Author Topic: Wyclef Jean:The Carnival II: Memoirs Of An Immigrant (new album)  (Read 757 times)

Elano

Wyclef Jean:The Carnival II: Memoirs Of An Immigrant (new album)
« on: September 02, 2007, 04:42:31 AM »
Founding Fugees member Wyclef Jean has returned to his former recording home Columbia Records and is putting the finishing touches on his fifth solo LP The Carnival II: Memoirs Of An Immigrant

The album, which is Clef's fifth solo set, is slated for a fall release and will be his first full-length album for the label since 2002's Masquerade. The disc's first single, "Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill)" featuring Akon, Lil' Wayne and Niia, was released earlier this month and has been gaining momentum for the album which Clef calls "a continuation of 'Gone 'Til November.'"

"I focus a lot on the songwriting," said Clef via a statement, who also produced the entire new album alongside long-time partner and cousin, Jerry "Wonda" Duplessis. In addition to a healthy dose of Clef's production, the album will also feature a diverse list of collaborators including Paul Simon , Mary J. Blige, T.I., Norah Jones, Akon, Serj Tankian ( System Of A Down), Lil' Wayne, and Shakira, among others

As SOHH previously reported, T.I. will be executing producing the upcoming project.

"It was definitely an honor," T.I. told SOHH. "I'm pleased to be involved. The album is outrageous. It's out of here. It's better than the last one. I think it's more of an infusion of one side of the urban market and the worldly market."

No release date for The Carnival II: Memoirs Of An Immigrant was given at press time.

Blu Lacez

Re: Wyclef Jean:The Carnival II: Memoirs Of An Immigrant (new album)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 04:47:31 AM »
Cool..will be on the look out for thi album!!

don't mean to distract this thread..but i heard Drag-On has a new album out anyboy heard that?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 06:49:07 AM »
the carnival was one of the albums that got me into hip hop, i doubt it will be as good but you never know.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 11:48:03 PM »
The first single from this album can't be compared to the amazing "gone til november"

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 12:39:12 AM »
i am glad he's coming back but "Part 2's" never works, but yeah hopefully he'll be reppin Haiti like he usually does!!!

Elano

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 06:48:58 PM »
Originally expected Nov. 6, Wyclef Jean's new album, "Carnival II: Memoirs of an Immigrant," will now arrive Dec. 4 via Columbia. A host of high-profile guests appear, including Paul Simon, Norah Jones, will.i.am, Mary J. Blige, T.I. and System Of A Down's Serj Tankian.

"I always write music first and then I see who will fit perfectly. I don't know who will be on it until the very end," Jean tells Billboard.com. "I've got T.I. rhyming against acoustic guitars. I have Paul Simon on a dark hip-hop beat. I have Chamillionaire against a Bollywood orchestra. I'm just influenced by different songs and beats in the world."

The first single is "Sweetest Thing" and features Akon, T.I. and newcomer Niia. Other tracks include "Selena," a tribute to the late Mexican-American singer of the same name, on which Jean samples her hit single "Bidi Bidi Bom Bom"; "Riot" featuring Tankian and reggae artist Sizzla ("This is the only record I'm straight up rhyming on," says Wyclef); and "Slow Down" featuring T.I., which is in contention to be the next single.

"This track is about everything you see in the world now: Jena 6, Katrina, the war, the Crips, the Bloods, the Latin Kings," he says.

One artist fans can be certain won't be featured on the album is former Fugees member Lauryn Hill, about whom Jean has been recently quoted as saying "needs psychiatric help." "Who is that?" he replies when asked about the current status of their relationship. "I haven't spoken to her at all."

With the purchase of each CD, fans will automatically be entered in a raffle to win one of Jean's cars -- a $500,000 1932 Zebra. "I want to give back to those who helped me get rich," Jean says enthusiastically.

Jean, who is scheduled to work with Lil Wayne in the coming weeks, plans on embarking on an international promotional tour starting in January.

everlast1986

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 07:10:21 PM »
including Paul Simon, System Of A Down's Serj Tankian.

:o

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 07:44:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure T.I. ain't on sweetest thing :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Jome

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 08:32:47 AM »
I have Chamillionaire against a Bollywood orchestra. I'm just influenced by different songs and beats in the world.

What a shame, the OG was dope, but the speeded up Bollywood version is  :-\

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 09:54:14 AM »
i never liked dude,and i hated the fugees but wyclef been growin on me. the guest list looks crazy too. imma cop

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 04:40:28 PM »
yo is that song "run" wit chamillionaire gon be on this? that song was tighttt  8)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 01:17:04 AM »
yo is that song "run" wit chamillionaire gon be on this? that song was tighttt  8)

shit. been waitin for that one forever...song bangs

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Jome

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 04:47:11 AM »

shit. been waitin for that one forever...song bangs

Not in its original form, but in a speeded up Bollywood inspired version, now called "Bollywood to Hollywood".

Tracklist:

1 Intro
2 Riot feat. Serj Tankian
3 Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill) feat. Akon, Lil’ Wayne & Niia
4 Welcome to the East feat. Farrakhan & Sizzla
5 Slow Down feat. T.I.
6 King and Queen feat. Shakira
7 Fast Car feat. Paul Simon
8 What About The Baby feat. Mary J. Blige
9 Bollywood to Hollywood (Immigration) feat. Chamillionaire
10 Any Other Day feat. Norah Jones
11 Heaven’s In New York
12 Selena
13 Touch A Button / Carnival Jam feat. Will.i.am
14 Outro

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 07:24:34 AM »
Tracklist:

1 Intro
2 Riot feat. Serj Tankian
3 Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill) feat. Akon, Lil’ Wayne & Niia
4 Welcome to the East feat. Farrakhan & Sizzla
5 Slow Down feat. T.I.
6 King and Queen feat. Shakira
7 Fast Car feat. Paul Simon
8 What About The Baby feat. Mary J. Blige
9 Bollywood to Hollywood (Immigration) feat. Chamillionaire
10 Any Other Day feat. Norah Jones
11 Heaven’s In New York
12 Selena
13 Touch A Button / Carnival Jam feat. Will.i.am
14 Outro

props
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 08:09:12 AM »
good news mayne!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM