Author Topic: Dedication to NIKs sig...  (Read 2018 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Dedication to NIKs sig...
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2007, 01:17:37 PM »
^^So you agree that Kobe is on Jordan's caliber?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2007, 05:46:27 PM »

LOL, I don't know what the fuck happened to my post...

What I said was, no doubt I agree that Kobe is a Jordan caliber talent.  But no way in hell should there be any mention that he's better than Jordan until his career is over.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2007, 08:56:01 PM »

What I said was, no doubt I agree that Kobe is a Jordan caliber talent.  But no way in hell should there be any mention that he's better than Jordan until his career is over.

Fair enough, though it definitely wouldn't be wrong to say some parts of his game are already better.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2007, 11:46:18 PM »

Fair enough, though it definitely wouldn't be wrong to say some parts of his game are already better.

Just like it wouldn't be wrong to say that parts of Jordan's game is better.  Be patient - if Kobe is 100% legit it will be recognized regardless.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2007, 02:46:01 PM »

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2007, 08:18:04 PM »
^ well lets look at Kobe's stats starting from his 3rd season (when he became a starter)...

27.1 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 5.1 apg

looks good to me

Jordans numbers = Still better.

On a side note....a career consists of the point at which you start playing in the NBA....til the moment you stop. If we are comparing career vs career, seems logical to compare career vs career. If you think its fair to drop off Kobe's three worst years...youd have to do the same for MJ.

I didn't just pick Kobe's worst years, I picked the 2 when he was a bench player. You can do the same for a player like McGrady. But Jordan, Lebron, Wade, Carter, Pierce, etc were all instant starters.

So Kobe wasnt good enough to start immediately is what youre saying.  ;D

Actually yeah. He had the potential but he was just too raw and his body was nowhere near ready. But that doesn't matter. He's surpassed all those players I listed and is right on pace with MJ.

one more thing worth mentioning. MJ only played 18 games in his second season due to a broken foot. Plus, we are going off averages. MJ averaged 30.1 PPG for a career....his first season he averaged 28.2 PPG. Second season he averaged 22.7 PPG. His first 2 years hurt his averages also. Only thing Kobe should have on his side is that he came out earlier and should have a couple extra seasons to try and catch up lol

You seemed to be level headed at the start of this conversation so I don't understand why you're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not purposely taking out Kobe's "bad seasons". Its not like I'm talking about Amare Stoudemire and saying take out the season he was injured. For great players like Kobe or McGready, you have to judge them based on when they were actually full time starters to be fair.

and what Im saying is, if you want to compare career vs career....you have to compare career vs career. If you want to compare years as a starter....then compare years as a starter. I was comparing careers. Had Kobe won a championship in one of the first two years he was a Laker....do you honestly think you Kobe fans wouldnt include that as another Championship for Kobe? Of course you would, and youd say that he's only 2 away from MJ on the Championship count. So you cant discount those 2 seasons just because they dont work in your favor. Either way, MJ still has the nod obviously. There is no real reason for Kobe and Jordan to be mentioned in the same breath, but NIK's sig made me. I have said before though, Kobe is the second best 2 guard ever.

You say Kobe is the 2nd best 2 guard ever, then you say he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan. Makes no sense...I still say the way Kobe came up reflects more on his career, he had to pave his own way to becoming what he is. He built himself when he coulda' easily been another Qyntel Woods. Kobe's come-up > Jordan's come-up...And you never judge a player straight out of high school on his career numbers. In that case, you might as well incorporate Jordan's college numbers into his averages when comparing...But that's not the case. We judge players based on how good they were in their prime. Kobe is still barely in his prime, and he's done things Jordan could only dream of. If you say Kobe is not capable of ending his career as the best ever, then you're straight up lying to yourself...PeACe

correction, YOU never judge a player coming strait out of highschool on his career numbers WHEN its Kobe. Ive never heard anyone say that you dont count Kevin Garnetts first few years or Lebrons. But you argue that Kobes shouldnt count only because he wasnt as productive as youd like for YOUR argument. Like I said before (which no one has addressed), if Kobe had won a championship during his first 2 years (whether a starter or bench player), not ONE of you would say that championship shouldnt count towards his number of titles because he wasnt a major contributer. But when we compare his numbers to Jordans...you say it shouldnt count because he wasnt a major contributer.

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2007, 08:29:34 PM »
^ well lets look at Kobe's stats starting from his 3rd season (when he became a starter)...

27.1 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 5.1 apg

looks good to me

Jordans numbers = Still better.

On a side note....a career consists of the point at which you start playing in the NBA....til the moment you stop. If we are comparing career vs career, seems logical to compare career vs career. If you think its fair to drop off Kobe's three worst years...youd have to do the same for MJ.

I didn't just pick Kobe's worst years, I picked the 2 when he was a bench player. You can do the same for a player like McGrady. But Jordan, Lebron, Wade, Carter, Pierce, etc were all instant starters.

So Kobe wasnt good enough to start immediately is what youre saying.  ;D

Actually yeah. He had the potential but he was just too raw and his body was nowhere near ready. But that doesn't matter. He's surpassed all those players I listed and is right on pace with MJ.

one more thing worth mentioning. MJ only played 18 games in his second season due to a broken foot. Plus, we are going off averages. MJ averaged 30.1 PPG for a career....his first season he averaged 28.2 PPG. Second season he averaged 22.7 PPG. His first 2 years hurt his averages also. Only thing Kobe should have on his side is that he came out earlier and should have a couple extra seasons to try and catch up lol

You seemed to be level headed at the start of this conversation so I don't understand why you're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not purposely taking out Kobe's "bad seasons". Its not like I'm talking about Amare Stoudemire and saying take out the season he was injured. For great players like Kobe or McGready, you have to judge them based on when they were actually full time starters to be fair.

and what Im saying is, if you want to compare career vs career....you have to compare career vs career. If you want to compare years as a starter....then compare years as a starter. I was comparing careers. Had Kobe won a championship in one of the first two years he was a Laker....do you honestly think you Kobe fans wouldnt include that as another Championship for Kobe? Of course you would, and youd say that he's only 2 away from MJ on the Championship count. So you cant discount those 2 seasons just because they dont work in your favor. Either way, MJ still has the nod obviously. There is no real reason for Kobe and Jordan to be mentioned in the same breath, but NIK's sig made me. I have said before though, Kobe is the second best 2 guard ever.

You say Kobe is the 2nd best 2 guard ever, then you say he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan. Makes no sense...

Youre right.

"Kobe is no where near MJ's level". There, I said both names in the same breath.  ;D

Also, lets use a game of HORSE as an example.

Jordan, Kobe, and.....Drexler or some damn body. Jordan has no letters, Kobe has HORS, and Drexler just got HORSE. Kobe is the second best in that game, but not really close to the winner. So you see. You see how you can be second best, but not exactly on the heels of the guy in first?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2007, 10:59:03 AM »
^Kobe is a much better shooter than Jordan, so that would never happen. As for the bs you're speaking about Kobe coming out of high school, how does that factor into your argument, bro? Regardless of what you say, if you put Jordan at the age of 18 on a stacked Laker team, he would have not fared any better than Kobe...LeBron and Garnett stepped into different situations...Please just make sense out of what you're saying, because you factoring Kobe's first couple of seasons into the equation takes nothing away from the fact that Kobe has or will peak at a higher level than Jordan when it's prime-time...PeACe

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2007, 02:06:08 PM »
^Kobe is a much better shooter than Jordan, so that would never happen. As for the bs you're speaking about Kobe coming out of high school, how does that factor into your argument, bro? Regardless of what you say, if you put Jordan at the age of 18 on a stacked Laker team, he would have not fared any better than Kobe...LeBron and Garnett stepped into different situations...Please just make sense out of what you're saying, because you factoring Kobe's first couple of seasons into the equation takes nothing away from the fact that Kobe has or will peak at a higher level than Jordan when it's prime-time...PeACe

there are always variables in a career that could effect their numbers. Jordan took a year off for baseball. That could fuck you numbers up. It didnt with his (average wise, but he did lose some number totals because of it), but maybe it could with Kobe. Jordan came back to play for the Wizards, that definetely dropped his numbers. Maybe Kobe retires at an earlier age then Jordan. That would help Kobe's averages more then likely because typically you become less productive the older you get. So until that point, we can only compare career vs career.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2007, 02:26:01 PM »
Comparing career vs. career is never the way to establish who was the greater player in their peak years. Not by a long shot. And don't forget, Kobe's only played approximately HALF his career...PeACe