Author Topic: Bone "Art Of War" Appreciation Thread...  (Read 465 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Bone "Art Of War" Appreciation Thread...
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 08:36:21 AM »
I don't see how anyone could be retarded enough to say this was 1997's best album (let alone the best DOUBLE) album in a year that saw the release of both "Life After Death" and "Wu Tang Forever".

I've listened to "Art of War" much more than "Life After Death".   Don't get me wrong, "Life After Death" is a dope album, and Big is an ill emcee, but it goes without saying that everything Big did was over-rated, partly because he was the East Coast's savior. 

And the Wu-Tang album had far too many filler tracks.  "Art of War" has no filler.  It deserved to be a double-album in the same way All Eyez On Me did.

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 08:39:13 AM »
I just realized Bone never talked about women in any of their songs on their first 3 albums.  That's refreshing because hip-hop is way over-saturated with either R&B rap as an excuse to sell records to women, or puttin 100 women in your video's in an attempt to appear more important.  Bone just kept it real.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 08:44:07 AM »
I don't see how anyone could be retarded enough to say this was 1997's best album (let alone the best DOUBLE) album in a year that saw the release of both "Life After Death" and "Wu Tang Forever".

I've listened to "Art of War" much more than "Life After Death".   Don't get me wrong, "Life After Death" is a dope album, and Big is an ill emcee, but it goes without saying that everything Big did was over-rated, partly because he was the East Coast's savior. 

And the Wu-Tang album had far too many filler tracks.  "Art of War" has no filler.  It deserved to be a double-album in the same way All Eyez On Me did.

So you feel just as a emcee he is overrated or do you feel Life After Death as a album is overrated?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 09:13:28 AM »

So you feel just as a emcee he is overrated or do you feel Life After Death as a album is overrated?

Both.

I think as an emcee, he did have a great flow, but my problem was with the his lyrical content being played out.  The same three subjects, drugs, sex, money, and violence.  Not that I expected him to be a conscious rapper or anything like that, but Bone  for example are not "conscious" either but I feel like their lyrical content and style was more original than other rappers in the game.

By the way, it wasn't an easy decision for me to say that "Art of War" was better than "Life After Death".  Both are great albums. 

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 11:41:41 AM »

LOL, yeah Life After Death is probably the greatest double album of all time. Art Of War is dope though but not on Biggie's level with that album.

Are we talkijg just hip hop???? Of all time then i wld say All eyez on me is the greates double but if you talkng every kind of music Use youre Illuison to me is the best

d-nice

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 12:56:26 PM »

LOL, yeah Life After Death is probably the greatest double album of all time. Art Of War is dope though but not on Biggie's level with that album.

Are we talkijg just hip hop???? Of all time then i wld say All eyez on me is the greates double but if you talkng every kind of music Use youre Illuison to me is the best

Yeah just hip hop. I constantly change between Wu, Pac's and Biggie as the best.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 08:06:34 PM »
yup one of there best cds ever everfy single song is dope love this cd

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 09:36:23 PM »
loved that Bone Thug cd!!!! but yeah Biggie's album was the best double cd released on that year!

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 10:14:34 PM »
I thought the 1st disc was tight.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 08:24:28 AM »
Classic lp.everyone had a solo joint on here to. 8)

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 08:44:12 AM »
change the world is one of my favorite bone songs. great album.

All Day Everyday by SCC is the best from 97 though.

BritneySpears

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 08:46:05 AM »
Classic lp.everyone had a solo joint on here to. 8)

$Eg2$

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 08:59:50 AM »
I think the album was real solid but def far from classic  8)

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 01:13:30 PM »
In my opinion it would have been a great one CD album, 16-19 songs. There were a bunch of songs on the 2nd disc that I wasn't really feeling. It's a good album though, don't get me wrong.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:15:49 PM by gimmeyourshoes »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Narrator

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2007, 09:08:27 PM »

*BZZZZT* Wrong, cracker.  First of all, you DON'T EVER fucking contradict me.  Second, "Art of War" was VERY full of filler tracks.  Especially compared to "Wu Tang Forever".

And Biggie is not overrated, especially since this is your justification...

I just realized Bone never talked about women in any of their songs on their first 3 albums.  That's refreshing because hip-hop is way over-saturated with either R&B rap as an excuse to sell records to women, or puttin 100 women in your video's in an attempt to appear more important.  Bone just kept it real.

I think as an emcee, he did have a great flow, but my problem was with the his lyrical content being played out.  The same three subjects, drugs, sex, money, and violence.  Not that I expected him to be a conscious rapper or anything like that, but Bone  for example are not "conscious" either but I feel like their lyrical content and style was more original than other rappers in the game.

By the way, it wasn't an easy decision for me to say that "Art of War" was better than "Life After Death".  Both are great albums. 

Did you think before you spoke, or are you just being a dumbfuck Muslim as usual?  You've basically just admitted the only difference between Bone and Biggie is that Bone settled for just violence and drugs instead of violence, drugs, and women.  There was NOTHING more original about Bone's lyrical content, only their style.  And your first comment is, of course, typical of crackers who want only think it's OK for rappers to talk about killing people, but heaven forbid they show an interest in women and thus indicate humanity (something Muslims dangerously lack), it's unacceptable.

Just face it, Brian, you're never going to be anything but another identity-challenged cracker who thinks he can fit in with us GODs.  But Allah wants you dead, and I'm going to see to it that you pay the price for being retarded and contradicting somebody as important as myself.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 09:13:05 PM by Foday-muh'fuckin-Sankoh, bitch! »