Author Topic: UGK Has The #1 Album In The Country!!  (Read 2671 times)

Narrator

Re: UGK Has The #1 Album In The Country!!
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2007, 06:08:47 PM »
true...but they track sales, right? like right now he's at 901,000 or w.e SOLD or shipped?

901,000 sold.  That's what Soundscan tracks.  The RIAA tracks albums shipped, and issue certifications on that basis.  Paul Wall's first album went Plat even though it only sold about 700K because the label shipped 1 million copies.

Lunatic

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2007, 06:12:15 PM »
true...but they track sales, right? like right now he's at 901,000 or w.e SOLD or shipped?

901,000 sold.  That's what Soundscan tracks.  The RIAA tracks albums shipped, and issue certifications on that basis.  Paul Wall's first album went Plat even though it only sold about 700K because the label shipped 1 million copies.

oo ok, thanks man...i don't care about shipped, sold is what counts 2 me (fuck it sitting there on the shelf, and getting a plat. plaque)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Narrator

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2007, 06:23:59 PM »
^^^^ It happens a lot these days, and it's only likely to become more common now that record sales are down so much.

Lunatic

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2007, 06:24:37 PM »
^^^^ It happens a lot these days, and it's only likely to become more common now that record sales are down so much.

yea, i see where your coming from

Elano

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2007, 05:35:47 AM »
UGK On Topping The Charts: 'It Feels Good!' — For Now ... (mtv news)

For two weeks in a row, two legendary hip-hop acts have debuted at #1 on the Billboard albums chart for the first time in their careers. Last week no other LP sold more than Common's Finding Forever,and on Wednesday, UGK were officially given the news that their long-awaited LP, Underground Kingz, is the highest-seller in the land.

Both well-respected acts have about 15 years of experience under their belts, so does their new place atop the charts bode well for the rest of the game? "Absolutely," UGK's Bun B answered. "The music is still here. People are still here to support you if you make good music.

"It feels good," he added. "But I really don't know how you're supposed to feel right now. We want to thank all the fans and the supporters who wanted to see this happen really more than we did. It's really vindication for the fans, for the cats who were fighting for years telling anyone who would listen that UGK was the sh--. It's really vindication for them."

While Bun is enjoying the group's long-overdue, well-deserved moment at #1, the Port Arthur, Texas, native says he has no delusions of grandeur.

"It's only for one week," he laughed. "[The soundtrack for] 'High School Musical 2' came out yesterday, so it's a wrap. We only have today. But it feels good today."

Invincible

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2007, 03:09:59 PM »
This is the type of record that should be sitting on the top of the charts every week. Real Hip Hop. Not Yung Joc or Mimms, fuck that shit.

Lunatic

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 03:11:09 PM »
This is the type of record that should be sitting on the top of the charts every week. Real Hip Hop. Not Yung Joc or Mimms, fuck that shit.

well they did outsell Mims by a lot, and i got a feelin Joc gonna flop 8)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »
I dont think Mims ever got the #1 spot, he only sold bout 70-80k his first week

Invincible

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 03:20:13 PM »
I dont think Mims ever got the #1 spot, he only sold bout 70-80k his first week

Oh ok, i don't really check soundscan so my bad. Surprised he didn't though with that shocking club song he bought out.

Lunatic

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2007, 03:23:27 PM »
Yea, Mims flopped BIG TIME

Invincible

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2007, 03:30:51 PM »
Yea, Mims flopped BIG TIME

Thats what I like to hear.

Lunatic

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F

PsychoToons5150

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2007, 01:40:46 PM »
They have been putting out good music for a good time and its finally paying off. I bought the cd and only one track I skipped. in a time of shitty cds. they put out a good cd thats worth the money and the time spent listening to it