Author Topic: Soulja Boy - Crank That (Soulja Boy)  (Read 728 times)

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Soulja Boy - Crank That (Soulja Boy)
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2007, 09:13:59 AM »
Man....this song damn near makes me want to stop DJing before I even start.

This song is the biggest song of the summer, BY FAR, in the south. I was DJing a party a month ago...and I was playing whatev I was playing, and this girl comes up to me like "ey....when you gon turn it up??" and I'm like what u mean? She said "when you gonna play somethin live?" and I'm like everybody else is feelin this, what you talkin about? She said "You need to play that Soulja Boy!!" and I'm like man......whatev...so I played it, and everybody went wild. An hour later, I was playing PSA from Jay.....and this same exact girl came up to me mad, talkin about "why the fuck are you playin this wack shit??? People are startin to leave because you playin this shit!!!" and she was dead serious.

HOLY FUCK LMAO

I was DJing a party (i live in florida) had California Love on......and girls were like wtf is this? play some good shit, throw on some Lip Gloss, and Souljah Boy....i got on the mic like stfu and kiss my ass.....but then i had to throw it on obviously =X omg I hate the way people don't even KNOW any music but this crunk shit and snap shit. Its like they didnt exist before the crunk scene happened...and now this Snap era is worse.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2007, 09:33:42 AM »
Man....this song damn near makes me want to stop DJing before I even start.

This song is the biggest song of the summer, BY FAR, in the south. I was DJing a party a month ago...and I was playing whatev I was playing, and this girl comes up to me like "ey....when you gon turn it up??" and I'm like what u mean? She said "when you gonna play somethin live?" and I'm like everybody else is feelin this, what you talkin about? She said "You need to play that Soulja Boy!!" and I'm like man......whatev...so I played it, and everybody went wild. An hour later, I was playing PSA from Jay.....and this same exact girl came up to me mad, talkin about "why the fuck are you playin this wack shit??? People are startin to leave because you playin this shit!!!" and she was dead serious.

HOLY FUCK LMAO

I was DJing a party (i live in florida) had California Love on......and girls were like wtf is this? play some good shit, throw on some Lip Gloss, and Souljah Boy....i got on the mic like stfu and kiss my ass.....but then i had to throw it on obviously =X omg I hate the way people don't even KNOW any music but this crunk shit and snap shit. Its like they didnt exist before the crunk scene happened...and now this Snap era is worse.

Yeah man, it really is gay as hell. It's bad, because for some people like me, especially older ones, it doesn't matter if it's from 1975, 95, or next week...if it's good, it's good. I have a few homegirls who are 22-23 like me, and they love the Soulja Boy madness and hate the older music that is dope. These kind of songs make me anticipate coming back to L.A. and being able to DJ for 25+ and 30+ parties, so I don't have to play the BS straight from off of the radio.

SGV

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2007, 09:51:33 AM »
Most cats at parties now a days only want to hear what's hot. It's always been that way. There's clubs in L.A. that you can't throw on old tracks. People who are barely 18 or 19 are too young to really remember the Death Row era. So how can you expect them to live a song they may not have heard? It's very possible, especially if they don't live in California. I'm positive that most of the people at these parties you're DJing wouldn't consider themselves Hip Hop Heads, just people who like music they can dance to.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2007, 01:51:38 PM »
Most cats at parties now a days only want to hear what's hot. It's always been that way. There's clubs in L.A. that you can't throw on old tracks. People who are barely 18 or 19 are too young to really remember the Death Row era. So how can you expect them to live a song they may not have heard? It's very possible, especially if they don't live in California. I'm positive that most of the people at these parties you're DJing wouldn't consider themselves Hip Hop Heads, just people who like music they can dance to.

It always depends on the crowd. From what I see, at least speakin for blacks, most of the younger ones are familiar with whatever songs were major in their region, even if they are before their time. I didn't ever hear any NWA or Eazy-E songs when they came out, but I still heard them growing up...so there are some 16-17 year olds who still know "Ain't no fun" when it comes on, even though they were like 3-4 years old. There are some old songs that are classics in the south that most people in L.A. either never heard, or never really saw as a major song, and they still get reaction. Also, there are some crowds that you can drop certain music on that is brand new, and they might not know what it is, but they'll dance to it and vibe to it if it sounds like something they're familiar with. I was playin "Candy" at parties back in August and Sept. of 06, way before Snoop's album had dropped or leaked, and most West Coast people were on it like "Damn, what song is that??? That's hot!"

As far as new tracks go, I just think there are some songs that will appeal to people as soon as they hear them...and some songs take a while to grow on people..or to brainwash them into liking it. When I was first droppin "Let it go" from Keyshia, people hadn't heard it so they couldn't sing along, but they'd vibe to it because it sounded dope..and when it got on radio for a while, they all reacted because they were familiar with it.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2007, 04:18:34 PM »
the biggest thing hiphop fans need 2 overcome is change, once we git that down then everybody can sit down and have a talk about it.  Money or underground fans who still bootleg ur shit ::)
I only fuck with 10's

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2007, 06:18:02 PM »

Im 17 man, i dont remember shit from deathrow era i was in pre-school. Ive been listening to rap since i was 9 back in 99. I only listen to good hip-hop
I dont listen to any south bullshit only a few i think are hot, beside outkast, scarface/geto boys, ect...Explain this

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2007, 07:10:26 PM »
is this soulja boy dude speaking english? what the fuck is goin on down south? played out keys on the beat, nothing on the beat in fact except those keys and bass, and on top of it this fool sounds like hes got downs syndrome and a mouth full of toothpaste.

pimp c says quit hatin the south. im hatin the south right now cus this is the wackest music ive heard in a long time.

OchoCinco

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2007, 02:15:39 AM »
hah not a real fan of this shit but some like walk it out n and this song i kinda found catchy when i first heard them.....bring on the hate haha

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2007, 07:48:25 AM »
Quote of the day "Jealousy makes money" - me
I only fuck with 10's

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2007, 11:14:32 AM »
whats there to be jealous of with this guy?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2007, 04:45:48 PM »