Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65932 times)

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2007, 01:13:32 AM »
Samsung SGH-P110 is cool!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2007, 11:05:57 AM »
APPLE RUMOUR Iphone "2" with 16GB and 3G before christmas!

September 7, 2007 12:57 PM PDT
Apple signs iPhone patent deal with Interdigital
Posted by Tom Krazit
http://news.com.com/8301-13579_3-9773982-37.html?tag=head

Apple has signed a patent-licensing agreement with a company called InterDigital for what appeared to be $20 million, plus ongoing royalties, that covers the current iPhone and hints at a 3G successor.

Interdigital broke the news in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission Thursday, amid all the hubbub related to the iPhone pricing flap. The company said it has signed a seven-year licensing agreement with Apple retroactive to iPhone Day that covers the technology used in the iPhone.

http://uk.gizmodo.com/iphone%20and%20jobs.jpg
Interdigital's cashing in on the iPhone with a patent-licensing deal.
(Credit: CNET Networks)

Interdigital develops technology that gets mobile phones onto cellular networks. The company's products and designs are used for older cellular standards, like the EDGE network used by the iPhone, but is focusing most of its current development on designing technology for the WCDMA (wideband code division multiple access) and HSDPA (high-speed downlink packet access) standards that power faster 3G networks.

That would imply that Apple's got a faster 3G iPhone in the works, although that's hardly an unexpected development. The company wants to enter the European mobile phone market in 2007, where 3G networks are far more common. And I think it's pretty safe to say that if Apple is still selling iPhones in seven years--when the license runs out--they'll probably have a 3G iPhone or two.

Interdigital didn't specifically address the terms of the agreement in its filing with the SEC. But Friday morning it issued a press release increasing its third-quarter guidance for patent-licensing revenue to a range of $55.5 million to $56.5 million, up from its previous guidance of $53.5 million to $54.5 million. Plus, the company said it "expects to receive a $20 million payment in the near future in connection with a recently signed license agreement. The revenue associated with this new agreement is reflected in this updated guidance." Hmm.... Investors sure liked the news, driving Interdigital's stock up almost 13 percent just before the close of trading Friday.

When CEO Steve Jobs announced the iPhone at Macworld in January, he made sure to note that Apple had filed for more than 200 patents related to the iPhone. But Apple doesn't develop cellular networking technology, of course. An Apple representative did not immediately return a call seeking comment on the Interdigital patent deal.

6GB iPhone with 3G coming says T-Mobile Germany Ad
SEE IMAGE OF ADD HERE;
http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/16gb_iphone_with_3g_coming_says_tmobile_germany_ad.php

This dubious advert (suspected to be from T-Mobile Germany) doing the rounds claims that the16GB iPhone with 3G support (HSDPA and UMTS), will be available in Germany by 12th November 2007. The ad also stipulates possible download speeds of 3.6Mbps and a $687 price tag. It furthermore states that on purchase of the phone you would get an iTunes voucher, plus various call plans will be on offer. Even unlimited data plans will apparently make their way into Germany. The call plans will range from $69-$96/month, with more inclusive minutes and text messages being the reason for the price gap.

yeah i read up on both of those on the macrumor sites... the t mobile add seems to have some things that are kinda fishy... but who knows... id expect 3G outside the US... but doesnt make the most sense in the US seeing as most people arent even near a 3G network... i think most people that complain about it dont even know that... or dont even live near a 3G network... for me it would work for me at work since i work in Downtown LA but not at home... but its not anything i really need seeing as i have WiFi both at home and work..

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2007, 11:46:11 AM »
3G is not an BIG issue,EDGE ain't that bad. But it will come around,so it's ok to be prepared for the future.
I'm sure if this is true,that all the things Iphone is "missing" (no need to repeat,read previous posts) will be fixed/included.
I would rather see Apple add expandable memory card slot,the possibility to change battery(I like to be able to bring a extra battery or two with me)& exchange files trough bluetooth(easy to fix,software issue).

Samsung SGH-P110

Innovative form factor from Samsung
http://www.esato.com/news/cebit2007.php?sd=54
Inovative design from Samsung this year. Two years ago, Motorla had a model called MPx on display here at the CeBIT fair, but the model never went to production. Samsung is now pushing the idea further with the announcement of SGH-P110. The phone model can be openede as a regular clamshell model or opened like a svivel model. Both the bottom part which holds the keyboard and the display can be used two ways, in portrait and landscape mode. Used in landscape mode, the keyboard has the QWERTY  layout. In portrait mode, only the number keys are active.

Samsung SGH-P110 Specifications:
http://www.finalsense.com/news/it/phone/samsung_sgh-p110.htm
GSM/GPRS/EDGE (900/1800/1900 MHz)
Camera VGA Camera
Display 65536 TFT (2.1”, 176 x 220)
Features
Automatic Switching Display
Full QWERTY Keyboard
Multi-Format Music & Video Support
Instant Messaging / Speaker Phone
Bluetooth Stereo Music Profile (A2DP)
Bluetooth v2.0 / USB
Memory 25MB User Memory

Sanyo M1

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q_OsooZsfgA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q_OsooZsfgA</a>

http://www.finalsense.com/news/it/phone/sanyo_m1.htm
Sprint today announced the full-channel availability of the Sanyo M1, Sprint's first phone with 1GB of internal memory. Able to offer storage for up to 16 hours of music and other multimedia files including pictures, video clips and voice recording, the M1 also provides quick and easy access to Sprint-exclusive content, including:

- Sprint Music Store, which allows users to browse and wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone

- Sprint TV with more than 50 channels of television and on-demand video and audio including more than 20 channels offering live content

- NFL Mobile, a Sprint-exclusive wireless application that brings fans access to same-day video highlights, customizable real-time statistics, scores, injury reports and other information updated every two seconds

- Sprint Movies, the first "pay-per-view" service for mobile phones in the U.S. that streams full-length movies, including recent box-office hits and timeless favorites from Buena Vista VOD, Lionsgate, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Universal Pictures

- Sprint Power View, the industry's first made-for-mobile sports and entertainment video programming network

The M1's advanced power management offers up to 18 hours of continuous music-playing time to support extended use of the multimedia capabilities. Additional key features include stereo Bluetooth wireless technology, a 2.0-megapixel camera with auto-focus, nine equalizer settings for fine-tuning the listening experience, and background music mode for listening to music while checking email, surfing the Web or sending text messages. The M1 also has external controls and large external LCD for optimal usability.

The Sanyo M1 is available through all Sprint retail channels for a suggested retail price of $349.99 or $199.99 with a two-year subscriber agreement.

Sanyo M1 Features

* Sprint Music Store provides over-the-air downloads of high-quality full songs (MP3 and AAC / AAC+ digital files)
* Sprint TV offers more than 50 channels including live television
* 1.0 GB internal memory capacity (Stores up to 16 hours of music, or a combination of music, photos, videos, and voice recording)
* Advanced power management enables up to 16 hours of music playing
* 2.0-megapixel camera and camcorder with autofocus and flash
* Background music mode allows music play while checking email, surfing the web or sending text messages
* On Demand news, sports, weather and entertainment content
* Enhanced gaming experience with 3D Graphics
* Pre-loaded with Sprint's exclusive NFL Mobile application
* Stream music to your phone with Music Choice, Sirius Music and others
* External navigation control allows easy access to music features
* External dual 15 mm stereo speakers for stereo music playback and speakerphone
* Sprint PCS Ready Link for quick walkie-talkie-style communication
* Bluetooth enabled
* GPS enabled

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 03:49:29 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2007, 11:56:54 AM »
i was always wondering why the iphone dindt include bluetooth

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2007, 12:04:14 PM »
^lol so people spend money on itunes rather than sending songs to each other for FREE. they thinkin of the money!

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »
^lol so people spend money on itunes rather than sending songs to each other for FREE. they thinkin of the money!

you're right...it's apple lol +1

Al Bundy

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »
bluetooth doesn't work? so no wireless headsets? WEAK

Paul

« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2007, 12:11:09 PM »
i have a samsung u600
funkyfreshintheflesh

Al Bundy

« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2007, 12:12:19 PM »

Hate this I exchange files with other cell phones and computers all the time.
Tony; it got bluetooth,but you can't exchange files,you can only use it with a bluetooth handsfree.

hopefully once the thing is fully hacked they'll enable file transfer. verizon does the same thing with their phones.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2007, 01:03:20 PM »

Tony; it got bluetooth,but you can't exchange files,you can only use it with a bluetooth handsfree.

hopefully once the thing is fully hacked they'll enable file transfer. verizon does the same thing with their phones.

So ej.rizo any luck with disabling the bluetooth block?

BTW,I have modified ALL the youtube links,so now you just got to press play.
There's video presentation/review/preview for most of the phone's I posted.(go to the previous pages)

dope shit! props!  8) no need to go anywhere else for mobile phones info now!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2007, 01:53:46 PM »

So ej.rizo any luck with disabling the bluetooth block?

BTW,I have modified ALL the youtube links,so now you just got to press play.
There's video presentation/review/preview for most of the phone's I posted.(go to the previous pages)

acctually the iPhone DOES have bluetooth... but its simply for Bluetooth ear pieces..

but i have installed all kinds of stuff on my phone and have enabled ssh so i can install stuff and take out stuff from my phone including native applications (we arent talkin java here) and other things over WiFi through a SFTP connection straight to the phone... works GREAT!... i have my phone hacked crazy
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:11:34 PM by E. J. Rizo »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2007, 02:35:53 PM »
here are some screen shots from my iphone....  of some apps including the NES emulator, a IRC program, some games, and so forth that are all runing natively on the phone at great speeds, all these are 3rd party apps... and also notice my home screen is very different from what apple has ... also all hacked up... along with being able to take screen shots thats another app... lots of apps are being released and its still young... so i expect some crazy shit later on... if apple doesnt open it up... the hackers will... and the hackers are already going all out...

notice all the icons on my home screen... and the dock at the bottom is also different and so is the background obviously not just black...

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2007, 02:44:30 PM »
you're n.e.s emulator is off the hook,so cool!

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2007, 03:08:02 PM »
Japan isn't the only country with TV on mobiles...all the kids in South korea are watching tv on the tube these days. South korea and japan are at the same level. SK got LG, Samsung and JP have Sony.

I don't know where'd i'd be without 3G, you guys are really missing out on it. you guys don't even have the hsdpa date cards for note books. What a shame. I love hittin the net whilst i'm stuck on the M25 or on the train back home after work.

Believe me, when 3g finally starts getting coverage in america, you guys will love it.

Oh yeah, Motorola's and Nokia's are the worst phones on the market. No one makes phones like Samsung or Sony eric. Nokia are just cheap and look nasty and moto's have very limited features

pz

ps. just to emphasize the fact....iphones are shit aswell

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2007, 03:11:25 PM »
here is another pic with a aim app.. and one with google maps app

google maps comes standard with the phone.. .but it is such a great app.