Author Topic: Where would you rate eminem  (Read 1316 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Where would you rate eminem
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 12:53:12 PM »
just because he has made sub-standard stuff doesn't take away from his legacy....

nobody stays on top forever.... Run-DMC is one of the greatest groups ever but they fell off with Tougher Than Leather & Back From Hell. That doesn't take away from their first album, King of Rock and Raising Hell albums though.
Yeah, but they make horrible song like Puke, Without Me, Ass Like That, Just Lose It, Fack, Shake That. That last being the best of those.

no... but then again Em never said a rhyme like "If you're lookin for a car, I will buy you two
And if you're lookin for a pet, I'll buy a kangaroo".... and if he made a song like Mary, Mary you guys would shred him to pieces for that...

his wack stuff doesn't take away from his earlier accomplishments..... at one time he was on top of the entire rap game and he deserves credit for that... does he deserve to be bashed for his wack stuff too? sure.... but he was on top at one point...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 01:00:16 PM »
just because he has made sub-standard stuff doesn't take away from his legacy....

nobody stays on top forever.... Run-DMC is one of the greatest groups ever but they fell off with Tougher Than Leather & Back From Hell. That doesn't take away from their first album, King of Rock and Raising Hell albums though.
Yeah, but they make horrible song like Puke, Without Me, Ass Like That, Just Lose It, Fack, Shake That. That last being the best of those.

no... but then again Em never said a rhyme like "If you're lookin for a car, I will buy you two
And if you're lookin for a pet, I'll buy a kangaroo".... and if he made a song like Mary, Mary you guys would shred him to pieces for that...

his wack stuff doesn't take away from his earlier accomplishments..... at one time he was on top of the entire rap game and he deserves credit for that... does he deserve to be bashed for his wack stuff too? sure.... but he was on top at one point...

eminem is one of my favs.. and i love most of his work. and he was on top at one time. but if you wanna talk about greatest rapper of all time, then consistancy has to factor in. not saying he has to top his lp's. but id lik to see this "king mathers" be better than encore and at the same level or better than the eminem show

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 01:14:39 PM »
the greatest of all time? no... one of the greatests of his time in his prime? absolutely.... Big Daddy Kane is remembered by many as one of the best rappers because people remember his stuff like Raw... however...he had his Prince of Darkness album that sucked really really bad too... especially that wack ass duet with Barry White... and that really corny song with Spinderella....

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 01:18:11 PM »
the greatest of all time? no... one of the greatests of his time in his prime? absolutely

co-sign

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 01:28:34 PM »
the greatest of all time? no... one of the greatests of his time in his prime? absolutely

co-sign

Yeah he also was kinda first of hs kind to truly break out. I mean i know Vanilla, MArky MArk and some others came before him but is was realy him who broke thru as a white rapper, even today there's not even that many that are big. I think he helped hip hop grow in a sense that there's a lot more white people in hip hop I.E J.T is always doing his thing with hip hop acts now.

As far as strcily M.c Some of his earlier stuff is pure genius/classic. So if you put all this togther he;s one of the greatest of all time for sure probably in top 5 if not at least 10.

Not one of my personal favs but still.

Also you gotta rememebr the game has grown since Krs, Rakim KOol g rap, NAs, CUbe these dudes remain great but juts like these guys been outclassed and outmatched someone will outmatch the new generation too.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 01:31:46 PM »

co-sign

Yeah he also was kinda first of hs kind to truly break out. I mean i know Vanilla, MArky MArk and some others came before him but is was realy him who broke thru as a white rapper, even today there's not even that many that are big. I think he helped hip hop grow in a sense that there's a lot more white people in hip hop I.E J.T is always doing his thing with hip hop acts now.

As far as strcily M.c Some of his earlier stuff is pure genius/classic. So if you put all this togther he;s one of the greatest of all time for sure probably in top 5 if not at least 10.

co-sign that too  8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 01:35:18 PM »

Haha, that rhyme was much better than any lines in Fack, Puke, Ass Like That - Have u ever listened to those songs ?
Yeah, I give Eminem credit for his earlier stuff,  but he got so much potential. I listened to The Way I Am the other day, and damn I wish Em still wrote and flowed like that. But I guess all that fucking money he got after awhile done did it

kemizt

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2007, 01:37:04 PM »

Haha, that rhyme was much better than any lines in Fack, Puke, Ass Like That - Have u ever listened to those songs ?
Yeah, I give Eminem credit for his earlier stuff,  but he got so much potential. I listened to The Way I Am the other day, and damn I wish Em still wrote and flowed like that. But I guess all that fucking money he got after awhile done did it

it was rehab that killed the beast lol

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2007, 01:40:40 PM »
Of course I haven't listened to those songs.... but that Run line remains one of the most retarded lines out of any rap song... buying a fucking Kangaroo for a girl that you are trying to romance? I love Run DMC but that doesn't let me be unbiased.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 01:44:07 PM »
Of course I haven't listened to those songs.... but that Run line remains one of the most retarded lines out of any rap song... buying a fucking Kangaroo for a girl that you are trying to romance? I love Run DMC but that doesn't let me be unbiased.

What!? U haven't heard those tracks I listed ?

kemizt

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 01:45:56 PM »
As far as songwriting skills go, "Encore" is the best hiphop album ever.

Every word on that album hits the beat, I'm not talkin' 'bout lyrics, but just writing songs, y'all go try to write on beat like how Eminem did it on that album, that shit is damn near impossible but he did it.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2007, 01:47:01 PM »
Yes... I have... the Kangaroo line beats it... Bring a fuckin' Kangaroo to your girlfriend's house and see if she fucks you...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2007, 01:47:36 PM »
As far as songwriting skills go, "Encore" is the best hiphop album ever.

can u run that by me again?  ???

Elevz

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 02:04:11 PM »
I think kangaroos are cute  :D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2007, 02:04:53 PM »