Author Topic: Snoop concert blown out of porportion  (Read 1871 times)

forgotabout

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Snoop concert blown out of porportion
« on: July 30, 2001, 04:26:36 PM »
Rap artist cuts Coors performance short following disturbance

SIGNON STAFF

July 30, 2001

CHULA VISTA -- Rap artist Snoop Dogg turned in an abbreviated performance at Coors Amphitheatre following a disturbance that broke out shortly after his set began Sunday night.

A security guard at the concert suffered a minor injury after he was struck by an unknown object, Chula Vista police said. No arrests related to the disturbance were made.

Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, was the headline act on a bill that included performances by Tha Eastsidaz, Doggy's Angels, Dogg Pound, Bad Azz, Soopafly and Butch Cassidy.

One of the band members told police the trouble began when the rap artist began playing "some old songs" that may have offended some members of the audience, according to Chula Vista police Lt. Dan Linney.

A crowd of 9,500 people attended the show.

During Snoop's performance, unidentified members of the audience began shouting at members of the artist's sizeable contingent of friends, performers and bodyguards who occupied the stage, Linney said. Most of the on-stage entourage was wearing blue colors, in apparent support of a gang.

A group of men wearing red, an opposing gang's colors, positioned themselves near the stage, according to Brian Murphy, a Union-Tribune publishing company employee who attended the show.

Murphy said it appeared the audience members in red were upset by the show of colors. Hand signals were exchanged between the two groups, he said.

One of the red-clad audience members tossed a red visor at Snoop, striking him in the chest.

More unrest followed.

An unidentified concert-goer tried to get up on the stage and was forced back into the crowd by security, prompting those in the crowd to begin tossing objects onstage, Murphy said.

Those on the stage retaliated by tossing objects into the crowd, such as speakers and microphones.

The disturbance was sufficient to cause some of the people allowed on stage to flee backstage, creating a minor panic, Linney said.

The artist quit performing and the house lights were turned on, signaling that the show was over, according to Murphy.

Loud noises from the stage, possibly caused by live microphones being dropped, prompted some people to believe a gun was being fired, and some members of the audience began fleeing the area in a panic.

No guns were found, Linney said. According to Linney, officers from his department briefly took the stage to form a skirmish line in a show of force, but left soon after it appeared most people were leaving peacefully.

Snoop had been on stage for about 45 minutes before terminating the show, according to Buck Martin, general manager for the amphitheatre. He said the concert was about 80 percent complete when the performance was halted.

"It's unfortunate a small contingent can disrupt an event like that, that had actually been going very smoothly," Martin said. "The Coors Amphitheatre management took a lot of precautions to ensure a safe environment."

In addition to metal dectectors stationed outside the main entrances, a metal detector was also installed backstage that anyone who left the area had to pass through in order to re-enter, Martin said.

Martin praised Chula Vista police, and the private firm contracted to provide security for the event.

"People did not overreact once the house lights went on," Martin said. "We have a plan in place, in cooperation with the city of Chula Vista and everything went off without a hitch. The seating area, the plaza and the parking lots were cleared with no problem and it's unfortunate that a small group for about a 15-second interval caused a disruption."

The disturbance marred what was otherwise a peaceful evening. Performers repeatedly urged those in attendance to cause no trouble and simply enjoy the show.

Linney said only one arrest was made when a woman was found under the influence of drugs.

Yea whoever went to this concert totally blew this  out of porportion
Snoop didnt get clowned
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

LBC_NIGGA

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Snoop concert blown out of porportion
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2001, 04:52:36 PM »
i knew the whole story wasnt tru..they probally told 2 go back stage by da cops..i knew snoop & da eastsidaz wasnt no buster ass niggas!!!

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2001, 07:01:30 PM »
yeah stupid ass people saying everbody even the body guards ran off like bitches stupid ass's!
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2001, 07:26:44 PM »
I almost went to that show...

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2001, 07:33:26 PM »
yeah i just saw this at snoops doggpound,, lol funny motherfuckaz
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2001, 07:53:04 PM »
My cousin who was real close to the front, said everyone stormed the stage exept Tray Deee abd Kurupt. They stayed on stage and continued to throw gang signs back and trying to fight until they got carried off stage.

He said he wasn't over exaggerating either and he would never bullshit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2001, 07:57:00 PM »
so the others way carried off b4 tray n kurupt then,, or they just walk to stay out off troubble,, the question is  did it will happen at another show???
gives me dopeness"                                   

CWalker187

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2001, 08:53:56 PM »

My cousin who was real close to the front, said everyone stormed the stage exept Tray Deee abd Kurupt. They stayed on stage and continued to throw gang signs back and trying to fight until they got carried off stage.

He said he wasn't over exaggerating either and he would never bullshit.

Yeah I believe him. It is sad how all these people are in denial that their hero Snoop ran off like a busta. The article even says that people on stage ran off.

Plus Lil CS, who is a well known rapper from the Bay area, posted on www.raptalk.net and said he was at the show and that Snoop did indeed run off when they rushed the stage.

Snoop is a fool. If you are gonna claim a color, then defend it.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2001, 09:02:16 PM »
::) , plus what does ur name stand for ( c walker = crip + 187 = long beach ) so what r u statin that his our hero n his a fool,, he wasn't the only one who ran  , so u think anyone that was there n ran r sum fool well ::)
gives me dopeness"                                   

BadBoy4Life

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2001, 09:11:37 PM »
No not true, over at the DeathRow records web site forum somebody posted that members affiliated with DeathRow records bum rushed the stage in attempt to disrupt Snoops concert. He said they also somehow gained backstage passes and beat down several of Snoops bodyguards and crew while Snoop was lead away safely. The admin came on and said the story was true. Dunno if it's still their becaise ThaRow recently deleted all their forum posts and started over.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2001, 09:16:51 PM »
bullshit it's like me sayin
i beat down micheal jordan at my  house yersterday because he was foolin me
gives me dopeness"                                   

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2001, 09:22:49 PM »
Its not bullshit. You know how they take those colors serious.

Plus they are replacin words with "FUck Suge" and "Fuck Deathrow".

I love Snoop too but he had it comin'.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2001, 09:25:34 PM »

Its not bullshit. You know how they take those colors serious.

Plus they are replacin words with "FUck Suge" and "Fuck Deathrow".

I love Snoop too but he had it comin'.

lol
gives me dopeness"                                   

Big BpG

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2001, 10:21:08 PM »
I'm really getting annoyed by the people here, there are two sides shaping out of this story and it goes like this....

1st Side: Snoop is a bitch for running, stand up for your self you little pussy black man who thinks he is a gangsta, but is really from Iowa and plays baseball with Kevin Costener in a field full of ghosts.

2nd Side: Snoop is a grown man, he lived that lifestyle and has grown out of it. His music however is the story most of his friends still live and therefore he is telling it.

But fuck it!!!!! I'll make my side

3rd: He is Snoop Dogg, I like him, always will, do what you can to make music and don't fuck it up!

PEACE!

-bpg

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2001, 10:26:24 PM »
4th side: Stop tripping about something small...