Author Topic: And they call Kobe arrogant, check out T Mac  (Read 190 times)

Youngster323

And they call Kobe arrogant, check out T Mac
« on: April 28, 2002, 06:33:12 PM »
straight from ESPN , u can even ask Dogg Jones

Sunday, April 28
Updated: April 28, 2:14 PM ET

T-Mac says he's better than Davis, promises win

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orlando Magic are one loss from postseason elimination, and Tracy McGrady has been stripped of defensive duties on Charlotte's Baron Davis after surrendering a triple-double.

That combination might humble some players and cause them to hold their tongues, but humility and quiet don't come easy for the 22-year-old McGrady.

A day after a devastating 110-100 overtime defeat on Orlando's home floor put the Magic down 2-1, McGrady promised a win over the Hornets in Game 4 Tuesday night.

"I don't want to go on vacation now, so, yeah, I have to guarantee there is going to be a Game 5," he said.

That would send the series back to Charlotte for a deciding fifth game on Friday "in the little hive," McGrady said, "with the little bees."

He didn't stop there, going on to claim he's a better player than Davis -- despite the 32-point, 14-rebound, 10-assist performance by the Hornets' point guard Saturday.

"He's not the best player (in this series)," said McGrady, who is averaging 29.3 points, seven rebounds and 5.3 assists in the three games. "I am. No question, no question."

Davis is averaging 24 points, nine assists and 8.3 rebounds, but McGrady said that Davis' teammates are making him look better.

"If you look at Baron's team, and you look at my team, then you'll understand he has a lot of help," McGrady said. "He has guys that can score, he has guys that can rebound on a night-to-night basis.

"Therefore, all the focus, all the attention (from Orlando) is not on him."

Davis could not be reached for a response, as McGrady made his comments after Charlotte had finished practice.

To stop Davis, Orlando is switching its defensive assignments to put more pressure on the ball as it's brought upcourt. Darrell Armstrong now has the responsibility of checking Davis, while McGrady will guard David Wesley.

"Tracy's not the type that you use to put pressure on guards, especially point guards," Armstrong said. "We need Tracy's energy on the offensive end, and for halfcourt defense. We need to save his energy."

At Charlotte's practice, held at Rollins College in Winter Park, Davis was gracious in victory.

"I'm just trying to lead my team without (ill forward Jamal Mashburn)," Davis said. "I want to get my teammates involved. I have to step up and concentrate on leading this team to victory."

Davis wasn't even that upset over the blown call that cost him a chance to win Saturday's game with a buzzer-beating 3-pointer in regulation.

"Sometimes refs miss calls," Davis said of official Bernie Fryer's decision to wave off his shot. "That's it."

While Fryer's call left the game knotted at 92 and headed for an extra five minutes, the Hornets did not fold. In fact, they played with emotion that left the Magic stunned and their coach beaming.

"I had to regroup myself and my team at that point -- it was over and done with," Paul Silas said. "After all of that happened, we could have succumbed to the pressure, but we stepped up. That's been the mark of this team all season."

The Hornets had little to say about Mashburn, who's played in only 10 minutes of the series because of mild anemia and vitamin deficiency. He's still in Charlotte, and remains day-to-day.

Saturday's overtime game was the series' second, matching the total of the 2001 postseason. "If you take out the overtimes, there's one point separating these three games," Orlando coach Doc Rivers said.

The last time a playoff series featured two overtime games was 1994, when Denver upset Seattle in the Western Conference's first round.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Doggystylin

Re: And they call Kobe arrogant, check out T Mac
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2002, 06:36:29 PM »
god damnit........i should delete this shit, lol

kobe is arrogant, this is the only time tmac has said somethin like this and plus hes always quiet so he speaks out once, but kobe is just talkin out of his ass everytime.......ahh shit here come the laker fans....*runs outta this bitch*

Youngster323

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2002, 06:39:24 PM »
god damnit........i should delete this shit, lol

kobe is arrogant, this is the only time tmac has said somethin like this and plus hes always quiet so he speaks out once, but kobe is just talkin out of his ass everytime.......ahh shit here come the laker fans....*runs outta this bitch*

lmao when the hell does Kobe talk about how much better he is than the opponent?

Smooth

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2002, 06:52:18 PM »
yeah i was reading this in the paper today... even though McGrady is my favourite player, Damn... he came off as mad arrogant here... but i feel what he's sayin cause it's the truth... he's a better player then Baron Davis hands down...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2002, 07:03:08 PM »
yea.....i think T-Mac is a good player.....but it seems like Baron Davis came out strong.......cuzz he had a nice triple double to move his team ahead