Author Topic: What if you marry somebody with a different religion?  (Read 1237 times)

Chief

Re: What if you marry somebody with a different religion?
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2007, 07:12:37 AM »
to have a successful relationship, you should have similar attitudes and values..

so two people that are dvout about differring religions, shouldnt be together in the first place.

Elevz

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2007, 07:23:44 AM »
to have a successful relationship, you should have similar attitudes and values..

I don't know why you said "should" there, but can two people not admire one another, even when they differ? It's not so much the difference between people that causes trouble, but a lack of acceptance, or ununifiable viewpoints. That's not necessarily the case when two people of different religions marry.

Chief

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2007, 05:11:40 AM »

I don't know why you said "should" there, but can two people not admire one another, even when they differ? It's not so much the difference between people that causes trouble, but a lack of acceptance, or ununifiable viewpoints. That's not necessarily the case when two people of different religions marry.

how the hell could you spend the rest of your life with someone purely fuelled by admiration for different attitudes and values?

so lets say you're muslim, your wife is catholic, you want to have more than one wife, and she wants to sink piss on weekends... how will that work?

Elevz

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2007, 11:08:20 AM »

how the hell could you spend the rest of your life with someone purely fuelled by admiration for different attitudes and values?

so lets say you're muslim, your wife is catholic, you want to have more than one wife, and she wants to sink piss on weekends... how will that work?

Please call me a retard if that's what I am, but... You didn't put it that way in the post I quoted. You were talking about "to have a successful relationship" without specifically pointing out you were talking about religions with fundamentally ununifiable viewpoints. I simply stated that you don't necessarily need to have similar attitudes and values no matter what the case is. I can imagine a jew and a catholic perfectly getting along together. I can imagine a buddhist and a christian perfectly getting along together. However, you decided not to read this line:

It's not so much the difference between people that causes trouble, but a lack of acceptance, or ununifiable viewpoints.
(note: I said acceptance, as in tolerance.)

...Any thoughts actually related to my statement?

Sparegeez

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2007, 12:09:25 PM »
My mom is a Catholic and my stepdad is a Buddhist(Peruvian Buddhist :eh:) And they plan on teaching my lil baby sister both their religions. Then they let her decide what she believes in.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2007, 02:47:25 PM »
^ What about you??

Lol.

Sparegeez

« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2007, 08:04:17 PM »
^ What about you??

Lol.

Well my moms and stepdad didn't get together till I was around 9 or 10 so I'm a catholic. But this topic won't really matter to me because I'm only into mexican and fillipino girls with some white bitches here and there and most of them are Christian. Doesn't matter to me what kind of religion you're into, but it can't be some weird ass Scientology crap like that. But I'd fuck any bitch regardless of their race.

Elevz

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2007, 02:33:02 AM »
But I'd fuck any bitch regardless of their race.

I mean, yeah, why be selective?

j/p lol

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2007, 03:28:11 PM »
^ What about you??

Lol.

Well my moms and stepdad didn't get together till I was around 9 or 10 so I'm a catholic. But this topic won't really matter to me because I'm only into mexican and fillipino girls with some white bitches here and there and most of them are Christian. Doesn't matter to me what kind of religion you're into, but it can't be some weird ass Scientology crap like that. But I'd fuck any bitch regardless of their race.

I hear you.