Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly on Nas  (Read 1092 times)

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Bill O'Reilly on Nas
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 05:47:24 PM »
LOL @ bill oreilly comparing nas and stephen king. what an idiot.

Al Bundy

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 05:54:36 PM »
always hated that blubbering vagina. bill o reilly can eat a big fat donkey dick.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 05:56:11 PM »
cant even say his name right..

Neither can his guests, one of whom is supposedly an expert on hip hop.

But yeah, O'Reilly just pushes shit too far. And the only reason he does that is because it draws ratings.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:59:56 PM by Low Key »

TRG

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 06:05:08 PM »
lol such a fuckin tool

sayin he can find 15 other songs than make a reference to guns or voilence, what about the 50 other songs where nas speaks about healing, peace and doing things for the children etc

bill o'rielly will never understand hip hop, or even bother to try n understand it

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 06:13:51 PM »
I don't understand how people like Jill O'Reilly and many others can wake up in the mirror and look at themselves and not be disgusted.  Oh the pride they possess.  Their target viewers are older, retired white folks who soak up everything they hear from the channel like a sponge and, unfortunately it works somewhat.  Thankfully, their ratings are on the decline  8)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 06:57:27 PM »

He wasn't comparing the two. He was just saying that he wouldn't even have a fiction author that writes sick violence for fun at a place like this at this time.

You guys should be thanking O'Reilly. I'm upset because this may start giving Nas a lot of publicity and the less I hear from him the better.

You cannot however deny that while he was far from the worst at it he latched on to the street persona and lifestyle for his whole career. He more often than not uses the streets and street violence to push his image among rap fans. Just because he has a few more popular songs that preach positive messages and his street songs aren't bad as Mobb Deep's or Eazy E's doesn't change the fact that many of Nas's songs are of negative street influence.

That being said, I would never be offended by his appearance. I wouldn't dream of watching it, but that's because I think it would suck. I may want to see how good Dave Mathews Band is live. I've heard great things, and I might stick my head in to see John Mayer if he's playing Blues style. I guess the bottom line is that no one is being forced to watch this.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 07:00:54 PM »
Just because he has a few more popular songs that preach positive messages and his street songs aren't bad as Mobb Deep's or Eazy E's doesn't change the fact that many of Nas's songs are of negative street influence.

Honestly though, that's like the whole rap community.

Narrator

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »
There's already a hit out on his cracker ass.  And I'm gon get that money and rid the world of the devil simultaneously.

Buck the devil, '05, '06, '07, whatever whenever, all day everyday.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 09:06:05 PM »
Just because he has a few more popular songs that preach positive messages and his street songs aren't bad as Mobb Deep's or Eazy E's doesn't change the fact that many of Nas's songs are of negative street influence.

Honestly though, that's like the whole rap community.

How does that change anything? Because everyone is like that and Nas isn't as bad as most it's okay for him to be at a school after a shooting.

To be fair I think Nas would be very respectful when he's up there. I Can and If I Ruled The World will probably show up rather than Get Yourself a Gun. Though I do wonder how O'Reilly would have handled it if Nas was a pro-constitution patriot sing Get Yourself a Gun as a statement that if more people were armed then the shooting wouldn't have happened.

What I am trying to say that although O'Reilly is an idiot a lot of the time and may be a hypocrite he isn't wrong with saying Nas is a gangster rapper. He more than glorifies his street upbringing. He's not like K-OS from Canada or Will Smith. He likes the thug image and used it a lot through out his career and not just to appease the white devils that push that style. He used it to appease the street.

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Nas's publicist brought the complaint made by a few students just to get Nas in the media again.

Narrator

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 09:49:38 PM »
^^^^^ Shut the fuck up now, or risk dying the horrible death that awaits all Protestant crackers.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 09:56:29 PM »
This guy is straight up ignorant and I can accept alot of bullshit, but when it comes to Hip Hop, I start to catch feelings. That's why usually I ignore this shit, but for him to go at Nas like that, nah.

I understand you're passionate, but you got to realize this is an old nerdy white dude sayin this shit about rap

you should never expect a guy like Bill O'Reilly to understand things of this generation made for younger people, especially when it comes to hip hop

Well he did pick the right Nas song to critic i guess...

With that said i agree with what i quoted here.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 10:39:18 PM »
How can O'Reilly say that he even bothered to research Nas or listen to his music enough to make an argument against him if he can't even pronunce his name right?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 10:59:42 PM »

He wasn't comparing the two. He was just saying that he wouldn't even have a fiction author that writes sick violence for fun at a place like this at this time.

You guys should be thanking O'Reilly. I'm upset because this may start giving Nas a lot of publicity and the less I hear from him the better.

You cannot however deny that while he was far from the worst at it he latched on to the street persona and lifestyle for his whole career. He more often than not uses the streets and street violence to push his image among rap fans. Just because he has a few more popular songs that preach positive messages and his street songs aren't bad as Mobb Deep's or Eazy E's doesn't change the fact that many of Nas's songs are of negative street influence.

That being said, I would never be offended by his appearance. I wouldn't dream of watching it, but that's because I think it would suck. I may want to see how good Dave Mathews Band is live. I've heard great things, and I might stick my head in to see John Mayer if he's playing Blues style. I guess the bottom line is that no one is being forced to watch this.

Is that you Shallow?

wcsoldier

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 11:15:13 PM »
Who cares about Fox News and Bil O'Reilly .... the best way to answer this guy is to ignore him ...

me>you

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 11:19:53 PM »
they need to get me on there as a guest
i woulda put that bitch ass muthafucka in his place.

Nas is a great artist and performer and he would make a perfectly good to be a performer at VT, i just hope that nigga dont sing that song with "kill, kill, kill, and murder, murder, murder"
lol