Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65911 times)

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2007, 09:54:57 AM »
it broke 2 day and im gonna fix it 2 day,i need my cell !!! lol

Matty

« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2007, 05:32:42 PM »
n73 joysticks are always falling off. man i hate that phone...

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2007, 06:41:05 AM »
i think im gonna buy like 3-4 joystick module just in case!

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2007, 02:31:41 PM »

yeah,do that. I just found out that my phone supports 4GB memory card with a software upgrade,so I've upgraded it and just bought a 4GB memory card.

nice! since your the master cell guy ill ask you this question! can i do the same with my n73? i wanna have a 4gig card too!!! ;D

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2007, 11:14:09 AM »
not yet! will get one in the next days!!!

Young Tucc

• Lil Geezy
  • "Tucker Iz Active"
« Reply #185 on: October 01, 2007, 10:10:18 PM »
U R a joke bro....the I Phone has far more swag.....and it's not gay and pink like yours...i have the same phone but in black and i like it a lot but it's not even comparable to the iphone.  I should have known tho, if u like dipset something must be wrong with your judgement.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2007, 09:43:39 AM »
my joystick broke on my n73 so i need to buy a new joystick module

Damn,the same happend one of my friends N73 after a month. He still havn't fixed it,he still manage to use it somehow (it's gone almost a year,ha,ha). Well,well he's not a phone freak like us.

it broke 2 day and im gonna fix it 2 day,i need my cell !!! lol

yeah,do that. I just found out that my phone supports 4GB memory card with a software upgrade,so I've upgraded it and just bought a 4GB memory card.

nice! since your the master cell guy ill ask you this question! can i do the same with my n73? i wanna have a 4gig card too!!! ;D

I have done some research for you,as you can read by hitting the links there's some problems to be aware off. So I do suggest you read trough them carefully.

TOPRAM 4GB Mini SD card Problems! With Nokia N73
Www.geek.com/forums/topic.php?id=25954&page

Hey,
I bought a 4gb topram mini sd card for my Nokia N73 phone. I checked with my phone about using a 4gb sd card and it is compatiable. However when I insert the card into my phone my phone suggests it is corrupt! However this is not true, due to when inserting the card to my computer it registers fine and disk check doesnt suggest any problems. At first I thought it might be formating the card. So I formated the card on my desktop all ok. However the corruption is still detected on the phone when inserting it. How can I resolve this problem?

Please Help!

Cris

whiskers @ May 16 2007 7:23pm

Have you already tried to format the card in the phone? If you haven't already tried that I would delete the partitions that the computer created and let the phone format and create the partitions.

The phone may be wanting to use a file system such as FAT instead of FAT32 or NTFS which Windows will want to format the card with.

peter_g @ May 16 2007 8:41pm

I have an N73 myself, but have stuck with the supplied card so far, so can't comment specifically on how the N73 handles "cross-formatting".

However, I have seen memory cards which would format in a computer yet remain unreadable in a camera, and, in those instances, it truly was a corrupt card. Very frustrating, because the card does appear to be fine at the computer end of your setup.

I also point out that the N73 is better in conception than in execution, and it wouldn't surprise me to find that read/write problems are another of the device's endearing qualities, along with system freezes when you take photos, refusal to zoom images and random reboots while messaging.

darksabbath2 @ May 17 2007 5:09pm

Thanks to all,

To Whiskers: I tried to format it in the phone but it doesnt. By this I mean it returns back to the phone format menu without doing any thing. Another thing how can I delete the computer installed partitions? & can I manually format the Card through some program like disk manager? Thanks sorry for sounding like a beginner.

Thanks again.
**Cris**

whiskers @ May 18 2007 1:04pm

When you right click on "My Computer" on a WIndows 2000/XP Computer, choose the option manage. Go down to disk management and wait for a Window to pop up.

Choose disk management and look for your memory stick listed among the other disks. Delete the partitions from your memory stick, just make sure you don't accidentally delete your hard drives partitions instead.

clandeep @ May 19 2007 1:58pm

Check that you have the most current software patch for the phone. Your phone may be compatible, but the software version may not support 4 gig. Try the supplied card to see if it works.

darksabbath2 @ May 20 2007 7:33am

Thanks All you have been helpful. See you Around!

darksabbath2 @ May 21 2007 7:49pm

hey,
I just tried formatting the disk drive to FAT format but my computer now says Error Write protect! How shall I over come this problem?

Thanks again!
Cris

Nokia N73 PLUS 4Gb SD Card
http://Http://forums.mobymemory.com/topic5592-11-1.aspx

Hello
I purchased the following Card from mobymemory:

http://www.mobymemory.com/proddetail.asp?prod=miniSD%5F4096mb%5FMOBY%5F002

I coulda sworn when I bought it, it said Nokia compatible. I have tried it in my N73 (when formatted as both FAT32 and FAT) but the phone says that it is corrupt.
The card is fully functional on WinXp via an SD Card reader.

I am really hoping there is a fix! I somehow doubt it, reading around google it seems there are two versions of SD Cards something to do with SHCH or something?

Can anybody help me?

As far as i know, N73 for now, is only compatible with 2Gb miniSD cards (limit). The new ones, with 4Gb, miniSDHC are not for N73, unless, Nokia do a firmware upgrade support for them, but seems not be the case on future firmwares.

DataKits 4GB miniSD memory card C500 C550 C600 6280 N80
[4GB miniSD]

Www.datakits.co.uk/store/datakits-4gb-minisd-memory-card-c550-c600-6280-n80-n73-p-3074.html

New Low Price, was £39.99

DataKits 4GB miniSD card ( Secure Digital ) complete with a full size SD adapter and storage case in Retail packaging.

The ideal solution for Mobile Phones, Digital cameras, PDAs, MP3 players, Navigation Systems and laptops/notebooks. Comes with a 5 year manufacturer's warranty.

The miniSD memory card offers all of the benefits of a standard SD card, but in a much smaller size. In fact, it is over 60% smaller than a full-sized SD card. The miniSD cards are used to store digital images, video, MP3 files and other data in mobile phones.

The miniSD card includes an adapter that converts the miniSD card into a full size SD card to be used with the growing number of SD compatible devices available in the market.

High Quality Secure Digital unit that features a 5 Year Warranty

Sorry but this card is NOT Compatible with the Nokia N73 N93 & E61. These phones struggle to see the 4GB card bit a 1GB or 2GB miniSD we sell will work perfectly.

The Following models are fully Compatible with this 4GB miniSD card:

Nokia 6280, N80, Orange SPV C600, C500, C550, C500s, Sagem myX-8, i-Mate SP3/SP3i, T-Mobile Vario SDA, O2 miniS X3, O2 X4, Motorola Q, mpX220, Panasonic X700, Sharp 902, 903

With the SD Adapter: O2 XDA II, Orange SPV M1000, Sharp/Vodafone GX-30, Orange/Handspring Treo 600, Orange SPV E100/E200

We have a range of Card Reader/Writers to allow you to back up and write data to these cards. Click here to see them in our store

Specifications:
Storage Capacity: 4 GB (4096MB)
Supper Quick Write Speed
Speedy - ultra-fast data transfer rate up to 10 MB/sec (average)
Efficient - improve productivity with average write speeds of 5 MB/sec.
Solid State: No moving parts to get damaged
Uncompromising data integrity and reliability
Compatible with all digital music players, digital camcorders, handheld PCs, mobile phones and other devices that feature a Secure Digital slot
Backward compatible with SD slots
Tested with a wide range of devices
Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swapping Support
Operating shock rating of 2,000Gs, equivalent to a 10-foot drop to the floor
Unfazed by drastic weather conditions ranging from blistering heat to arctic cold
Low power consumption for longer battery life
Form factor : 21.5mm x 20mm x 1.4mm

Memory card (MiniSD) crashing phone?
Www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=9366368#post9366368

So I put this new 4GB MiniSD into my equally new N73 and turn it on. It boots properly, then usually when I try to go to the menu, it freezes up and won't function. Buttons still beep but nothing will happen. Off button doesn't even work; have to remove the battery.

Sometimes it gets farther. One time I actually went to the Memory app and tried to format the card, but it just sat with the bar at 0% progress for ages. At some point I switched apps, fiddled around a little, tried to switch back and it froze.

Is this memory card just physically messed up? Is there any way to remedy it? Phone works fine otherwise.

i have the music edition and i also have a 4gb. i does crash sometimes but that is when i press many buttons after about 15-20 of the phone being on and me playing with it the memory stick is fine and does not crash.

i bought my memory stick from ebay so it is not official 4gb it make your fone think its a 1gb but has 4gb capacity

edit:no 4gb will work with any n73 unless nokia update the FW only 2gb will work and the mem stick i have - i got it for £20 - shipped from the USA, not bad. i think that is about $40

OP, you problem is that you bought a SDHC card instead of a SD card.

Sura: 4GB SDHC cards use a different physical form of memory storage. That means that you actually need a different physical reader for them. I doubt the n73 has one, and therefore a FW update won't be able to do anything.

The N95 has a SDHC reader, but it wasn't mentioned in the specs. If the same were true for the n73, it would be able to read the cards.

you can use 4gbs - i do they work fine

yh i have no problems at all, i have about 2gb of songs and tomtom6 all work perfect, i have many games + apps and it takes about 10 secs to load up and see the games in the folder but u will expect that and alos the file manager take a fews secs to lead aswell that because i have used about 3 gb   

http://Http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphone&message.id=38078

Well,Tony I'm filling up my new card right now. So now I have first hand experience with it (like EJ Rizo like to put it). Like you probably read on those links there is some problems,my computer won't reckonize the card,well it's there but I can't transfer files by usb. Transfer files over bluetooth is no problem. Sdhc don't work on N73,so make sure you get the regular sd 4gb card and update your software then you should be good to go.

Fuck my volume button just broke and my volume is on mute,so I can't hear shit.
So Tony did you get yourself a 4GB card?

not yet! will get one in the next days!!!

Get this one MINI SD!

NOT!!!! SDHC will not work!!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2007, 11:08:54 AM »
first one looks kinda cool but a little too much... and with Bang & Olufsen its bound to be expensive.. but who knows...

2nd one is more interesting... looks like a pretty cool phone to me.

also Verizon just announced a new so called "iPhone Killer" called the voyager along with a few other phones...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071003/ts_nm/verizon_phones_dc

Verizon unveils iPhone rival for holiday shoppers By Sinead Carew
Wed Oct 3, 4:58 AM ET

Verizon Wireless unveiled three new cell phones on Wednesday for the holiday season, including a high-end handset named Voyager that will compete with Apple Inc's iPhone.

The Voyager, made by LG Electronics, trumps the iPhone by offering faster wireless Web access. But in a nod to the Apple device, which is only available to AT&T Inc subscribers, it has a large touch screen and full Web browser.

Verizon Wireless hopes the new phone will attract customers put off by the iPhone's lack of a traditional keypad -- the Voyager hinges open to reveal a small computer keypad and a second screen.

"We think it'll be the best phone ... this year. It will kill the iPhone," Verizon Wireless Chief Marketing Officer Mike Lanman said in an interview.

Current Analysis analyst Avi Greengart said the Voyager may attract existing Verizon subscribers who do not want to switch service providers, but he doubted it would hurt iPhone sales.

"People who want a high-end media phone and want to stay with Verizon will certainly give that one a hard look. I don't know that it would pull anybody away from an iPhone," he said.

The battle for cell phone buyers' hearts this holiday shopping season is shaping up to be even fiercer than usual, as rivals to Apple and AT&T launch new challengers.

Verizon Wireless, owned by Verizon Communications Inc and Vodafone Group Plc, has not been first with the hippest phones, but said this line-up is its best yet.

"Typically a carrier brings one, maybe two exciting products to the market in a year. We're bringing four," Lanman said, referring to the three new models and its existing LG Chocolate phone.

Verizon also introduced Juke, an ultra-narrow phone that comes in three colors and is shaped like a chocolate bar. The phone, made by Samsung Electronics, is less than 1 inch wide.

It also unveiled another LG phone, the Venus, which comes in black and pink, and has a phone keypad that slides out from under a touch screen. As with Voyager, it vibrates when a user taps a menu option on the screen.

Verizon Wireless would not give exact pricing beyond saying each phone would target a different segment and range from under $100 to about $400. The iPhone costs $399.

Greengart at Current Analysis said the new Verizon range is a step forward for a company that has been trumped before by AT&T, which sold Motorola Inc's Razr long before Verizon did.

"This is something Verizon had to do," Greengart said. "It's been a long time coming for them to get hotter devices."

Venus and Voyager both have 2-megapixel cameras, and high-speed wireless connections for fast music and video downloads, and a slot for 8 gigabytes of extra memory. The iPhone has 8 gigabytes of built-in storage.

Venus and Voyager will launch before the end of November

The cheapest phone in the range is the Juke, which is narrower than any U.S. phone so far and will go on sale on October 19, Lanman said.

The Juke slides open to reveal a tiny keypad and comes in dark blue, red and teal. It has dedicated keys for playing music but does not have a high-speed wireless link.

Verizon Wireless said it expects to attract more fashion-conscious young users to Juke than those who want to constantly e-mail or Web-surf on cell phones.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2007, 08:43:59 PM »
lol keep dreaming

have fun having to hack your phone just to have ring tones.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/itoner/

and as a matter of fact i already have my phone loaded even before that... i have a full NES emulator with tons of games on it and have installed native apps on it ... not very hard at all... and trust that apple is going to release new features with time and i think ringtone service from itunes is coming on the 5th along with new ipods... moto has the most crappy os ever... get yourself atleast a sony ericsson before you claim anything being even close to being > than iphone

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/08/07/iphone-nes-fast-usable-totally-rewritten/

LMAO, i know i got the Rizr Z3, its a solid phone dont get me wrong but Motorola SUCKS lol, alot of failed calls n shit. Iphone is fuckin sick, does anything u can possibly think of and then some, i just sold a few today, gonna get mine once i sell my Rizr lol!!!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #189 on: October 04, 2007, 05:23:18 AM »
first one looks kinda cool but a little too much... and with Bang & Olufsen its bound to be expensive.. but who knows...

also Verizon just announced a new so called "iPhone Killer" called the voyager along with a few other phones...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071003/ts_nm/verizon_phones_dc

LG VX10000 Voyager Preview
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ostm0hEu1pg&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ostm0hEu1pg&amp;rel</a>

LG Voyager, verizon voyager, full phone specification
http://www.newsblogtwist.com/lg-voyager-verizon-voyager-full-phone-specification/

Description:
The LG Voyager VX10000 (VX10k) is the successor of the enV VX9900, upgrading it with huge external touch-sensitive display and only three hardware keys on the front, reminding of the LG PRADA. It is a clamshell that opens in landscape orientation to reveal a big internal display, stereo speakers and QWERTY for messaging. The Voyager supports MediaFlo for Verizon VCast MobileTV service.

LG Voyager specifications:

Network: Type CDMA dual band ( 800/1900 MHz) Data CDMA2000 1xRTT/1xEV-DO rev.0 3G Support Yes

Size: ?

Battery: ? 

Main Display:

Resolution    320 x 240 pixels Type Color, TFT Colors 262 144

Additional Display: Resolution 240 x 320 pixels Type Color, TFT Colors 262 144 Features Touch-sensitive

Camera: ?

Resolution: ?

Multimedia: Video Playback Yes Music Player MP3 format supported , Dual stereo speakers

Memory: Memory Slot microSD (T-Flash)

Input: Predictive Text Input Yes Full Keyboard QWERTY

Connectivity: USB Yes Bluetooth Yes

Other Features: PhoneBook Caller Groups supported, 1000-names capacity, Multiple Numbers Per Contact, Picture ID, Ring ID PIM Alarm, Calendar, Calculator, World Clock, Notepad Voice Dialing, Commands, Recording, Speaker Phone Email Yes GPS Yes

Verizon unveils iPhone rival for holiday shoppers By Sinead Carew
Wed Oct 3, 4:58 AM ET
Verizon Wireless unveiled three new cell phones on Wednesday for the holiday season, including a high-end handset named Voyager that will compete with Apple Inc's iPhone.
The Voyager, made by LG Electronics, trumps the iPhone by offering faster wireless Web access. But in a nod to the Apple device, which is only available to AT&T Inc subscribers, it has a large touch screen and full Web browser.
Verizon Wireless hopes the new phone will attract customers put off by the iPhone's lack of a traditional keypad -- the Voyager hinges open to reveal a small computer keypad and a second screen.
"We think it'll be the best phone ... this year. It will kill the iPhone," Verizon Wireless Chief Marketing Officer Mike Lanman said in an interview.
Current Analysis analyst Avi Greengart said the Voyager may attract existing Verizon subscribers who do not want to switch service providers, but he doubted it would hurt iPhone sales.
"People who want a high-end media phone and want to stay with Verizon will certainly give that one a hard look. I don't know that it would pull anybody away from an iPhone," he said.
The battle for cell phone buyers' hearts this holiday shopping season is shaping up to be even fiercer than usual, as rivals to Apple and AT&T launch new challengers.
Verizon Wireless, owned by Verizon Communications Inc and Vodafone Group Plc, has not been first with the hippest phones, but said this line-up is its best yet.
"Typically a carrier brings one, maybe two exciting products to the market in a year. We're bringing four," Lanman said, referring to the three new models and its existing LG Chocolate phone.
Verizon also introduced Juke, an ultra-narrow phone that comes in three colors and is shaped like a chocolate bar. The phone, made by Samsung Electronics, is less than 1 inch wide.
It also unveiled another LG phone, the Venus, which comes in black and pink, and has a phone keypad that slides out from under a touch screen. As with Voyager, it vibrates when a user taps a menu option on the screen.
Verizon Wireless would not give exact pricing beyond saying each phone would target a different segment and range from under $100 to about $400. The iPhone costs $399.
Greengart at Current Analysis said the new Verizon range is a step forward for a company that has been trumped before by AT&T, which sold Motorola Inc's Razr long before Verizon did.
"This is something Verizon had to do," Greengart said. "It's been a long time coming for them to get hotter devices."
Venus and Voyager both have 2-megapixel cameras, and high-speed wireless connections for fast music and video downloads, and a slot for 8 gigabytes of extra memory. The iPhone has 8 gigabytes of built-in storage.
Venus and Voyager will launch before the end of November
The cheapest phone in the range is the Juke, which is narrower than any U.S. phone so far and will go on sale on October 19, Lanman said.
The Juke slides open to reveal a tiny keypad and comes in dark blue, red and teal. It has dedicated keys for playing music but does not have a high-speed wireless link.
Verizon Wireless said it expects to attract more fashion-conscious young users to Juke than those who want to constantly e-mail or Web-surf on cell phones.

The LG Voyager is ok,the advantages it got over Iphone is build in GPS and TV,expandable memory is good too.

I think I read about 2000$,so it´s a pretty expensive phone. But the UI looks a little fucked(check the video),it´s OK for music but for SMS and calls it´s worthless.

Samsung Serenata Challenges iPhone
http://news.digitaltrends.com/news/story/14346/samsung_serenata_challenges_iphone
The Serenata's 4GB of storage might be the least impressive thing about it, given the array of off-beat luxury features packed inside by Samsung's partner Bang & Olufsen.

Move over, iPhone. There’s a new high-capacity media phone in town and it's… downright ridiculous. Samsung and Danish design firm Bang & Olufsen revealed their latest collaboration on Tuesday, the Serenata phone. Featuring B&O’s trademark over-the-top design, 4GB of storage and a 2.26-inch LCD screen, the Sereneta might not quite be ready to oust Apple in the technical arena, but as a status symbol, it certainly stands a chance.

The Serenata distinguishes itself from similar devices in a number of ways. For one, it’s not all touch screen. A giant scroll wheel with a center selection button dominates the upper half of the unit. Everything the player does, from music selection to text messaging, can be controlled with the wheel or the integrated touch screen.

In a more significant departure, the Serenata actually has a built-in speaker system. A panel on the back of the unit folds out, allowing it to be propped up, and the front and back of the phone slide apart as they would in a traditional slider phone, revealing two integrated speakers. No word yet on sound quality, but the companies promise rich bass and zero distortion, despite the tiny size of the speakers.

Bang & Olufsen also include some unique features tailored to the busy executive, like its PureMusic mode that cuts off phone calls and text messages to allow a user to relax and listen to music without disruptions. And forget pop-music ringtones, all of the built-in ringtones on the Serenata derive their names from the materials that make them – like steel for wind chimes, aluminum for a triangle, and various woods represented by the sounds they make when hollow.

The phone’s price hasn’t yet been announced, but given Bang & Olufsen’s traditional premiums, it should be just as extravagant as the rest of the phone. The phones are scheduled for a European release by the end of October, a spokesperson told PC World.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/a0ImceSEHKg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/a0ImceSEHKg</a>

Yep,the 400MHz processor should do the job,the previous Touch had "only" 200MHz.
-Processor Qualcomm® MSM 7200, 400MHz

The HTC Touch DUAL
http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_htctouch_dual.htm

Delivering a revolutionary touch experience that will change the way you use your phone, the HTC Touch™ DUAL combines an intuitive touch screen and slide-out keypad within a stunning design.
Everything you need is at your fingertips. With the push of your thumb, the front panel of the device slides up to reveal a handy smart-sized keyboard. If you prefer using touch, then the revolutionary TouchFLO™ interface lets you quickly browse through e-mails, messages, music and images by using finger gestures, making navigation a breeze.
With the Live HTC Home™ screen, information such as time, new messages, weather updates, and missed calls is just a touch away. Connect using 3.5G, which is 9 times faster than 3G -- wherever you are.

Discover TouchFLO™,
a revolutionary touch-screen technology that allows finger-touch scrolling,panning and photo zooming

-Innovative 3D touch cube interface for quick and easy navigation
-Slide-out 20-key keyboard or 16-key keypad for single-handed typing
-Worldwide connectivity (HSDPA, 3G, and GPRS/EDGE/GSM)
-Windows Mobile® 6 Professional with Direct Push Outlook® e-mail
-Live HTC Home™ featuring time and weather display, quick launcher, and one-touch ring tone settings
-2 megapixel camera for shooting photos/videos and a second camera for video calls

-Processor Qualcomm® MSM 7200, 400MHz
-Operating System Windows Mobile® 6 Professional
-Memory ROM: 256MB ; RAM: 128MB SDRAM
-Dimensions 107 mm (L) X 55 mm (W) X 15.8 mm (T)
-Weight 120g with battery
-Display 2.6-inch TFT-LCD with backlight LEDs, touch-sensitive screen
-Network;
-HSDPA/UMTS: 2100 MHz
-HSDPA: Up to 384kbps for upload and 3.6Mbps for download
-UMTS: Up to 384kbps for upload and download
-GSM/GPRS/EDGE: Tri-band 900, 1800, and 1900 MHz
(The device will operate on frequencies available from the cellular network)

Device Control
-HTC TouchFLO™
-5-Way navigation control
-Keyboard or Keypad         
-Slide-out 20-key QWERTY keyboard
-Slide-out 16-key keypad
(Subject to the HTC Touch DUAL model you have)

Connectivity   
-Bluetooth® 2.0
-HTC ExtUSB™ (11-pin mini-USB and audio jack in one), Hi-speed USB 2.0, HTC H2Wire support

Camera   
-Main camera: 2 megapixel color CMOS camera Second camera: CIF CMOS color camera

Audio   
-Built-in microphone and speaker
-Ring tone supported formats:MP3,AAC,AAC+,WMA,WAV&AMR-NB 40 polyphonic&standard MIDI format 0&1(SMF)/SP MIDI

Battery   
-1,120 mAh rechargeable Li-polymer battery
-Standby time: Up to 250 hours for UMTS,Up to 180 hours for GSM
-Talk time: Up to 5 hours for GSM,Up to 3 hours for UMTS,Up to 1.78 hours for video call
(Subject to network and phone usage)

Expansion Slot   
-microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)

AC Adapter
-Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC,50/60Hz
-DC output: 5V and 1A

HTC Touch Dual Demonstration by eXpansys
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tupk8MYLhMk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tupk8MYLhMk</a>

So what about these models?

Well it´s time to update some news,the biggest news must be that HTC will produce a Windows Mobile "smart phone" due out nexy year,another unconfirmed Windows Mobile is N94 by Nokia,it might be a knock off that those crazy chinese dudes is known for. Time will tell.....

HTC To Produce Windows Mobile Smartphones for Sony Ericsson
http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/340/C13385/

This has got to be the biggest news of the day because it really involves two stories all rolled up into one. Commercial Times of Taiwan is reporting that HTC has received ODM orders from Sony Ericsson to produce Windows Mobile-based smartphones.

HTC is known to manufacture a variety of handsets under countless under other brands, including devices like the AT&T 8525, T-Mobile Dash, and i-mate KJAM. Only recently has the Taiwanese ODM starting making phones under its own banner. It is very surprising that Sony Ericsson would turn to HTC, however, seeing how they are direct competitors using competing operating systems. Up until now, Sony Ericsson smartphones have been powered by Symbian.

Sony Ericsson's first Windows Mobile-based smartphone is expected to ship in the second half of last year. It's also notable that, if true, this would be the first ODM order for HTC from a "first-tier handset vendor." The new handset is projected to account for 10-20% of HTC's total shipments for 2008.

Nokia's N94i to run Windows Mobile OS, not Symbian? Er, No.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/14/nokias-n94i-to-run-windows-mobile-not-symbian/

Believe everything you see? Good, then this is an unannounced Nokia N94i running the Windows Mobile (not Symbian) operating system. We have no way of knowing for sure, but that looks like an engineering prototype Chinese knockoff of something which has gone up for auction somewhere on this great blue planet. According to the listed specs, we're looking at a touchscreen (with stylus) multimedia device synonymous with the N-Series packing a 2 megapixel camera, speakerphone, Bluetooth 2.0 and MicroSD expansion. It's also listed as a dual-sim device with quad-band GSM support. Of course, Microsoft has been slowly making in-roads into Nokia handsets for several months with Nokia's purchase of Intellisync and the recent announcement to integrate Windows Live services into some Nokia handsets. Still, WinMo on Nokia... are we dreaming, or is that "WinXP.jpg" an indicator of something more foolish?

N94i;

looks like a cheap chineese knock off lol

.....and some new phones;

Sony Ericsson K630/V640

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Sony-Ericsson-K630-phone-p_2398.html

The Sony Ericsson K630 is a tri-band GSM with single-band UMTS/HSDPA support, in a candybar design. It features 2-megapixel camera with dedicated key, M2 slot for memory and multimedia player and FM Radio.

Giorgio Armani phone by Samsung
http://phonearena.com/htmls/Giorgio-Armani-phone-by-Samsung-article-a_2061.html

Rumors have been floating around, but yesterday Armani and Samsung officially announced the Giorgio Armani phone, which is based on the SGH-P520. Targeted as a rival to the Prada phone by LG, the Armani phone has 2.6” QVGA touch sensitive display with haptic UI that vibrates on touch. It is a slim (0.4” / 10mm) candybar with credit-card dimensions and specially designed graphical and audio user interface. In the box, leather carrying case will be included for protection.

Samsung Giorgio Armani Specifications

The Giorgio Armani-Samsung phone is a tri-band GSM with 3-megapixel camera, Stereo Bluetooth and microSD slot for memory. It has full HTML internet browser and multimedia player.

The new mobile phone will be available at Giorgio Armani’s flagship stores and selected mobile phone shops in major European countries from November 2007. It is the first product, result to the Armani and Samsung strategic alliance but a range of portable and home consumer electronics products will be launched in future.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-rkjvaR2a3s" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-rkjvaR2a3s</a>

Samsung i400 Symbian S60 3.1

Review of GSM-smartphone Samsung i400
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/samsung-i400-en.shtml

SAMSUNG SPH-M8100 Not GSM

http://board.siamphone.com/viewtopic.php?t=203741

The M8100 is the world's first Mobile WiMAX PDA phone. It allows users to conduct video conferences and stream television content via Terrestrial-Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (T-DMB), in addition to other high-speed data services. The slider phone possesses a 2.8”, 65k color touch screen display, a TV-out, an MMC card slot, and 2 cameras: a 2 megapixel camera, and a VGA camera for video calls. The M8100 also features Bluetooth &reg; with A2DP, a 128ROM/64MB RAM memory, and the Microsoft view and edit function.
Standard - CDMA2000 1X EV-DO (1900MHz) Mobile WiMAX (IEEE 802.16e)
Operating System - Windows Mobile 5.0 PPC PE
Camera - 2 Megapixel + VGA
Display - 65536 TFT (2.8”, 240x320)
Size - 114.5 x 58 x 18.2 mm
Weight - 147g
Features
- Mobile TV: Terrestrial DMB
- Multi-Format Music & Video Support
- Bluetooth&reg; Stereo Music Profile (A2DP)
- Bluetooth&reg; / USB
- Digital Power Amp
- MS Office View & Edit
- ROM 128MB / RAM 64MB
- External Memory : MMC micro

OpenMoko's Neo 1973 the new rival for iPhone LINUX!!!

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973

OpenMoko's Neo 1973 the new rival for iPhone
http://www.gadgets-reviews.com/index.php?page=post&id=303

There are more and more smart phones that are supposed to beat iPhone announced. And here is the new Neo 1973 Linux based smart phone that has been created earlier and is the rival of the iPhone. Well, it appeared last November so it is older then iPhone. However, it is not worse and has one very important advantage that we are going to talk about later.

Appearance

iPhone has a very similar interface to the Neo's one and does not differ much from it. If you look at the two phones placed on the table you would think that they are made by one designer. The color of edges and even the color are very similar. They have different shapes and sizes.

iPhone is just slightly smaller than Neo 1973 and it is also thinner. iPhone measures 115 mm x 61 mm x 11.6 mm while OpenMoko Neo 1973 120.7 mm x 62 mm x 18.5 mm. As you see there is only big difference in thickness. However, thicker phone does not mean better phone.

The corners of the Neo 1973 smart phone are rounded up and this makes it look smaller than it really is. And not so round corners of iPhone do not cancel its size out. However, iPhone is not that big and it does not need such effects.

Screen

OpenMoko has made its screen really good; with its size, only 2.8 " it has a very high resolution: 480 x 640 pixels it beats iPhone. It is a TFT touch-screen that has multi-touch function enabled. Coincidentally iPhone has the screen with the same technology and it differs in size and resolution. iPhone's screen is bigger but its resolution is much smaller: 320 x 480 pixels. Probably you will not see much difference there when using your gadget but if you look through pictures or watch videos you will see the difference.

Hardware

We do not know all the tiny specs about iPhone but we can present you the information about Neo 1973.
120.7 x 62 x 18.5 (mm)
2.8" VGA (480x640) TFT Screen
Samsung s3c2410 SoC @ 266 MHz
Global Locate AGPS chip
Ti GPRS (2.5G not EDGE)
Unpowered USB 1.1
Touchscreen
micro-sd slot
2.5mm audio jack
2 additional buttons
1200 mAh battery (charged over USB)
128 MB SDRAM
64 MB NAND Flash
Bluetooth (2.0)

You would say that it is definitely slower than iPhone and not as powerful as iPhone however it appeared earlier and it is easier to buy it nowadays. Having very many features is not all; it is very important how you realize them.

Software

There are two sides of coin in this case. Firs of all OpenMoko Neo 1973 is totally open source and that means that you will be able to install any application you want on your gadget smart phone. Besides, most of applications are going to be free. Thanks to OpenMoko strategy about sharing the revenue with software developers very many new free applications will appear. The only problem is that there are not many applications that would work with Linux nowadays but their number will grow. It would be a big advantage towards iPhone because iPhone is totally blocked and you will not be able to install any applications on it. I would actually prefer opened OS and not the closed one.

Some features

The creators of Neo 1973 had very many revolutionary ideas about smart-phones. Ideas like: location – based profiles that would use GPS to locate your position and change the profile when you enter the office for example.

The other cool idea is to set up something like a scheduled conference. A meeting between two phones would automatically start a conversation at certain date and time.

Actually OpenMoko sees future smart phones not as gadgets that would rapidly loose value and become useless several years later. But they want to make smart-phones like portable computers that you can modify and personalize and that would increase their value.

There is a big difference between these phones: one of them is power of iPhone and the other one is the openness of Neo 1973. A weaker Neo gadget but it has a big advantage of installing and using the software you like that I think covers all the disadvantages.

Having a classy iPhone or just an older Neo 1973 is a decision that you need to make if you want to buy something like this. However, there is one more thing we would like you to know. Paying $ 500 - $ 600 for iPhone that has a closed OS is not very smart when you can have a good opened OS phone for just about 0.

?

Matty

« Reply #190 on: October 06, 2007, 05:55:43 PM »
the V1615 is still delayed....software testing i think.....

i played with the nokia 7500 (prism) today though....gay ass cheapy feeeling phone, lol.....but its nokia so people will buy it....

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2007, 03:26:54 AM »
I got my hands on a HTC P4550/Kaiser/tytn2 AKA AT&T 8925/Tilt AKA Vodafone V1615 for a brief minute yesterday.
Shit looks big on photo's,but I was suprised that it was much smaller than expected.
So Matty and SGV have you guys tried the phone out yet?

the V1615 is still delayed....software testing i think.....
I played with the nokia 7500 (prism) today though

....gay ass cheapy feeeling phone, lol.....but its nokia so people will buy it....

That Nokia is butt ugly,what a plastic piece of bullshit design.
I must say I was suprised by the size of the new HTC,and it really felt like a quality product.
The last three products HTC have released shows fresh direction for the company,I believe they will gain some marked shares in the upcoming months. They have sold mad units of their HTC Touch and is rumoured to have a order from SonyEricsson,should be interesting.

800000 HTC Touch sold over 3 months
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml#16016
HTC Touch shipments over 3 months from the launch have reached 800000 devices. This isn’t much for an Apple iPhone – however we should take into account that the device was sold on different markets from different operators. For a proper success estimate let’s wait for the launch of HTC Touch in the US and Apple iPhone in Europe.
At the same time HTC has recently announced the successor to HTC Touch – a 3G communicator slider HTC Touch Dual featuring TouchFLO interface based on finger input instead of stylus. Reportedly, finger-oriented TouchFLO interface will be applied in the new company’s products.

Matty

« Reply #192 on: October 14, 2007, 01:26:52 PM »
alright! i now know all about modding the kaiser after some research online. doesn't matter where you get it you can mod it in any way you think of down to completely flashing the entire firmware. people have ripped the various apps and back engineered it so whether it comes with say windows live messenger or not you can just install it yourself providing you have the files ;] awesome...

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2007, 01:34:58 PM »
alright! i now know all about modding the kaiser after some research online. doesn't matter where you get it you can mod it in any way you think of down to completely flashing the entire firmware. people have ripped the various apps and back engineered it so whether it comes with say windows live messenger or not you can just install it yourself providing you have the files ;] awesome...

Dope,I was VERY close to buying one after I took a quick look at it. Damn,that phone looks awsome.
I have spilled a couple of drinks over my N95,because I use it for a MP3 player at party´s,ha,ha.
So it might see it´s last days pretty soon. So do you have it?
I saw that the SE K850i has it the stores too,there´s mixed reviews online,have you tried it? How´s the D-Pad?

Matty

« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2007, 01:58:56 PM »
not yet im off work till friday, will get to play with the 850 then. a lot of people are anticipating it, im not so sure about the dpad and touch sensitive menu keys though...will no doubt be a great cam and video recording is decent too.

not got or played with the kaiser yet, still waiting on vodafone to release their version so i can figure out how to get one as cheap as possible...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=376 this is where you'll find all the info on modding the kaiser and links to ripped cab files so you can install extra stuff or stuff that just wasn't on a certain variant of the firmware like msn etc ;]