Author Topic: We Have Another White Rapper by Way of Timbaland.  (Read 204 times)

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
We Have Another White Rapper by Way of Timbaland.
« on: July 31, 2001, 03:57:41 PM »
White Rapper Makes "Ugly" Debut on Timbaland's Beat Club Label
Uber-producer Timbaland has found the first artist for his new Interscope-distributed record label, Beat Club, and it's gonna get ugly.

With his new single "Ugly" blowing up the Dirty South, Georgia rapper Bubba Sparks is riding high on a red-hot buzz that echoes the early buzz on another white rapper, a certain Grammy Award-winner and labelmate of Sparks. Even the story of Bubba's discovery echoes Eminem's big break: West Coast Major Label President discovers talented white rapper, brings him to the attention of Major Rap Producer, and the match is made in Heaven.

Specifically, after Gerardo Mejia, formerly Mr. Rico Suave and now an A & R at Interscope, brought Bubba to the label, Interscope president Jimmy Iovine delivered him to Timbaland. "He played the stuff for Tim and Tim just bugged out," Sparks told Vibe Online. "I was on a plane the next day."

Looking to leave behind negative influences, the LaGrange, GA native originally graduated high school and moved to Athens- home of legendary alternative bands like REM and B-52s- in pursuit of his dream of making records. "Even within the alternative [and] rock realm, Athens is just known for musical diversity, and I think this is just another sprinkling of that," Bubba explained. "There's a huge bubbling hip-hop scene out here, seriously."

Now, the video for Bubba Sparks' debut single "Ugly", shot in Athens and featuring Timbaland, Missy, Bizarre of D12, Rico Wade of Organized Noize and DJ Greg Street of V103 FM, is set to drop in August, following the single's nationwide release in late July.

"I wanted to present images in front of the camera that people had never seen before in association with a rap music video," said Sparks.

Timbaland will handle the majority of the production duties for the album, which is slated for release in late September, with additional production by Organized Noize, Geo, Khalifani, and Shannon Houchins of 11th hour Entertainment.

Compiled by 'EL Juba
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: We Have Another White Rapper by Way of Timbala
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2001, 03:58:58 PM »
hmmmmm..........could he be the second coming of more white rappers to come????

LOL its all good...as long as he has skillz i dont care what color they are...
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2001, 04:11:00 PM »
another marketing scheme...

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2001, 04:34:16 PM »
i picture timbo...seeing his chance to try to surpass Dre.............or trying his best to do what dre did.....

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2001, 05:06:31 PM »
i'll look foward to this.. it dont matter to me if hes white or not... if hes got skills and sounds tight.. then its all good

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2001, 06:09:07 PM »
It happend with every other music genre if not it's already happening:whites take over everything LOL i mean look at rock! but hey as long as there's talent it's cool...wcv: quit hatin for real man i got nothin against you but shit eminem is talented...peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2001, 08:15:36 PM »
Thats great. I hope more people of different races get big in rap. This music is for everyone, not just black people. Everyone deserves a chance to shine no matter what the heck they are.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2001, 09:07:00 AM »
White, blacc, yellow, brown...Who gives a fucc?

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2001, 11:49:42 AM »
Hey have yall seen tha new Dream video featurin puffy and tha new white boy KANE.
He's rhymes are aight but he looks real nervous and shit.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2001, 12:29:40 PM »
yeah puffy has a white boy too......its all good...u know...once they saw dre do it..everybody else..started lookin for the next great white hope....

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2001, 12:20:52 AM »
that white boy in the dream video looks homoed out on the real

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2001, 02:52:23 AM »
Nah black people will always rule rap. It is there thing. The invented it and always have and always will be the best at it. I mean some white guy could be better at it some period of time but there will always be a black rapper that you can remember who would whip his ass lyrically any day.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2001, 03:32:47 AM »
I wish him luck.  YOu know, every MC that's white should find Vanilla Ice and whoop his ass.  He was talking about how he opened doors for white MC's.  Bullshit.  He's the reason why everyone looks at white MC's sideways and makes them have to work harder to get recognition.  Before him, guys like the Beastie Boys and 3rd Bass were doing their thing and everyone was fine with it.  Vanilla Ice came onto the scene and screwed things up with his wannabe MC Hammer approach.  I'm glad Em stepped onto the scene.  Now, let's see these MC's that are coming in because Em opened doors and see what they got.