Author Topic: *Post Your Questions For Crooked I*  (Read 1452 times)

Umaga

• Lil Geezy
Re: *Post Your Questions For Crooked I*
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 06:51:10 PM »
when is young boss vol3 come out? ??? ???

when can wee see the NWA video?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 07:26:48 PM »
1-when is Respect Your OG's part 2 coming out

2-have you ever collab'd with any Outlawz members

3-who're best rappers in the game in his opinion
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 08:34:52 PM »
-- i agree with Lunatic's question... try & press him about the rest of the Treacherous roster... who is presently on the label? Knoc? Big Syke?
between his Death Row releases?  Say Hi or Untouchable?

;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The Predator

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Ask him does he plan to create story telling type songs? maybe a concept song or two?

Ask him will he start to add some political substance and mix it in to his lyrics?

More punchlines in his verses?

Give him his props for the freestyle weeklys, it's been a good run.

Cool for doing the interview, 187Proof.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 09:08:14 PM by The Predator »

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »

u want more?? :o   lol

Avalanche

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 09:30:08 PM »
Ask him whether or not he thinks that he should have dropped boss independent and got a buzz going for himself like Jeezy and Chamillionaire did. Then make sure you put the reasoning behind it like saying that there may never come a day when a major will put big money behind him because he hasnt released an album yet. However, if people find out about his music (and its good); then the chances become greater to release music. Popularity is the best way to get albums out it seems. I think its safe to say artists like GMALONE will not blow up because their audience is regional and not national. Just be straight up, he'll probably respect you because you're honest and not kissin his ass like most of the interviews he gets.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 09:32:28 PM »
How does he plan to get mainstream exposure when the radio only plays fluff aimed at high school girls while most guys would rather download than buy?

Would he consider putting his half of Say Hi To The Bad Guy on his B.O.S.S. album as bonus tracks, or will they remain unreleased?

Aside from yourself and the Treacherous roster, who does he see as the next west coast artist to get exposure outside of the west coast?

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 09:35:34 PM »
i agree with Styles... leave the Snoop questions alone... live & let die.

but yeah, Johnny covered a lot of ground recently, and that was a dope interview... so really, try and get creative with it and ask things that haven't already been asked.  here are a few questions i have:

-- ask if BOSS is still dropping in October as quoted from earlier interviews with Johnny1000 & XXL, because that could change at any minute.
-- i agree with Lunatic's question... try & press him about the rest of the Treacherous roster... who is presently on the label? Knoc? Big Syke?
-- ask about his record distribution situation?
-- ask him when we can expect some more Horse Shoe Gang & On-One Squad material?
-- ask him to name 5 people (MC's and/or producers) that he'd like to collaborate with in the future?
-- ask him what his favorite song is from BOSS so far?  i'm sure it changes from time-to-time, but ask him at the moment, what is his fave?
-- ask him if the album making process for BOSS was easier or harder than it was when he made Say Hi To The Bad Guy & Untouchable while at Death Row?
-- i'm sure he'll say BOSS is better than Say Hi To The Bad Guy & Untouchable, so the next logical question would be which album does he prefer between his Death Row releases?  Say Hi or Untouchable?

props for this!!  8)

Ya thanks man!!!

The Predator

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007, 09:40:33 PM »

Yep, Big L style!

Crooked is capable of dropping more punchlines in his songs, drop many quotables for us to discover.

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 09:42:03 PM »

Yep, Big L style!

Crooked is capable of dropping more punchlines in his songs, drop many quotables for us to discover.

lol true that homie

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 09:47:07 PM »
What producers would you wanna work with that you havent yet?

adamanthraxe

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 02:54:51 AM »
When can we hear him on the MY 64 beat?

Is he releasing any Videos for B.O.S.S.?

When is he going to do some shows outside of CALI?

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 03:50:49 AM »
- Give him props for the hip hop weekly freestyles.
- Ask him whats the release date of the Live DVD/Hip Hop Weekly Remixes Mixtape and if these are still coming together in the same package.
- Whats the name of the next single off the album BOSS?
- Can we expect to see the track he recorded with Immortal Technique and Chino XL on the album and who produced it?
- Besides Dynasty artists and One-2, who's still signed to Treacherous records?

Props for doing this interview 187. :)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 05:03:55 AM »
how ould are you??

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2007, 05:15:31 AM »
After all the interviews we've had over the past couple of years, I think we already know what Crooked's point-of-view is on most things related to (West Coast) hip-hop, so it would be cool if you could try to make this interview go into a different direction. My questions are therefore non-hip-hop related for a change, but nonetheless interesting in my opinion:

1) What do you think of the HBO drama series The Wire?

2) What kind of litterature are you into the most? Crime fiction, detective stories, ...

3) Have you ever read any books by George Pelecanos (co-writer on The Wire)

4) How does an everyday day for Crooked I look like? Ask him to describe it in detail if possible. And no, by 'describing in detail' I don't mean the exact time when he brushes his teeth, lol, but for example, on his blogs he has mentioned several times that he gets behind his desk every day at around 9 AM. Well, I'm curious to know what exactly it is that he does at his desk. Does he browse the web, does he take care of his own paperwork, etc...

5) Once that B.O.S.S. has dropped, are you planning to do a mini-tour in Europe?

Thanks!