Poll

Which album do you think is better?

23 (38.3%)
37 (61.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Get Rich or Die Tryin' OR The Documentary  (Read 505 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Get Rich or Die Tryin' OR The Documentary
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 09:20:44 PM »
IM going with Documentary in fact besides Busta Rhymes album the big bang its probably my favorite album to come since 05

Bulldog - Your Not Gafflin Nobody

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 01:04:59 AM »
the doc easy imo

Soopahigh

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2007, 02:23:24 AM »
The Documentary. It still gets played occassionally whereas I haven't listened to Get Rich Or Die Tryin' in its entirety since 2004.

Same here.
There are some dope tracks on GRODT but ther's only a few i can really listen to: In da club, If i can't, Backdown...whereas i can listen to the DOC all the way thru.
But IMO Game's DA is more consistent.
Anyway they are both great albums.

Narrator

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2007, 06:21:00 AM »
I don't really listen to either one that much anymore besides the singles or the tracks I really liked (i.e. "Many Men (Wish Death" and "Church For Thugs"), but I would say "GRODT" made a much bigger impact on me and on hip-hop in general when it came (for better or worse).

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 01:56:37 AM »
Damn right now Documentary got double the votes lol, it is better though, well deserved!!!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2007, 08:57:58 AM »
'Many Men' gotta be a 5 outta 5. That shit has so much in it.

LegendaryEternallyCLE

• Lil Geezy
  • Cleveland is the City where I come from
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2007, 12:09:29 PM »
I'm going to have to easily go with The Documentary. I still bump every now and again.

Not to sound like I'm hating but I remember how excited I was when GRDT was going to come out. That whole summer and fall 50 was droping heat. I was bumping the shit out of Guess WHos Back and Power the Dollar. I kept telling my friend his guys is bringing gansta rap back (because at this point it was all bling bling and shiney Suits (I blame puffy for that one). I really thought this guy could start where pac left off, but I was young and naive. I remember the album leak about a month before (or maybe a little leess I don't remember), and I listened to it non stop for a couple of weeks until I couldn't stand it anymore (I was dissapointed with it, I thought it would be more like his mixtapes). I was so burned out on 50 at the point, I don't think I've listened to once since it offially came out. I just don't think 50 is relevant in hip hop anymore (the Last time I think he was relevant, was before he blew up). This isn't a knock to any one here but the only people that listen to 50 anymore are people that listen to what ever MTV tells them too. I put 50 with Master P, he made his mark and has enough money where he will never quite go away.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:12:19 PM by Kane25420 »

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2007, 03:50:31 PM »
I'm going to have to easily go with The Documentary. I still bump every now and again.

Not to sound like I'm hating but I remember how excited I was when GRDT was going to come out. That whole summer and fall 50 was droping heat. I was bumping the shit out of Guess WHos Back and Power the Dollar. I kept telling my friend his guys is bringing gansta rap back (because at this point it was all bling bling and shiney Suits (I blame puffy for that one). I really thought this guy could start where pac left off, but I was young and naive. I remember the album leak about a month before (or maybe a little leess I don't remember), and I listened to it non stop for a couple of weeks until I couldn't stand it anymore (I was dissapointed with it, I thought it would be more like his mixtapes). I was so burned out on 50 at the point, I don't think I've listened to once since it offially came out. I just don't think 50 is relevant in hip hop anymore (the Last time I think he was relevant, was before he blew up). This isn't a knock to any one here but the only people that listen to 50 anymore are people that listen to what ever MTV tells them too. I put 50 with Master P, he made his mark and has enough money where he will never quite go away.

Damn, real talk homie!!!

eNgIeS

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2007, 10:06:31 PM »
GRODT is a great classic album just havent listened in a while

I still bump documentary more. I just feel Games flow more than 50's is just the main reason

plus just the way 50 has gone since Massacre & onwards has tainted my opinion of him