Author Topic: Eminem motivates me to live  (Read 882 times)

Doggystylin

Eminem motivates me to live
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:39:16 PM »
I don't know about you guys but sometimes when I feel like shit and I listen to this guy it just really keeps me going. I don't know what it is. Maybe I see that hes gone through similar shit but worse and I'm like, look at him, he made it. He's living a good quiet life with his daughter in Detroit. But the thing is the delivery and the lyrics in the songs. Also his  mysoginism I really love and can relate to, I mean who doesn't love that part. I'm sure most guys can relate to that at one point or another.

Right now I'm listening to "say goodbye to hollywood", damn he rips this beat apart.

rik

Re: Eminem motivates me to live
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 01:44:36 PM »
You need Jesus in your life.

Paul

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:46:30 PM »
so if he wasnt around youd be dead?
funkyfreshintheflesh

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 01:49:04 PM »
 :loco: :boohoo: :nahnah2: :stop: :psych: :firedevil: :tosser: :stupid: :eh: :yikes: :loopaper: :nahnah: :spam: :monkey_piss: :cow: :banana: :banana_rock: :banana_cow: :banana_trippin: :banana_llama:
I only fuck with 10's

rik

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 01:53:13 PM »
Why the fuck do you have a pic of Eminem in the shower as your avatar?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:54:46 PM by Ruger Rik »

everlast1986

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 01:54:38 PM »
^^I was just about to say that but what can i say at least hes alive right

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 01:56:10 PM »
cause it represents the domesticated side of a pop culture icon or a famed rapper that i like and i found it interesting

rik

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 01:59:44 PM »
homo

Doggystylin

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 02:04:06 PM »
damn i'm a year older than you, i always thought you were older

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 02:04:17 PM »
I cut myself everyday until his next album is released.

I've lost a lot of blood.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

rik

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 02:22:10 PM »
damn i'm a year older than you, i always thought you were older

Me?

STONED KITTY

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 03:05:03 PM »
MEOW

Doggystylin

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 03:08:39 PM »
fuck you you stoned cat, i'll rip your fucking head off, and yeah you rik, you're 20 son

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 03:17:02 PM »
I don't know about you guys but sometimes when I feel like shit and I listen to this guy it just really keeps me going. I don't know what it is. Maybe I see that hes gone through similar shit but worse and I'm like, look at him, he made it. He's living a good quiet life with his daughter in Detroit. But the thing is the delivery and the lyrics in the songs. Also his  mysoginism I really love and can relate to, I mean who doesn't love that part. I'm sure most guys can relate to that at one point or another.

Right now I'm listening to "say goodbye to hollywood", damn he rips this beat apart.

Welcome to 1999.

I think alot of his fans identified with him in 1999.  The Slim Shady EP, which was used as the foundation for the Slim Shady LP, was actually written when Eminem was still unsigned, suffering from poverty and a host of family problems, and I think a lot of people identitified with his music that was coming out in that era.  Even after the album came out he was still recieving a lot of racial hatred, and people were not giving him respect, XXL had written him off as a culture stealer, and all of this only fueled his fire to continue his legendary climb to the top.

Speaking for myself, back in 1999 was the year that I was still in high school, and I might have said something like "Eminem motivates me to live" so I can sympathize with what your going through.  His angst ridden lyrics and brooding social commentary seemed to be like the dose of heavy reality I needed in environment that seemed to lack any meaning or substance.  I was also motivated thinking that I had to prove to everyone how great Eminem was, but after the Marshall Mathers LP took off and he had the biggest selling first week for a solo artist all time, then I was definitely satisfied.  That year, I graduated and started to get into other things as well. 

...but anyway, I can say that I can relate to what's being said in the opening post of this thread (I would have chosen a pic other than him in a shower, but that's Doggy being Doggy) because I experienced that level of identification with him back in 1999.  Also I was white and into hip-hop and felt like he was our representative in the arena of hip-hop.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Paul

funkyfreshintheflesh