Author Topic: R KELLY SUED AGAIN ! ! ! ! ! !  (Read 198 times)

Tito

R KELLY SUED AGAIN ! ! ! ! ! !
« on: April 30, 2002, 12:31:10 PM »
A third woman has come forward to file a civil suit against R. Kelly, claiming that not only did the singer have sex with her when she was underage, but that he also forced her to have an abortion. Kelly's lawyers, in response, said that they're not going to settle this case and plan to fight it in court.

Patrice Jones, now 20, filed a suit Monday (April 30) in the Cook County Circuit Court in Chicago accusing Kelly of criminal sexual assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress, seeking $50,000 in damages. She alleges that after meeting Kelly in December of 1998, when she was 16, that he initiated a nine-month sexual relationship with her. According to the suit, Jones met Kelly at the Rock and Roll McDonald's in Chicago, a tourist trap in downtown's River North neighborhood, on the evening of her prom, whereupon Kelly asked for Jones' number and invited her to visit him at his recording studio.

Within the month, her suit claims, she began having sex with him at his Chicago Trax Studio, as well as on his tour bus and in various hotels, averaging two to three times per week during the bulk of the relationship. Jones estimates that she had intercourse and oral sex with Kelly between 20 and 30 times prior to her 17th birthday. "During their relationship ... Kelly promised to teach ... Jones various vocations in the music industry including operation of musical equipment and the making of music videos," the suit reads. "Kelly took advantage of his occupation or status, position of authority and plaintiff, Patrice Jones, had trust and confidence in him to cause her to develop a dependent relationship in him."

By June of 1999, Jones was pregnant, the suit claims, causing Kelly to coerce her into having an abortion, which he paid for and had his employees arrange at Family Planning Associates in September of that year.

That abortion haunts her to this day, her lawyer Susan E. Loggans said. "She's under psychological care now," Loggans said. "She had another baby later, but she's still never gotten over what she did. It's changed her life."

Loggans said that she was discussing a possible settlement with Kelly's lawyers the week prior to filing, but that Kelly's lawyers dismissed it and a dollar amount wasn't reached. "They're unwilling to see this as serious," she said. "They think that fact is immaterial. They think if someone gets pregnant, it's their fault, and that if they have an abortion, they chose to do it. But that's pathetic, because she was a child, and she was and is still very intimidated by R. Kelly."

Kelly's lawyers, in response to the complaint, held a press conference in Chicago on Monday, and said that Kelly in turn would not be intimidated by these latest accusations, warning Jones not to expect a settlement.

"Enough is enough," attorney Gerald Margolis said at the conference. "Perhaps ... people have gotten the idea that R. Kelly is some sort of walking ATM machine they can hit up for cash simply by threatening to sue him. The cash machine is closed. R. Kelly is no angel, but he is no monster either ... In the past, we've taken the high road with regard to a series of terrible allegations made against Robert. Rather than going to court to defend him against these charges, a process that would have degraded everyone concerned, we decided to settle the cases quietly. This latest suit is a collection of half-truths, distortions and outright lies that we intend to fight and beat."

Loggans said that the complaint is going to be hard to beat, since she has medical records to back up Jones' accusations, witnesses to Jones' and Kelly's alleged ongoing relationship and phone records indicating that she had his private line. Loggans also represented the two other women — Tracy Sampson and Tiffany Hawkins — who've filed and settled similar civil suits against Kelly (see "R. Kelly Settles Civil Suit, Defends Himself On Radio"), and said that Jones was emboldened by the other women coming forward. "She's been bolstered by the courage the other women have," Loggans said, "and I hope we do get our day in court."

A trial date has not yet been set. Chicago police said that their investigation into whether Kelly videotaped himself having sex with underage girls is continuing.

—Jennifer Vineyard
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Re: R KELLY SUED AGAIN ! ! ! ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 12:47:30 PM »
bitches, always yappin for money, why didn't she demand ths doe doe when she was underage shit.... hoes can kill for money, they just cut your head off when u asleep , watch youserlf niggaz i'm warning you  :o
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Youngster323

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2002, 01:29:42 PM »
bitches, always yappin for money, why didn't she demand ths doe doe when she was underage shit.... hoes can kill for money, they just cut your head off when u asleep , watch youserlf niggaz i'm warning you  :o

but that is fucked up that he made her have an abortion. if its true

ROCCY

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2002, 02:06:20 PM »

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2002, 04:25:50 PM »

i think she make it up, she put this abortion thing so the story looks more sad or some, but these femele are hot theses days,, it'S like the rene angelile and celine dion's shit , the femele in this case was lying like hmmm 85 % of the time
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2002, 04:53:14 PM »
She is probably making it up. But if she isn't then FUCK r.kelly, the pedophile!

Youngster323

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2002, 05:37:05 PM »

i think she make it up, she put this abortion thing so the story looks more sad or some, but these femele are hot theses days,, it'S like the rene angelile and celine dion's shit , the femele in this case was lying like hmmm 85 % of the time

lmao damn sexist! JK dogg lol

KVB

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2002, 08:43:21 PM »
Bullshit.... stupid hoes do everything for money... wonder why she didn't file a lawsuit earlier  ::)

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2002, 08:44:48 PM »
GOOD.

Peace

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2002, 02:10:02 AM »
Bullshit.... stupid hoes do everything for money... wonder why she didn't file a lawsuit earlier  ::)

Who knows. I know that some people don't even know until it's too late. I don't know if she's lieing, but I'm not putting past R. Kelly. The ghost of Aalyah is haunting him.

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2002, 05:21:43 PM »
damn, whats up with r kelley and young girls?
also yeah i know, wouldnt the hoes sue him earlier? but now he probably has more money. so now the ho could get more
damn sux for him lol