Author Topic: Tourists in Saudi Arabia are banned from bringing bibles and crucifixes  (Read 628 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Tourists in Saudi Arabia are banned from bringing bibles and crucifixes
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 04:08:32 PM »
by the way, it was Britian that put the Saudi family in power in the first place after World War 1.  They were the handpicked leaders. 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 04:49:15 PM »
^i have altered my post. the bold bit is what i was refering to.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 05:17:38 PM »

Islamic doctrine teaches equality amongst the races, it's stated clearly in Qu'ran, and Muslims were offering freedom of religion long before Christians were.  As far back as the 8th Century Jews were fleeing persecution from Christians in Europe and travelling to regions administered by Muslims such as Spain where they were allowed religious freedom and privilege.

Then why do no Muslim nations currently allow religious freedom?? Check out this article about religious persecution in Malaysia, which is considered the most moderate Muslim nation in the world.

Malaysia bans Muslims from converting to other religions

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...A710E2AB44.htm

Malaysia convert's marriage illegal

Islamic authorities in Malaysia have ordered a Muslim woman who was detained for four months after she married a Hindu to live separately from her husband.

Officials in Selangor state told Najeera Farvinli Mohamed Jalali, an ethnic Indian, that her marriage was illegal under Islam, the couple's lawyer said on Saturday.

Under Malaysian law, Muslims cannot marry non-Muslims.

"Her husband's family rang us up to say she has been released about three weeks ago," Karpal Singh, the lawyer said.

He has argued in the past that Jalali's detention was illegal because no detention order was served on her.

Magendran Sababathy, her husband, had hired Karpal to fight for his wife's freedom.

Islamic religious police raided the couple's house in April and arrested her, on the charge of "illegally cohabiting" with a Hindu and for failing to produce any relevant marriage documents.

Malik Imtiaz Sarwar, a human rights lawyer, has questioned the decision to separate Jalali from her husband.

"I don't think there's a legal basis for them to do it," he said on Saturday.

"If she is saying that she is not a Muslim, the constitution guarantees her right to say that and nobody can order her to do anything other than that."

Counselling ordered

Meanwhile, a religious court has ordered another Malaysian woman who is trying to renounce Islam to undergo three months of counselling.

"If she is saying that
she is not a
Muslim, the constitution guarantees her right to say that and nobody can order her to do anything other than that"

Malik Imtiaz Sarwar, human rights lawyer
According to the New Straits Times newspaper, Siti Fatimah, 38, claims she originally converted from Buddhism to Islam in 1998 because she wanted to marry an Iranian man and never truly practised Islam.

Siti, an ethnic Chinese whose original name was Tan Ean Huang, filed a legal petition formally renouncing Islam in July 2006 after her marriage broke down.

On Friday, the Islamic sharia high court in northern Penang state directed Siti to undergo guidance and counselling under the state's Islamic religious department for three months.

The court is scheduled to rule on Siti's petition on December 3, after a report from the religious department detailing the progress of the counselling sessions.

Conflicting values

Just over half of Malaysia's 26 million people are Malays, who are Muslims by definition.

Ethnic Chinese and Indians form sizeable minorities and mainly practice Buddhism, Christianity or Hinduism.

Last month, a 29-year-old woman said she was mentally tortured by Islamic religious police during her six-month detention for renouncing Islam in favour of the Hindu religion.

While in May, Lina Joy, a Christian convert, lost a battle in Malaysia's highest court to have the word "Islam" removed from her identity card.

In delivering the judgment, the chief judge had said that the issue of apostasy was related to Islamic law, and civil courts could not intervene.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 07:31:20 PM »

Islamic doctrine teaches equality amongst the races, it's stated clearly in Qu'ran, and Muslims were offering freedom of religion long before Christians were.  As far back as the 8th Century Jews were fleeing persecution from Christians in Europe and travelling to regions administered by Muslims such as Spain where they were allowed religious freedom and privilege.

Then why do no Muslim nations currently allow religious freedom?? Check out this article about religious persecution in Malaysia, which is considered the most moderate Muslim nation in the world.

Malaysia bans Muslims from converting to other religions

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...A710E2AB44.htm

Malaysia convert's marriage illegal

Islamic authorities in Malaysia have ordered a Muslim woman who was detained for four months after she married a Hindu to live separately from her husband.

Officials in Selangor state told Najeera Farvinli Mohamed Jalali, an ethnic Indian, that her marriage was illegal under Islam, the couple's lawyer said on Saturday.

Under Malaysian law, Muslims cannot marry non-Muslims.

"Her husband's family rang us up to say she has been released about three weeks ago," Karpal Singh, the lawyer said.

He has argued in the past that Jalali's detention was illegal because no detention order was served on her.

Magendran Sababathy, her husband, had hired Karpal to fight for his wife's freedom.

Islamic religious police raided the couple's house in April and arrested her, on the charge of "illegally cohabiting" with a Hindu and for failing to produce any relevant marriage documents.

Malik Imtiaz Sarwar, a human rights lawyer, has questioned the decision to separate Jalali from her husband.

"I don't think there's a legal basis for them to do it," he said on Saturday.

"If she is saying that she is not a Muslim, the constitution guarantees her right to say that and nobody can order her to do anything other than that."

Counselling ordered

Meanwhile, a religious court has ordered another Malaysian woman who is trying to renounce Islam to undergo three months of counselling.

"If she is saying that
she is not a
Muslim, the constitution guarantees her right to say that and nobody can order her to do anything other than that"

Malik Imtiaz Sarwar, human rights lawyer
According to the New Straits Times newspaper, Siti Fatimah, 38, claims she originally converted from Buddhism to Islam in 1998 because she wanted to marry an Iranian man and never truly practised Islam.

Siti, an ethnic Chinese whose original name was Tan Ean Huang, filed a legal petition formally renouncing Islam in July 2006 after her marriage broke down.

On Friday, the Islamic sharia high court in northern Penang state directed Siti to undergo guidance and counselling under the state's Islamic religious department for three months.

The court is scheduled to rule on Siti's petition on December 3, after a report from the religious department detailing the progress of the counselling sessions.

Conflicting values

Just over half of Malaysia's 26 million people are Malays, who are Muslims by definition.

Ethnic Chinese and Indians form sizeable minorities and mainly practice Buddhism, Christianity or Hinduism.

Last month, a 29-year-old woman said she was mentally tortured by Islamic religious police during her six-month detention for renouncing Islam in favour of the Hindu religion.

While in May, Lina Joy, a Christian convert, lost a battle in Malaysia's highest court to have the word "Islam" removed from her identity card.

In delivering the judgment, the chief judge had said that the issue of apostasy was related to Islamic law, and civil courts could not intervene.

please stop posting in this forum

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150733.0

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

me>you

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 09:00:26 PM »
what if i have a cross tattooed on my arm?

because im just dying to tour saudi arabia  ;)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »
Saudi Arabia can do whatever the fuck it wants, your beloved u.s government is supporting it.

Good point. If it wasn't for America, everyone knows that Saudi Arabia would be a bastion of human rights, democracy, and religious freedom. Just like the rest of the Islamic world.

???

Who cares what it WOULD be. We know what it is, and we also know that the u.s government likes what it is because it's paying for such policies.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Narrator

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 12:51:57 PM »
So, has anyone violated this policy yet and had their hands chopped off?  I wanna see a Protestant cracker lose his hands.

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 11:51:28 PM »
Hows your pussy CWalker? You still queef every time you do a jumping jack?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE