Author Topic: Where would you rate eminem  (Read 1311 times)

BigSmoke

• Lil Geezy
Where would you rate eminem
« on: September 02, 2007, 10:47:46 AM »
My buddy and i have got into endless arguments over the fact that he thinks eminem is the greatest rapper ever, and his ryhmes are so amazing, ive tried telling him how eminem doesnt even compare to some of the pioneers, but he just doesnt seem to get it?...what would say about that?
"Hunnies play me close, like butter play toast" The Notorious B.I.G.

"either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's goin' on in the hood." Doughboy

Elevz

Re: Where would you rate eminem
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 11:03:30 AM »
What does he not seem to get? The fact that Eminem was one of the greatest lyricists in the history of hip-hop, but that he can't seem to be able to find the drive to make one decent song these days, let alone a whole album of 'em?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 11:04:54 AM »
If Eminem was shot shortly after 8Mile and GRODT, shit would be hella different now son.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:07:58 AM »
If Eminem was shot shortly after 8Mile and GRODT, shit would be hella different now son.

LOL LOL! i agree tho...right after that he went down...the eminem show was lik ehhhhh, and encore will not be talked about  :grumpy:...the shady and marshall lp's put him in discussions of greatness, but as of late...hes showed a wack side of him. which is fucking discusting!

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 11:09:22 AM »
Which Eminem are we talking about? The current one that goes to rehab for Tylenol PM or the one that died of throat cancer in 2003?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 11:09:44 AM »

LOL LOL! i agree tho...right after that he went down...the eminem show was lik ehhhhh, and encore will not be talked about  :grumpy:...

You're aware that The Eminem Show came out before 8 Mile, right.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 11:12:52 AM »
just because he has made sub-standard stuff doesn't take away from his legacy....

nobody stays on top forever.... Run-DMC is one of the greatest groups ever but they fell off with Tougher Than Leather & Back From Hell. That doesn't take away from their first album, King of Rock and Raising Hell albums though.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 11:14:27 AM »

LOL LOL! i agree tho...right after that he went down...the eminem show was lik ehhhhh, and encore will not be talked about  :grumpy:...

wow ur right my bad...but it was around the same time...and still the eminem show was not nearly on the same level as the shady or marshall lp's

Elevz

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 11:18:33 AM »

wow ur right my bad...but it was around the same time...and still the eminem show was not nearly on the same level as the shady or marshall lp's

Well, personally I think The Eminem Show might be Eminem's best album from a lyrical point of view. However his topics were boring most of the time and the production was getting lame. It could have been a 5/5 classic, had Eminem had the proper environment and backing. Dude was in shape back then.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 11:22:58 AM »

Well, personally I think The Eminem Show might be Eminem's best album from a lyrical point of view. However his topics were boring most of the time and the production was getting lame. It could have been a 5/5 classic, had Eminem had the proper environment and backing. Dude was in shape back then.

it wasnt a bad cd...id still give a 4/5...but his lp's were easy 5/5 classics  8)

Paul

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 11:27:00 AM »
his first two albums were of the highest order, since then he seem to be decreasing with the quality of music hes putting out
funkyfreshintheflesh

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 12:08:09 PM »
Which Eminem are we talking about? The current one that goes to rehab for Tylenol PM or the one that died of throat cancer in 2003?

???????

Throat cancer? lol

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 12:11:14 PM »
just because he has made sub-standard stuff doesn't take away from his legacy....

nobody stays on top forever.... Run-DMC is one of the greatest groups ever but they fell off with Tougher Than Leather & Back From Hell. That doesn't take away from their first album, King of Rock and Raising Hell albums though.
Yeah, but they make horrible song like Puke, Without Me, Ass Like That, Just Lose It, Fack, Shake That. That last being the best of those.

kemizt

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 12:13:45 PM »

Yeah, but they make horrible song like Puke, Without Me, Ass Like That, Just Lose It, Fack, Shake That. That last being the best of those.

well puke yea...kim was 10000000000000 times better lol...but u didnt lik without me? that song was pretty fuckin good

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 12:15:47 PM »
his first two albums were of the highest order, since then he seem to be decreasing with the quality of music hes putting out

True. Although the 8 Mile stuff was excellent - among his best ever in fact. But it's unbelievable that the same dude put out stuff like the 8 Mile stuff and both the "LP's" - and then stuff like Encore and whatever he's done ever since. Off the top of my head I can think of two tracks that he shined on since falling off - "Never Enough" and "There They Go". Some cuts have been of the "meh" variety, and the rest - the majority - have been wack as fuck.

He's gotta put out something stellar to redeem himself.