Author Topic: What are your guys favorite Rock songs ever?  (Read 5938 times)

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: What are your guys favorite Rock songs ever?
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2007, 12:43:15 AM »
by rock do you mean all ''rock'' genre like metal,punk,hardcore and industrial...oh well i'll add them
(lately i've been on some heavy rock shit)

Killswitch Engage - End Of Hearthache

Bad Brain - Sailin' on

Ministrry - jesus built my hot rod

30 Seconds To Mars - Attack

Nine Inch Nails - The perfect drug

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2007, 01:48:12 AM »
wow i got like 2,000 cd's so there's no way i'd be able to list all that lol.

so here's my most played rock songs on my ipod

-master of puppets- metallica
-one-metallica
-walk-pantera
-love song- 311
-for whom the bell tolls-metallica
-fade to black-metallica
-closer- Nine inch nails
-purple rain- prince
-mouth for war-pantera
-domination-pantera
-under the bridge- the red hot chili peppers
-i wont' see you tonight part 1. - avenged sevenfold
-only god knows why-kid rock
-bat country - avenged sevenfold
-the art of shredding- pantera
-this love- pantera
-seek and destroy-metallica
-angel of death- slayer
-cemetary gates-pantera
-more than words-extreme
-stairway to heaven-led zepellin
-head like a hole- nine inch nails
- battery- metallica
-ten seconds to love- motley crue
-diary of a madman- ozzy
-sanitarium-metallica
- the call of ktulu-metallica
- enter sandman-metallica
-blackened-metallica
-nothing else matters- metallica
-floods- pantera
-the beast and the harlot- avenged sevenfold
-the hand that feeds-nine inch nails
-free bird- lynyrd skynyrd
-knock em dead kid-motley crue
-basket case- greenday
- god bless the children of the beast-motley crue
- the beautiful ones-prince
-holier than though- metallica
-cowboys from hell- pantera
- too young to fall in love- motley crue
- yesturday don't mean shit-pantera
- the number of the beast- iron maiden
-hallowed be thy name- iron maiden
-2 minutes to midnight- iron maiden
- am i evil- metallica
-orion -metllica
-creeping death- metallica
-the looks that kill- motley crue
-red hot- motley crue
-comfortably numb- pink floyd
-eruption-van halen
-blvd of broken dreams- greenday
-thunderystruck- ac dc
- gimme shelter- the rolling stones
-born to be a hick-kid rock
-paranoid- black sabbath
-good riddance- greenday
-frayed ends of sanity-metallica
- march of the pigs- nine inch nails
- revolution is my name- pantera
- wish you were here- pink floyd
- te quiero puta- rammstein
-hot for teacher-van halen
- shoot to thrill- ac dc
-highway to hell- ac dc
-four horsemen- metallica
-disposable heros- metallica
-hurt- nine inch nails
-lets go crazy- prince
-broken- seether
-pawn shop- sublime
-love you to death-type o negative
-panama- van halen
-ain't talking about love- van halen
- hotel california- the eagles
- turn the page- metallica
-whiplash-metallica
-no remorse- metallica
-the unforgiven-metallica
-jesus built my hotrod- ministry
- i'm broken- pantera
-fucking hostile- pantera
-hollow- pantera
-the trooper- iron maiden
-it's on- korn
- dyers eve- metallica
- blitzkrieg- metallica
- a new level- pantera
- live in a hole- pantera
-seize the day- avenged sevenfold

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2007, 02:47:22 AM »
JESUS BUILT MY CAR,IT'S A LOVE AFFAIR!MAINLY JESUS IN MY HOTROD,YEAH FUCK IT...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2007, 07:42:10 AM »
incubus - pardon me
manfred mann - blinded by the light
don mclean - american pie

good ones.

what was that movie that just recently used 'blinded by the light'?

and where is infinite based again?

-T

Not very common to hear Springsteen songs in movies (in big budget movies anyway). He's very picky about his exposure, but in the last decade Running With Scissors and Blow both used Blinded By The Light.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2007, 08:57:24 AM »
I am reading above and how can someone not like the Sgt. Pepper's album? That album is some insane shit...

i didnt really like it... :-\

but i did love nearly everythin else they dun....***goes off and bumps Let It Be***

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2007, 09:07:51 AM »

Many have already been said but..

Oasis - Live Forever, Acquiesce & Whats The Story - listened to these tunes so many times in the past and still have the same effect as when i first heard them
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah - perhaps the finest cover under All Along The Watchtower
The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows & A Day In The Life - both are way ahead of their time
Rage Against The Machine - Know Your Enemy - a pissed off Rage at their finest
The Clash - (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais - shows their diversity beyond just another punk band
Radiohead - hard to pick one song, so see The Bends or Kid A
Muse - "x" off Origin Of Symmetry - their Wembley show highlighted to me they're one of the best live acts today

Others..
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
David Bowie - Life On Mars
Pearl Jam - Alive
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Beck - Fuckin With My Head
The Strokes - Last Night
The Doors - Soul Kitchen
The Pixies - Where Is My Mind
Arcade Fire - Wake Up
Sublime - What I Got
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
The Jam - That's Entertainment

etc
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

everlast1986

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2007, 09:58:12 AM »
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah - perhaps the finest cover under All Along The Watchtower

I meant to mention that one too. Nobody has ever done a Leonard Cohen song better than Leonard Cohen but that version blew me away when i first heard it. "Suzanne", "So Long Marianne", "Famous Blue Raincoat", "First We Take Manhattan, and "Everybody Knows" are incredibly dope Leonard Cohen songs.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2007, 10:00:22 AM »

Many have already been said but..

Oasis - Live Forever, Acquiesce & Whats The Story - listened to these tunes so many times in the past and still have the same effect as when i first heard them
The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows & A Day In The Life - both are way ahead of their time
Rage Against The Machine - Know Your Enemy - a pissed off Rage at their finest
The Clash - (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais - shows their diversity beyond just another punk band
Radiohead - hard to pick one song, so see The Bends or Kid A
Muse - "x" off Origin Of Symmetry - their Wembley show highlighted to me they're one of the best live acts today

Others..
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
David Bowie - Life On Mars
Pearl Jam - Alive
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Beck - Fuckin With My Head
The Strokes - Last Night
The Doors - Soul Kitchen
The Pixies - Where Is My Mind
Arcade Fire - Wake Up
Sublime - What I Got
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
The Jam - That's Entertainment

etc

you like dope shit. beck, oasis, and Jeff Buckley are all amazing.

also Styles: Infinite never even HEARD sgt pepper.

didn't know 'blinded' was springsteen.

and as far as afternoon delight, it is a silly song and it's not a fave or anything but it's

a)funny
b)awesome before or after some poon, which is funny

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »
I am reading above and how can someone not like the Sgt. Pepper's album? That album is some insane shit...

but i did love nearly everythin else they dun....***goes off and bumps Let It Be***

Sgt Peppers is difficult to just jump right into. A lot of its greatness comes from its originality. It was a collection of sounds that were unheard by most rock listeners. It's like giving something like The Breaks to modetn hip hop fan. It just won't mean as much as it did when it was first heard in the music environment it was a heard. When rock and roll first came up in the late 40s and early 50s it sounded dangerous. Does it sound so dangerous now? When Link Wray released Rumble in the late 50s with a distorted guitar sound it was abbrasive and violent. Hearing it compared to metal it sounds tame.

The other thing with Peppers is you have to already have an appreciation for psychadelia. Illmatic is a bunch of stupid noise to someone that doesn't like hip hop, and it's nothing special to most people that only listen to modern day south rap. It's a matter of taste and every taste can be aquired, it's just a matter of whether you want to aquire it. There are many sounds I've never aquired and many I probaby never will, but there are always people that like those sounds and like them for good reasons.

And to whover said the Beatles were the N'Sync of the 60s; that's among the stupidest things I've ever heard. The Moknees maybe, but the Beatles turned music upside down and changed it forever. How albums are made, how sounds are discovered, how songs are crafted, how songwriters are respected as artists. The Beatles played major roles in chaning the world's view on all of that. Saying the Beatles were just the 60s N'Sync is like saying Rakim was just an 80s Lil' Bow Wow.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2007, 10:10:31 AM »

Sgt Peppers is difficult to just jump right into. A lot of its greatness comes from its originality. It was a collection of sounds that were unheard by most rock listeners. It's like giving something like The Breaks to modetn hip hop fan. It just won't mean as much as it did when it was first heard in the music environment it was a heard. When rock and roll first came up in the late 40s and early 50s it sounded dangerous. Does it sound so dangerous now? When Link Wray released Rumble in the late 50s with a distorted guitar sound it was abbrasive and violent. Hearing it compared to metal it sounds tame.

The other thing with Peppers is you have to already have an appreciation for psychadelia. Illmatic is a bunch of stupid noise to someone that doesn't like hip hop, and it's nothing special to most people that only listen to modern day south rap. It's a matter of taste and every taste can be aquired, it's just a matter of whether you want to aquire it. There are many sounds I've never aquired and many I probaby never will, but there are always people that like those sounds and like them for good reasons.

And to whover said the Beatles were the N'Sync of the 60s; that's among the stupidest things I've ever heard. The Moknees maybe, but the Beatles turned music upside down and changed it forever. How albums are made, how sounds are discovered, how songs are crafted, how songwriters are respected as artists. The Beatles played major roles in chaning the world's view on all of that. Saying the Beatles were just the 60s N'Sync is like saying Rakim was just an 80s Lil' Bow Wow.

word, preach

only thing I disagree with is sgt.pepper. I think it still sounds just as fresh and accessible. Songs like 'getting better', 'with a little help...' are still accessible as shit. The opening track and outro are fucking bangers. A day in the life is still gorgeous. Lovely rita's drums and piano bang to high heaven. Fixing a hole, mr.kite, and within without are kinda denser to get into but still very dope. Hell even LSD is a pretty accessible song.

When I bought Curtis Mayfield's 'superfly' the essay in the liner notes said 'superfly' was the black sgt.pepper. I can see that, probably the best way to put it.

yeah anyone who hasn't heard sgt.pepper....that's like not knowing Z from the alphabet you know? not just the record but the packaging and the cover art and all that, it's an amazing artistic achievement.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2007, 10:12:31 AM »
there are "out there" moments on the album, but to me there are songs that any rock fan can enjoy....

but you have some good points there...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2007, 10:15:36 AM »
there are "out there" moments on the album, but to me there are songs that any rock fan can enjoy....

but you have some good points there...

exactly, thanks +1

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2007, 01:41:13 PM »

word, preach

only thing I disagree with is sgt.pepper. I think it still sounds just as fresh and accessible. Songs like 'getting better', 'with a little help...' are still accessible as shit. The opening track and outro are fucking bangers. A day in the life is still gorgeous. Lovely rita's drums and piano bang to high heaven. Fixing a hole, mr.kite, and within without are kinda denser to get into but still very dope. Hell even LSD is a pretty accessible song.

When I bought Curtis Mayfield's 'superfly' the essay in the liner notes said 'superfly' was the black sgt.pepper. I can see that, probably the best way to put it.

yeah anyone who hasn't heard sgt.pepper....that's like not knowing Z from the alphabet you know? not just the record but the packaging and the cover art and all that, it's an amazing artistic achievement.

-T

I still love the album don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to say it was worn out. I still think Little Richard and Link Wray's Rumble are amazing. I just mean that Sgt. Peppers was damn near mind blowing when it came out. It just can't have the same effect on people now because people grow up already hearing the influences of Sgt. Peppers. Historically you can discover it and say "wow this is where that came from" but it's so hard to say "oh my God I can't believe my ears" the same way people would have said in in the mid 60s.

Also, Blinded By The Light was actually Springsteen's first single for Sony after he was signed in '72. It came out in '73. His manager owned his masters at the time and Springsteen didn't even know it was given to Manfred Mann. But he's usually good with covers. I've never heard of him not letting a fellow artist cover his work. Later on he fought with his manager and Sony to get his masters back.

Anyway here's the single;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s205k9

Here's a 10 minute jam version from a '74 bootleg (very funk-like)

http://www.savefile.com/files/272162

Here's a more conventional version from a '76 bootleg

http://www.mediafire.com/?7zjm0iw4zjm

And here is a couple of version of the remix he played live in 2006

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7gkggn (bootleg from London)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3tvpkp (officialy released recorded in Dublin)

And here's "Louie, Louie" by The Sonics (because it fucking rocks!)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1t7blv

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2007, 02:02:04 PM »

nice post man

i do enjoy psychadelia but nt quite on this album...i mean Pink Floyds first LP >>> sgt pepper for me....

it may have been original and what not but it jus didnt reli appeal 2 me...

but all this talk about it has gotten me to take the 12" and put it on :D

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2007, 02:03:38 PM »
I just mean that Sgt. Peppers was damn near mind blowing when it came out. It just can't have the same effect on people now because people grow up already hearing the influences of Sgt. Peppers.

thats probably exactly the problem lol

PS
soz bout tht double post i didnt see the last post....