Author Topic: Soulja Boy - Crank That (Soulja Boy)  (Read 723 times)

GangstaBoogy

Soulja Boy - Crank That (Soulja Boy)
« on: August 16, 2007, 06:20:31 PM »
Ahhh man just when I thought rap couldn't get any worse...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vum3qgoh0x4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vum3qgoh0x4</a>

Can anybody understand what the fuck he's saying?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Lunatic

Re: Soulja Boy - Crank That (Soulja Boy)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 06:43:40 PM »
 :camp:
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 07:02:20 PM »
Just got my report card,
Looked at it, all F's
Took it to the teacher's desk
Throw some D's on that bitch!

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:50:52 PM »
Man....this song damn near makes me want to stop DJing before I even start.

This song is the biggest song of the summer, BY FAR, in the south. I was DJing a party a month ago...and I was playing whatev I was playing, and this girl comes up to me like "ey....when you gon turn it up??" and I'm like what u mean? She said "when you gonna play somethin live?" and I'm like everybody else is feelin this, what you talkin about? She said "You need to play that Soulja Boy!!" and I'm like man......whatev...so I played it, and everybody went wild. An hour later, I was playing PSA from Jay.....and this same exact girl came up to me mad, talkin about "why the fuck are you playin this wack shit??? People are startin to leave because you playin this shit!!!" and she was dead serious.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 08:52:02 PM »
^god damn
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 09:51:44 PM »

This song is the biggest song of the summer, BY FAR, in the south. I was DJing a party a month ago...and I was playing whatev I was playing, and this girl comes up to me like "ey....when you gon turn it up??" and I'm like what u mean? She said "when you gonna play somethin live?" and I'm like everybody else is feelin this, what you talkin about? She said "You need to play that Soulja Boy!!" and I'm like man......whatev...so I played it, and everybody went wild. An hour later, I was playing PSA from Jay.....and this same exact girl came up to me mad, talkin about "why the fuck are you playin this wack shit??? People are startin to leave because you playin this shit!!!" and she was dead serious.

I know kids today are fucked in teh head lol i was talking to this 16 year old chick today im telling her about OUtkast, big, Pac and shes like all that shit is wack....

I heard this sng for the first time today , i make beats and this beat is so simple . If i did this beat i would probably think i cant put this out it sucks....

fuck hip hop.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 11:24:34 PM »

I know kids today are fucked in teh head lol i was talking to this 16 year old chick today im telling her about OUtkast, big, Pac and shes like all that shit is wack....

I heard this sng for the first time today , i make beats and this beat is so simple . If i did this beat i would probably think i cant put this out it sucks....

fuck hip hop.

Yeah it really does get worst....and it's all because of radio. Growin up in L.A., I remember hearin radio rotations on a daily basis going like this....in 94, you could hear Snoop, Ice Cube, Slick Rick, 2Pac, Outkast, Run DMC, George Clinton, and Roger Troutman...all in the same hour, which could be any hour of the day. They'd play the hottest shit out...then play something old school, just so everything was exposed. Now, it's kids who don't realize that 90% of rap is sampled because they never heard the original version....and then they'll diss the original song, whether it was 80's rap or 70's soul, and say it's boring or sounds old...but then love the song that samples it.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 12:10:55 AM »

That's fucked :o

Just got my report card,
Looked at it, all F's
Took it to the teacher's desk
Throw some D's on that bitch!

Lol, that's funny though.. :D

Hmm, the song... sucks... And wtf is that dance ?=

kemizt

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 04:04:46 AM »
I went by a 18+ club in L.A.....and yes, the virus has infected L.A.'s youth as well. The whole crowd was doing the dance and singin along.....

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 08:11:55 AM »

fuck hip hop.

Yeah it really does get worst....and it's all because of radio. Growin up in L.A., I remember hearin radio rotations on a daily basis going like this....in 94, you could hear Snoop, Ice Cube, Slick Rick, 2Pac, Outkast, Run DMC, George Clinton, and Roger Troutman...all in the same hour, which could be any hour of the day. They'd play the hottest shit out...then play something old school, just so everything was exposed. Now, it's kids who don't realize that 90% of rap is sampled because they never heard the original version....and then they'll diss the original song, whether it was 80's rap or 70's soul, and say it's boring or sounds old...but then love the song that samples it.

Hell yeah! I've been tryin' to download every old school soul/funk I see, just so I can hear the original track before it's sampled and alotta times when I recognize the song being sampled, I'm like 'damn the original song is the shit', an people like those pretty boy floyds like a Soulja Boy, they be like, 'ew that shit's old and wack'.

THEY SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME, WHATCHU MEAN IT'S WACK???

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 08:17:31 AM »
Same shit here in NY, the Southern records get much more love than anything else. The last time I remember a NY-based joint getting serious attention was "We Fly High". That Soulja Boy song is getting crazy spins, even though it's tired as hell.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
"Crank Dat Forrest Gump" is better and funnier.  (youtube it)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 01:15:10 PM »
When i was a kid Snoop was breaking out, i wonder if older cats that were into Run dmc and grand master and all that scene were saying the same thing we are bout these young cats..... u know.
Im not defending it you saw my post before im just saying.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 01:42:28 PM »
When i was a kid Snoop was breaking out, i wonder if older cats that were into Run dmc and grand master and all that scene were saying the same thing we are bout these young cats..... u know.
Im not defending it you saw my post before im just saying.

People always do bring those kinds of things up, and wonder how the older generations saw us.

From what I see...it was a whole lot different. Most of the 80's legends, and fans who grew up on 80's rap, only hated the early 90's rap and gangsta rap in particular because of it's content. Most of them would never say it was wack because the music was wack, because the music was much more developed in the 90's...and they couldn't call many of the top rappers wack, because they were great technically...but just had more negative content. However...you saw a LOT of collaborations between 80s and 90s rappers, regardless of coasts or styles of music...and even rappers who beefed in the early 90's ended up linking up later on in the decade.

Nowadays...older cats still respect the new cats who are good rappers and put out dope music. Even with heads like 50 and Lil Wayne, you'll find a few older cats who like their music. People like Lupe and Murs get love from every generation. However, most of the commercial rappers, with a bulk of them coming from the south right now, don't get anywhere near that same respect. You'll rarely hear older cats giving it up to Jeezy, Boosie, Soulja Boy, Jim Jones, Yung Joc, and many of those rappers who make strictly commercial music or thug music that has no serious content, and who aren't really good as rappers.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 03:29:24 PM »
I went by a 18+ club in L.A.....and yes, the virus has infected L.A.'s youth as well. The whole crowd was doing the dance and singin along.....

:'( that hurts to know
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"