Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65962 times)

Matty

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2007, 10:50:32 AM »
the n81 is another horrible nokia, let it be known!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2007, 02:17:43 PM »
OOOhhhhh Weeeeee I got some good news for you Tony!
Some good photoīs of N82 has leaked!

Nokia's N82 spotted, handled in the wild
http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/07/nokias-n82-spotted-handled-in-the-wild/

In the midst of all this Gphone hysteria, we won't fault you for forgetting about a Nokia candybar first noticed way back in May, but pictured above is the first (confirmed, at least) in the wild shot of the firm's 5MP-packin' N82. You heard right -- this handset sports a five-megapixel camera (complete with Carl Zeiss lens and a Xenon flash), WiFi, Bluetooth, integrated GPS, 3G connectivity, Nokia Music Store access and automatic screen rotation. Regrettably, there's still no word on a price / release date, but click on through for a couple more angles, and check out what the built-in camera can do in the read link.

From www.intomobile.com ;
If you’ve been waiting anxiously for the Nokia N82 to hit the ground running with its long, 5 megapixel, Carl-Zeiss legs, you’ll have to keep waiting a bit longer. But, we have some more pics of the N95’s candybar-sibling for you to drool over in the meantime (or not, we prefer the N95). Again, this thing’s packing the same serious guts (aside from the addition of the Xenon flash) as it’s sliding Nokia stablemate - integrated GPS, 3G (HSDPA), WiFi, 5 megapixel camera with Carl-Zeiss optics and Xenon flash, Bluetooth, access to Nokia’s Music Store, and automatic screen rotation (a la the “rotateme” accelerometer tweak on the N95). That’s right! Nokia’s given the N82 out-of-the-box screen rotation.
Nokia’s apparently gone official with its accelerometer support on the Nokia N82, so we’re wondering what their plans are for the Nokia N95’s accelerometer. Will Nokia release an update to leverage the built-in accelerometer to enable an official auto-rotate feature? Well, if they don’t, at least we have “rotateme.”
Head on over to Symbian-Freak to check out the full hands-on experience. Interesting footnote - they excuse the photo quality because all pics were taken with an N95. What?

Found some more images of N82,here you can see the size compared to N73 and E90
Just another SF exclusiveNokia N82 hands on!!!
http://symbian-freak.com/news/007/11/nokia_n82_hands_on.htm

As you may have already know, Nokia N82 is the long awaited Nokia camera phone, the first one that will features XENON flash and of course famous Carl Zeiss optic supported with the 5 mpx sensor.

Basically it has all you need, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB port, 3G and yes it features the GPS too!!! Just like all latest Nseries devices it features the N-Gage gaming platform (2 demo games available.. Fifa 07 and Asphalt 3) and the Music store as well which is currently Nokia N95 8GB and Nokia N81 exclusive.

Also there is an one very handy innovation, auto screen rotation is available and it is a bit different than the one in the iPhone. While the iPhone use screen rotation for few specific applications only, applications like the Safari, image viewer and the iPod, Nokia UI allows the rotation almost everywhere, from the main screen to the gaming.

The rotation is definitely smoother and looks better with the iPhone, actually to be precise with an iPhone you can actually see the rotation while the Nokia just switch from one to another mode without any kind of transition when rotating.

Same as with Nokia N81 there is shortcut key to new and pretty handy multimedia menu that allows fast access to videos, photos, music, games, etc.... .

What I really not like here is the microUSB port, it is mainly beacuse I got another cable to carry around. The good thing about new connector is fact that it can be used as a charger just like with the Luna 8600.

Even more "spy" photoīs have leaked of N82

These photoīs is a little better,,,,, so what do you think now?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 05:32:14 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2007, 02:47:58 PM »
props!!! i dont find the desing cool but i dont find it ugly...only the price will tell me now if i want 1 or no

Matty

« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2007, 05:27:22 AM »
yeah the n82 looks alright. the n81 feels like a really cheap piece of plastic though...

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2007, 03:12:28 AM »
props!!!
I dont find the design cool but I dont find it ugly... only the price will tell me now if i want 1 or no

I assume the price will be around 700-1000$ without contract.
You can't expect less for a top of the line model. I'm still waiting for a street date....
Well the design,hmmm the sad thing they have "copied" SE's "new" fucked up key pad.

the N81 is another horrible nokia, let it be known!

Ha,ha why is that?
It looks like a budget N95,that have itīs focus on games.

Yeah the N82 looks alright.
The N81 feels like a really cheap piece of plastic though...

I guess you get what you pay for,itīs a budget N95( 8GB) for "kids".
A multi media phone with focus on games and MP3.
The camera is crap and assume thereīs no "business" applications installed(?).
What about 8GB memory cards,have they hit retail yet?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 05:29:22 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #230 on: November 09, 2007, 11:44:47 AM »
it's ok i guess,nothing spectacular but it aint that ulgy either

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2007, 12:10:24 PM »

Iīm actually starting to feel it more and more,the silver put me a little of.
It might look better in black? But itīs a combination for me,features comes first then design.
The only thing that really put me off on this design is the small keys on the key pad.
I hate those on the new SE phoneīs and Nokia follow up on this design trend ainīt a good sign.
Iīm not a big fan of slider phones,but Nokia released their top dog as a slider first,so what choice did I have?
Now that the same features come in a classic candy bar design,I might cope that one.
The only thing that can hold me back is if I donīt feel comfortable with the key pad.

it will be cooler in black! i feel the same way as you,i like better the candy bar phones than the sliding phones but if i dont feel the keypad is good i might pass out on this

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #232 on: November 09, 2007, 12:11:31 PM »
Nokia N96 rumor
http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/2525/nokia-n96/

Last week we have had a meeting with Nokia at the Nokia Xperience Zone. Back then, Nokia already unveiled us that they will reveal some new mobile phones in November, some high quality photographic features would be included as well. In the meantime, various websites have spoken about a rumor on the new Nokia multimedia computer; the Nokia N96. We wouldn't be surprised if this rumor will be confirmed before the end of the year. According to the appeared specifications the Nokia N96 will feature a 6 megapixel Carl Zeiss lens, which was 5 megapixels on its predecessor the N95. Moreover the N96 would feature 3x optical zoom as well, which gives the user much more photography possibilities.

Nokia N96 10GB
The Nokia N95 has recently been updated with an 8GB version, according to the rumors, the new N96 multimedia computer would even be integrated with 10GB of internal memory! The Nokia N96 HSDPA will be further equipped with a 3,2 inch screen, WiFi, Bluetooth 2.0, Mini USB 2.0 and Infrared connectivity. A touch screen, joystick navigation and motion sensor wouldn't be missing either.

Unofficial Nokia N96 - Specifications

• Band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

• HSDPA / WCDMA 2100

• 3.2 inch full color toch screen with joystick navigation
• WiFi, Bluetooth 2.0, Mini USB 2.0 and infrared connectivity

• Full QWERTY keyboard

• Internal memory of 10 GB
• 6 Megapixel digital camera with Carl Zeiss

• Motion sensor and GPS

• 3x Optical zoom

• 3.5mm jack and 4 build-in speakers

• Digital TV / FM Radio

• Dimensions : 102.5 Ũ 56 Ũ 17.6 mm

• Weight : 115 grams

• Nokia N96 comes in two colors

Nokia N96 rumor
It sure looks like the Nokia N96 will be a very promising cell phone. As soon as we got a confirmation about this new high tech multimedia computer we will bring you the full story!

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #233 on: November 09, 2007, 12:16:36 PM »
do you think it's fake? it looks legit to me

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #234 on: November 09, 2007, 12:20:06 PM »

Iīm actually starting to feel it more and more,the silver put me a little of.
It might look better in black? But itīs a combination for me,features comes first then design.
The only thing that really put me off on this design is the small keys on the key pad.
I hate those on the new SE phoneīs and Nokia follow up on this design trend ainīt a good sign.
Iīm not a big fan of slider phones,but Nokia released their top dog as a slider first,so what choice did I have?
Now that the same features come in a classic candy bar design,I might cope that one.
The only thing that can hold me back is if I donīt feel comfortable with the key pad.

It will be cooler in black!
I feel the same way as you,I like better the candy bar phones than the sliding phones
but if i dont feel the keypad is good i might pass out on this

True,I donīt if you tried the key-pad on
SE W880

If itīs anything like that,then Iīll keep my slider a little longer,because their terrible to use in real life.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #235 on: November 09, 2007, 12:22:19 PM »
the buttons are so small ! like you said if they are like that im keeping my phone!

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #236 on: November 09, 2007, 12:27:51 PM »

Nope,I think this one is legit.
But it looks kind of big donīt it?
10GB internal memory is pretty good,I donīt need more than 5MPX camera,so 6MPX donīt attract me.
This will be some kind of cross between N93 and E90 I think.

yeah it looks big! 10 gig is enough i think,dont think we need more on a phone!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2007, 12:42:42 PM »

Nope,I think this one is legit.
But it looks kind of big donīt it?
10GB internal memory is pretty good,I donīt need more than 5MPX camera,so 6MPX donīt attract me.
This will be some kind of cross between N93 and E90 I think.

yeah it looks big! 10 gig is enough i think,dont think we need more on a phone!

You can never get enough,but 10 GB internal is enough as long as I can expand with memory cards.
Damn,I have to delete albums from my 4GB card every time something new drops,so Iīm waiting to cope the 8GB card.
Maaaaatttttttyyyyyyy,has the 8GB hit retail yet?

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #238 on: November 09, 2007, 12:45:59 PM »
8gb card? now thats dope  8)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2007, 01:11:37 PM »
8gb card? now thats dope  8)

It should be on the way to the stores.....
Waiting for Matty to confirm.
Have you bought a 4GB card yet?