Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 170726 times)

Paul

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 07, 2007, 05:03:45 PM »
Dropped 2 points against Motherwell in the league on Saturday and allow Celtic to go top on goals

Then we go away from home in the Champions League and beat Lyon 3-0

Unbelievable and shows how crazy and wonderful this sport is

One of our best results away from home in Europe

then getting pumped off of the mighty Hibees!

lucky bastard celtic again with two late goals >:(

Eh you settle pal, you were top of the league for about 22 hours. You should still be on cloud 9.

haha, it was light hearted, celtic do never give up, its just frustrating for other teams
funkyfreshintheflesh

Invincible

« Reply #241 on: October 07, 2007, 08:14:09 PM »
My god. We scored more than 1 goal in a game. About fucking time. Looks like Ronaldo is coming into some good form again and thats nice to see.

Come on Sunderland tomorrow. Do us a favour and beat them Gooners.

Oh no they didn't.

Gunners won 3-2 :D

>:(. I can't see Arsenal's form lasting that long though personally. Their strength in depth ain't that great. And their defence ain't amazing as far as i'm concerned.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #242 on: October 08, 2007, 03:18:57 AM »
My god. We scored more than 1 goal in a game. About fucking time. Looks like Ronaldo is coming into some good form again and thats nice to see.

Oh no they didn't.

>:(. I can't see Arsenal's form lasting that long though personally. Their strength in depth ain't that great. And their defence ain't amazing as far as i'm concerned.

arsenal are doing well, they have united and liverpool soon so it will be interesting to see where they are after those two games.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #243 on: October 08, 2007, 05:29:08 AM »

Oh no they didn't.

Yeah, I'm worried by the thin squad, the lack of another central defender besides Toure and we need a quality goalie.

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #244 on: October 08, 2007, 04:21:03 PM »

Oh no they didn't.

lehman is a good goalie even though he did mess up a couple of times this season.

Yeah, I'm worried by the thin squad, the lack of another central defender besides Toure and we need a quality goalie.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #245 on: October 08, 2007, 04:28:12 PM »

Oh no they didn't.

lehman is a good goalie even though he did mess up a couple of times this season.

Yeah, but he's not getting any younger.. Plus I've never liked him..
Sebastian Frey - I'd like to see him in an Arsenal jersey

kemizt

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #246 on: October 08, 2007, 11:08:11 PM »
Wenger messed up not splashing some cash on Craig Gordon, who is without a doubt the best British Goalkeeper at the moment, Only Cech, VDS and BUffon are better in Europe.

The Maestro

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #247 on: October 09, 2007, 01:02:13 AM »
Wenger messed up not splashing some cash on Craig Gordon, who is without a doubt the best British Goalkeeper at the moment, Only Cech, VDS and BUffon are better in Europe.

reina???

craig gordon is top-draw though..money well-spent

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #248 on: October 09, 2007, 02:46:35 AM »

Agreed. Plus, we need some British lads in the squad ASAP - not just anybody though

kemizt

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #249 on: October 09, 2007, 04:36:19 AM »

Are you kidding? Maybe you should watch the German Bundesliga more often. Our next generation of super-goalkeepers is comin', we don't need Lehman and Kahn no more.
I don't understand why your teams never buy any german gk's besides that wack as Lehman, your teams are rich as fuck, but it looks like they can't afford a serious goalkeeper.

bez

« Reply #250 on: October 09, 2007, 05:35:29 AM »

I think Howard is up there with the best. Rarely puts a foot wrong.

bez

« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2007, 05:36:14 AM »
Everton gets AZ Alkmaar in UEFA CUP. Who is it on these boards that supports them? Someone does, I remember.

We got a good group! Quite happy.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #252 on: October 09, 2007, 05:41:16 AM »
Everton gets AZ Alkmaar in UEFA CUP. Who is it on these boards that supports them? Someone does, I remember.

Mauzip does, if I remember correctly...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #253 on: October 09, 2007, 05:53:36 AM »

You're just saying that cause u support Everton

kemizt

bez

« Reply #254 on: October 09, 2007, 05:55:47 AM »

Mauzip does, if I remember correctly...

Wheres Mauz now?

You're just saying that cause u support Everton

No I aint mate. We have had our fair share of awful keepers, Wright, Gerrard, Simonsen etc. Nigel Martyn was world class in my opnion. Tim Howard is class and we only get better. Hes a shot stopper and is good at what he does. Rarely makes a mistake like say David James, Lehman etc.