Author Topic: Liks Interview with Allhiphop.com  (Read 103 times)

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
Liks Interview with Allhiphop.com
« on: July 31, 2001, 08:24:31 PM »
To The Boogie: Tha Liks discuss their love of 40s, groupies and Lil’ Bow Wow's lyin' ass!

By C-Lee

With their fourth album imminently dropping, and their nationwide tour with Xzibit just coming to a close, Tha Liks are full force ahead with a new video, innumerable side projects and even some community service thrown in. Despite being the first group signed to Loud Records (a roster which includes Mobb Deep, Wu Tang and Big Pun) and their fellow Likwit crew member, Xzibit, currently blowing up like a Dr. Dre helium balloon, Tha Liks have managed to stay off many folks’ radar for their 10 plus year career. With their current release, X.O., which includes production credits by the Neptunes and guest appearances by Defari, Xzibit and Kurupt, they’re hoping to change all that.

Tha Liks have formally appended their previous incarnation as Tha Alkaholiks to appease various unnamed institutions that banned their videos or denied them performance space due to their controversial name. The left coast’s biggest party crew, however, has by no means sobered up (although they could barely slurp down a double-shot with me, come on guys you know I ain’t lyin’). More than just a frat boy’s godsend though, Tha Liks’ production (by E-Swift) has garnered a loyal following for their old-school breaks and obscure samples (is easy listening music and Lawrence Welk random enough for ya?). And Tash and J-Ro’s spirited juvenilia MCing has grown up just a tad without losing its gruff.

As I waited to knock heads with the madcap trio, their publicist described Tha Liks’ tardiness as a result of a "rough night" and upon their arrival Tash hobbled in on crutches while E-Swift and J-Ro giggled like school boys at a fart convention.

I heard you had a rough night, what went down?

TASH: I don’t know, I just woke up in the hospital.

Are you kidding?

TASH: I don’t know for shit. (vague mumbling)

So, you have a new album, a new name, have Tha Liks arrived?

TASH: Boy, I think the Liks were here a long time ago but we were Tha Alkaholiks, now we the official Liks, I think its our turn now you know what I’m sayin? We’ve paid a lot of dues in this business, we put a lot of hard work in this album.

You talk a lot of shit about getting liquored up. I heard that DMC used to put down about 12 40s a day and Dana Plato could put down a gallon of vodka everyday, what’s your-

E-SWIFT: I think our claim to fame was early in the game. I was doing St. Ides commercials and the big St. Ides truck used to pull up in front of my house. And the dude would come out in a St. Ides uniform and just wheel on a dolly like 10 cases of 40 ounces to our house. We used to drink the majority of them and then sell the rest for like a dollar each.

J-RO: We used to drink em hot though. We had just moved in this house. We didn’t have no refrigerator.

E-SWIFT: We was too worried about buying drum machines, you know what I’m saying? Fuck a refrigerator.

Speaking of warm alcohol, will you guys do a toast with me?

J-RO: Oh yeah! We’ll do a toast with you. You got some drinks?

(Pouring double shots of scotch into plastic cups).

E-SWIFT: That is NOT a shot, girl!

J-RO: You’re spilling that shit! You already drunk, woman?! (To himself) I’m scared of her, man.

TASH: (wiping spilled scotch from his forearm) I’m gonna smell like a straight lush.

It’s all good.

TASH: (holds up cup.) We just takin’ it to the neck, straight down?

J-RO: Here’s a toast to the boogie.

All: To the boogie!!

TASH: (Drinks.) Whaahh!! Hey! That’s my old mans right there. That’s like my uncle. He used to smell like that.

J-RO: Feel like a cowboy. I feel like I’m about to go have a duel with somebody.

Who would you most want to get bombed with?

J-RO: Stevie Wonder. I’d like to get fucked up with Stevie Wonder.

E-SWIFT: Let me think. Yeah, it’d have to be a female. I wanna get faded with Beyonce. (laughs) I wanna get Beyonce’s ass all drunk!

Get any hate mail from AA?

E-SWIFT: Shit it’s niggas like us keeping them in business. (laughs)

J-RO: Yeah, I mean, on tha real though, we do stuff, (we) go talk to high school kids, college kids, all that.

You guys do community service and stuff right?

TASH: Yeah, hell yeah, we promote that all day long. Tell ‘em about the parade, J-Ro.

J-RO: Yeah we had a big parade this past Christmas out of South Central Los Angeles, and it was the first time ever in history that Mickey Mouse ever been to the ghetto, you know what I mean? We did a parade and everything. We had a bunch of snow for the kids, they ain’t never seen snow in their whole lives.

TASH: Fake snow machine.

J-RO: Yeah so they had a snowman contest and all that. So stuff like that is always cool. You gotta give back. For all you up and coming rappers: You got to.

What would you call yourselves if you ever sobered up?

E-SWIFT: I’ll call myself an ambulance cuz I’ll be sick in the head.

What’s the last thing you guys licked?

J-RO: Myself. I licked myself.

E-SWIFT: Ewww. That don’t sound right.

There’s a rumor that you guys are pissed at Xzibit.

E-SWIFT: Yeah, fuck him. I’ma kick his ass! I’ma kick his ass!

TASH: Shit up the little punk! (Beating the table, leaning into the tape recorder.) Man, you’re a punk!!!

E-SWIFT: Na man, that’s our boy man. That rumor is so far from the truth, man. We can just sit back and laugh. You know, we just got back from a nice little nationwide tour with Xzibit. We talk to Xzibit everyday, you know what I’m saying? We all family.

What’s up with your personal lives?

TASH: We really don’t have any. I mean, my time is all spent doing music.

E-SWIFT: I’m not married. I’m single. I’m single and available.

J-RO: I’m a single father with two boys, know what I mean?

TASH: That’s tight.

So you’re all single, do you get hit by a lot of groupies?

J-RO: Hell yeah.

E-SWIFT: Yeah, hell yeah.

TASH: That’s what’s tight.

E-SWIFT: I think the groupie factor done died down (though), I think it’s more male groupies now. It’s more MC’s wanna bus’ for you. And that’s a groupie to me.

TASH: I wouldn’t call dudes that wanna bust for you groupies, though.

E-SWIFT: Man, certain ones. A lot of times you hear those stupid stories about how like Lil’ Bow Wow busted for Snoop and shit and now look at him -- double platinum.

What’s your opinion of Lil’ Bow Wow?

TASH: I love Lil’ Bow Wow.

E-SWIFT: Let me tell you a story about Lil’ Bow Wow!!

TASH: Oh, here we go...it’s deep.

E-SWIFT: Lil’ Bow Wow--if it weren’t for Tash, I don’t even think Lil’ Bow Wow would be here today.

TASH: That’s right.

E-SWIFT: That’s real.

What’s up?

E-SWIFT: That’s real.

TASH: That’s real.

E-SWIFT: Because, on tha real, Lil’ Bow Wow was on the Arsenio Hall Show with Snoop Dogg, the first time anyone in the world had ever saw Lil’ Bow Bow bus. He was rapping, the song he was busin, the lyrics he was busin, was Tash’s lyrics from a song called .... Frost bit?

TASH: No a song called uh Styles. What it is, it’s like this, Lil’ Bow Wow’s from my hometown, really my neighborhood. Lil’ Bow Wow’s pops got his hands on (my) tape. And the story goes in my neighborhood that his pops loved the song so much that he’d just play it over and over. And so the story has it that Lil’ Bow Wow remembered this song at age like 6 or 7 or something like that. Plus he had a Lil’ flow and he could rap. So, he turned around and when Snoop Dogg had came to town. Lil’ Bow Wow, I mean, his pops put him in front of Snoop and said "Rap for him." And that’s the only rap he knew, my stuff. So he busted out for Snoop and Snoop was like "Damn you can rap bro, I like this stuff." And then he started lying and shit, sayin’ he wrote it and all that type of shit. That’s how he got put on with Snoop at first.

So he fronted on you, man.

TASH: Yeah.

E-SWIFT: He fronted on ol’ Tash!! Papa (gonna) let him know soon as I see Lil’ B. Oh I just saw Lil’ Bow Wow I didn’t even say nothing...

TASH: I love his stuff. I love his music, though. It’s tight.

E-SWIFT: Nah, it’s all good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Sikotic™

Re: Liks Interview with Allhiphop.com
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2001, 08:57:07 PM »
Thats a funny interview. Bow Wow stole Tash's shit lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2001, 10:37:44 PM »
yeah thanks for postin up tha interview... yeah  ikno funny shit bout bow wow using tash's sht

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2001, 12:08:40 AM »
LOL, the liks are funny,  their tight tho

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2001, 01:14:06 AM »
yeah tha liks are tight motherfuckers but that was funny about Lil' Bow Wow stealing tash's stuff...lol... ;D
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2001, 03:32:34 PM »
i like how in there interviews it is all fun...and upbeat....all these other foolz are all dark and on some other planet.....

yeah lil bow wow part is funny...
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2001, 04:41:06 PM »
Is tha Bow Wow thing for real or not?

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2001, 05:25:29 PM »
its the truth...