Author Topic: Soulja Boy - Crank That (Soulja Boy)  (Read 712 times)

LiLDuVall tHe CaLi-Vanian

• 'G'
Re: Soulja Boy - Crank That (Soulja Boy)
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 10:23:22 PM »
what do u expect from a 16 year old kid whose idols are probably young joc, d4l, dem franchise boyz, shop boyz this is his golden era of hip hop hahaha but i give the lil dude props for gettin a deal of the internet..makes me wanna start rappin all you need is a decent beat, a repeating hook and a dance and you gotta hit record

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 11:35:37 PM »
what do u expect from a 16 year old kid whose idols are probably young joc, d4l, dem franchise boyz, shop boyz this is his golden era of hip hop hahaha but i give the lil dude props for gettin a deal of the internet..makes me wanna start rappin all you need is a decent beat, a repeating hook and a dance and you gotta hit record

got his deal form the net?

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 01:28:26 AM »
Looks like he's a big fan of "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted" LP.
Dissing this guy or his product is as cowardice as hitting a man in a wheelchair(no homo).

What's with all these gay ass dances nowadays? Why aren't muthafuckas jookin like they used to in '93. Watch and take notes.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gE1lXGnliE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9gE1lXGnliE</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 03:46:26 AM »
Looks like he's a big fan of "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted" LP.
Dissing this guy or his product is as cowardice as hitting a man in a wheelchair(no homo).

What's with all these gay ass dances nowadays? Why aren't muthafuckas jookin like they used to in '93. Watch and take notes.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gE1lXGnliE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9gE1lXGnliE</a>

Speaking of wheelchairs.....

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 06:24:10 AM »
LMAO, this Soulja Boy character reminds me of that one kid that went to American Idol and was hilarious singing that "baby i got your money don't u worry.." that kept sayin "CAN YOU DIG IT??!!" LMAO. kind of looks like him.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 08:04:19 AM »
^ LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! That nigga was the best though!! :laugh:

LiLDuVall tHe CaLi-Vanian

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 08:25:20 AM »

got his deal form the net?

yea the ying yang twins producer found him on myspace shit is crazy if that dude could get a deal anyone can

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 06:20:08 AM »

lol looks like you were right...

Shoutout to Lil Boosie dat whole cd bumpin!

I didn't know he got his deal off the net tho. Thats coo.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

SGV

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 09:06:53 AM »
The Dance Tracks today are no different than lets say "Da Dip," "Tootise Roll" or "The Train" back in the early to mid 90s. That's just an easy way of getting exposure. But it's like someone else said earlier, old school cats were hating on the shit that "we" loved back in day. They didn't want to hear some lanky 18 year old cat talk about gang banging. Guess what they wanted to do? Have a damn good time. You have to remember that Hip Hop in the 80s was fun. People were dancing and it was the norm. It wasn't until it got serious in the 90s that people stopped dancing. So, this new generation of Hip Hop is more throw back and reminiscent of the 80s, in the fact that it's all about having fun. Dancing... whatever. Soulja Boy is 16, which means he was way too young for Snoop, Dre, Cube, hell even Outkast in their heyday. By the time he was at least 6 or 7, Pac, Biggie and Pun had already died. Cash Money had just become the biggest craze. So his influence probably started then. Can't blame him for emulating what he came up on. It's only natural.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 09:18:38 AM »
Man....this song damn near makes me want to stop DJing before I even start.

This song is the biggest song of the summer, BY FAR, in the south. I was DJing a party a month ago...and I was playing whatev I was playing, and this girl comes up to me like "ey....when you gon turn it up??" and I'm like what u mean? She said "when you gonna play somethin live?" and I'm like everybody else is feelin this, what you talkin about? She said "You need to play that Soulja Boy!!" and I'm like man......whatev...so I played it, and everybody went wild. An hour later, I was playing PSA from Jay.....and this same exact girl came up to me mad, talkin about "why the fuck are you playin this wack shit??? People are startin to leave because you playin this shit!!!" and she was dead serious.

I know kids today are fucked in teh head lol i was talking to this 16 year old chick today im telling her about OUtkast, big, Pac and shes like all that shit is wack....

I heard this sng for the first time today , i make beats and this beat is so simple . If i did this beat i would probably think i cant put this out it sucks....

fuck hip hop.

Yeah it really does get worst....and it's all because of radio. Growin up in L.A., I remember hearin radio rotations on a daily basis going like this....in 94, you could hear Snoop, Ice Cube, Slick Rick, 2Pac, Outkast, Run DMC, George Clinton, and Roger Troutman...all in the same hour, which could be any hour of the day. They'd play the hottest shit out...then play something old school, just so everything was exposed. Now, it's kids who don't realize that 90% of rap is sampled because they never heard the original version....and then they'll diss the original song, whether it was 80's rap or 70's soul, and say it's boring or sounds old...but then love the song that samples it.

its not 94' its almost 2008 (14 years later).  and actually i know lyrically tha song is shit and tha song is retarted but its actually kinda funny and catchy.  thas wats wrong wit da generation x hiphop heads, they cant let tha fact go that niggas is tryna make money (commercially), like tha pimp said Quit Hatin' Tha South.  if u like hyphy then I have no clue why ya'll dont fuck wit this shit.  i grew up on DeathRow/Ruthless/Biggie/Wu and every "real" hip hop artist u can think of but after a while being reminded about tha struggle and all that "positive uplifting" music gets boring (and i have 2 admit vice versa) but if hip hop has no dance then we loose a valuable part of tha culture, remember that next time u critisize tha music.

Production is better (not all) but its better than alot of tha shit back then, song structure is better (more 2 tha point of tha song).

[Intro: Pimp C]
Uh! It's really goin down in the South bitch!
Yeah nigga! We know hip-hop and rap and all that shit started in the
muthafuckin East

Knalmsayin? Then it went to the West coast and they did it a little bit better
Knalmsayin? But now it's our time to shine down here NIGGA!
Knalmsayin? So since y'all niggaz keep sayin we ain't real hip-hop down here
We don't wanna be down with you bitch ass niggaz!
So y'all stay up there with that BULLshit!
This country rap tunes down here nigga!
Young Pimp! Young Bun! Underground Kingz!
All the O.G.'s that's recognizing the real, I got love for y'all
But all you bitch ass niggaz talkin down in ya records, you can eat a DICK!
Hold up!

[Bun B]
Well it's been a long time my nigga, I shouldn't have left you (I shouldn't have left)
When I some real trill shit to go left to
Gotta lot of respect fool (yeah), for the ones before me
But when my time came they act like they ain't know me
I've been down with rap music since Cold Crush and Melle (Melle)
Before MTV put Run-D.M.C. on the tele (tele)
Back when Whodini tried to tell ya about ya friends
Nigga I was giving rap all my time and my ends
Bought damn near every record the muthafucka dropped
West coast gangsta music, East coast hip-hop
Now it's our time to shine and the tables is turned
Them muthafuckas aggravated 'cause we gettin some burn
"There's no room for everybody, just a few niggaz is swole" (why is that?)
Proabably 'cause they favorite rappers ain't in control
But just let go of the past 'cause it's hurtin your hands
And pass it over to the next generation of fans
And quit hatin the South

« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:21:52 AM by arthurnelson88 »
I only fuck with 10's

SGV

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 09:41:46 AM »
How dare people talk shit about the South's lyrics but they big up early to mid 90s West Coast music. The East clowned us for the same thing then and all we did was cry about it. Now we're on the same tip? Funnystyle shit if you ask me. South Central Cartel was no more lyrical than Dem Franchise Boys. Rappin' 4-Tay was no more lyrical than Yung Joc etc. etc.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 12:51:05 PM »
You make a point but i mean the beats were so smooth, so funky and so catchy.

These beats now like solja boy its drums and 3 notes on a bell not evry creative at all.

SGV

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 12:54:54 PM »
Most of the West Coast shit was sampled heavily. Hell, most of it wasn't even chopped up creatively.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 01:42:12 PM »
Man....this song damn near makes me want to stop DJing before I even start.

This song is the biggest song of the summer, BY FAR, in the south. I was DJing a party a month ago...and I was playing whatev I was playing, and this girl comes up to me like "ey....when you gon turn it up??" and I'm like what u mean? She said "when you gonna play somethin live?" and I'm like everybody else is feelin this, what you talkin about? She said "You need to play that Soulja Boy!!" and I'm like man......whatev...so I played it, and everybody went wild. An hour later, I was playing PSA from Jay.....and this same exact girl came up to me mad, talkin about "why the fuck are you playin this wack shit??? People are startin to leave because you playin this shit!!!" and she was dead serious.

I know kids today are fucked in teh head lol i was talking to this 16 year old chick today im telling her about OUtkast, big, Pac and shes like all that shit is wack....

I heard this sng for the first time today , i make beats and this beat is so simple . If i did this beat i would probably think i cant put this out it sucks....

fuck hip hop.

Yeah it really does get worst....and it's all because of radio. Growin up in L.A., I remember hearin radio rotations on a daily basis going like this....in 94, you could hear Snoop, Ice Cube, Slick Rick, 2Pac, Outkast, Run DMC, George Clinton, and Roger Troutman...all in the same hour, which could be any hour of the day. They'd play the hottest shit out...then play something old school, just so everything was exposed. Now, it's kids who don't realize that 90% of rap is sampled because they never heard the original version....and then they'll diss the original song, whether it was 80's rap or 70's soul, and say it's boring or sounds old...but then love the song that samples it.

its not 94' its almost 2008 (14 years later).  and actually i know lyrically tha song is shit and tha song is retarted but its actually kinda funny and catchy.  thas wats wrong wit da generation x hiphop heads, they cant let tha fact go that niggas is tryna make money (commercially), like tha pimp said Quit Hatin' Tha South.  if u like hyphy then I have no clue why ya'll dont fuck wit this shit.  i grew up on DeathRow/Ruthless/Biggie/Wu and every "real" hip hop artist u can think of but after a while being reminded about tha struggle and all that "positive uplifting" music gets boring (and i have 2 admit vice versa) but if hip hop has no dance then we loose a valuable part of tha culture, remember that next time u critisize tha music.

Production is better (not all) but its better than alot of tha shit back then, song structure is better (more 2 tha point of tha song).

[Intro: Pimp C]
Uh! It's really goin down in the South bitch!
Yeah nigga! We know hip-hop and rap and all that shit started in the
muthafuckin East

Knalmsayin? Then it went to the West coast and they did it a little bit better
Knalmsayin? But now it's our time to shine down here NIGGA!
Knalmsayin? So since y'all niggaz keep sayin we ain't real hip-hop down here
We don't wanna be down with you bitch ass niggaz!
So y'all stay up there with that BULLshit!
This country rap tunes down here nigga!
Young Pimp! Young Bun! Underground Kingz!
All the O.G.'s that's recognizing the real, I got love for y'all
But all you bitch ass niggaz talkin down in ya records, you can eat a DICK!
Hold up!

[Bun B]
Well it's been a long time my nigga, I shouldn't have left you (I shouldn't have left)
When I some real trill shit to go left to
Gotta lot of respect fool (yeah), for the ones before me
But when my time came they act like they ain't know me
I've been down with rap music since Cold Crush and Melle (Melle)
Before MTV put Run-D.M.C. on the tele (tele)
Back when Whodini tried to tell ya about ya friends
Nigga I was giving rap all my time and my ends
Bought damn near every record the muthafucka dropped
West coast gangsta music, East coast hip-hop
Now it's our time to shine and the tables is turned
Them muthafuckas aggravated 'cause we gettin some burn
"There's no room for everybody, just a few niggaz is swole" (why is that?)
Proabably 'cause they favorite rappers ain't in control
But just let go of the past 'cause it's hurtin your hands
And pass it over to the next generation of fans
And quit hatin the South

LOL...you definitely don't get what I was saying.

I mentioned 94, only in response to what dude was asking about how the older generations felt about music. I DJ for house parties and things in the south...so it's no way that you can say that I "hate on" the south. They have the hottest club music by far, possibly in rap history. I could care less about the lyrics in a club song for the most part, unless they are something beyond trash, or unless I just can't agree with them at all...such as doin crack, doin anything homo, etc. etc.

The problem I have with Soulja Boy is that nothing abouti t is good to me. With "It's going down" "Lean wit it" "Whisper song" and some of the last few hits from the south...it's like yeah the lyrics are whatever...but he has a dope or catchy flow, the beat goes hard, it has energy, the hook is dope, etc. etc......but Soulja Boy has nothing to me but a dance and a catchy hook...and that's all he needed to make a major hit song. So no, I'm never "hating"...but it's just one of the few songs that I don't honor at all.

So overall....I don't even think the West cares much about the fact that the south's lyrics aren't "dope" or whatever. Some of us just have a problem with rappers that have NOTHING standout about them. If you don't have dope lyrics, then please come with a dope flow, personality, delivery, or whatever else. I think the South has some of the dopest rappers in the game...and on an overall scale, I'd say they have the best, because they have rappers who can make the best music period right now. At the same time, some of the rappers who come out of there and blow up are a LOT wacker than the average rapper in the south or anywhere else....and with that, it makes the up and coming rappers in the south feel as if they need NOTHING BUT a catchy hook and a dance to blow up, and they don't even try to get better. There is space for party and club music, just as there is for lyrical music.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:45:15 PM by R-Tistic »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2007, 01:49:27 PM »
How dare people talk shit about the South's lyrics but they big up early to mid 90s West Coast music. The East clowned us for the same thing then and all we did was cry about it. Now we're on the same tip? Funnystyle shit if you ask me. South Central Cartel was no more lyrical than Dem Franchise Boys. Rappin' 4-Tay was no more lyrical than Yung Joc etc. etc.

Well truth is, the West coast is ridin with the south a WHOLE LOT MORE than the East rode with us. Everytime you go to a party in L.A., you'll hear more down south music than anything else, and afterwards, damn near every car ridin by will be bumpin somethin from the south. The only people who "hate" are the lyrical heads, or the ones who are just bitter. I don't know many people out here who just don't like anything from the south. Some people here might not like their club music, but they'll like a few artists from there.

And as far as lyrics only...I think the rappers we had came with much better flows and deliveries to their average lyrics, while the south brings more personality and catchiness to their average lyrics...so it's not much different. However, for both of us, the main rappers who will be remembered in the future brought a mixture of everything from lyrics to personality to overall image. Most people outside the West can only name 1-2 4-Tay songs, if that....and in 10-15 years, Franchise Boys will only be known for their 1-2 major songs, if that.