Author Topic: can anybody recommend some jazz artists?  (Read 297 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: can anybody recommend some jazz artists?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 08:37:20 AM »
infinite is basically saying he doesn't like hip hop then.lol that's all rap is , it's R&B mashed up with jazz

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 10:03:20 AM »
Am I supposed to say I like jazz so I can sound more eclectic and cultured?  Fuck that.  I bet ya'll ain't ever actually listened to half those names ya'll listed, and if you did listen it ain't nothin compared to your hip-hop cd's.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 11:25:17 AM »
Roomful of Blues, good jump blues/jazz music.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 11:30:38 AM »
great thread.     8)

check out Keiko Matsui, she fuckin owns the piano. 

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Elano

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 12:07:19 PM »
that "lounge club, lights low, sipping on something, piano/sax and real bluesy (but not exactly blues) vocals to it  8)" type of jazz (real specific, haha). wish i could give an example, its just i was going through radio stations and heard a song that gave me this imagery, so i'm trying to look into more of this, i know some real cultured dudes is out there, help me out

I don't want to reccomend you the "old" jazz artists because it's too obvious,so i give you some other names.
Recently i've bought two amazin "club-jazz" records from a japan band,believe me these dudes are on another level!

These two records are awesome!!
If you wanna listen something,check out these links:
www.soilpimp.com/
www.myspace.com/soilandpimpsessions

This video is long (9 minutes) but is worth every second:

Now i gotta go,but tomorrow i will post other jazz artists/groups if you want

everlast1986

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 01:37:21 PM »
Without Jazz, Funk, Soul, Disco etc. there wouldnt be anything called Hip Hop music. You gotta respect those musicgenres..

I would understand if you just said that you dont like that kind of music, but its annoying when you say "hip-hop is the only style of music worth listening to" and "fuck jazz"

-1 to you

I don't HAVE to respect anything, to be honest.  Maybe the "fuck jazz" comment was a little over the top, but it wouldn't be the dubcc if we couldn't say whatever we wanted.

Nobody said you even had to post in this thread. All a person did was ask for people here to reccomend jazz artists and you change the whole point of this discussion just to let people know you think you're the fucking hip hop referee or something. Your reputation must suck if you act like this in real life.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »
I absolutely love that saxaphone soul. Damn, that get's me. So grown. So mature.

I don't know how loungey it is but it's real calm and real grown n sexy. I just saw the word sax and...lol. Here's some of what's in my rotation. Hope it can help you. I don't think it's really 'jazzy' though. I know you said with vocals but try these first 2. They so smooth.

Nigel Martinez - You're So Good
http://www.zshare.net/audio/3267925339253a/

Boney James - Sweet Thing
http://www.zshare.net/audio/32681065785c05/

Aaron Neville & Kenny G - Even If My Heart Would Break
http://www.zshare.net/audio/3268026058e7f3/

Freddie Jackson - You And I Got A Thang
http://www.zshare.net/audio/326796535bfb0b/

Gerald Alston - I've Waited All Night
http://www.zshare.net/audio/326798956eb604/

Keith Washington - Are You Still In Love With Me
http://www.zshare.net/audio/3268084bf1e0ca/

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 06:22:02 PM »
Am I supposed to say I like jazz so I can sound more eclectic and cultured?  Fuck that.  I bet ya'll ain't ever actually listened to half those names ya'll listed, and if you did listen it ain't nothin compared to your hip-hop cd's.

no but it makes you look dumb. really dumb lol. it's like saying "red is the only color i like to wear" and then saying "i resfuse to work at target because i have to wear red"

and yes i have listend to those names....lol i took them right from my ipod. and some songs i like better than my hip hop songs on my ipod and visa versa.

music is music, you can't build walls around it. if it's good it's good. if it's not it's not.

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 07:40:44 PM »
that "lounge club, lights low, sipping on something, piano/sax and real bluesy (but not exactly blues) vocals to it  8)" type of jazz

go cop some diana washington

"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

marky707

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 10:32:20 PM »
good look on all of these, ill check into them. but yeah, thats the kinda shit to put you and your girl in the mood, she likes r&b like ne-yo and chris brown, so i had to spin her in another direction as quick as i could, haha. but good looking on these, and to dude who said "fuck jazz",....come on.... ::)

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 12:20:42 AM »
yo don't sleep on Miles Davis Kind Of Blue album...very laid back, slow, bluesy, but jazzy nighttime type of feel...I like this album alot...it puts u in a trance where u have this type of inner unshakable peace when listenin to this album...I don't know how to describe it...surprise no one mention this album let alone Miles Davis...
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 01:01:32 AM »
i mentioned miles.

Elano

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 10:22:57 AM »
If you want some "modern" jazz,take a listen to this wonderful band from U.K.
http://www.nostalgia77.com/
They got a new album out and it's a blast

Elevz

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 01:05:38 PM »

Every single name I listed, I think is recommended. How would I know, had I not heard the music? Quit talking out of your ass, and realise there's people with a taste different from yours. Just about every single artist I listed I appreciate better than most of the hip-hop albums in my collection; the exceptions are rare. It's nothing about being cultivated and eclectic... Jazz is too damned trendy for the wannabe eclectic to jump into the popular stream of that.
I wish the less well-known jazz artists of today could put up with the big names of jazz history, because that would give the eclectic listener some drive to look for new horizons. Fact is, there's a whole lot of good jazz out today, but it's rarely amazing. That's why I mostly stick with the renowned names. Call that wannabe eclectic all you want, but it's really more like the opposite.

marky707

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2007, 05:21:16 PM »
well i didnt mean to start a whole discussion on jazz, but thats real good. dudes dropping intelligent and thought out opinions are on point, helps me out alot on deciding what to check out, and if you dont like jazz, then thats all you gotta say, or better yet....just stay away from topics about jazz  ;D