Author Topic: Akon "I Sold More Than 50 Cent"  (Read 229 times)

TRG

Akon "I Sold More Than 50 Cent"
« on: August 09, 2007, 05:39:55 AM »
August 08, 2007. MediaTakeOut.com has learned that hip hop superstar Akon is making some shocking claims about his record sales. In an interview with Allhiphop.com, the popular rapper claimed that he sold more records that 50 Cent. Here's an excerpt from the interview:

Akon:There is a lot of political problems happening at the Universal building with me, and we’re trying to get the business side of things right so that’s the only thing that’s held it up.

What do you mean by political problems at Universal?

Akon: Well, right now I am the highest selling artist in the Universal building.

So you have now sold more than 50 Cent?

Akon: Yeah. And now what it is, Universal is very protective of me and what projects I do. So even though I would love to do it, the powers that be at Universal don’t feel it’s in my personal best interest.

According to the United World Charts, 50 Cent's first album Get Rich Or Die Trying sold 7.9 million albums worldwide. And his second album The Massacre sold 7.1 million units. That's a total of 15 million records.

The same chart shows Akon's first album Trouble sold 3.5 million units. And his follow up album, Konvicted sold 3.9 million. That's a total of 7.4 million records

Uh Akon, we're no math experts. But last time we checked 15 million is greater than 7.4 million...

This interview is from allhiphop.com

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Akon "I Sold More Than 50 Cent"
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 05:51:31 AM »
Probably, he has included all the songs he was featured on.

StevenQBosell

Re: Akon "I Sold More Than 50 Cent"
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 07:15:01 AM »
^^^

Yeah, but my 2 year old niece spins better yarns than MeidaTakeOut.com