Author Topic: Yung Joc Returns With Highly Anticipated 2nd Album "Hustlemonics"  (Read 106 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Block Entertainment/Bad Boy South recording artist Yung Joc is set to drop his eagerly awaited second album, "Hustlemonics." The Grammy Award-nominated rapper's sophomore collection - which features the current hit single, "Coffee Shop (Feat. Gorilla Zoe)" - arrives in stores and online nationwide on Tuesday, August 28th.

Following up on the blockbuster success of last year's RIAA platinum-certified debut album, "New Joc City," "Hustlemonics" confirms Joc's status as one of today's most ingenious and accomplished hip-hop artists. The album sees the 24-year-old MC collaborating with a who's-who of studio stars, including the Neptunes, Chris Flash, Cool & Dre, Jazze Pha, Kevin "Khao" Cates, Drumma Boy, Dee Jay Dana, and others. Along with the aforementioned Boyz N Da Hood member Gorilla Zoe, Joc is also joined by a series of special guests, including Russell "Block" Spencer, Diddy, The Game, Snoop Dogg, Trick Daddy, Bun B, Rick Ross, Jim Jones, Young Dro, and Pharrell.

"This album shows growth and maturity," says Joc. "I'm just expressing myself with different types of songs and different types of flows. A lot of cats think once you get on you get to make money, do shows, go to all the parties, and all this. There's a lot more to it than that."

"Coffee Shop (Feat. Gorilla Zoe)" is already shaping up as one of the season's biggest hip-hop hits. The track has bulleted into the top 30 at Urban radio outlets and into the top 20 on the Rap charts, while also scoring major airplay at Rhythmic-formatted stations.

The song's companion video - directed by Lenny Bass (Boyz N Da Hood, Field Mob, Nappy Roots) - is in the Top Ten on BET's 106 & Park countdown following its recent network debut via a special installment of Access Granted. The clip is also now in rotation at MTV2. In addition, the "Coffee Shop" ringtone is quickly making its way towards the top 40 on Nielsen Ringscan's "Top 200 Mastertones" chart.

In addition to its CD and digital release, "Hustlemonics" will mark Bad Boy Records' first-ever release in the new MVI format. An MVI is a DVD that contains the full album, portable music files, video content, and interactive features. The PC/MAC-compatible package will include a bonus CD, a never-before-seen video interview with Joc, exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, a making-the-video special for "Coffee Shop," digital extras (such as screen savers, buddy icons, and wallpapers), U-Myx and UrTone (which allow fans to create their own custom remix and ringtone of "Coffee Shop"), plus much more.

Yung Joc will herald the release of "Hustlemonics" with a full-scale summer tour, joining the all-star bill for BET and Scream Star Entertainment's "Screamfest '07." The eagerly anticipated trek - which also features such superstars as T.I., Ciara, and T-Pain.
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Lunatic

Re: Yung Joc Returns With Highly Anticipated 2nd Album "Hustlemonics"
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:31:11 AM »
oo i just can't wait ::)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Invincible

Re: Yung Joc Returns With Highly Anticipated 2nd Album "Hustlemonics"
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:50:34 AM »
Yer i've been eagerly awaiting this  ::). Joc is one of the reason Hip Hop is losing it. But like my name says i still think its alive but if asnymore artists like him come along it will gradually die. More Wu Tang, Common, Monch, Talib, Redman etc.