Author Topic: Wu-Tang Clan Cover The Beatles  (Read 459 times)

Elano

Wu-Tang Clan Cover The Beatles
« on: August 15, 2007, 02:39:10 AM »
The hip-hop group’s version of the song, which has been renamed, ‘Gently Weeps,’ also features former Beatle George Harrison’s son, Dhani Harrison.

"He's the biggest Wu-Tang fan in the world," explained Wu-Tang’s RZA in an interview with Rolling Stone. "He knew all the kung fu shit! That's deep! I told him I would be honoured if he played his father’s song."

Wu-Tang’s cover also includes Red Hot Chili Pepper’s guitarist, John Frusciante, who plays lead guitar while the collective rap over the top.

Fan’s will be able to hear the collaboration on the band’s new album, ‘8 Diagrams,’ which is released on November 13th.

StevenQBosell

Re: Wu-Tang Clan Cover The Beatles
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:08 AM »
That's cool they're working with that Chilli Pepper Dude... and had no idea Harrisons son was a Wu Tang fan... Wu has put thier tentacles in a lot of ecclectic places.. WU TANG FOREVER!

Paul

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:23:11 AM »
i dont think ill like tht song at all
funkyfreshintheflesh

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »
i know i'll like that song

Paul

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 11:48:04 AM »

i love wu tang clan and i listen to every song even if its not tht good but i cant see myself liking a song thts gay
funkyfreshintheflesh

Elano

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 11:52:06 AM »

i love wu tang clan and i listen to every song even if its not tht good but i cant see myself liking a song thts gay

why do you think it's gay ?
have you heard the song ?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 12:07:45 PM »
I thought the beatles didnt allow anyone to cover there tracks

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Paul

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »

why do you think it's gay ?
have you heard the song ?

well maybe thts a bit jumping the gun, the whole point is it doesnt interest me at all lol
funkyfreshintheflesh

devil_may_care

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 01:31:59 PM »
You're close minded if you think a song's 'gay' just because it covers a song of a different genre to hip hop.

Paul

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 02:14:59 PM »
You're close minded if you think a song's 'gay' just because it covers a song of a different genre to hip hop.

its not tht its a different genre of music, its the fact its a cover, i would have like to hear them sample it but a cover version= :(
funkyfreshintheflesh

everlast1986

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »
I think it sounds dope. I'd rather hear Wu Tang and George Harrisons son do a cover of the song then just Wu Tang sampling a version of the song i've heard a million times.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 04:59:55 PM by Beatz »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 07:37:47 PM »
I think it sounds dope as fuck, and I'm def looking forward to hearing it.  The guitar on that song is so eery.  I could see RZA really doing some dope shit w/ it.

Jakubs

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »
I'm looking forward to this song. 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' is one of my favorite Beatles songs, and have Frusciante playing the solo bit should sound amazing.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 03:05:26 PM »
i love haters hating on songs b4 they even come out and even heard them yet straight Hatin @ its finest... disgraceful homos.. go listen 2 lil wayne this is grown mans hip hop ... WU-TANG FOREVER

Al Bundy

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 03:06:43 PM »
i love haters hating on songs b4 they even come out and even heard them yet straight Hatin @ its finest... disgraceful homos.. go listen 2 lil wayne this is grown mans hip hop ... WU-TANG FOREVER

Now I get it, you think that if you listen to Lil Wayne you don't know shit about hip-hop? You're as ignorant as a heavy metal dude who dismisses rap.