Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 23761 times)

Matty

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2007, 11:50:32 AM »
the n81 is another horrible nokia, let it be known!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2007, 03:17:43 PM »
OOOhhhhh Weeeeee I got some good news for you Tony!
Some good photoīs of N82 has leaked!

Nokia's N82 spotted, handled in the wild
http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/07/nokias-n82-spotted-handled-in-the-wild/

In the midst of all this Gphone hysteria, we won't fault you for forgetting about a Nokia candybar first noticed way back in May, but pictured above is the first (confirmed, at least) in the wild shot of the firm's 5MP-packin' N82. You heard right -- this handset sports a five-megapixel camera (complete with Carl Zeiss lens and a Xenon flash), WiFi, Bluetooth, integrated GPS, 3G connectivity, Nokia Music Store access and automatic screen rotation. Regrettably, there's still no word on a price / release date, but click on through for a couple more angles, and check out what the built-in camera can do in the read link.

From www.intomobile.com ;
If you’ve been waiting anxiously for the Nokia N82 to hit the ground running with its long, 5 megapixel, Carl-Zeiss legs, you’ll have to keep waiting a bit longer. But, we have some more pics of the N95’s candybar-sibling for you to drool over in the meantime (or not, we prefer the N95). Again, this thing’s packing the same serious guts (aside from the addition of the Xenon flash) as it’s sliding Nokia stablemate - integrated GPS, 3G (HSDPA), WiFi, 5 megapixel camera with Carl-Zeiss optics and Xenon flash, Bluetooth, access to Nokia’s Music Store, and automatic screen rotation (a la the “rotateme” accelerometer tweak on the N95). That’s right! Nokia’s given the N82 out-of-the-box screen rotation.
Nokia’s apparently gone official with its accelerometer support on the Nokia N82, so we’re wondering what their plans are for the Nokia N95’s accelerometer. Will Nokia release an update to leverage the built-in accelerometer to enable an official auto-rotate feature? Well, if they don’t, at least we have “rotateme.”
Head on over to Symbian-Freak to check out the full hands-on experience. Interesting footnote - they excuse the photo quality because all pics were taken with an N95. What?

Found some more images of N82,here you can see the size compared to N73 and E90
Just another SF exclusiveNokia N82 hands on!!!
http://symbian-freak.com/news/007/11/nokia_n82_hands_on.htm

As you may have already know, Nokia N82 is the long awaited Nokia camera phone, the first one that will features XENON flash and of course famous Carl Zeiss optic supported with the 5 mpx sensor.

Basically it has all you need, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB port, 3G and yes it features the GPS too!!! Just like all latest Nseries devices it features the N-Gage gaming platform (2 demo games available.. Fifa 07 and Asphalt 3) and the Music store as well which is currently Nokia N95 8GB and Nokia N81 exclusive.

Also there is an one very handy innovation, auto screen rotation is available and it is a bit different than the one in the iPhone. While the iPhone use screen rotation for few specific applications only, applications like the Safari, image viewer and the iPod, Nokia UI allows the rotation almost everywhere, from the main screen to the gaming.

The rotation is definitely smoother and looks better with the iPhone, actually to be precise with an iPhone you can actually see the rotation while the Nokia just switch from one to another mode without any kind of transition when rotating.

Same as with Nokia N81 there is shortcut key to new and pretty handy multimedia menu that allows fast access to videos, photos, music, games, etc.... .

What I really not like here is the microUSB port, it is mainly beacuse I got another cable to carry around. The good thing about new connector is fact that it can be used as a charger just like with the Luna 8600.

Even more "spy" photoīs have leaked of N82

These photoīs is a little better,,,,, so what do you think now?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 06:32:14 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

ToOoOoN!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2007, 03:47:58 PM »
props!!! i dont find the desing cool but i dont find it ugly...only the price will tell me now if i want 1 or no

Matty

« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2007, 06:27:22 AM »
yeah the n82 looks alright. the n81 feels like a really cheap piece of plastic though...

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2007, 04:12:28 AM »
props!!!
I dont find the design cool but I dont find it ugly... only the price will tell me now if i want 1 or no

I assume the price will be around 700-1000$ without contract.
You can't expect less for a top of the line model. I'm still waiting for a street date....
Well the design,hmmm the sad thing they have "copied" SE's "new" fucked up key pad.

the N81 is another horrible nokia, let it be known!

Ha,ha why is that?
It looks like a budget N95,that have itīs focus on games.

Yeah the N82 looks alright.
The N81 feels like a really cheap piece of plastic though...

I guess you get what you pay for,itīs a budget N95( 8GB) for "kids".
A multi media phone with focus on games and MP3.
The camera is crap and assume thereīs no "business" applications installed(?).
What about 8GB memory cards,have they hit retail yet?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 06:29:22 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

ToOoOoN!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #230 on: November 09, 2007, 12:44:47 PM »
it's ok i guess,nothing spectacular but it aint that ulgy either

ToOoOoN!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2007, 01:10:24 PM »

Iīm actually starting to feel it more and more,the silver put me a little of.
It might look better in black? But itīs a combination for me,features comes first then design.
The only thing that really put me off on this design is the small keys on the key pad.
I hate those on the new SE phoneīs and Nokia follow up on this design trend ainīt a good sign.
Iīm not a big fan of slider phones,but Nokia released their top dog as a slider first,so what choice did I have?
Now that the same features come in a classic candy bar design,I might cope that one.
The only thing that can hold me back is if I donīt feel comfortable with the key pad.

it will be cooler in black! i feel the same way as you,i like better the candy bar phones than the sliding phones but if i dont feel the keypad is good i might pass out on this

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #232 on: November 09, 2007, 01:11:31 PM »
Nokia N96 rumor
http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/2525/nokia-n96/

Last week we have had a meeting with Nokia at the Nokia Xperience Zone. Back then, Nokia already unveiled us that they will reveal some new mobile phones in November, some high quality photographic features would be included as well. In the meantime, various websites have spoken about a rumor on the new Nokia multimedia computer; the Nokia N96. We wouldn't be surprised if this rumor will be confirmed before the end of the year. According to the appeared specifications the Nokia N96 will feature a 6 megapixel Carl Zeiss lens, which was 5 megapixels on its predecessor the N95. Moreover the N96 would feature 3x optical zoom as well, which gives the user much more photography possibilities.

Nokia N96 10GB
The Nokia N95 has recently been updated with an 8GB version, according to the rumors, the new N96 multimedia computer would even be integrated with 10GB of internal memory! The Nokia N96 HSDPA will be further equipped with a 3,2 inch screen, WiFi, Bluetooth 2.0, Mini USB 2.0 and Infrared connectivity. A touch screen, joystick navigation and motion sensor wouldn't be missing either.

Unofficial Nokia N96 - Specifications

• Band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

• HSDPA / WCDMA 2100

• 3.2 inch full color toch screen with joystick navigation
• WiFi, Bluetooth 2.0, Mini USB 2.0 and infrared connectivity

• Full QWERTY keyboard

• Internal memory of 10 GB
• 6 Megapixel digital camera with Carl Zeiss

• Motion sensor and GPS

• 3x Optical zoom

• 3.5mm jack and 4 build-in speakers

• Digital TV / FM Radio

• Dimensions : 102.5 Ũ 56 Ũ 17.6 mm

• Weight : 115 grams

• Nokia N96 comes in two colors

Nokia N96 rumor
It sure looks like the Nokia N96 will be a very promising cell phone. As soon as we got a confirmation about this new high tech multimedia computer we will bring you the full story!

ToOoOoN!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #233 on: November 09, 2007, 01:16:36 PM »
do you think it's fake? it looks legit to me

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #234 on: November 09, 2007, 01:20:06 PM »

Iīm actually starting to feel it more and more,the silver put me a little of.
It might look better in black? But itīs a combination for me,features comes first then design.
The only thing that really put me off on this design is the small keys on the key pad.
I hate those on the new SE phoneīs and Nokia follow up on this design trend ainīt a good sign.
Iīm not a big fan of slider phones,but Nokia released their top dog as a slider first,so what choice did I have?
Now that the same features come in a classic candy bar design,I might cope that one.
The only thing that can hold me back is if I donīt feel comfortable with the key pad.

It will be cooler in black!
I feel the same way as you,I like better the candy bar phones than the sliding phones
but if i dont feel the keypad is good i might pass out on this

True,I donīt if you tried the key-pad on
SE W880

If itīs anything like that,then Iīll keep my slider a little longer,because their terrible to use in real life.

ToOoOoN!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #235 on: November 09, 2007, 01:22:19 PM »
the buttons are so small ! like you said if they are like that im keeping my phone!

ToOoOoN!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #236 on: November 09, 2007, 01:27:51 PM »

Nope,I think this one is legit.
But it looks kind of big donīt it?
10GB internal memory is pretty good,I donīt need more than 5MPX camera,so 6MPX donīt attract me.
This will be some kind of cross between N93 and E90 I think.

yeah it looks big! 10 gig is enough i think,dont think we need more on a phone!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2007, 01:42:42 PM »

Nope,I think this one is legit.
But it looks kind of big donīt it?
10GB internal memory is pretty good,I donīt need more than 5MPX camera,so 6MPX donīt attract me.
This will be some kind of cross between N93 and E90 I think.

yeah it looks big! 10 gig is enough i think,dont think we need more on a phone!

You can never get enough,but 10 GB internal is enough as long as I can expand with memory cards.
Damn,I have to delete albums from my 4GB card every time something new drops,so Iīm waiting to cope the 8GB card.
Maaaaatttttttyyyyyyy,has the 8GB hit retail yet?

ToOoOoN!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #238 on: November 09, 2007, 01:45:59 PM »
8gb card? now thats dope  8)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »

It should be on the way to the stores.....
Waiting for Matty to confirm.
Have you bought a 4GB card yet?

Matty

« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2007, 02:25:32 PM »
8gb?? you on about the N95 8gb or memory cards?

ToOoOoN!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2007, 02:33:03 PM »

It should be on the way to the stores.....
Waiting for Matty to confirm.
Have you bought a 4GB card yet?

not yet! but if the 8gb comes out in a couple of weeks i might wait for the 8gb

ToOoOoN!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2007, 04:05:58 PM »
The very first N82 video!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zw6P0GWHnxo&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Zw6P0GWHnxo&amp;rel</a>

cool video! cant wait to have one in my hands too see if i like it

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2007, 09:01:52 AM »
NEWS;

Doro mobile phone for elderly
http://www.intomobile.com/

While all of us at IntoMobile use smartphones and love ranting about them, sometimes we have to also add a post or two about low-end feature phones. One such device which is extremely easy to use and lacks sooo many features is HandlePlus 324gsm.

The work of Swedish manufacturer Doro is primarily designed for elderly who actually don’t need that many options. The device lacks any display but comes with a total of 7 large buttons, 5 of them programmable, a talk and an end-call button. Combined with a vibration alert, neck lanyard, built-in speakerphone and the low price of only Ģ85.10 (plus taxes) - makes the device a perfect choice for the senior citizens. One thing that bother us is a ridiculously bad battery life of just 3 hours of talk time. Weird, don’t you think?

HTC's Touch Cruise with GPS gets official
http://www.engadget.com/

HTC Touch Cruise (HTC Polaris) in action!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cfc8CllDk2U&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Cfc8CllDk2U&amp;rel</a>

HTC Touch Cruise VS Iphone The Microsoft VS Apple war will never end  :laugh:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uXzUMyKy2x4&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uXzUMyKy2x4&amp;rel</a>

HTC just went live with their Touch Cruise. "Touch" as in that TouchFLO interface, "Cruise" as in GPS-enabled. The third addition to HTC's Touch lineup packs HSDPA, WiFi, Bluetooth, a 3 megapixel camera, microSD expansion, and a 2.8-inch touch-screen lying on top of a Windows Mobile 6 foundation. Oh, and it's loaded with TomTom Navigator 6 software to make the most of that GPS receiver. Yup, everything mostly what we thought it would be. Available this month from European retailers or SIM-free direct from HTC.

Update: We're still digging but HTC was a bit unkind by not providing specific country launch information or supported radio bands. At the moment, this looks like Europe-only.

Google has just presented a new open mobile platform.
Theyīre even giving out money to the clever people that can come up with useful applications for the platform.

Android Demo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_avwGFsv60U&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_avwGFsv60U&amp;rel</a>

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 06:09:18 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2007, 01:01:22 PM »
Application update;

Symbian;
Review: Shazam iD, TrackID is no longer just a Sony Ericsson thing
http://www.intomobile.com/2007/11/11/review-shazam-id-trackid-is-no-longer-just-a-sony-ericsson-thing.html

f you have a Sony Ericsson device released in the past 2 years or so then you have a most awesome application on your device called TrackID. If you never used it before, here is what you’re missing out on: Once you open the TrackID application you can hold your phone up to a speaker playing a song and within a few seconds you have the name of the track, artist and album you’re currently listening to. This works with the radio as well so you don’t even have to take off your headphones in that situation.

I have long been an advocate that Nokia get off their ass and replicate this application for their S60 powered devices, but my complaints fell on deaf ears. That is until now.

Where did I find it?

I immediately went off on a quest to find this application,
but my efforts were thwarted once I reached
Shazam’s website.
http://www.shazam.com/music/portal/sp/s/media-type/html/user/anon/page/default/template/pages/p/shazam_id.html
Not only does this company fail to provide a URL for a SIS file, you have to be a UK resident and send a premium SMS to get a download URL. Who do I know in the UK? The folks over at All About Symbian! I sent an email to both Rafe and Steve asking if they could help me out with this review by giving me the download URL and they did without hesitation, thanks guys.

The link is
http://www.shazam.com/shazamid
and you have to visit it in your mobile web browser. This should make typing it out a lot less painful:

Let me convince you to download this!

Here is Shazam’s icon. I find it horrible, which is why I’m pointing it out, in hope that they change it in future versions:

The splash screen is the first image on the top of this post, here is what you see after that disappears:

When you click “Tag Now” the application automatically begins to record a short snippet of the audio currently playing. This takes around 5 seconds at best, I didn’t time it so don’t quote me on that:

After it is finished Shazam will ask you to connect to the internet, in this case I selected my provider, Kolumbus:

What is this young, single, mobile phone addict listening to? Rick Astley! The song name scrolls, artist name is right under that and the last line indicates the time when you clicked on “Tag Me.” One more thing, full album art! I’ll come back to what that 1/14 indicates:

When clicking on “Share it,” a text message entry dialog pops up allowing you to send an SMS to a friend who might like, laugh at, or hate this song:

RealTone doesn’t work for me, it just pulls up Shazam’s site, which is useless. Now what did that 1/14 indicate? MyMusic is a list of all the songs you identified. No clue as to the limit of items within that list. Yes I like Modern Talking, no I’m not gay:

Moving one tab over to “TagChart” you can see the most popular songs people are trying to identify:

That is all. A very simple application, it does 4 things: ID the song currently playing, list the songs you tagged, list the songs people are tagging the most and letting you share the name of that track with your friends.

Message to Nokia:
Clone this
Add the ability to “Download now via the Nokia Music Store”
Add the ability for me to identify songs currently playing on the radio
Let me see what songs my friends are tagging
Let me see what songs my country and other countries are tagging
Do it before Sony Ericsson does because they already have plans to implement everything I just said.

Update: A developer asked me if Shazam and TrackID poll the same database, they do, it is called Gracenote. I’ve also decided to throw in one more screenshot of some songs I had playing over my stereo:

http://www.shazam.com/music/portal/sp/s/media-type/html/user/anon/page/default/template/pages/p/shazam_id.html

The fully-featured, full-fat enhanced version of Shazam's world leading music recognition technology now available as a downloadable smart application for Symbian operating system handsets

(see list below for details of handsets Shazam iD will work on).

Full-resolution sensitivity - cuts through background noise to sample the tune.
Twice as fast - fingerprint is taken 'on device'.
Can be used even if there's no network connectivity - the sample is stored and can be sent later.
View cover art.
Check and manage your tag list direct from your handset.
Share your tags with friends.
See the latest weekly Tag Charts on your mobile.
Download it and try it for FREE today!
Text SMART to 80805
You get a text with a link to the download. Click on the link.
Shazam checks that your phone is compatible.
The application gets downloaded to the appropriate folder in your phone!
Open it and start experiencing the next level of music recognition.

(UK only service.)

Trial version is free to use for a limited term. Terms apply.
Tips for successful downloading.

Make sure your wap browser settings allow downloads.
Shazam iD works on the following handsets

(Symbian 3rd Edition Mobile Devices)

Nokia E50
Nokia E60
Nokia E61
Nokia E61i
Nokia E62
Nokia E65
Nokia E70
Nokia E90
Nokia N71
Nokia N73
Nokia N75
Nokia N76
Nokia N77
Nokia N80
Nokia N91
Nokia N92
Nokia N93
Nokia N93i
Nokia N95

Download link for Symbian;
http://www.shazam.com/shazamid

JAVA;
InetTools- Free TrackID for Java J2ME Mobile Phones: Record Song using Mic to Identify/Recognise Track, Artist & Music Album
http://thinkabdul.com/2007/09/06/inettools-free-trackid-for-java-j2me-mobile-phones-record-song-using-mic-to-identifyrecognise-track-artist-music-album/

InetTools has released a free TrackID application for Java J2ME capable and MIDP 2.0 compatible mobile devices such as Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Blackberry and Palm.

TrackID is a free service that allows you to capture and record any music, song or sound clip through the mobile phone’s microphone, compare it to online digital signatures on Gracenote, and recognise/identify the media’s track, artist, and album info. I have previously mentioned TrackID for Nokia S60 and TrackID for Windows Mobile devices. Now you can enjoy the same on any Java J2ME mobile device.

InetTools TrackID allows you to record a few seconds of a song using the mobile phone’s microphone and get the track, artist and album information within a few seconds.

Download TrackID for Java J2ME mobile phones here;
http://thinkabdul.com/2007/09/06/inettools-free-trackid-for-java-j2me-mobile-phones-record-song-using-mic-to-identifyrecognise-track-artist-music-album/

ToOoOoN!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2007, 07:00:18 PM »
the htc touch cruise looks nice  8) and i need to try out that application

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2007, 05:36:59 AM »
the htc touch cruise looks nice  8) and i need to try out that application

The one for Symbian was for UK residents only  >:(.
I installed the JAVA one,will try it out later thereīs a couple of joints I have taped from radio that I like to get a hold of.
So this should be a useful and fun application  :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 06:08:04 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2007, 09:57:21 AM »
Itīs official!!!!!!

Nokia N82 press photos leak
http://www.intomobile.com/
Disclosure: I’m currently writing this from a hotel room at the Crowne Plaza in Helsinki, provided for me by Nokia, because tomorrow a few bloggers are invited to an event. You can only guess what we’re going to be playing with.

More picture here on Nokia’s Official Press site.
http://www.nokia.com/A4136017?category=n82#
Update Again: In case Nokia decides to take down the pictures that they accidentally posted early (you never know) I’ve went ahead and mirrored them on intomobile
Flickr account here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/devilsrejection/sets/72157603138752088/

The very first N82 video!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zw6P0GWHnxo&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Zw6P0GWHnxo&amp;rel</a>

Technical specifications
http://europe.nokia.com/A4674003

Operating Frequency
WCDMA2100 (HSDPA), EGSM900, GSM850/1800/1900 MHz (EGPRS)
Automatic switching between bands and modes

Dimensions
Volume: 90 cc
Weight: 114 g
Length: 112 mm
Width: 50.2 mm
Thickness (max): 17.3 mm

Memory Functions
Up to 100MB internal dynamic memory*
for messages, ringing tones, images, video clips, calendar notes, to-do list and applications
Hot swappable microSD memory card slot

*Dynamic memory means that the available memory is shared between dynamic memory functions. When any of these functions is used, there is less available memory for other functions which are also dependent on dynamic memory.

Power Management
Battery: Nokia Battery (BP-6MT) 1050mAH
Talk time: up to 190 minutes (WCDMA),up to 260 minutes (GSM)
Stand-by time: up to 210 hours(WDCMA),up to 225 hours (GSM)
Still images: up to 290 pictures (with flash)
Video capture: up to 110 minutes (VGA, 30fps)
Video call: up to 120 minutes
Video playback time: up to 200 minutes (VGA, 30 fps)
Music playback time: up to 10 hours(offline mode)

*Operation times may vary depending on radio access technology used, operator network configuration and usage.

Display
2.4" LCD QVGA (240 x 320 pixels) TFT color display with up to 16.7 million colors

User Interface
Operating system: Symbian OS
User interface: S60 3rd edition, Feature Pack 1
Automatic screen rotation

Call Management
Logs: keeps lists of your dialed, received, and missed calls
Voice dialing (with Speaker independent name dialing (SIND)) and voice commands
Nokia Push to talk (PoC)

Messaging
E-mail (SMTP, IMAP4, POP3), MMS, SMS

Data Transfer*
WCDMA HSDPA 2100 MHz with simultaneous voice and packet data (PS max speed DL/UL= 3.6Mbps/384kbps, CS max speed 64kbps)
Dual Transfer Mode (DTM) support for simultaneous voice and packet data connection in GSM/EDGE networks. Simple class A, multi slot class 11, max speed DL/UL: 177.6/118.4 kbits/s
EGPRS class B, multi slot class 32, max speed DL/UL= 296 / 177.6 kbits/s
GPRS class B, multi slot class 32, max speed DL/UL= 107 / 64.2 kbits/s

*Actual achieved speeds may vary depending on network support.
Imaging

Imaging and video
Up to 5 megapixel (2592 x 1944 pixels) camera, Carl Zeiss Optics: Tessar™ lens, MPEG-4 VGA video capture of up to 30 fps
Direct connection to compatible TV via TV-out or wireless LAN/UPnP
Front camera, CIF (352 x 288 pixels) sensor for video telephony
Video call and video sharing support (WCDMA network services)
Integrated xenon flash
Slideshow from gallery
One-click upload of photos & videos to web
Nokia XpressPrint: direct printing via USB(PictBridge), Bluetooth connectivity (BPP), and WLAN (UPnP) or via online printing

Mobile Video
Video resolutions: up to VGA (640 x 480 pixels) at 30 fps
Recording indicator
Audio recording: AAC (AMR for MMS)
Digital video stabilization
Video file format .mp4 (default), .3gp (for MMS)
White balance, scene and color tone setting
Zoom: Digital up to 10x (VGA up to 4x)
Front camera: CIF (352 x 288 pixels) sensor for video telephony
On-device video editing

Mobile Photography
Image resolution: up to 5 megapixels (2592 x 1944 pixels)
Auto focus
Amber colored auto focus assist light and recording indicator
Still image file format: JPEG/EXIF
Auto exposure - center weighted
Exposure compensation: +2 ~ -2EV at 0.5 step
White balance: automatic, sunny, cloudy, incandescent, fluorescent
Scene: automatic, user, close-up, portrait, landscape, sports, night, night portrait
Color tone: normal, sepia, black & white, negative, vivid
Zoom: digital up to 20x (5 megapixel up to 6x)
Xenon flash
On-device photo editing

Camera Specifications
Sensor: CMOS, 5 megapixel (2592 x 1944)
Carl Zeiss Optics: Tessar™ lens
F number/Aperture: F2.8
Focal length 5.6 mm
Focus range 10 cm ~ infinity
Macro focus distance 10-50 cm
Music

Music Features
Digital music player - supports MP3/AAC/eAAC/eAAC+/WMA/M4A with playlists
OMA DRM 2.0/1.0 & WMDRM support for music
Integrated stereo hands-free speaker
Stereo FM radio (87.5-108MHz) with Visual Radio support
Nokia Stereo Headset HS-43 in-box
Bluetooth wireless technology 2.0 with A2DP Stereo audio

Video Features
Video player - supports MPEG4, AVC/H.264, H.264, H.263, RV
OMA DRM 2.0/1.0 & WMDRM support for video
Resolution: MPEG4 VGA @ up to 30 fps scaled to QVGA on device or VGA in TV-out mode
Transfer your videos from compatible PC: Windows Media Player, USB mass-storage file transfer or Nokia Nseries PC Suite using full-speed USB 2.0 connectivity

Video Center
Pre-configured video services and dynamic expansion with new services
Video podcasting: find, subscribe, download, view with mobile device

RealPlayer media player
Full-screen video playback to view downloaded, streamed or recorded video clips
Supported video formats: MPEG-4, H.264/AVC, H.263/3GPP, RealVideo 8/9/10

Navigation
Integrated Assisted Global Positioning System (A-GPS)
Pre-installed Nokia Maps application and free downloadable maps*

*The service is available free of charge, although any data transferred over the network will incur charges from your network operator. To check the availability and cost of the service, contact your network operator or service provider.

Easy-to-use e-mail client with attachment support for images, videos, music and documents
Compatible with Nokia Wireless Keyboard SU-8W (sold separately)

Browsing
Full web browser support (HTML)

Digital home
Play video, music and photos on home media network - compatible TV, stereo and PC over WLAN/UPnP

Other Applications
Personal Information Management (PIM)
Advanced S60 PIM features including calendar, contacts, to-do list and PIM printing
Settings Wizard for easy configuration of e-mail, push to talk and video sharing
Data transfer application for transfer of PIM information from other compatible Nokia devices.
WLAN wizard

Connectivity
Integrated wireless LAN (802.11 b/g) and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)
Bluetooth wireless technology with A2DP stereo audio
USB 2.0 via Micro USB interface and mass storage class support to support drag and drop functionality
3.5 mm stereo headphone plug(Nokia AV Connector)and TV out support (PAL/NTSC)
Nokia Nseries PC Suite connectivity with USB, and Bluetooth wireless technology
Local synchronization of contacts and calendar to a compatible PC using compatible connection
Remote over-the-air synchronization
Send and receive images, video clips, graphics, and business cards via Bluetooth wireless technology

Standard Sales Package Contents*
Nokia N82
Nokia Battery BP-6MT
Nokia Travel Charger AC-5
Nokia Music Headset HS-43
Nokia Connectivity Cable CA-101
Nokia Video Connectivity Cable CA-75U
Nokia 2GB microSD Card MU-37**

*Sales package content may vary by region.
**Card pre-installation may vary by region.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:47:48 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

ToOoOoN!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2007, 07:15:14 PM »
damn! i want that phone!!! 8)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2007, 06:12:37 AM »
8gb?? you on about the N95 8gb or memory cards?

memory card... (damn I missed your post  :laugh:)

Damn! i want that phone!!! 8)

Have updated the N82 post with more photos and the specs for N82.....
So you like it now?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:50:11 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »