Author Topic: RIP to Aaron Russo  (Read 181 times)

jeromechickenbone

RIP to Aaron Russo
« on: August 25, 2007, 03:24:34 PM »
This is the dude responsible for the incredible documentary America: Freedom to Fascism.  He was a huge Ron Paul supporter and probably the biggest reason I even discovered Paul.  The movement will miss this guy.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: RIP to Aaron Russo
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 04:06:26 PM »

I definitely agree with that sentiment Jrome
and for all those interested check out this great interview
chronicles his very beginnings as an adult, the bullshit he experienced through to him becoming more politically aware, to him becoming friends with nick rockefeller and more.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:31:04 AM »
I was really happy about this thread.  Harry Browne is my favorite Libertarian and after him my next favorite is Aaron Russo.   Now they have both died in the last 3 years.  These are terrible losses to the Libertarian movement.  It was unfortunate that Harry Browne and Aaron Russo didn't get along.  Aaron Russo tried to recieve the Libertarian nomination for president in 2004, and I think he could have done very well with all his media experience; and I was very dissapointed that Harry Browne and other big name Libertarian's stood in his way.  Harry Browne thought he was not professional enough (said he used foul language and stuff like that) and that he was too much of a self-promoter rather than a promoter for the LP party.  I disagree with both of those assertions.

For those that don't know, Aaron Russo was responsible for the carear of Bette Midler as her manager and he was a producer for big name rock groups like Led Zepplin, also he produced some famous movies like Trading Places. 

Since he didn't recieve the LP parties nomination in 2004 (he recieved the most votes in the first two times they voted but lost barely in the 3rd run-off election cause the supporters of the two losers joined together to defeat him), he instead spent his time working on the documentary "Freedom for Facism" and he didn't care if it was illegally downloaded on the internet, what was important to him was that people saw it.  He said that he had made enough money and had a good life, and what was important to him in his older age was to do something to make this world a better place.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 04:02:07 PM »
This is the guy who exposed the Rockefellers
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 04:18:11 PM »
damn... RIP Russo
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 06:21:07 PM »
Yeah that sucks.  The world lost a good man. RIP. :beer:

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 09:59:09 AM »
RIP, made some very eye opening documentaries

AndrE16686

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 02:56:24 PM »
Damn...you guys are talking about THAT Aaron Russo.

R.I.P

He did alot with his time.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 03:28:02 PM by The Overfiend »