Author Topic: Dedication to NIKs sig...  (Read 2032 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Dedication to NIKs sig...
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 08:43:09 PM »
^ well lets look at Kobe's stats starting from his 3rd season (when he became a starter)...

27.1 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 5.1 apg

looks good to me

Jordans numbers = Still better.

On a side note....a career consists of the point at which you start playing in the NBA....til the moment you stop. If we are comparing career vs career, seems logical to compare career vs career. If you think its fair to drop off Kobe's three worst years...youd have to do the same for MJ.

I didn't just pick Kobe's worst years, I picked the 2 when he was a bench player. You can do the same for a player like McGrady. But Jordan, Lebron, Wade, Carter, Pierce, etc were all instant starters.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 08:48:56 PM »
^ well lets look at Kobe's stats starting from his 3rd season (when he became a starter)...

looks good to me

On a side note....a career consists of the point at which you start playing in the NBA....til the moment you stop. If we are comparing career vs career, seems logical to compare career vs career. If you think its fair to drop off Kobe's three worst years...youd have to do the same for MJ.

I didn't just pick Kobe's worst years, I picked the 2 when he was a bench player. You can do the same for a player like McGrady. But Jordan, Lebron, Wade, Carter, Pierce, etc were all instant starters.

So Kobe wasnt good enough to start immediately is what youre saying.  ;D
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 08:53:19 PM »

looks good to me

We're not talking about careers, we're talking about who was the best when they reached their top...Joe Smith is on-par with Jermaine O'Neal career-wise, doesn't mean JO wasn't the much better player in his prime...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 08:55:02 PM »

looks good to me

No, it's not...A rookie has no chance of starting over a proven defensive stopper, top scorer, AND fan-favorite. Jordan at 18 wouldn't have started over an up-and-coming all star Eddie Jones on the Lakers either.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 09:35:27 PM »

looks good to me

Actually yeah. He had the potential but he was just too raw and his body was nowhere near ready. But that doesn't matter. He's surpassed all those players I listed and is right on pace with MJ.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 04:37:35 AM »
I don't like those threads. The best moment from your videos is the infamous part where in the 1997 december game Micheal speaks to Kobe giving him some tips.

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 04:54:38 PM »

looks good to me

Actually yeah. He had the potential but he was just too raw and his body was nowhere near ready. But that doesn't matter. He's surpassed all those players I listed and is right on pace with MJ.

the problem is, his numbers (average wise) are below Mike's...and the "on pace" argument is almost always nonsense...even when a player is actually "on pace" to break records.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 05:16:16 PM »

looks good to me

one more thing worth mentioning. MJ only played 18 games in his second season due to a broken foot. Plus, we are going off averages. MJ averaged 30.1 PPG for a career....his first season he averaged 28.2 PPG. Second season he averaged 22.7 PPG. His first 2 years hurt his averages also. Only thing Kobe should have on his side is that he came out earlier and should have a couple extra seasons to try and catch up lol

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 05:25:18 PM »

looks good to me

one more thing worth mentioning. MJ only played 18 games in his second season due to a broken foot. Plus, we are going off averages. MJ averaged 30.1 PPG for a career....his first season he averaged 28.2 PPG. Second season he averaged 22.7 PPG. His first 2 years hurt his averages also. Only thing Kobe should have on his side is that he came out earlier and should have a couple extra seasons to try and catch up lol

You seemed to be level headed at the start of this conversation so I don't understand why you're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not purposely taking out Kobe's "bad seasons". Its not like I'm talking about Amare Stoudemire and saying take out the season he was injured. For great players like Kobe or McGready, you have to judge them based on when they were actually full time starters to be fair.

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 05:39:49 PM »

looks good to me

You seemed to be level headed at the start of this conversation so I don't understand why you're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not purposely taking out Kobe's "bad seasons". Its not like I'm talking about Amare Stoudemire and saying take out the season he was injured. For great players like Kobe or McGready, you have to judge them based on when they were actually full time starters to be fair.

and what Im saying is, if you want to compare career vs career....you have to compare career vs career. If you want to compare years as a starter....then compare years as a starter. I was comparing careers. Had Kobe won a championship in one of the first two years he was a Laker....do you honestly think you Kobe fans wouldnt include that as another Championship for Kobe? Of course you would, and youd say that he's only 2 away from MJ on the Championship count. So you cant discount those 2 seasons just because they dont work in your favor. Either way, MJ still has the nod obviously. There is no real reason for Kobe and Jordan to be mentioned in the same breath, but NIK's sig made me. I have said before though, Kobe is the second best 2 guard ever.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 11:22:23 AM »

looks good to me

the problem is, his numbers (average wise) are below Mike's...and the "on pace" argument is almost always nonsense...even when a player is actually "on pace" to break records.

His numbers are not on pace because he was brought up in a completely different way... What don't you get?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 11:24:15 AM »

looks good to me

LMAO@comparing Jordan's first season to Kobe's...and 18 games at 22.7 barely hurts your average...Nice try though...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 11:30:48 AM »

looks good to me

and what Im saying is, if you want to compare career vs career....you have to compare career vs career. If you want to compare years as a starter....then compare years as a starter. I was comparing careers. Had Kobe won a championship in one of the first two years he was a Laker....do you honestly think you Kobe fans wouldnt include that as another Championship for Kobe? Of course you would, and youd say that he's only 2 away from MJ on the Championship count. So you cant discount those 2 seasons just because they dont work in your favor. Either way, MJ still has the nod obviously. There is no real reason for Kobe and Jordan to be mentioned in the same breath, but NIK's sig made me. I have said before though, Kobe is the second best 2 guard ever.

You say Kobe is the 2nd best 2 guard ever, then you say he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan. Makes no sense...I still say the way Kobe came up reflects more on his career, he had to pave his own way to becoming what he is. He built himself when he coulda' easily been another Qyntel Woods. Kobe's come-up > Jordan's come-up...And you never judge a player straight out of high school on his career numbers. In that case, you might as well incorporate Jordan's college numbers into his averages when comparing...But that's not the case. We judge players based on how good they were in their prime. Kobe is still barely in his prime, and he's done things Jordan could only dream of. If you say Kobe is not capable of ending his career as the best ever, then you're straight up lying to yourself...PeACe

Citizen-Y

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »

looks good to me

You say Kobe is the 2nd best 2 guard ever, then you say he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan. Makes no sense...I still say the way Kobe came up reflects more on his career, he had to pave his own way to becoming what he is. He built himself when he coulda' easily been another Qyntel Woods. Kobe's come-up > Jordan's come-up...And you never judge a player straight out of high school on his career numbers. In that case, you might as well incorporate Jordan's college numbers into his averages when comparing...But that's not the case. We judge players based on how good they were in their prime. Kobe is still barely in his prime, and he's done things Jordan could only dream of. If you say Kobe is not capable of ending his career as the best ever, then you're straight up lying to yourself...PeACe

And Jordan did things in his prime Kobe hasn't done. 

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 06:49:37 PM »

looks good to me

And Jordan did things in his prime Kobe hasn't done. 

Yepp, so they're even  ;D