Author Topic: talked to a soldier in iraq  (Read 222 times)

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
talked to a soldier in iraq
« on: August 08, 2007, 06:52:48 AM »
imma just paste what he had to say...i find it to be quite shocking how the gvt brainwashes ppl...
US-soldier:

sure i'll discuss iraq 4 u:) well ive been here for 8 months n wont leave til April 08. Im infantry so i see how things run 1st hand cus were the 1s doing the shooting, kikn doors down, n stuff like that.
Baghdad is a dangerous place but defenitely safer than b4. Proof of this can b seen as more families go out n shop instead of staying in cause of fear of sectarian violence. our presence has deterred the bad ppl n encouraged shops n schools 2 reopen 4. of course there r still bad ppl round, but even the public is giving the bad 1s away to us cus theyre tired of the needless violence. I for one, feel like im accomplishing great things as a soldier. though good bros in arms have paid the price, we need to stay firm n not give round 2 wat weve done here. i find it very ignorant of ppl when they bash the president n government for whats going on here. I dont really care 4 politics, but 4 any president, this war would bring upon lots of flak, so i think its being handled as best as it could b by any preident. anyways i find it funny that the 1s causing protests n hatin' on soldiers are ppl that have no clue cause theyre not out here and they let some1 else make theyre opinion w out 1st researching.
and as far as how i became a soldier...um i volunteered straight after Highschool. training was long n sucked at times. jumping outta airplanes is scary as hell, but also fun. Overall I love what i do n my parents r proud that im doing this, which is all that really matters most 2me.
I dont mind any questions u may ask cus i got nothing 2 hide. afterall how u worded ur questions was not a usual nosy insight question like some do it. so i was pleased to let u know.
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
Re: talked to a soldier in iraq
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:05:43 AM »
[...] sure no problem. casualties? mmm what for?<:] im sure the news does more than enough reportying on that. well i dont wanna get touchy cus like i said, i appreciate ur concern. I dont know bout other units, but as for mine, in 8 months its been two and a few injured. we train hard n fight hard. you can attribute the low casualty #s cus were close knit brothers in arms who fight 4 eachother. sorry if i gave out a bad impression on my response. as far as how ppl get hurt here, its usually road bombs which are hard 2 detect. [...]
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

swangin and bangin

Re: talked to a soldier in iraq
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 01:12:23 AM »
yup

people here like me and others can say the war is wrong and shit but there is also good to it. like the kids and schools and stuff. some news people say the war is a good move and others say it is a bad move but wtf can we do? complain?

for me personally, i got a couple of friends whos family members passed in the war. i support the troops but i dont think they need to be there.
i dont really care about the government and the politics and shit so its whatever.