Author Topic: The Firm - Phone Tap  (Read 837 times)

Okka

Re: The Firm - Phone Tap
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 12:03:50 PM »
3 of the dopest

Do you mean those are the top 3 songs from the East Coast in your opinion? "The Firm" had some good material on it but best 3 of all times? Oh hell nah.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 01:49:10 PM »
their 3 dopest and 3 of the dopest to come outta their coast....yeah they was dope songs and still are...classic

3 of the dopest

Do you mean those are the top 3 songs from the East Coast in your opinion? "The Firm" had some good material on it but best 3 of all times? Oh hell nah.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 11:58:09 PM »
I think people werent ready for this album, it was ahead of its time.

I don't get what that means. It was 10 years ago and today people aren't making Goodfellas rip offs in the form of albums.

Word.  I mean, I personally enjoyed the album, it had it's moments, Canibus had an excellent guest appearance on there, and no doubt "Phone Tap" is a huge banger!.  But the whole Mafioso thing was a little overdone to me, I mean, I understand it was a concept album, but even Dre admits it kind of fell short and didn't meet it's full potential.  Either way, it is what it is, and I've always liked the album even to this day.

BTW, the best Nas, Dre collabo will always be "East Coast/West Coast Killa" which is one of the most legendary and under-rated tracks in hip-hop history.

So true, personally one of my fav's from that late 90's jiggy/mafioso era, concept album that falls flat in places, and does get bland at times ("Fuck Somebody Else"... WTF was that shit?) I always said since day one, if that album had been produced 100% by Dre, it woulda been a different story
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:00:03 AM by StevenQBosell »

Lucifuge

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 12:12:41 AM »
can some one put mp3 link of phone tap. damn...i lost somewhere my cd..fuck that shit
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Prof@ssor

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 06:30:52 AM »
i really like the Unreleased Version of Desperados  8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 10:22:33 AM »
whoa whoa....unreleased?
whats the difference?

i really like the Unreleased Version of Desperados  8)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Prof@ssor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 12:44:49 PM »
is it also known as desperados part 2? and nas verse if first?
Cube

Chad

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 06:42:16 AM »
...don't forget that this was the first time Dr. Dre & Mel-Man started producing together....
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Jaydc

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2010, 07:55:30 AM »
I think this will go down in hip hop as one of the most dissapointing albums of all time.

Cormega should have been still in the group,hes easily better then everyone except nas,and personally I think hes on nass level,he might not reach the peaks that nas does but hes wayyyyy more consistent.

As for the album,the trackmasters ruined it for me,their producting was awful 80 pecent of the time,dont know how those guys were big.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 10:11:59 PM »
yeah should have been much better.....and maybe canibus in the group also

...don't forget that this was the first time Dr. Dre & Mel-Man started producing together....
Cube

So Much Style

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2010, 08:00:10 PM »
this song, affirmative action, 4 in da morning unreleased versiion, everyday thang and some others are STRAIGHT classic!!
So much style back at it again

So Much Style

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2010, 08:00:41 PM »
speaking of, can anyone give me a link to the firm album? my shit is all scratched up!
So much style back at it again

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »
4 in da morning unreleased version...whats this?
Cube

theremedy360

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2010, 08:26:22 PM »
Classic song on a disappointing album.