Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65974 times)

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2008, 10:45:59 AM »
just been testing it out. pretty cool. still trying to get a hang of this whole windows mobile

having trouble getting the wireless working at the moment

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #376 on: January 24, 2008, 03:10:19 AM »
came with windows mobile 6 though  ;D

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #377 on: January 24, 2008, 07:09:54 AM »
The design of the 5mp Sony Ericsson phone is ugly,
I dont like it a bit lol  ::)

The design on the front ain´t that bad;

but the cyan color (even on the keys  >:() :puke: and saphire blue d-pad  :puke: WTF is going on?

The back looks like shit....  :puke:

But I don´t think the design is aimed at us  :laugh: :laugh:...
It looks like a budget 5MP for kids.

My m700 just arrived.
Size isn't as bad as i feared.
Same with the weight.
will give more thoughts later,waiting for it to fully charge so i can play around with it.

Nice  ;)
Bundy just got himself a WM phone too,he´s a little applications freak.  ;)
So he will probably come with tons of apps hook ups.  ;D
Notice that he got WM6 standard and you got WM5 pro/pocket PC. (or was they nice and gave you WM6?)
WM7 is not coming before 2009,you can see screen shots of it on the previous page,looks nice.

i told you it's ugly  ;)

Matty

« Reply #378 on: January 24, 2008, 04:09:33 PM »
excited about a SE with GPS and a good camera. should be dope. the k850 has had a whole load of software issues (although a big part of it seems to be the vodafone modding) and the w910i is even worse. im shocked to say that im actually reccomending the n95 8gb at the mo to people as its had pretty much 0 problems :0

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #379 on: January 25, 2008, 03:14:34 AM »

Nice,then you're set for the future.
Did you get your WLAN working?
I remember I had some problems too when I had a WM5 pro device for test a couple of weeks.
With WM5 standard however,there was no problems.
Maybe Matty can help you out?

The k850 has had a whole load of software issues

Well,I subscribe to the www.Esato.com boards RSS feeds.
There seems to be a overall software problem with SE's new version of the A1/200 OS.
So you can't blame Vodafone for everything.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The first versions of Symbian 3.0 was a buggy too,remember SE P990?
Symbian 3.1 seems to be stabile,my N82 is little slow but that's it.

Im shocked to say that im actually reccomending the N95 8gb at the mo to people as its had pretty much 0 problems :0

Yep,I´m suprised myself when I bought N95....
I had been loyal to Ericsson since GH388,they was WAY ahead the competion when it came to new features.
Motorola was first Tri-band I believe,they was even early with GPRS in their phones.
But their UI has always been their weakest point.
Siemens tried their best too,but again the UI sucked....
LG,never cared for them.....
What happend to Panasonic?
Ohhh well back to Nokia,their S40 was too simple and the phones had hardly any killer features.
On the other hand the design for their Symbian devices was  :-X :P :-[
Remember 3650?  :-\ :-X :-[ :P :laugh:

While SE already had a killer OS (A100) and features for their small JAVA devices with nice classic design.
Sure joining forces with Sony helped,but they didn´t add anything but a strong brand name for a long time.
But at the moment SE is sleeping and a little behind with the latest features,hope they step their game up....
Because right now Nokia and HTC run the "killer phones" game,packing their phones with "must have" features.  :laugh:

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 07:35:38 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

Al Bundy

« Reply #380 on: January 25, 2008, 03:16:57 AM »

Nice,then you're set for the future.
Did you get your WLAN working?
I remember I had some problems too when I had a WM5 pro device for test a couple of weeks. With WM5 standard however,there was no problems.
Maybe Matty can help you out?

does the samsung blackjack ii have wifi? it's windows mobile 6

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #381 on: January 25, 2008, 03:23:15 AM »
got the wlan working. there was a power save feature enabled in the wifi settings, turning that off did the trick.

Quick question, downloaded opera mini onto my laptop, got the sync with the phone working. opera mini files are .cod and .alx

how do i install these? laptop doesnt recognize a program to open it with

on a sidenote regarding the pda, its pretty cool. Qwerty pad is great. the camera on it sucks and the phone does have a lot of problems with lagging. i think that only occurs when the wifi is turned on though. probably because it came with a lot of pre installed programs that take up ram. a quick reset push will have it running back as it should though

Memory:

Storage

Total : 57.32
In Use : 28.45
Free : 28.87 mb

Program

Total : 47.46
In Use : 25.51
Free : 21.95 mb

those decent numbers? noticed youtube wont stream on it. zshare and other sites that can use windows media work fine though

Al Bundy

« Reply #382 on: January 25, 2008, 03:24:33 AM »
got the wlan working. there was a power save feature enabled in the wifi settings, turning that off did the trick.

Quick question, downloaded opera mini onto my laptop, got the sync with the phone working. opera mini files are .cod and .alx

how do i install these? laptop doesnt recognize a program to open it with

on a sidenote regarding the pda, its pretty cool. Qwerty pad is great. the camera on it sucks and the phone does have a lot of problems with lagging. i think that only occurs when the wifi is turned on though. probably because it came with a lot of pre installed programs that take up ram. a quick reset push will have it running back as it should though

Memory:

Storage

Total : 57.32
In Use : 28.45
Free : 28.87 mb

Program

Total : 47.46
In Use : 25.51
Free : 21.95 mb

those decent numbers? noticed youtube wont stream on it. zshare and other sites that can use windows media work fine though

yo monotone there are programs that let you stream youtube. you should google for it. i'm on a blackjack ii with windows mobile 6 and i can watch youtube on it after a quick visit to google

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #383 on: January 25, 2008, 04:20:18 AM »
tusken you got aim?

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #384 on: January 25, 2008, 06:42:45 AM »
Ha,ha Bundy I was sure you had tweaked your phone to death by now.  :laugh:
Hmmm,WLAN is almost a standard WM device feature.
But I checked the specs on the link I posted on the previous page and WLAN was NOT listed.
http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/blackjack2/

NEW, IMPROVED BLACKJACK™ II EXCLUSIVELY FROM AT&T!
http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/blackjack2/

Features & Benefits
Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 standard — stay connected with calendar, email, to-do list and more
Tri-band HSDPA/quad-band EDGE world phone — work from virtually anywhere at 3G speeds including Japan and South Korea**
Large 2.4" 65K TFT display screen — enjoy easier reading with the large display
Integrated GPS — find your next destination quickly with TeleNav Maps or TeleNav GPS Navigator™
Wireless email support for Microsoft Direct Push, Good® Mobile Messaging and Xpress Mail
Microsoft Office Mobile® — access Word®, Excel®, or view PowerPoint® files
2.0 megapixel camera and video recorder — capture and share great moments
Stereo Bluetooth® 2.0 connectivity — experience true hands-free communication
Embedded Mobile Instant Messenger supporting Yahoo!®, AOL®, and Windows Live™
AT&T Video & AT&T Music — stream music and video in real time
Video Share Calling — talk on the phone and share live video instantly
Embedded RSS Reader Client — customize news feeds direct to your device
QWERTY keyboard with front jog wheel

It should be on your start screen,however WM got several start screens to choose from.  ;D
-Go to settings
-Choose start screen options
-I believe "standard" got  WLAN in the start screen UI.
WM is perfect for you Bundy,you can tweak it to DEATH.
The few things uou could and did with your Razr is NOTHING!

Windows Mobile downloads,Search, purchase, and download third-party applications for Windows Mobile PDAs.
http://www.handango.com/cng/pc

Bundy maybe you should sign up here;

http://forums.windowsforum.org/index.php?s=2d719ad1559befca95f55f113d74c145&act=home

tusken you got aim?

Nope,I´m one of those old school fucks that hardly know what a computer is,cell phones on the other hand  :laugh: :P.
But you´re not the first one asking,so I might step my game up.  ;)

The lagging issue;
-CLOSE down the apps you don't need handy.
They keep running in the background,until you CLOSE them.
However,I believe there's a 3rd party application available that close them down for you automaticilly.
Why this ain't a STANDARD feature is beyond me.  :P :P
Delete all the pre-installed shit you don't need,if you need them back just reboot.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 06:51:49 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #385 on: January 25, 2008, 08:11:23 AM »
News

YouTube launches new and improved mobile site for cellphones
http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/24/youtube-launches-new-and-improved-mobile-site-for-cellphones/

There's certainly no shortage of ways to get your
YouTube fix on the go
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/tag/youtube
but it looks like those options just got a whole lot bigger, as the company today launched a newly expanded mobile website that provides access to "most" of YouTube's catalog on any capable mobile device.
That's quite the improvement over the version of the site that
launched last year
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/06/16/verizon-exclusivity-ends-youtube-mobile-opens-the-gates/
which was also open to any device but only provided a select few hand-picked videos. What's more, the new site will also let users log into the site and personalize things a bit and, just as importantly, users will also now be able to upload videos straight to the site from their mobile device of choice. Of course, while the service itself may be free (and even without ads, for now), all that data floating about most definitely is not, and YouTube kindly provides a hard-to-miss warning about that before you're even allowed to enter the site.
If that doesn't deter you, however, you can hit up
m.youtube.com
and watch your productivity hit the floor.

Mobile YouTube Beta already out
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

YouTube has announced its first beta version of the client for mobile devices. Using YouTube for Mobile users will be able to access video content on YouTube directly from their smartphones or communicators and enjoy most of YouTube's options: accounts, search, favorites, playlists, comments. The application also provides access to the portal's finest and most popular video clips, and more importantly, enables the user to upload videos from mobile device onto YouTube..

As of today, the bet version is available only for select models: Nokia N73, N95, E65, 6110 Navigator, 6120 Classic, and Sony Ericsson K800, W880. If you are a lucky owner of one of these,
then feel free to download your YouTube for Mobile client here.
http://pl.youtube.com/yt_mobile_app

or  try www.tinytube.net
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 05:39:41 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #386 on: January 25, 2008, 08:30:48 AM »
3650 is a ugly ass phone! one of the worst desing i ever saw on a cell phone. Yo Bundy you got a kick ass phone!!! i like those samsung!  8) Thank Tusken for that mobile youtube site!

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »
I do close the programs, i go to ram and stop the running afterwards too, even disable wi fi but even still it starts to lag till i reset then its fine

once i connect via wifi the lagging comes back into play its odd

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #388 on: January 26, 2008, 09:49:58 AM »
I do close the programs.
I go to ram and stop the running afterwards too,
even disable wi fi but even still it starts to lag till I reset then its fine once i connect via wifi the lagging comes back into play its odd

Definiatly strange,but the lagging issue has been a issue for a while on
ALL smart phones because the apps stay open until you close them.
The multi tasking feature is supposed to be one of the "main" advantages opposed to the "dum" phones.
That said SE´s "dum" phones as been able to multi task since SE K800.
But it´s indeed strange that you have to reset your phone to get it "going" again,
that in some ways make your WIFI feature a little useless  :P

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #389 on: January 26, 2008, 12:59:01 PM »
News!

Sony Ericsson HGE-100 GPS Enabler

Out of all the press material we got from Sony Ericsson today, this is by far the most interesting product. It’s a tiny GPS enabler that can be used to give all Sony Ericsson phones from Here’s the most interesting product from Sony Ericsson from K800 and onwards that have Java support. That basically means that you can buy a Sony Ericsson HGE-100 GPS Enabler and instantly get GPS on your old phone. That is really, really cool! I guess the product development guys over at Nokia has to start sweating again…

Official information from Sony Ericsson:

The HGE-100 GPS Enabler

1. Find your way

Navigation with voice and text commands

1. Stay on track

‘Tracker’ GPS sports application records training sessions and analyses performance

1. Add flexibility

Compatible with many Sony Ericsson phones. Plugs in and doubles as a stereo portable handsfree.

The HGE-100 is the first personal GPS navigator that is built-in to a Stereo Portable Handsfree. This gives you the flexibility to decide when you want GPS on your phone. Plug it into your phone when you wish, use it as a handsfree to control calls and music or switch to GPS mode when you want to find your way.

Find yourself anywhere
However you are travelling, the HGE-100 will navigate you anywhere thanks to the navigation solution which is included with the product. You can choose between voice or text commands, and it’s simple to navigate the graphical, icon-based display. It can save destinations so that you don’t have to repeat your commands if you go somewhere more than once, and you can search your destination by address, person, company and even local points of interest.

Keep on track
Use the GPS Enabler as your personal trainer by using the ‘Tracker’ GPS sports application installed within the HGE-100. It monitors your speed, distance, route and calorie burn, recording and analysing data so you can monitor your progress. Because the HGE-100 gives you full control of your phone’s media player, you can enjoy music or the radio while working out and, if your run takes you further than you intended, you can always navigate your way back home if you need to.

A great team player
Flexible, lightweight and comfortable, the GPS Enabler HGE-100 is the perfect partner for the new Sony Ericsson K530 3G phone, also announced today. There is a universal 3.5mm connector half way up the cord, so you can switch headphones for different environments if you want to. The HGE-100 is compatible with a host of recent
Sony Ericsson phones, including the popular K800 Cyber-shot™ phone.

The GPS Enabler HGE-100 will be available in selected markets from Q3 2007.

Powerful navigation solution
Sports Tracker application
Navigate in the car
Integrated PHF headset

In-Box*:
GPS Enabler HGE-100
PHF headset
User guide

Size of remote control: 61mm x 28mm
Weight: 47.6g incl. PHF
Colour: Black and silver
Keys: Full remote control + GPS mode selector
In-ear solution headset

Compatible with Sony Ericsson mobile phones with Java support from K800 onwards.
For complete compatibility see:
www.sonyericsson.com/accessories.

^^^^^^^
Good news for all the SE cats  8) 8) 8) 8)