Author Topic: Snoop Dogg- Round Here  (Read 2477 times)

d-nice

Snoop Dogg- Round Here
« on: August 28, 2007, 07:46:37 AM »
Man at first I will admit I was clowning this song for the Stan/Dido sample. But the more I have played it, it is becoming one of my favorite songs on BCT. Dre made that song have a real sinister, hood sound to it. And that bassline will rattle the shit out of a system. Snoop had a more laid back flow but lyrically it fit well. But Dre did his thing with that beat.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop Dogg- Round Here
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 07:50:58 AM »
Yea its easily one of the top 3 tracks on the album for me...if you hear it on a proper system it sounds so atmospheric, really dope track!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 08:11:06 AM »
Same here. I really did not pay much attention to it when I would listen to it at home, but I started bumping it in the ride and was blown away by it. Especially with Dre's involvement on it. Adding the piano keys and a booming bassline. He really made that track hood on there. I was hoping it would be a single but he probably would have got alot of flack for it. Dre's attention to detail is crazy.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 08:43:30 AM »
imo this song hasn't even a real bassline. this are just two tones. Listen to "Boss' Life", THAT'S a bass line. "Round Here" is average imo, nothing special.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Shango

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 08:53:15 AM »
Its one of my favourites on TBCT

So Much Style

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 08:56:05 AM »
disapointing for a dre/snoop song imo
So much style back at it again

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 09:04:46 AM »
imo this song hasn't even a real bassline. this are just two tones. Listen to "Boss' Life", THAT'S a bass line. "Round Here" is average imo, nothing special.

Well reverb whatever you want to call it, it knocks in a system. The bassline during the song is faint but it still hits, but during the chorus it really rumbles. Boss' Life has a nice one also.

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 09:39:01 AM »
Man at first I will admit I was clowning this song for the Stan/Dido sample. But the more I have played it, it is becoming one of my favorite songs on BCT. Dre made that song have a real sinister, hood sound to it. And that bassline will rattle the shit out of a system. Snoop had a more laid back flow but lyrically it fit well. But Dre did his thing with that beat.
Yea its easily one of the top 3 tracks on the album for me...if you hear it on a proper system it sounds so atmospheric, really dope track!
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

Jin

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 09:43:04 AM »
When I heard that Snoop was going to shoot a video for Round Here, I couldn't wait to see it, but then he chose Boss Life as the next single. :'(
I could imagine a great video for Round Here, it really sounds so atmospheric, Dre created a crazy-ass beat.
Gotta be my favorite track of TBCT.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 10:02:52 AM »
One of the better track yeah. See when Snoop sticks to beats like this or gfunk or straight up funk thats when he's at his best. When he starts doing beats with Pharrell thats when i give up on him.

Lazar

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 10:32:42 AM »
Yeah, the track is real nice. But "Imagine" and "Conversations" are still my favs

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 11:09:24 AM »
yea this track is dope, but i think it don't get much love because the other 2 dre beats on the album, overall were better songs
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »
the 'ooo-oo-ooos' during the chorus are the fucking SHIT. They're subtle, but once you hear them you will never doubt the song again.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 11:22:29 AM »
For me, it's the added sounds from Dre that make this stick out. The added bass and piano give the song a completely different sound than when Dido or Em rocked it. It almost makes it errie. I pick up different elments of the song each time I listen to it. Like Dre used similar organ sound at the beginning of the song that was used on Murder Was The Case. If you listen to it right after Snoop does the chorus.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 11:55:28 AM »
I always loved that track. Dre used that sample way better than The 45 King & Em did on "Stan". The additions he made really compliment it.