Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65955 times)

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »
shit the HTC kaiser, with a 400mhz processor, thats whats up

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2007, 01:49:53 PM »
my pick is : I WANT THE N82  ;D
N82 got same features as N95 but it comes as a bar phone

Hell,yeah That phone got all the features and a classic design that is user friendly.
The UI might not be the most user friendly,but it´s the whole package.

Here´s another crazy design. Nokia AEON

Sony Ericsson Japan again,damn they´re crazy

What´s up with this phone? Those Japanese got their shit twisted

Here´s a couple of cell phones WITH TV,remember they work ONLY in Japan

James Bond Style;

shit the HTC P4550/Kaiser, with a 400mhz processor, thats whats up

True,True That´s a bad ass phone.
HTC Kaiser Preview
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1V6ZXQbGQc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/c1V6ZXQbGQc</a>

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 06:47:59 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2007, 02:13:17 PM »
Nokia AEON IS FUCKING INSANE!!!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2007, 02:35:04 PM »
Nokia AEON IS FUCKING INSANE!!!

Those Japanese like their phone´s with twisted designs.
It´s like they´re a testing market before Europe and US. Alot of those SonyEricsson phone´s come out in Europe and US a couple of years later if they´re a success in Japan. I remember they had the 2MP
SE swivel phone SE S700 only called SO505is in Japan

2MP camera was a big deal a couple of years ago,but Japan had that shit mad years ago with the
SE SO505is

What the fuck is this,i hated the Nokia phone´s with this design and now SE will do the same shit,fuck it;

This one looks ok,don´t it?

what is the release date for the nokia n82?

Around christmas I believe.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:45:20 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »
apple is giving me and all the early iphone purchasers $100 store credit because of the price drop... either a great stunt by apple or great customer service.. now im not mad at all...

i love apple again... i knew i couldnt stay mad at them forever lol...

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

To all iPhone customers:
I have received hundreds of emails from iPhone customers who are upset about Apple dropping the price of iPhone by $200 two months after it went on sale. After reading every one of these emails, I have some observations and conclusions.

First, I am sure that we are making the correct decision to lower the price of the 8GB iPhone from $599 to $399, and that now is the right time to do it. iPhone is a breakthrough product, and we have the chance to 'go for it' this holiday season. iPhone is so far ahead of the competition, and now it will be affordable by even more customers. It benefits both Apple and every iPhone user to get as many new customers as possible in the iPhone 'tent'. We strongly believe the $399 price will help us do just that this holiday season.

Second, being in technology for 30+ years I can attest to the fact that the technology road is bumpy. There is always change and improvement, and there is always someone who bought a product before a particular cutoff date and misses the new price or the new operating system or the new whatever. This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon. The good news is that if you buy products from companies that support them well, like Apple tries to do, you will receive years of useful and satisfying service from them even as newer models are introduced.

Third, even though we are making the right decision to lower the price of iPhone, and even though the technology road is bumpy, we need to do a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers as we aggressively go after new ones with a lower price. Our early customers trusted us, and we must live up to that trust with our actions in moments like these.

Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store. Details are still being worked out and will be posted on Apple's website next week. Stay tuned.

We want to do the right thing for our valued iPhone customers. We apologize for disappointing some of you, and we are doing our best to live up to your high expectations of Apple.

Steve Jobs
Apple CEO

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2007, 01:45:22 AM »

What the fuck is this,i hated the Nokia phone´s with this design and now SE will do the same shit,fuck it;

me 2! the first thing that popped in my head when i saw the nokia was : this shit is ugly!

Al Bundy

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2007, 01:58:27 AM »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2007, 02:56:54 AM »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2007, 03:12:21 AM »
what is the release date for the nokia n82?

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2007, 04:17:52 AM »
nice it's gonna be on my christmas list  8)

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2007, 04:33:50 AM »

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2007, 02:24:06 PM »
Cell phone applications;

Mig33 IM application

www.mig33.com
What is mig33?
Mig33 is a global mobile community that lets you keep in touch with friends and family through a variety of online services, right on your mobile phone.
With mig33, you can chat and send instant messages and emails, make inexpensive international phone calls, share photos, connect with old friends and even meet new ones. Think of it as an addition to your phone's existing service.
What you get with mig33

Suddenly, you'll have an array of services to help you stay connected and save money, all in the palm of your hand.
Community
Chatrooms
Profiles
Photo Sharing
Mobile Web
Rewards for inviting friends
And more
Connectivity
Use your IM (MSN, Yahoo!, ICQ , AOL, Google Talk, SMS, to name a few)
Share Photos
Make inexpensive international phone calls
Send cheap international SMS
And more
www.mig33.com

How to get MSN on your cell phone;
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GDFYLvPBXpc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GDFYLvPBXpc</a>

agilemessenger IM application

www.agilemessenger.com
Send instant text, photo, voice and video messages to anyone on your MSN®, AIM®, Yahoo!®, ICQ® & GoogleTalk® contact list directly from your mobile phone or PDA! Click here; www.agilemessenger.com to download a FREE trial!

Fring IM application

www.fring.com
what is fring ?
fring™ is a free mobile VoIP application that enables free mobile internet calls and live chat (IM) to other ‘fringsters’ and PC-based services including Skype®, Google Talk™, ICQ, MSN® Messenger and Twitter, using free Wi-Fi or your 3G or GPRS internet data plan instead of costly mobile airtime minutes.

With fring, you’ll gain benefits previously only found only on the PC and get empowered with mobility as never before: make cheap mobile internet calls, see who’s online before dialing with contact availability indicators (presence), live chat instead of SMS, engage in multiple conversations simultaneously, view conversation history and more! Take all your fring, Skype, Google Talk, ICQ, MSN Messenger and Twitter buddies with you wherever you go and view them, along with your regular phone contacts, from one integrated and searchable contact list.
Also make cheap calls to landlines and regular cellular contacts using your SkypeOut account or hundreds of SIP-based providers such as Eutelia, GizmoProject, VoipCheap, VoipStunt, Free World & SIPNET over fring, even from non-SIP enabled handsets.

As fring automatically roams between Wi-Fi and 3G networks, you can effortlessly login to recognized Wi-Fi hotspots, mindlessly gaining access to the best network for optimal call quality and savings.

Easily download fring into your handset and begin fringing in less than a minute.

fring bypasses traditional mobile voice and SMS text messaging services by utilizing the mobile handset’s native internet connection. fring does not require any dedicated hardware or airtime and works with phones purchased through any mobile operator. The patent-pending peer-to-peer mobile VoIP technology delivers full-duplex voice quality with rich internet functionality and maximum network efficiency.
www.fring.com

Interview with Alex Nerst
http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2007/interview-fring-en.shtml
As you might probably know, fring is one of the most popular mVoIP application for Symbian (Nokia and UIQ) smartphones and Windows Mobile mobile devices. Actually you could read few articles about this application on our site. Now we've got an opportunity to ask few questions about future plans, perspectives of fring developing, etc to fring co-founder, Alext Nerst.
Read the interview here;
http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2007/interview-fring-en.shtml

Opera Mini Web browser;

What is Opera Mini?
www.operamini.com/
All your favorite Web sites now fit on your phone. Check your email, check your friends' blogs, or just check out the daily dish. Download Opera Mini to get any Web site, anywhere, any time.
www.mini.opera.com

Mobile GMaps

www.mgmaps.com
What is Mobile GMaps
Mobile GMaps is a FREE application that displays maps from Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, Windows Live Local (MSN Virtual Earth), Ask.com, Open Street Map and other sources on Java J2ME-enabled mobile phones, PDAs and other devices. MGMaps can connect to a GPS receiver over bluetooth or use internal GPS features on some phones in order to automatically display the map for your current position. You can pre-download maps and store them on your memory card in order to use them on the go without accessing the internet.

Mobile GMaps is distributed under the Attribution - NonCommercial - NoDerivs Creative Commons license. You may download, use and distribute the application free of charge only for personal, non-commercial purposes.
http://www.mgmaps.com/

Free GPS JAVA application
http://www.amazegps.com/welcome.php

What is amAze?
amAze is a first of its kind free navigation and local search service. It is free to download and use and it contains wide coverage of maps including aerial photo in Europe, North America,Australia and parts of Asia and Africa.
http://www.amazegps.com/welcome.php

You will a Bluetooth GPS antenna like this if your phone don´t have a build in GPS antenna

Globalsat BT-328 Bluetooth GPS
http://www.davespda.com/images/reviews/globalsat/globalsat02.jpg
     Globalsat provides an array of GPS solutions that connect to devices by laptops. The Globalsat BT-328 GPS is about the size of a good lighter. Size is extremely important when it comes to a Bluetooth unit, especially in my book. When you are already carrying a device around, you want your accessories to be as small as possible while still being functional. The good thing about a GPS unit is that it is simply an antenna, so, for the most part, smaller will not detract from the usability. The BT-328 is small enough to fit in the small pocket of my jeans. Actually, it fits rather perfectly in that pocket and technically it is possible to use it while in a pocket. The main shell of the BT-328 is white with a plastic black front and rubber black back. The front face of the device includes the power button, a hole for attaching a wrist strap, and on the right side, the three lights for showing the current status of the device. On the top of the device is the power port for recharging the unit. That is really all there is to the BT-328. Like most Bluetooth GPS units, the device it self it simple and to the point.
     When the GPS is turned on, the three LED’s show the current status of the device. The top light shows red when the device needs to be charged. The middle light shows green for its connection to the satellites. When the light is solid, the GPS is not connected. When the light is flashing, it has connected so satellites. This seems a little backward to me as usually device lights show solid when they are connected and flash while they are trying to connect. The bottom light is blue for Bluetooth connectivity. When the light is flashing slow it is disconnected. When the light is flashing fast it is connected. This is even more confusing then the GPS light because you have to try and count and see if it is about 3 seconds or 1 second. Being that these lights are the only real “user interface” of the device, I would have hoped for them to make a little more sense for easy identification of the functionality (though maybe I am the only one confused by the lighting).
     The Globalsat BT-328 GPS is a rather strong Bluetooth GPS unit including specifications that are on par or better then other GPS on the market. The unit supports 12-channels of parallel connections, which is pretty standard but not top of the line. For most people, 12-channels are enough, though more would increase the connectivity of the unit. For those that know about GPS internals, the chipset in the BT-328 is the SiRF GSC2. It supports a tracking sensitivity of -155dBm. This seems kind of low compared to other GPS units I have looked at, but it does really seem to hurt the performance of the unit. I found the BT-328 to have quick boot times after the initial connection and really quick reacquisition timing coming out of tunnels. For being such a small unit, the battery life is amazing. Rated at 1300 mAh and 16 hours, that is what you get. I have used the device for weeks without having to recharge. Only a cigarette lighter power adapter is included, so you can't charge the device in the house, though since most people will probably be using in the car, it makes sense.
     Included with the BT-328 is a piece of software for your Windows PC or Windows Mobile device. The software, GPS Info, does not do mapping, but makes it easy to check connectivity and the status of the GPS unit. You can see everything from the data being received by device to satellite locations and information about the current position including latitude and longitude. While you still need mapping software, especially with the MDA, it is a lot easy to launch GPS Info to check the connectivity of the GPS before running mapping software that may run slowly on the device. Most mapping programs do include something like GPS Info, but GPS Info is simple, quick, to the point, and very helpful.
     While I have noted some quarks, the unit is very useable with its long battery life and strong connectivity. The Globalsat BT-328 is a great low-powered Bluetooth GPS solution with pricing that is affordable. The BT-328 can be found for about $75, well under the $100 price tag that always deterred me from getting a Bluetooth GPS. Combine with the incredible battery life and good performance, I feel the BT-328 is a good GPS for anyone wanting to add active mapping functionality to their device.

For more on this product or to purchase the Globalsat BT-328, visit:
www.globalsat.com.tw

For more applications and games for your cell phone;
www.getjar.com

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 01:32:35 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

Al Bundy

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2007, 04:31:11 PM »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2007, 01:24:18 AM »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2007, 07:08:19 AM »
tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement - props for the hook up  8)