Author Topic: The ultimate N.W.A family interview thread *magazine scans,reviews etc.*  (Read 29867 times)

Chad Vader

Re: Dr.Dre Magazine Scans thread. *Interviews,reviews etc.*
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2008, 12:39:26 PM »
lol death row is such a mess  ::) there are still lawsuits going on, 10 years later.

...and there´s still cats that care for them  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Death Row "died" when Dre left/2Pac died.

about the King T interview; well i'm sure he changed his mind about Interscope by now  ;)

I can´t blame him,he probably tought they could resurect is career  :laugh: :laugh:
Cube/WC should pick him up since he´s around Maylay and WC all the time anyway.

Chad Vader

« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2008, 01:55:13 PM »
King T 1 interview in The Source September 1998 NO.108

Chad Vader

« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2008, 02:13:34 PM »
RBX interview in The Source October 1995 NO.73

Chad Vader

« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2008, 10:08:23 AM »
DPG interview in The Source May 1995 NO.68

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2008, 04:11:01 AM »
thanks for the D.O.C. interview chad, that was quite interesting  :)

what i don't understand is that the D.O.C. keeps bringing up the story, of how he gave his publishing rights away to Eazy in exchange for jewelry. i'm not saying that he's lying, but neither Eazy nor Jerry talked about this ( while they had their mouth full about Ice Cube and Dre).
anyway, the D.O.C. was still broke when he left death row, so if his deal was right at ruthless, how could this happen? his album went platinum.

it's also quite interesting to see how the D.O.C. really changed his mind about helter skelter. back then he felt the album was ahead of it's time, now he feels like it wasn't that good ( why else would you call the 3rd album Deuce).
while i agree that the result wasn't maximised, he made the best out of him with what he had at the time. clever concept and production that fit the new voice well.

Chad Vader

« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2008, 02:20:27 PM »
What i don't understand is that the D.O.C. keeps bringing up the story,
of how he gave his publishing rights away to Eazy in exchange for jewelry.
I'm not saying that he's lying, but neither Eazy nor Jerry talked about this ( while they had their mouth full about Ice Cube and Dre).
anyway,the D.O.C. was still broke when he left Death Row, so if his deal was right at Ruthless,how could this happen?
His album went platinum.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
My theory is that;

is serious mix that really fucks up shit.
Fuck dude didn´t even meet up to his doctor appointments that Jerry set up for him (source; The Jerry heller book).[/b]

It's also quite interesting to see how the D.O.C. really changed his mind about Helter Skelter.
Back then he felt the album was ahead of it's time,now he feels like it wasn't that good.
While i agree that the result wasn't maximised,he made the best out of him with what he had at the time.
Clever concept and production that fit the new voice well.

oooh yeah,I love the album.
As you said the concept and production fit perfect.
But now that you have read a couple  ;) :laugh: of interviews,
you have probably noticed how they rave about their album when they´re promoting it.
But a couple of years later,when they got a new album to promote they the story is a little different  :laugh:.
Look no further than the last D.O.C dubCNN interview;.....  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
THE D.O.C. (December 2006) | Interview By: Nima
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/thedoc/
Dubcnn: How do you feel about your album "Deuce", looking back to it a few years later?
You know what, that's the first record I ever did myself, without nobody.
I was trying to prove a point so bad, that I went one way when I maybe should have went another way.
Today I might do it a lot differently, but it is what it is. I appreciate the opportunity.

(why else would you call the 3rd album Deuce).

Deuce = 6-2

Q & A W/ the D.O.C.: from ruthless to death row
http://www.thaformula.com/doc_ruthless_to_death_row_thaformula_music.html
So instead of putting it all on 6’-2” to go out and have to deal with all this press and deal with these muthafuckas comin’ at him for the shit he's talkin’, I decided to just do sort of do a compilation record and call it “Deuce.”
Put my name on the top of it and
call it “Deuce” cause I really felt like it was my second record,
and showcase all of my young dudes,
but get all of my old school homeboys that I could use to make this album a classic and put it all together.

Altough he says it felt like his 2nd album,
I remember reading that it was somewhat a 6-2 solo album and that was the reason for it,maybe it was a 6-2 interview?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2008, 01:42:33 AM »
What i don't understand is that the D.O.C. keeps bringing up the story,
of how he gave his publishing rights away to Eazy in exchange for jewelry.
I'm not saying that he's lying, but neither Eazy nor Jerry talked about this ( while they had their mouth full about Ice Cube and Dre).
anyway,the D.O.C. was still broke when he left Death Row, so if his deal was right at Ruthless,how could this happen?
His album went platinum.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
My theory is that;

is serious mix that really fucks up shit.
Fuck dude didn´t even meet up to his doctor appointments that Jerry set up for him (source; The Jerry heller book).[/b]

It's also quite interesting to see how the D.O.C. really changed his mind about Helter Skelter.
Back then he felt the album was ahead of it's time,now he feels like it wasn't that good.
While i agree that the result wasn't maximised,he made the best out of him with what he had at the time.
Clever concept and production that fit the new voice well.

oooh yeah,I love the album.
As you said the concept and production fit perfect.
But now that you have read a couple  ;) :laugh: of interviews,
you have probably noticed how they rave about their album when they´re promoting it.
But a couple of years later,when they got a new album to promote they the story is a little different  :laugh:.
Look no further than the last D.O.C dubCNN interview;.....  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
THE D.O.C. (December 2006) | Interview By: Nima
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/thedoc/
Dubcnn: How do you feel about your album "Deuce", looking back to it a few years later?
You know what, that's the first record I ever did myself, without nobody.
I was trying to prove a point so bad, that I went one way when I maybe should have went another way.
Today I might do it a lot differently, but it is what it is. I appreciate the opportunity.

(why else would you call the 3rd album Deuce).

Deuce = 6-2

Q & A W/ the D.O.C.: from ruthless to death row
http://www.thaformula.com/doc_ruthless_to_death_row_thaformula_music.html
So instead of putting it all on 6’-2” to go out and have to deal with all this press and deal with these muthafuckas comin’ at him for the shit he's talkin’, I decided to just do sort of do a compilation record and call it “Deuce.”
Put my name on the top of it and
call it “Deuce” cause I really felt like it was my second record,
and showcase all of my young dudes,
but get all of my old school homeboys that I could use to make this album a classic and put it all together.

Altough he says it felt like his 2nd album,
I remember reading that it was somewhat a 6-2 solo album and that was the reason for it,maybe it was a 6-2 interview?

yeah i guess your theory is the closest thing to the truth, since he didn't go to that appointment.

and you're probably right about Deuce as well, since the D.O.C. feels like Six-Two is his voice.
on Six-Two's myspace, it says that Deuce was supposed to be a Six-Two soloalbum.

anyway, about the album promotions; yeah i noticed that  ;) on one hand i'm like, well maybe you should promote your album differently.
but it certainly doesn't look good if you're not positive about your record  :laugh:

but it's always like that, if you're looking in the past, you have more knowlegde and have the ability to look at the album differently.
though i feel like it was a little extreme for helter skelter. but then again, the D.O.C.'s situation is a different, because of the whole voice situation.

TRG

« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2008, 05:28:09 AM »
hey chad, have u got any promotional stuff, any kind of promotion that was used, for Chronic 2001?

Chad Vader

« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2008, 06:40:55 AM »
hey chad, have u got any promotional stuff, any kind of promotion that was used, for Chronic 2001?

What you mean?
Yep I got a little something that they sent out,but nothing interesting.  :-\
Just info,promo photo and what not..... I don´t even remember where I have that shit.
The only interesting thing I got from them was the snippets tape for the Aftermath Compilation.
The intro got another verse,I uploaded it as a amr file before with NO response what´s so ever.  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Will send it to Dre-Day so he can convert it to a MP3 file,maybe I´ll put it up on youtube so you´ll can stream it.
As you know I got some problems with my USB turntable..... but will figure it out. Don´t you worry.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2008, 06:47:31 AM »
from what year is it( i assume it's from 1991)?

it's very interesting indeed. Jerry talked about Dre hanging with Suge, before the Eazy-E set up(from his book).
so i guess Dre was still with ruthless, while he was secretly working on death row?
but if he wanted to keep it low key he wouldn't have worn that hat. so he might have done that on purpose?

Chad Vader

« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2008, 10:29:43 PM »
from what year is it( i assume it's from 1991)?

Actually I believe it´s 92 around the time Deep Cover dropped or later....
I can try to pin point this with the video´s that was featured before and after it.
(Remind me if I forget,there´s some more shit on the same video tape I got up,so will check it again)

[quote author=Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement link=topic=150824.msg1726477#msg1726477
it's very interesting indeed.
Jerry talked about Dre hanging with Suge, before the Eazy-E set up (from his book).
So i guess Dre was still with ruthless,while he was secretly working on death row?
but if he wanted to keep it low key he wouldn't have worn that hat. so he might have done that on purpose?
[/quote]

NWA interviews,reviews etc.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=131032.50
Who knows,this is a little complicated... if you mix in the info from the Jerry Heller book.
Let´s throw in a wild idea,could this all this be manufactured?

and to add a little more fire,Yella was there....
he´s also appearing in that interview,he doesn´t really say shit. (some uninteresting shit about pop rappers  :D :laugh:)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2008, 01:01:38 PM »
thanks for the interview chad  :)

i didn't know Sam Sneed was working with dre for aftermath.
by the way, chad, in this interview, they're talking about the (possible?) Dogg pound diss track by RBX, which you told me about before  ;)
it's also interesting that dre wanted to do a movie about NWA, and make a soundtrack to it as well. he could still do it, now that he got the film production deal.

what's up with ghetto metal? dre mentioned this in a more recent interview ( can't remember which one), but he hasn't made it happen yet.
would be cool if he could find a band for it; aftermath could use something different  ;)

Chad Vader

« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2008, 04:24:45 AM »
I didn't know Sam Sneed was working with Dre for aftermath.

I had forgot about that,but probably because of all that Death Row drama that shiy didn´t go down  :P

by the way, chad, in this interview,
they're talking about the (possible?) Dogg pound diss track by RBX, which you told me about before  ;)

That or those tracks will probably never leave the vault  :-\

[/b]
it's also interesting that dre wanted to do a movie about NWA, and make a soundtrack to it as well.
he could still do it, now that he got the film production deal.

Didn´t D.O.C talk about something similar in his interview with Nima?

what's up with ghetto metal? dre mentioned this in a more recent interview ( can't remember which one), but he hasn't made it happen yet.
would be cool if he could find a band for it; aftermath could use something different  ;)

Yeah,he has been talking about that for a while.
I went to a Redman concert a couple of years ago and he had this band playing after his set,
some "black rock" shit,the band was awsome. Dre should check them out,their shit was banging.

-Did you notice that King T was originally on the "East Coast/West Coast Killa" joint?
Shit,that would be interesting to hear that version.
Damn,Dre shit release from his vault after the Detox sales has slowed down.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2008, 04:45:00 AM »
I didn't know Sam Sneed was working with Dre for aftermath.

I had forgot about that,but probably because of all that Death Row drama that shiy didn´t go down  :P
yeah probably  :laugh:

[/b]
it's also interesting that dre wanted to do a movie about NWA, and make a soundtrack to it as well.
he could still do it, now that he got the film production deal.

Didn´t D.O.C talk about something similar in his interview with Nima?
yeah it could be the same project, but i'm not sure; it actually sounds more like a D.O.C. movie:
Dubcnn: You still managed to make your mark in the game, even without your voice! You used your talent in another way.

Man, it's all God's gift. It's what he allowed me to do. If this is what I'm supposed to be doing right now, that's why that happened.

Dubcnn: Do you still sometimes think back, like "What if that didn't happen? Now I would be sitting right there next Snoop and Dre on TV doing all the shit?"

No, no. It's probably more likely that if I wouldn't have lost my voice, I
probably would be dead by now, kid!

Dubcnn: Do you still sometimes think back, like "What if that didn't happen? Now I would be sitting right there next Snoop and Dre on TV doing all the shit?"

No, no. It's probably more likely that if I wouldn't have lost my voice, I
probably would be dead by now, kid!

Dubcnn: You were too wild?

Yeah yeah, it was too much. We was too young.

Dubcnn: Doing too much?

Tooooo much! I think we're going to do a movie about this shit in a minute. So you'll get to see it, it's gonna be bananas. We're talking about it.

Yeah,he has been talking about that for a while.
I went to a Redman concert a couple of years ago and he had this band playing after his set,
some "black rock" shit,the band was awsome. Dre should check them out,their shit was banging.
interesting  :)

-Did you notice that King T was originally on the "East Coast/West Coast Killa" joint?
Shit,that would be interesting to hear that version.
Damn,Dre shit release from his vault after the Detox sales has slowed down.
damn, must have overlooked it, i wonder why his verse was taken off.

actually busta rhymes talked about dre's vault last year in an interview ( can't remember which one, but shouldn't be too hard to find); he seemed to suggest that dre will release some tracks from his vault.
but as you know, a lot of tracks will never see the light of the day, but it would still be great if we could get some previously unreleased songs after detox.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2008, 03:06:22 AM »
what are your thoughts about 2001 getting a 4.5 rating, chad?

personally it's a classic to me and i'm not saying it should get 5 mics, but i find the arguments of the reviewer a little weak.
i understand that he wasn't really feeling hittman's flow though.

overall dre showed that he could still drop a great album; nice guest features ( calling it a flaw that dre doesn't perform enough is a weak argument for not giving it 5 mics imo) and a different sound.
that's a huge accomplishment, and you'd expect that the writer would agree with that, if you check the intro.
and he's contradicting himself, by saying that you shouldn't compare 2001 to the chronic; because that's exactly what he did in the article, otherwise he wouldn't criticise 2001 for not having such a big impact as the chronic had.