Author Topic: 50 Cent has gone from bad to worse with the new album!  (Read 851 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 Cent has gone from bad to worse with the new album!
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2007, 02:54:38 PM »
Theres also 2 funny things when it comes to judging 50 Cent:

a) A new 50 Cent songs hit the airwaves. People are like "man, fuck 50, all he raps about these days is money, streets or bitches." Like wtf ? Are you stupid ? Ive been following his career since Jam Master Jay mixtapes and trust me, he hasnt rapped about anything else, not once. Its like all of a sudden, theyre expecting him to rap about the sun, earth, politics and so on. And when hes not, theyre all shocked.

b) The best one. A new 50 Cent songs hit the airwaves. People are like "man, fuck 50, he sings on records." WTF again. Yet again, that has been his style since day ONE. And if you wanna blame anyone, blame Jam Mastwer Jay, because its him, that told him, to create a verse around the chours and not vice versa.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2007, 03:02:01 PM »

a) A new 50 Cent songs hit the airwaves. People are like "man, fuck 50, all he raps about these days is money, streets or bitches." Like wtf ? Are you stupid ? Ive been following his career since Jam Master Jay mixtapes and trust me, he hasnt rapped about anything else, not once. Its like all of a sudden, theyre expecting him to rap about the sun, earth, politics and so on. And when hes not, theyre all shocked.

b) The best one. A new 50 Cent songs hit the airwaves. People are like "man, fuck 50, he sings on records." WTF again. Yet again, that has been his style since day ONE. And if you wanna blame anyone, blame Jam Mastwer Jay, because its him, that told him, to create a verse around the chours and not vice versa.

Good points... he's been that way since day one.

I think most people are tired of 50, myself, I feel a lot of hist stuff for a while is best summed up as "uninspired"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 03:05:41 PM »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2007, 03:06:55 PM »
Thats true. The biggest problem on the Massacre for me werent really those club/chick joints, it was his flow. These days, his subject matter is the same, lyrically hes the same but the flow is often to lazy.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2007, 03:17:43 PM »
Man you can argue that 50 was never backpackin' with his lyrics and shit, but they used to be significantly better nevertheless. He actually had some witty and/or clever lines back in the day, not some shit that was just random. That said, on tracks like Places to go he didn't have outstanding lyrics, but his flow was something else. That hasn't been the case since after GRODT, excluding a few exceptions like his verse on "Never enough". And that's real talk nigga.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 03:20:49 PM by 7even is the next Iwan Karamasow »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2007, 03:24:42 PM »
Cant argue with that, but it wasnt that different. Its not like he went from Talib Kweli to your typical gangsta rapper.

About the flow, he usally flows his ass off on guest apperances ( Banks, Buck, Yayo, Game, Mobb Deep, Em, DMX, Luda..., plus some songs from Massacre and GRODT OST). But his flow is lacking, on several songs.

Invincible

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2007, 07:01:02 PM »
u know thats halarious
if the album sounds really bad the first time around and you paid money for it....

u just sit there and play the shit and FORCE YOURSELF TO LIKE THA SONGS

u force your head to nod LMAO to tha shit

if the shit is wack its wack period.. just admit it you admire 50

Who is this directed towards?

Lunatic

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2007, 07:01:37 PM »
i think his albums have gotten worse as he went on
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2007, 07:29:02 PM »
The new 50 Cent album sux bigtime! Haven't heard the dirty version yet but the clean version still gives you a good idea of the album
and I gotta say this is worse than The Massacre. It's really shitty, 50 has gone from bad to worse. I just hope Graduation will outsell Curtis
the first week so we don't need to hear another 50 Cent album ever again!
he took back that statement so we'll have one more album and a greatest hits >:(for more gay music for him..ima d/l and hope its dope...if it is i'll buy one classic album and one alrite album doesnt mean he's done...but i haven't felt the singles sow we'll see

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2007, 07:33:38 PM »
The album is not bad for a faggot.
LMAO ;D

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2007, 08:18:26 PM »
Please dont compare Games stardom to 50s. Eminem you can and yes he did cam correct after SSLP but times were very different back then.

50 had the street single Wanksta playing in every "hood", In Da Club will go down as one of the best club tracks in history, song was played EVERYWHERE. Then there was 21 Questions, an rnb anthem, then there was P.I.M.P., not to mention If I Cant. He sold 6 mill in USA alone, with having on of the lowest 2nd week drop in history, built his own company, put his homeboys on the scene, several ventures, films. 50 Cent happens every 10 years.

Game had a street single that didnt create any special buzz, had a nice hit with How We Do but still nothing outstanding, Hate Or Love It is probably his biggest joint and even that wasnt "big", with both Dreams and Put You On The Game not doing anything special. He sold barely 2 mill in the USA. The Game happens every 2 years, maybe even 1 year.

So, on the sophomore album 50 had to reach those 5, 6 mills again, which means a gigantic pressure, which means that a money driven label like Interscope demanding at least 4 very radio friendly joints (Cabdy Shop, Lil Bit, Dico Inferno, Build You Up and So Amazing), since his fanbase is now the whole world.

So, on the sophomore album Game had to reach those 1,2 mills again, which aint anything outstanding, which means that a money driven label like Interscope demands like 1 or 2 radio friendly singles (Wouldnt Get Far and Around The World).

Now you'll say "you cant blame Interscope". Yes, 50 is also to blame for being pimped by the industry and only seing the dollars but you cant tell me that thats not the truth. Check the "faboulous" Bustas I Love My Chick.

nobody is comparing games stardom to 50's, that would be retarded.....but they are soooo often names in the same sentence.....why? because of the huge beef they had after documentary blew up....

How we do was a HUGE club hit....anything that gets crazy spins in a club and the streets is huge....wanksta, in da club, how we do and one blood are these joints from these two...no candy shop or majick stick or wouldnt get far....

Now whilst i understand that you will always like massacre....it is a weak album to most ppl and i cannot agree more with that.......even 50 said that he made alot of mistakes with massacre....its horrible...everything he clowned ja for he became in many ways....GRODT was huge and i doubt 50 will ever surpass that but its def fair to compare that 2 documentary since both albums follow the same blueprint.....however since then.....game ha been twice the rapper 50 has....massacre is not anything compared to doctors advocate...yes massacre is bery high budget in its sound and had alot of hits too....but for album quality it was weak....doctors advocate was a very strong follow up, he had no 50 or dre or em to help him but he came through in big style....about doing numbers....50 done huge numbers both times and game did amazing numbers first time around and did more than respectable numbers this time around...but this is not about units sold....if so i would be talking about encore...which is horrible but sold around 5 mill....im talking about quality of albums and massacre is nothing more than a 3.5/5 album on its best day, i have been listening to hiphop since i dunno how many years and my standards have never dropped, ppl to quick to give out 4 mics today but massacre def was not a 4 mic cd whilst doc advocate was....

now about things being different back then 2 now....it is...quality was better and ppl sold more recorrds..true.....but nobody ever said a album was wack for no reason back then or today...no matter who the subject may be....dickriders will always be grouping on there heroes but ppl who know hiphop will be str8 today like they were then....and to me....50 came amazing with grodt and came wack with his folllow up....eminem came very good with his first album, came amazing with this follow up...but the pressure was just as big on eminem to come good second time around with the whole being white and dres side kick thing....now game came great with documentary and very good with his follow up.....again pressure was huge after all the gunit disses and drama.....maybe 50 had the worst follow up because he had no pressure on him in terms of drama....everything was great for him....his situation was perfect but to me that should give him a better base to work off...now this time around with curtis he has alot of pressure and drama around him, gunit coming down real hard right now, yes so are general sales but gunit were HUGE a few years back, 50 is gettin hated at alot more than usual...ppl seeing if 50 still got it....so if 50 is the type of guy who needs drama to get him going, this is the perfect oppurtunity to do it....i mean being in a rosy situation did not help him in massacre...so maybe he needs this.....i have no heard curtis yet but i was not impressed at all by the snippets....

Anyways yeah......50s debut was amazing, his follow up was some pussy garbage...completely against everything 50 was cussing against and then he turns around and drops this....he should have let ja drop a massacre instead....

pz

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2007, 08:19:18 PM »
by the way, that is just my opinioin!!! you can pm me if u wanna keep going,lol...pz

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2007, 08:21:02 PM »
Man you can argue that 50 was never backpackin' with his lyrics and shit, but they used to be significantly better nevertheless. He actually had some witty and/or clever lines back in the day, not some shit that was just random. That said, on tracks like Places to go he didn't have outstanding lyrics, but his flow was something else. That hasn't been the case since after GRODT, excluding a few exceptions like his verse on "Never enough". And that's real talk nigga.

This i agree with

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2007, 06:06:27 AM »
id never diss 50 for singing usually..

but it was 50 who put the idea rappers shouldnt sing in my head when he dissed ja for doing it... ::)

on the strength of the singles i wont even d/load this

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2007, 08:59:44 AM »
The problem is, people belive that they are educating themself when itcomes to Hip-Hop  ;D
FUCK all this "That track is for the bitches" & "That's a club track for TV"..lol

It's music, it's gonna make ya want to dance, groove whatever
if you listen to music to get a history lesson or an education then...

Expectaions are at an All-time high, THAT"S what killed Hip-Hop.

50's new album ain't up to his previous 2 solo album's.
(Massacre was dope IMO, but you know Opinion's are like...ect)

But still coo
I'll cop it on drop day.

after a couple of spin's...I Predict

"Follow My Lead" will be a hit.