Author Topic: Where would you rate eminem  (Read 1305 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Where would you rate eminem
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2007, 07:53:45 AM »
Lol@that nonsense.

Do you ever really have anything to say? Blah blah, fuck religion. Blah blah blah you're arrogant, blah bah blah blah.

What is the non sense? It doesn't make any sense to not pre-judge somene's ability. Am I supposed to assume how well Jay Z could write worded melody, or how good Cole Porter could have written rap. You made assumptions about whatI had written so I cleared them up for you. Instead of responding with your thoughts you just leave it to one word attempted insults.

Mayne, you started with the insults, so I was like fuck it. And still, the thing is, Eminem and Nelly still rap, they don't sing. It's still rapping, so if they have a sort of melody that fits the beat in their raps, that's a bonus and not a "horrible attempt and songwriting"... when that Dargaine dude was like "every word hits the beat", coming up with "Cole Porter does that 1000x better" is not a natural reaction.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2007, 02:37:56 PM »
Lol@that nonsense.

Do you ever really have anything to say? Blah blah, fuck religion. Blah blah blah you're arrogant, blah bah blah blah.

What is the non sense? It doesn't make any sense to not pre-judge somene's ability. Am I supposed to assume how well Jay Z could write worded melody, or how good Cole Porter could have written rap. You made assumptions about whatI had written so I cleared them up for you. Instead of responding with your thoughts you just leave it to one word attempted insults.

Mayne, you started with the insults, so I was like fuck it. And still, the thing is, Eminem and Nelly still rap, they don't sing. It's still rapping, so if they have a sort of melody that fits the beat in their raps, that's a bonus and not a "horrible attempt and songwriting"... when that Dargaine dude was like "every word hits the beat", coming up with "Cole Porter does that 1000x better" is not a natural reaction.

What insults? You completely missed my point a couple times. I didn't want to think you were an idiot so I figured maybe it was the language. I speak Greek; read, and write it. But if I were in a debate in Greek I'd probably miss a lot of points or confuse the meaning. The guy brought up "song writing" so I brought up great "song" "writers". This isn't about rapping, delivery, rhyme skills, etc. It was about song writing, and in song writing Eminem, based on Encore, sucks. As a rap record Encore sucks. It's a bad record, from the lyrics, to flow, to rhyming, to delivery, to the "song writing". And this is coming from a guy that thinks The Eminem Show may be the best records of the decade so far, and certainly one of the best. Great lyrics, great flow, great delivery, gret rhyming, and a great music to establish the meaning of the songs. That being said, as great as the album was, the song writing sucked, like on "Hailie's Song".

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2007, 02:52:26 PM »
Oh boy. Don't you bore yourself?
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2007, 03:11:50 PM »
Oh boy. Don't you bore yourself?

Sorry. I should have figured it out sooner. I've always known that I'm one of the few on this forum to actually admit when I'm wrong rather than just ignore the thread after I've been shown to be wrong. I guess it takes a while to figure out how other people admit they were wrong. Guys like Infinite and Trauma pretend the debate never happened. I guess you just make stupid remarks in jest. If you've got nothing to say then you don't have to say anything. Of course it's not the end of the world to say "sorry Peter I misinterpreted your thoughts on song writing with what I perceived as another attack on hip hop. Music isn't a big enough part of my life to explore new sounds and styles and I like just hip hop and it offends me when people attack it and I attack back with out fully thinking about it".

P.S. Have you ever listened to It's Alright Ma by Bob Dylan? Just wondering what your thoughts on it were.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2007, 03:25:54 PM »
See, the difference between me and you is, I don't play insults and assumptions off as thoughtful concerns or something. The initial discussion ended when you got belligerent. From that point on, it went another into another direction, which was your choice, not mine. See, that Dargaine nigga hasn't talked just about the sung parts of Encore, I'm sure. If he has, then yes, I misinterpreted what was said. But so would you have. If your only point is that "rapping a verse" and "singing a song" is not the same, then I don't really know what to say, cause that is as obvious as is gets.
No, it's not a sin

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2007, 05:00:13 PM »
lol.... did you guys get it all out of your systems?
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2007, 07:46:07 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There is nothing in my system that needs getting out. 7even's the one with the chip on his shoulder.

See, the difference between me and you is, I don't play insults and assumptions off as thoughtful concerns or something. The initial discussion ended when you got belligerent. From that point on, it went another into another direction, which was your choice, not mine. See, that Dargaine nigga hasn't talked just about the sung parts of Encore, I'm sure. If he has, then yes, I misinterpreted what was said. But so would you have. If your only point is that "rapping a verse" and "singing a song" is not the same, then I don't really know what to say, cause that is as obvious as is gets.

Belligerent? Why because I wondered whether you understood my English? That wasn't an insult. You clearly had misinterpreted my "logic" as you called it. I tried to make it clear that Eminem is not a very good songwriter and writing raps and writing songs are often two completely different things. At times it can be both or what seems like a rap can be a song. For example what would you consider Walk This Way by Aerosmith? Rapping or singing? A lot of Encore isn't any more rapping than Walk This Way. He may not really be singing, but he is writing songs. Bob Dylan didn't really sing a lot of his songs but no one refers to him as rap. SSLP was straight rapping, and so was just about all of MMLP. Encore was singing for the most part, albeit badly, and Eminem Show and The Way Am the song were somewhere in the middle. Also, Tupac for a lot of his songs was somewhere in the middle. Just like Axl Rose on Welcome to the Jungle or HR from Bad Brains on I Against I are somewhere in the middle.

Sikotic™

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2007, 07:50:14 PM »
Damn it, another thread about Eminem ruined.

Someone start another one.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2007, 08:08:16 PM »
Eminem from 98 to 2003 was the greatest emcee on the planet.

Best rappers of all time...

1.  2pac
2.  Eminem
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2007, 08:22:47 PM »

Sorry. I'll stay out of the next one. Promise.

Sikotic™

« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2007, 08:41:50 PM »

+1

I appreciate that.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2007, 09:36:10 PM »

+1

I appreciate that.

Right back atcha. I had no idea so many Eminem threads were being ruined.

Doggystylin

« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2007, 01:31:50 PM »

+1

I appreciate that.

Right back atcha. I had no idea so many Eminem threads were being ruined.

yeah man, its a shame, it should be a dubcc crime

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2007, 08:18:07 AM »
top 5

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2007, 02:13:09 PM »
Eminem from 98 to 2003 was the greatest emcee on the planet.

Best rappers of all time...

1.  2pac
2.  Eminem

i think ima agree wit dat 8)