Author Topic: That NWA album (Dre/Snoop/Cube/Ren) should of fukkin dropped, would be classic  (Read 4820 times)

Dani

• Lil Geezy
snoop is rapping "fuck tha police"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BV846G0xNIs

This is fuckin' dope!

But yeah, no N.W.A. without Eazy, Yella and The D.O.C.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Snoop & C-Murder - Gangsta Gangsta

... dope

There's also remake on ''Fuck The Police'' called ''Watch The Police'', it's on Training Day Soundtrack with C-Murder & Trick Daddy on it.
It's funky enough!

Okka

Snoop & C-Murder - Gangsta Gangsta

... dope

There's also remake on ''Fuck The Police'' called ''Watch The Police'', it's on Training Day Soundtrack with C-Murder & Trick Daddy on it.

There's also a whole CD full of remakes of NWA's tracks, it's called "Straight Outta Compton: 10th Anniversary Tribute". Here's the tracklisting

1. "Straight Outta Compton" (King Tee, MC Eiht & Dresta)- 4:11
2. "Fuck tha Police" (Bone Thugs N Harmony)- 5:01
3. "Gangsta Gangsta" (Snoop Dogg & C-Murder)- 4:39
4. "If It Ain't Ruff" (WC)- 3:43
5. "Parental Discretion Iz Advised" (Comrads, Allfrumtha I & Boo Kapone)- 4:18
6. "8 Ball" (Jayo Felony)- 4:24
7. "Something Like That" (J Dubb & Ant Banks)- 3:14
8. "Express Yourself" (Silkk the Shocker)- 4:22
9. "Compton's N the House" (live) (N.W.A.)- 2:01
10. "I Ain't Tha 1" (Mr. Mike)- 5:28
11. "Dopeman" (Mack 10)- 4:00
12. "Quiet on Tha Set" (Big Pun, Fat Joe & Cuban Link) 4:00

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Yeah I already know homie.
It's funky enough!

i'd MUCH rather have helter skelter then that new nwa album

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
This is what people said when it came out that Snoop was added. I never said it would not be dope or classic. NWA is a groundbreaking group, the hip hop equivalent to a Rolling Stones or Beatles as far as groundbreaking music for a genre. A few people might have or had a problem with adding a new member to the group. ANYONE. I mentioned BG and Quik being more acceptable because they are basically from that Eazy E family tree or influenced by E. I personally think people would have liked to have NWA minus Snoop, but I think Snoop or no Snoop it would be classic. I just was not thrilled about Snoop being in the group, that's all.
agree

Okka

i'd MUCH rather have helter skelter then that new nwa album

As far as i remember, this project was never finished. Dre and Cube recorder only a few song that was supposed to be on "Helter Skelter".

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
New nwa would of been cool in 2000 but not now.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
instead of snoop... they coulda thrown in quik if they really wanted to do the compton thing

but imo snoop wasnt replacing eazy, he was just the new addition.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
fucc NWA

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I'd MUCH rather have Helter Skelter then that new NWA album

What's the difference?
Ren was supposed to appear on that project as well....  :P

yeah; it's all hardcore  ;)
besides, Natural Born Killaz, Chin Check and Hello are all dope.

Chad Vader

I'd MUCH rather have Helter Skelter then that new NWA album

What's the difference?
Ren was supposed to appear on that project as well....  :P

yeah; it's all hardcore  ;)
besides, Natural Born Killaz, Chin Check and Hello are all dope.

Maybe he meant the production style Dre used around 94-95?

KC-HOODSTA

no snoop in the group but the rest yes

ren cube dre yella

Chad Vader

NWA reunion talk;

"NWA" interview in The Source April 2000 NO.127.

XXXXXXX

NWA Reunion? in Rap Pages February 1998

Dr.Dre; Hawai "Gimme 50ft." in The Source July 1994 NO.58

Dr.Dre interview from 1999. Speaks on change off name from Chronic 2000 > Chronic 2001. NWA Reunion and EVE. 2Pac and Eazy-E memories.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nz7zk4O5ti4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nz7zk4O5ti4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

The Biography Dr.Dre by Ronin Ro, NWA reunion part 1, Helter Skelter

The Biography Dr.Dre by Ronin Ro, NWA Reunion part 2, Chin Check,Hello

The Biography Dr.Dre by Ronin Ro, NWA Reunion part 2, Farmclub performance

The Biography Dr.Dre by Ronin Ro, NWA Reunion part 2, Up in Smoke tour performance

Related threads;
What was your view on the "NWA Reunion?"
+
The ultimate N.W.A family interview thread *magazine scans,reviews etc.*

Suge Knight talks shit Part.1; N.W.A reunion. (HHC September 2000)
Here's a part of a interview in Hip Hop Connection, where he talks shit as always. I took out the most interesting part’s.
Here’s part 1; N.W.A
Hip Hop Connection. September. 2000. Suge knight Cover;
HHC;
What happened to the Dre and Cube album?
Suge Knight;
“Basically egos, and when you get two guys who are not from the ghetto what can they actually talk about? Their house in the hills?
That’s why you  won’t see the N.W.A album come out any time soon. Everyone’s talking about the N.W.A reunion album coming out, but I own the name N.W.A, so before they put that out I’d have to give clearance for it. They did ‘Chin Check’ on Cube’s album which didn’t help sell the album because the kids want somebody young. What really sold Dre’s album is Eminem, that’s what sold that record”
HHC;
How come you own N.W.A’s name?
Suge Knight;
“The N.W.A thing, that’s a Compton thing. With me really being from Compton and those other guys not really being from Compton, it was more rightfully mine to own than theirs. I wasn’t part of the group but I was part of the real ghetto which those guys weren’t.”
HHC;
Are you saying N.W.A where all fakers?
Suge Knight;
Eazy lived in Compton, that’s the only one, everybody else didn’t.

Here’s a link to another thread where he talks some shit about Snoop and more.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=132282.0
Here’s a link to another thread where he talks some shit about Ronin Ro;
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=132284.0

Dr.Dre and Ice Cube talks about Helter Skelter in The Source 93,Rap Pages 94 and Hip Hop Connection 94
The Source September 93 #48
The Source:

Since Dre's break-up with Eazy,there has been speculation about a reunion between he Ice Cube. Dre confirms the rumours. "We planned on doing this a long time ago,but we had to go through all the drama and shit." We got a chance to come together. Everybody's heads are on straight and the offer is,uhh...a nice amount of money." The album is tentatively titled Helter Skelter and will be realeased on Death Row Records. Dre plans to share production duties with Cube's camp. "You Don't Want To See Me" the project's first single,features a guest appearance by George Clinton.

Cube said this in Rap Pages 03.94
RP:What's up with the Helter Skelter project?
Cube:The Helter Skelter project had 2 be put on hold. Now it's about 2 get right back into effect. We had did one record called "You Don't Want To See Me",& we had 2 stop because Dre had to concentrate on Snoop's record.
RP:Is Ren a part of Helter Skelter?
Cube:I don't know,I talk 2 Ren too. That brother signed with the Nation Of Islam. I'm real happy with that brother because he's the last one who I thought would ever change. But I know he's gonna be a strong soldier

Dr.Dre interview in Hip Hop Connection June 1994.
….The much anticipated collaboration with Ice Cube, “Helter Skelter”. “It’s gonna be the biggest rap album of all time,” predicts a confident Dre.
     When it became known that Dre and Cube were going to work together again, rumours started flying round of an N.W.A reunion. Dre is amused at the suggestion.
     “There was never gonna be a N.W.A reunion. It was just me and Cube. We where in an interview clowning around, and that came out and the next thing you know it’s in every fucking newspaper. That the album was gonna be Niggaz Without Eazy. But there was never any reunion planned or nothing like that. We’re gonna try and get Ren on a couple of songs, but there was never any talk of a N.W.A reunion.”
      So despite the exchange of disses back and forth between Dre and Cube over the last couple of years, this obviously hasn’t damaged their working relationship?
       “Me and Cube have always been cool. We said something about him and he came back with his record; but there wasn’t no real beef. As matter of fact, we went out one time and he told me what he was gonna do. I was like ‘okay, whatever’.

NWA Biopic, 'Straight Outta Compton,' In Development
+
Revisiting NWA´s discography part 1; Ice Cube
+
Revisiting NWA´s discography part 2; Eazy-E
+
Revisiting NWA´s discography part 3; MC Ren
+
Revisiting NWA´s discography part 4; Dr.Dre & DJ Yella
+
N.W.A. Biopic, 'Straight Outta Compton,' In Development
+
The ultimate N.W.A family interview thread *magazine scans,reviews etc.*
+
Eazy-E interviews here
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:36:57 PM by Chad Vader »

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Right on for the Rap Pages scans....I've never read that Eazy-E interview before.