Author Topic: Snoop Dogg- Round Here  (Read 2485 times)

TRG

Re: Snoop Dogg- Round Here
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 01:09:07 AM »
yeh one of the best tracks on BCT, love the beat, bangs hard and is so (like said before) atmorspheric

wcsoldier

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 03:39:16 AM »
Yea its easily one of the top 3 tracks on the album for me...if you hear it on a proper system it sounds so atmospheric, really dope track!

I love playing dre stuff in the car on my kappa perfect system. The best sounding one to me is the Jay-Z one with Neyo off of kingdom come. It actually sounds like its really raining inside my jeep.
Yeah , even if his latest work has been average for his standards , Dre beats sound clean , it's amazing ... contrary, for example, to a Just Blaze beat which sounds horrible if u bump it loud , even in a very good system

d-nice

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »
Yeah lyrically Snoop has some nice rhymes but it is with a more laid back flow. I think if it was rapped with more aggression it might have changed the mood of the track. The flow fits the beat IMO. Melodic yet gangsta as fuck at the same time. Dre did the damn thing production wise.

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 12:53:31 PM »
Yeah lyrically Snoop has some nice rhymes but it is with a more laid back flow. I think if it was rapped with more aggression it might have changed the mood of the track. The flow fits the beat IMO.

In my opinion this laid bacc flow and these gangsta rhymes is a perfect couple, U know... 8) Original...

d-nice

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 12:59:43 PM »
Yeah lyrically Snoop has some nice rhymes but it is with a more laid back flow. I think if it was rapped with more aggression it might have changed the mood of the track. The flow fits the beat IMO.

In my opinion this laid bacc flow and these gangsta rhymes is a perfect couple, U know... 8) Original...

No doubt. I really did not listen in depth on the album too much until lately. 1st half of the album is dope, a little bit of filler towards the end but overall I thought Snoop put together a good album.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2007, 01:59:44 PM »
I don't mind Snoop's flow, it kinda reminds me of how he delivered his raps on Doggfather, some laiid back gangsta raps 8)

d-nice

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2007, 02:10:32 PM »
I don't mind Snoop's flow, it kinda reminds me of how he delivered his raps on Doggfather, some laiid back gangsta raps 8)

Yeah laid back or gangsta works well for Snoop. Singing, no.  ;D

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2007, 03:51:53 PM »

Yeah laid back or gangsta works well for Snoop. Singing, no.  ;D

+1  ;D, I think Daz should take that advice too, LOL

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2007, 04:04:18 PM »
great track, be careful not to mention that the sample was used by eminem also round snoop, its a bit of a touchy subject !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

AK

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 12:32:10 AM »
one of the few good tracks on the album

as for the "Stan" sample, I still don't know how people hear that when they listen to this

I never ever think of that song when I listen to this, I always just think of Snoop and Dre

yea I dont hear tha sample either..dont know where it comes in and where people hear it
..one of tha best on tha album for sure though

d-nice

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2007, 06:14:45 AM »
Its just the looped guitar part that kick off Dido's and Em's song that quickly remind you of it for me at least. Dre added enough elements to the track to make it something completely different now that I have listened to it a thousand times.  ;D

The added claps, piano keys, organs, bass, all make it super hood and melodic. I can see how Snoop would say when he first heard it, he did not think of Stan when he first heard it, but come on, he knew WHERE that sample came from. That was the part that had me rolling. So Dre used it and flipped it into something different. It's all good, because Dre did a hell of a job with this track. It is not their best collabo, but it is still dope as fuck to me.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »

No doubt. I really did not listen in depth on the album too much until lately. 1st half of the album is dope, a little bit of filler towards the end but overall I thought Snoop put together a good album.

I've been saying for a while now that if snoop took the best worst 8 tracks off of each of his post doggystyle albums he'd have almost pure classics in his discography. Cause it's not like there's not 12 or 13 really good songs on most of his records, it's that most of those records have like 21 songs, 8 of which are garbage.

If he just picked the best 13 tracks for each record he'd have such an amazing discography. You'd think that compilations/greatest hits could fix that but they don't because the companies that make them only compile the singles and ridiculously famous songs.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2007, 09:30:37 AM »
and of course he CAN'T trim the records like that because

a)he has to collaborate with alot of people to keep all his industry ties straight

b)he has a very diverse fanbase to appease to he tries to put something for everyone on the record

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2007, 10:05:16 AM »
Very good point Tanj. Maybe with Ego Tripping he can have a classic album like that. If he did it Black Album style like Jay-Z did. 1 producer for each track. Maybe a little something like this

Producers

Dre
Quik
Fred Wreck
Battlecat
Mel-Man
Terrace Martin
Pooh
Pharrell
Timbo
JR Rotem
EP Pope

Daz, etc (all the other producers he has worked with, but they could only do 1 track)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2007, 10:12:08 AM »
black album has a different producer for each track? that's cool.

Hm, I doubt Dre will work on Snoop's next album. He seems to drop a few tracks once every three records unfortunately. I wonder what the fuck Quincy Jones was doing when he was Dre's current age and I wonder if it involved RELEASING MATERIAL.

-T

westcoastavengers.com