Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65893 times)

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #390 on: January 26, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »
I do close the programs.
I go to ram and stop the running afterwards too,
even disable wi fi but even still it starts to lag till I reset then its fine once i connect via wifi the lagging comes back into play its odd

Definiatly strange,but the lagging issue has been a issue for a while on
ALL smart phones because the apps stay open until you close them.
The multi tasking feature is supposed to be one of the "main" advantages opposed to the "dum" phones.
That said SE´s "dum" phones as been able to multi task since SE K800.
But it´s indeed strange that you have to reset your phone to get it "going" again,
that in some ways make your WIFI feature a little useless  :P

true. ive started removing some programs i dont need to see if it makes a difference. Thinking of removing all the gps programs too. I hear tom tom is the best for gps?

gonna see if i can solve this lagging problem. been asking users on e-ten forum about it.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #391 on: January 27, 2008, 04:44:15 AM »
I do close the programs.
I go to ram and stop the running afterwards too,
even disable wi fi but even still it starts to lag till I reset then its fine once i connect via wifi the lagging comes back into play its odd

Definiatly strange,but the lagging issue has been a issue for a while on
ALL smart phones because the apps stay open until you close them.
The multi tasking feature is supposed to be one of the "main" advantages opposed to the "dum" phones.
That said SE´s "dum" phones as been able to multi task since SE K800.
But it´s indeed strange that you have to reset your phone to get it "going" again,
that in some ways make your WIFI feature a little useless  :P

True.
I´ve started removing some programs i dont need to see if it makes a difference.
Thinking of removing all the gps programs too.
I hear tom tom is the best for gps?
Gonna see if i can solve this lagging problem.
Been asking users on e-ten forum about it.

I have no experince with Tom Tom or Wayfinder,but Matty used Tom Tom on his WM5 and probably do on his new one too(?)
So I let him answer this  ;)
I use www.Nav4All.com
,it´s a free GPS app and does it´s job just fine for now.....  ;)
If you find a cracked version of Tom Tom or Wayfinder for Symbian S60 3.1 you´ll make me and Tony very happy  ;)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #392 on: January 28, 2008, 09:10:12 PM »
News!

Skyfire browser for Windows Mobile is game changing, does Flash
http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/28/skyfire-browser-for-windows-mobile-is-game-changing-does-flash/

The Skyfire browser is set to finally bring PC-like browsing to your Windows Mobile device with crazy speeds and support for all manner of embedded content. Sure, there are ways to get Youtube and other mobile video content through proxy sites that convert on the go or with other 3rd-party applications, but this puppy does it all in one sweet and free package. Facebook and Myspace pages load up in no time, video plays in the browser, and all of this is accomplished with some server side magic on the part of the Skyfire server but is completely transparent to the user. All flavors of Windows Mobile -- 5 and 6 for both touchscreen and not -- are supported with the roadmap hinting at Symbian support in the near future. Sounds too good to be true? It is, and you don't have to just take our word for it, follow the read link to get signed up for the beta, this is something that just cannot be missed.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4mWUoxiLZFc&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4mWUoxiLZFc&amp;rel</a>

^^^^^^^^^
A new web browser for WM......

SE Cyber-shot W61S 5-megapixel camera phone
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

Sony Ericsson will offer au KDDI subscribers a new 5-megapixel camera phone from the Cyber-shot series – W61S. This slider phone features “Exmor” CMOS matrix, the same sensor technology (analog-digital converter) from Sony’s Alpha DSLR.

The W61S can work in CDMA 1 X WIN networks supporting EV-DO Rev.A technology, and supports Bluetooth, so the user can feel free without wires. GPS-functionality enhances photo capabilities of the phone: when you take a picture, the phone records the info from the GPS-receiver about the place, and then you can see it on a PC map.

In addition to photo and GPS the new Cyber-shot phone can boast of a big widescreen 2.8” TFT VGA display, which can be used as a pocket TV display. If the this display isn’t big enough for you to share the content, the developers added a video out.

The short technical specs of the W61S:
Networks: CDMA1X WIN
Dimensions: 50x114x22 mm
Weight: 149 g
Display: 2.8” widescreen, 480x800 pixels, 262K colors
microSD storage cards
Camera: 5.11-megapixel, CMOS
Payment, music and navigation services

The pink color is  :-X,the black is ok.... it´s for Japan only,so we will not see this model around our way anyway  :laugh: :laugh:

FULLFACE 2 (SoftBank 921SH) slider with motion sensor 

Sharp has rolled out several models for the spring collection of SoftBank operator, the FULLFACE 2 (921SH) being one of them. The device is peculiar for a big widescreen 3.2” VGA display, which is good for watching “One-segment” digital TV. In addition the 921SH comes with motion sensor, it allows operate 3D menu or camera and orient the display (portrait or landscape) depending on its location.

The short technical specs of Sharp FULLFACE 2 (Softbank 921SH):
Networks: national W-CDMA
Weight: 123 g
Main display: 3.2” (480x854), Mobile ASV LCD, 262K colors
Main camera: 3.2-megapixel, CMOS with auto focus
Video call camera: CMOS, 110 kpix
External memory: microSDHC
Connectivity: Bluetooth, IrDA

Nokia N95 Diamond Edition

GoldStriker International has unveiled its Nokia N95 8GB Diamond Edition smartphone. This diamond handset is plated with 18-carat white gold and coated with 325 diamonds, 3.3-carat of total weight. The company released 10 devices, each has the unique number. The smartphones come with “Concierge” international service, phonebook protection and backup (free for 1 year). The price tag for Nokia N95 8GB Diamond Edition makes up 12000 pound sterling (about 23700 US dollars).

^^^^^^^^
 :P :P :P :-X :-X :-X :-X :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #393 on: January 28, 2008, 09:37:11 PM »
i like the design of the sony erricson but japan only kinda suck lol

swangin and bangin

« Reply #394 on: January 28, 2008, 09:44:28 PM »
yo cell phone niggas!!

i need yo help

game me up on tmobile phones
i need one thats dependable, has email and internet, and a full keyboard. it needs to work with Tmobile.
and bluetooth, and i want to be able to download ringtones from my computer.
pink phone would be a plus but if it aint its koo,

HOLLA!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #395 on: January 28, 2008, 10:13:05 PM »
yo cell phone niggas!!

i need yo help

game me up on tmobile phones
i need one thats dependable, has email and internet, and a full keyboard. it needs to work with Tmobile.
and bluetooth, and i want to be able to download ringtones from my computer.
pink phone would be a plus but if it aint its koo,

HOLLA!

Well,these two is the only ones I recomend....
They both got Windows Mobile,Bundy,Monotone and Matty got WM phones too....
So they can help you with whatever you need when you´re set.

T-Mobile Wing™
http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/detail.aspx?tp=tb2&device=acc8102d-4506-4eaa-bc2f-9c7b8ec1b1e0

Stay connected with the T-Mobile Wing, a powerful phone with a touch screen and slide out keyboard that lets you take the strength of your desktop with you.Suggested retail   $449.99
Instant discount   -$100.00
Mail-in rebate   -$50.00
$299.99

Feature   Description
Windows Mobile®   Familiar and easy to use Windows Mobile® experience
Built-in QWERTY Keypad   With the built-in keypad, you can type messages easily.
GPRS/EDGE and Wi-Fi enabled*   Access fast, wireless connections from anywhere on the T-Mobile USA network.
2.0 megapixel camera   Take high-quality pictures from your phone that you can enlarge or print
E-mail*   Send and receive e-mail messages on your phone.
myFaves capable*   Get unlimited any-network calling to any 5 people with a myFaves plan.
Voice-activated functions   Control your phone with your voice.
Micro SD memory slot   Add more memory for multimedia files, data, and more.
Bluetooth® wireless technology   Lose the wires and keep your hands free for more important things – Bluetooth lets you connect your phone to your headset or computer wirelessly.
Video camera   Capture short video clips to keep for yourself or share with friends and family.
Picture messaging*   Send pictures from your phone to others.
Real web browsing*   Get more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
Instant messaging: Yahoo!®, MSN®, and AOL®*   Send and receive instant messages with Yahoo!, MSN, or AOL.
Quad-band world phone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) Use this phone in any of the countries where T-Mobile provides GPRS service.
Text messaging*   The quick, quiet way to stay connected.
Speakerphone   Put down the phone and keep talking with a convenient speakerphone.
Wireless calendar synchronization with Outlook    Wirelessly synchronize the calendar on your phone with the one in Outlook on your desktop.
Windows Media® Player Windows Media Player lets you play audio and video files u download from the Internet or receive over e-mail.
MegaTones®, Wallpaper & Download new games,sounds and voices from hot artists,instrumental versions of songs,and wallpapers.

T-Mobile Dash
http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/Detail.aspx?device=f164419f-eee9-4cf6-a1bd-070dbe4b5023

A sleek Windows Mobile® Smartphone to keep you connected and is comfortable to hold. Connect with all your e-mail easily. View and share photos, videos, and attachments or browse the Web. Suggested retail   $349.99
Instant discount   -$200.00
Mail-in rebate   -$50.00
$99.99

BasicsSize:   4.4 x 2.5 x 0.5 inches
Weight:   4.2 ounces
Included battery:   Li-Ion
Talk time:   up to 5 hours
Standby time:   up to 9 days
Band (frequency):   850 MHz;900 MHz;1800 MHz;1900 MHz

Included Accessories
Hands-Free Headset
Case
USB Cable
AC Adaptor
Battery

Top Phone Features
Messaging
Text messaging*
Instant messaging: Yahoo!®, MSN®, and AOL®*
Fun
1.3 Megapixel camera
Windows Media® Player
Video capture/playback
Communication
Easily synch w/ Microsoft Outlook
Built-in QWERTY Keypad
myFaves capable*
Stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology
Information
Real web browsing*
GPRS/EDGE and Wi-Fi enabled*
Micro SD memory slot
Voice-activated dialing
Assistants
Windows Mobile®
Speed dial

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #396 on: February 02, 2008, 04:42:10 AM »
News

Build-to-order zzzPhone is, well, something
http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/02/05/build-to-order-zzzphone-is-well-something/

Now this is an interesting concept we can’t believe we haven’t seen before. Well, we have a little bit, but not like this. USA’s zzzPhone lets you customize your next mobile phone like you might customize a computer: you choose a base model, then add the screen, camera, and other features as you see fit.

The dual-SIM, GSM handsets can accomidate cameras up to 7-Megapixels, 4GB of internal memory, TV tuners, Skype, and other hotness that you won’t find on most phones. They can run Windows Mobile or “equivalent” operating systems, whatever that means.

They start at $150, and are available for configuration now.

^^^^That shit is crazy,now you can build your own "ultimate" phone ^^^^damn that´s tight.
Check their site out here;
http://www.zzzphone.com/index.php

Opera previews new version of mobile browser

Today, the popular web browser maker Opera the commercial release of its latest mobile version – 9.5, which offers a “desktop-like browsing experience”. Version 9.5 has a completely new user interface, users can pan, and zoom in on web pages. A new feature, which is supported by version 9.5, is Opera widgets -  which are basically small web programs running outside of the browser, widgets can 'float' around the screen. Version 9.5 should be faster than ever, due to the fact that 9.5 utilises Opera's Presto rendering engine, in order for 9.5 to achieve desktop-like browsing speed.

Also new to 9.5 is support for Flash Lite, as well as users having the option of sending web pages and text via SMS or MMS. Opera have claimed that their browser is somewhat faster than Windows Mobile's Internet Explorer. Opera mobile 9.5 will be available for Linux, Windows Mobile, and the UIQ platform. All in all the developers promise to bring the following features in the latest release:
Tabbed browsing
Improved text wrap
Page overview, zooming and panning
Landscape mode
Save Web page for future offline access
Call phone number from Web page
Send link as SMS/MMS
Send image as SMS/MMS
Small Screen Rendering™
Password manager
Web address input auto-completion
History and bookmarks
Copy text
Opera Widgets

^^^^^should be dope  ;) ^^^

Samsung G810 – the G800 gone smart

Unwiredview.com has dug out technical specifications for Samsung’s impending G810.While its feature packed G800 was released just over two months ago, now they are set to announce the G810 at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, next week. The G810 combines everything the G800 has, and packs in Symbian 9.2 OS with S60 3.1, on-board GPS, Wi-Fi, and a bigger battery (1200mh).

Technical specifications:
GSM/UMTS/3.6 Mbps HSDPA connectivity
Symbian 9.2 OS with S60 3.1 UI
2.6" 262K Color QVGA TFT display
5 megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom, anti-shake, face recognition, macro mode, autofocus
150 MB of memory and microSD memory card slot
GPS navigation
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth 2.0 EDR, USB 2.0 (microUSB connector)
1200 mAh battery
Dimensions: 104x52.9x18 mm

^^^ about the same specs as Nokias N95. ^^^^^

Sanyo W62SA: waterproof with a hinge display

The spring collection of au KDDI operator has been extended with a Sanyo clamshell phone W62SA. This is a waterproof phone, which complies with IPX5, IPX7 standards. It features a hinge display revolving in two directions, so you can adjust it for watching “one-segment” TV-programs.

In addition the W62SA comes with an FM-tuner, which can communicate music from the phone to home and car audio systems. It also supports “au Smart Sports Run&Walk’ sport package.

The short specs of Sanyo W62SA:
Dimensions: 51x106x19.5 mm
Weight: 158 g
Main display: 2.8” widescreen, IPS (In-Plane Switching) 240x400 pixels
External display: 0.6” 96x16 pixels
Camera: 2-megapixel, auto focus
Memory: about 100 MB onboard, microSD cards (up to 2 GB)
Connectivity: USB, Bluetooth, IrDA
Navigation services

Toshiba SoftBank 921T – waterproof, hinge display, TV-tuner

It has become a tradition with many Japan’s handset makers to give names of big TV brands to mobile displays and phone image processing systems. For example, Toshiba has equipped its new 921T handset (announced yesterday by SoftBank operator) with a widescreen OLED display called “REGZA”.

This clamshell phone has a waterproof shell, which complies with IPX5, IPX7 standards. Its hinge display can be revolving in two directions. The 921T comes with a TV-tuner receiving “one-segment” digital TV-programs, specially designed for mobile devices.

The short specs of Toshiba 921T:
National networks only - W-CDMA with HSPDA (up to 3.6 Mbps)
Dimensions: 51x106x19.4 mm
Weight: 132 g
Display: 2.8” widescreen, 240x400 pixels
microSD cards (up to 2 GB)
Main camera: 3.24-megapixel, auto focus, image stabilizer
Camera for video calls: CMOS, 320-kpix
Connectivity: Bluetooth (stereo sound), IrDA
Navigation and payment services
Terrestrial TV programs

Details on Glofiish V900 from E-Ten’s chief

We’ve already mentioned an upcoming E-Ten product – Glofiish V900 communicator, which will be announced at Mobile World Congres in Barcelona next month. A fortnight back E-Ten posted a teaser image of the communicator unveiling the support of digital TV in DVB-H, DVB-T, T-DMB и DAB formats.

This time company’s chief Hwang Shan-rong has shed light on some capabilities of it. Reportedly, the communicator is powered by Windows Mobile 6 Professional running on Samsung 667 MHz processor. The device features 3G networks (with HSDPA), a 3.2-megapixel camera for photo capture, a frontal camera for video calls. We expect other details at Mobile World Congress.

Mozilla Mobile browser - more details available

Some of our past news items featured the impending Mozilla Mobile browser, which was being developed by the company, however no real facts had been out and about. Thankfully, some tidbits have made it to the Web - it turns out they already have two UI prototypes. The former is meant for devices with no touch-screen displays, and rather includes an on-screen pointer, so that the user can move about web pages via a conventional keypad.

The other UI is tweaked for handsets enjoying touch-sensitive screens, and allows for finger-based navigation without requiring you to hold a stylus pen, which is a buzzed ability these days.

Apart from that, both UIs support tabbed web-browsing, page scaling, and an array of other features making for easy and convenient browsing sessions on a mobile device's tiny screen. As the developers claim, their arch-goal is to get the mobile version of the browser as close to its desktop counterpart as possible. We'll see how  far they will go in this when the browser is released into the wild some time during the second half of 2008.

SE’s patent for transformer phone

The US Patent Office has got a patent application from Sony Ericsson. The project describes a mobile phone with two detachable connected housings. The idea can be implemented in a clamshell, slider or a rotator-type phone. The phone consists of two parts: the one with the keypad and the battery (GPS-receiver and camera can go in there too) and the other with the display, some buttons and another battery. Both housings communicate with each other via Bluetooth. The developers believe such design serves two opposite goals – while being compact, it provides a convenient hardware keypad. That is, you can use only the display housing and the rest of the phone put deep in your bag. Besides you can joint two parts with the main display on the inside or outside of phone, when closed.

nuvifone: Garmin’s GPS-phone

Garmin has announced its first mobile phone called nuvifone. Naturally, being a Garmin product it must have GPS-functionality. The nuvifone is a compact device with full touch control: a 3.5” display occupies most of the front panel and leaves no room for a keypad. The device features 3G support (HSDPA), Internet browser, built-in camera, which can tag coordinates to the image info, and media player (MP3, MPEG4/AAC). It comes with the preinstalled maps of America and Europe, vast database of POI, Google local search and Garmin Online service providing online info on road situation, news, weather forecast and so on.

The sales of Garmin nuvifone are scheduled for 3Q 08. The price hasn’t been unveiled yet.

Disappointed with your Windows Mobile handset's stereo performance? Crank up your speakers with SRS WOW plugin
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/02/01/disappointed-with-your-windows-mobile-handsets-stereo-performance-crank-up-your-speakers-with-srs-wow-plugin.html

Windows Mobile handsets (most, if not all) come with “stereo speakers” nowadays. The thinking is that you’ll be able to rock-out to your Windows Mobile smartphone without the need to don some cumbersome headphones (earbuds, earphones, whatever). The sad reality is that the stereo speakers on most WinMo devices are placed to close together to project any real sense of “stereo” in the audio-field. What you get is incredibly flat, mono-sounding music from your cellphone. And that’s the other thing, the music sounds flat because there’s not enough definition, bass, treble, etc.

Enter the SRS WOW audio-enhancing plugin. With this handy-dandy little plugin, you’ll be able to squeeze Hi(er)-Fi sound from your WM device. SRS WOW allows you to control things like the “loudness,” definition, focus, bass, and even the center channel. But, the best part feature of the SRS WOW plugin is that it allows you to adjust the “SRS 3D Effect” - which essentially tweaks your audio output to give the impression that your stereo speakers are further apart than they really are. This feature is commonly known as “stereo widening” or “stereo separation.” If you’ve ever messed around with the Nokia N95’s audio setting, you’ll know what we’re talking about here.

Imagine that, stereo-sounding audio from your stereo speaker. Just remember to change your audio setting when you use headphones - there’s a special setting for that.

SRS WOW won’t endow your WinMo handset with the same audio-prowess as the N95 (it’s got damn fine audio-performance, by the way), but hey, it’s better than the crap-audio you’re dealing with now.

Grab SRS WOW here:
Windows Mobile (Standard/non-touchscreen)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=1792104&postcount=33
Windows Mobile (Pro/touchscreen)
http://www.winmobiletech.com/012008SRSWOWHD/SRS_WOWHD_ARM.rar

Download the file, unarchive the CAB file, then install it directly from your Windows Mobile device. Reboot your device and you’ll find your SRS WOW plugin under Start / Settings / System / WOW HD Settings.

Mobile social network Mig33's raises some serious cash to make feature phones more powerful
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/02/01/mobile-social-network-mig33s-raises-some-serious-cash-to-make-feature-phones-more-powerful.html

www.Mig33.com convinced its existing investors — Accel, Redpoint and TVP — to pour out additional money (Series B) along with DCM which lead the deal, into the mobile social network. The company will use the whooping $13.5 million to expand in the U.S. and internationally.

Those not familiar should know www.Mig33.com works via dedicated Java-based mobile application, which goes beyond the usual profiles and friending features, and also includes some of the smartphone’s standard features like VoIP calls, instant messaging, e-mail, text messaging, and picture sharing. In some markets, like South Africa, www.Mig33.com even sell calling cards.

At the moment, www.Mig33.com has over 9 million users across more than 200 countries, which sign on for more than a total of 2 million sessions and send more than 45 million messages each day. As for the image sharing, Mig33’s users send more than a million pictures to each other every month…

Nokia's N82 now in black -- $629 unlocked
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/06/nokias-n82-now-in-black-629-unlocked/

After having scooped the world with the first press shots of the N82 in silver,
Intomobile brings us the first shots of the N82 in black.
Nothing else is new.
Then again,with a 5 megapixel camera,xenon flash,Carl Zeiss glass and quad-band GSM with HSDPA data,
assisted GPS, 802.11b/g WiFi, Bluetooth, FM Tuner, 3.5-mm jack, microSD slot, and 2.4-inch auto-rotating display...
is there anything you're missing?
Oh right, HSDPA on US frequencies would be damn nice if Nokia hopes to grow their domestic presence.
$629 is the unlocked cost, but hey, shipping is free.

^^^^^ damn I want to the black one looks better,don´t you think Tony? ^^^

Still waiting to upgrade your AT&T 8525 to Windows Mobile 6.0? You still have time.
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/02/05/still-waiting-to-upgrade-your-att-8525-to-windows-mobile-60-you-still-have-time.html

If you still haven’t upgraded your AT&T 8525 to the newer Windows Mobile 6.0 ROM, you still have time - luckily. You see, HTC and AT&T offered up the free upgrade
http://www.intomobile.com/2007/10/31/htc-announces-windows-mobile-60-upgrade-for-att-8525.html
So, if you’ve been lagging on bringing back your device’s fresh and clean (install, that is) feeling, you just lucked out. It seems the download deadline has been lifted. AT&T 8525 customers will now have until this coming Halloween to download the AT&T 8525 Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional ROM upgrade.
http://www.intomobile.com/2007/10/31/htc-announces-windows-mobile-60-upgrade-for-att-8525.html

Nokia Aeon on eBay - say what?
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/02/05/nokia-aeon-on-ebay-say-what.html

A Nokia Aeon
http://www.intomobile.com/2006/10/13/nokias-phone-of-the-future-aeon.html
is on sale on eBay? Riiight. Let’s all whip out our PayPal accounts and bid this auction up. The Nokia Aeon was going for just $999, which is a steal, considering that the handset is a Nokia concept and nothing more.

If you haven’t realized by now, the Nokia Aeon auction is a fake scam con unbelievably stupid attempt to steal other people’s money. eBay has already taken the auction down, but it was funny while it lasted.

Should you ever come across and of mercerwholesaleelectroncs8888’s auctions, you would do well to steer clear. This guy’s out to get some poor suckers money. Don’t be that sucker.

Apple kicks up iPhone storage to 16GB for $100 more

thought I’d say this, but this is the first time that I sincerely feel like getting rid of my iPhone 8GB. It’s just not as appealing as it once was.

Calm down. The only reason I say this is because my iPhone 8GB is no longer the big-kid on the iPhone-block. You see, Apple has just updated their iPhone (and iPod Touch) lineup to include a new 16GB version of the iPhone. That means we’re going back to the two-tier iPhone system that we saw with the 4GB and 8GB iPhones.

The new iPhone 16GB (and iPod Touch 32GB) will ding your wallet for an extra C-note ($100), but for double the memory it’s a bargain (that is, if you can call $499 a bargain). And, that is exactly what makes me want to get rid of my 8GB iPhone….and grab a 16GB iPhone.

Hey Apple! Let’s get an iPhone swap program going. Pretty please?

[Update]
Prices in the UK and Germany are £329 and 499 Euros, respectively.

http://www.vampent.com/emu.htm

^^^^you know what it is ^^^^^

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 03:30:05 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #397 on: February 11, 2008, 09:00:18 AM »
Samsung News

Samsung's F480 Armani (without the Armani), Dual Touch Chic G400 flip and F400 B&O slider
http://www.mobile-review.com/exhibition/2008-3gsm-samsung-en.shtml

Samsung at 3GSM Congress

So it happens that our coverages of 3GSM Congress tend to kick off with write-ups on Samsung, which is not due to some agreements we have with this manufacturer, or our sympathies – it is all about editorial savvy. The thing is, before departing for the exhibition, it is always good to take a huge load off our shoulders, knowing that we won’t have to go over the slew of Samsung’s offerings in a hurry, for this requires a great deal of concentration and cool judgment. The company has been using the Congress to roll out as many new phones as possible, year in year out, whereas other makers prefer to lift the veil of mystery step-by-step, in course of the year, although, they still have a lot of things under their belts coming to this exhibition. As far as Samsung is concerned, this approach occasionally leads to debuts of solutions that are still somewhat far off. Last year, one of the most interesting showcased devices had been the Samsung F700, which hit selected markets only by the end of 2007, while handsets clad in wood and precious metals never made it at all. Nevertheless, many handsets have actually garnered much interest on the market, and, what is curious, Samsung has even managed to get through another generation of phones, so that these days it is showing off all novelties it has up its sleeve.

This article will get expanded with photos we have taken at the maker’s booth (supposedly in the evening), and probably churn out some write-ups on the most interesting solutions – one of them, our take on the Samsung G810 is already available at our main page. Stay tuned to get the most comprehensive coverage on the event taking place in Barcelona.
Samsung’s strategy for 2008

A relatively unexpected boon in the form of the second place, in mobile phone global sales chart (all thanks to Motorola), has provoked a revision of the maker’s range and priorities. What is interesting is that, this year’s 3GSM Congress will see the same leitmotif coming from other manufacturers in one way or another – what made the headlines yesterday is taking a back seat today. Imaging capabilities in mobile phones remain vital, although, they are not mind-blowing anymore, as the next big focus is entertainment and services.

Samsung has brought a couple of things to the fore, and the first one is its portfolio that is now divided up into 4 big ranges:
Style – fashion-savvy solutions, this group also includes all flagship phones specifically those coming from the U- and F-series. At this year’s Congress, they are ushering in two products of this type – the new flagship, Samsung U900 Soul, and the Samsung F480.
Multimedia – the maker virtually divides this segment into two camps: music and imaging, which is the right thing to do, since either sub-class has its own heroes, and own solutions, basically, there are no convergent devices that pack in both top-notch music department and stellar imaging capabilities.
Business – enterprise solutions and business-minded handsets, this group comprises primarily of Windows Mobile and Symbian based devices.
Infotainment – asymmetric answer to Nokia’s N-Gage platform, and Sony Ericsson’s revitalized and re-positioned Play Now. In a nutshell, this line comprises of entertainment-ready phones, although by and large, Samsung-branded phones offer nothing beyond stock games, and other applications.

Dismissing the classification Samsung utilizes for its products, you will find another way to categorize them. For instance, they are rolling out the La Fleur 2 collection (three phones) for women at 3GSM. La Fleur aside, the maker has demoed a couple of other models designed exclusively for women and comprising the L-series. An in-depth review of the La Fleur 2 range is coming up shortly, and for now, let’s move on to other solutions.

Touchscreen-enabled phones represent another promising branch of development for the company. In this field, they are rivaling LG, although Samsung has assumed the role of the runner-up (which we investigated in our review on the Samsung F490). By the way, we got our hands on a commercial edition of the F490 and will be updating the review later this week – they have slightly altered the design, sales package and some other minor things.

Without going into detail, Samsung is planning to extend the basic segmentation with more sub-groups and specific ranges, which will make for more precise positioning, and allow for an easier target audience based marketing of phones. Now, let’s look at the maker’s main offerings and their strengths/weaknesses.

The Flagship – Samsung U900 Soul

If you ask me which form-factor will be Samsung’s favorite when it comes to designing a new flagship, I will snap answer - slider. Having initially banked on clamshells, the company has gotten really into slider-type phones as well. The Samsung U600 was so successful that even with the negative feedback regarding its touch-sensitive buttons in mind, the maker is now rolling out a follow-up to that handset – the U900, which will be its flagship solution for the year to come. Furthermore, they want it to sell at least as well as the U600/U700, which doesn’t look impossible at all.

The newcomer is dubbed “Soul”, and there is something more than just a regular meaning to it, “Soul” is also short for “The Spirit Of Ultra”, emphasizing that it stands above all models in the Ultra Edition range.

The handset measures up at 105.9x49.8x12.9 mm, being pretty thin for a handset coming bundled with a 5 Megapixel autofocus-enabled camera, although it doesn’t differ much from the unit installed in the Samsung G600, what we mean is that it will shoot in a similar fashion, and for the most part, won’t be able to stand up to the solutions from Nokia and Sony Ericsson. On the other hand, it is a pretty decent camera for an all-in-one device, plus it boasts a couple of software modes, like Face Detection (a self-explanatory feature) and Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) that enhances images taken in low light (sets higher ISO settings, when the U900 finds out it is very dark around). The last thing we need to note is the U900’s image stabilizer, so on paper, its won’t be too far from the imaging-savvy Samsung G810, probably with the only difference being QVGA video recording. But in reality, the G810 is definitely ahead the Samsung U900 on all fronts, as far as photography is concerned, all thanks to its real optics (not a piece of plastic found on the U900). All-in all, it is pretty much in line with the finest imaging-ready offerings from other manufacturers – I managed to do a shootout between one of the Soul's prototypes and a of Sony Ericsson's CyberShot mass-market device, sporting a similar camera, and found them to be nearly identical. So, the U900’s camera is positively one of its fortes, albeit it is not the market’s finest solution. But, this handset is relatively minuscule at that, so this camera will be more than passable, as you can’t squash a stellar unit and a bevy of other features into a very pocketable casing anyway.

The phone’s casing features both plastic and silverish metal accents. I bet we’ll see the U900’s black edition along with other trims very soon – that’s the company’s strategy and it never backed away from it even once. But, why are they showcasing not the most spectacular silver colour scheme first? Simply because they want to focus the market’s attention on the U900’s truly metallic casing and texture. But, the truth is, all these metallic plates are not even 1mm thick, however the user won’t notice that unless he rips the handset apart.

The U900 is the market’s second device (the Samsung E950 was the pioneer) to adopt a touch-sensitive display instead of a navi-button. While it was nameless in the E950, here, the maker’s marketers have come up with quite a title for a flagship device. They call it Magic Touch by DaCP. I have no idea why they spelled the abbreviation wrong (that’s what you will find in the press-release), as it in fact stands for Dynamic Adaptive Control Panel. A multitude of terms in one name doesn’t do this solution any justice – it would’ve been better off with just “Magic Touch” without that awkward “DaCP’, since even some of Samsung’s employees can’t give this technology’s full name anyway. By the way, I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what “DaCP” meant, and I guess it is a record of some sort.

This display renders task-relevant buttons sitting on the places of directional keys. For instance, if you are managing the music player, you will see music controls, while for browser, the display morphs to offer navigation keys. However, this screen is let down by the lack of any tactile feedback, which is a common drawback among touch-screens. Similar context aware buttons are getting implemented into solutions from other makers as well, for example, you will find a bunch of these in the Motorola ROKR E8, but mind the fact that for these purposes it employs not a dedicated display, but a preset symbol layout engraved on a plastic sub-layer.

The phone’s music department is on par with other offerings, as it utilizes the ICEpower amplifier designed by B&O, which makes for loud and clear sound. On the downside, the music player packs in no bells and whistles and doesn’t have a rainbow of features you can get with Sony Ericsson’s handsets; but it holds its own when it comes to sound. The manufacturer rates its battery life as being good for 15 hours of music, which is pretty good. The U900 also comes armed with an RDS-enabled FM-radio.

Almost forgot to mention that the display is capable of showing up to 16 million colours, plus it hides underneath a mirror-like surface, lending it a feel quite similar to the Samsung U600. All colours seemed bright and vibrant; the screen measures 2.2 inches from corner to corner and sports QVGA resolution. The U900’s display also felt quite sturdy.

The handset’s software is done pretty much in the same vein as other latest-and-greatest offerings from Samsung, though with a couple of features that the maker puts focus on. Specifically, menu themes are settling down in the feature pack, what is more, you will be able to modify them as you please (sounds, wallpapers, menu color scheme). Moreover, you will be allowed to make up your own animated screensavers stitched together from various images or photos, enhanced by a selection of effects. This feature made its first appearance with the Samsung G800 – check out a sample video demoing it in our review.

Video, user-created animated wallpapers (mpg, 17,4 mb) >>>

As regard the rest of the U900’s functionality, it supports HSDPA, comes with quad-band (European) GSM connectivity, carries a microSD memory expansion slot onboard, along with OMA DRM 2.0, RSS, Google Search, support for MTP and hence Windows Media. Also inside are Bluetooth 2.0 and USB 2.0.

On balance, the U900 is a quite decent phone, a true flagship, although not without its own weak spots, in this case – ergonomics of the touch-sensitive buttons. Nevertheless, the example of the Samsung U600’s wild success indicates that consumers aren’t put off but this quirk, so we have no reason to believe the U900 will have any problems in this sense. The phone starts shipping in March, word is it will retail for around 400 Euro.

Style range
Samsung F480 – another Armani

They have the Samsung Armani, and here comes the Samsung F480 - a lookalike, yet it has nothing to do with the co-branding hype. Missing name of a fashion designer doesn’t make it worse or less interesting – on the contrary, in many ways it surpasses its predecessor. Measuring up at 97.9x55x11.5 mm, it boasts a 2.8-inch display, capable of 240x320-pixel resolution (QVGA). It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to guess that the F480 will come preinstalled with the next version of Croix OS, which is the system the Samsung Armani runs on. Almost all menus offer tactile feedback for every screen tap (the handset starts vibrating a little). What makes this phone interesting is its 3G connectivity, FM-radio and a 5 Megpixel autofocus-enabled camera, with an LED flash. It carries 240 Mb of inbuilt storage, which can be beefed up with microSD memory cards. As far as software is concerned, it comes with themes, RSS, and some other generic options for the latest generation of Samsung’s offerings.

This phone’s release is slotted for April or May with its price tag set to 350-400 Euro, which, however, will greatly depend on how much LG will decide to charge for its similar offering.

Samsung G400 – Dual Touch Chic

The motto they picked for the G400, “Dual Touch Chic” is spot-on, since it stresses that both screens on this handset are touch-sensitive, plus its design is very well described with the word “chic”. Limited number of technologies and edges on the mobile phone market means they will be similar-sounding slogans and product names – for instance, HTC is offering the Touch Dual, which is its latest and greatest offering.

But the foremost thing about this folder is not a pair of touch-sensitive displays, although they seem to be its centerpiece, but its all-metal casing. Samsung has never had phones like this before, and if the G400 gets popular, they might push this concept beyond a single model. The phone’s dimensions are 102.8x51.5x15.4mm, which is what we have come to expect from a folding phone.

Frankly speaking, why would someone need another touch screen, since the only function it can handle is the music player; but it will give it a good run-through at the maker’s booth to figure out whether they have added something with the latest versions of software, or hardware. It may seem that the G400 is Samsung’s reaction to the Motorola RAZR2 V8, however they deliver such different feelings and experiences, that putting them up against one another won’t make much sense. The only thing they have in common is controls, but, that’s about it.

The internal QVGA display measures 2.2 inches diagonally and shows up to 262 K colors. The G400’s specs are no different from other Samsung’s top-of-the-line offerings, plus it retains a 5 Megapixel autofocus-enabled camera, RDS-powered FM-radio, 100 Mb of storage, and a microSD memory expansion slot.

The phone is set to launch in late April or early in May at 300 Euro.

Samsung L310 – glamorous to the core

This handset comes from the La’Fleur 2 collections, and some of our readers are aware of it. We will be putting it through its paces in our review very soon, probably this week already. What about it? Well, the L310 was definitely designed with Nokia’s L’Amour Collection in mind, as it employs the same colour scheme with gold, black and dark-brown. In fact, it doesn’t even have an external display – by folding it open, you activate the floral ornament on the top portion of the phone.

The L310 has every last thing a women could only demand: period calendar, calories counter, shopping list, and other features. Curiously, La’Fleur offerings have never been technologically talented, making up for this with their fancy designs. This handset is no exception, as it comes equipped with a 176x220-pixel display, and a diagonal size of 1.8 inches, a 2 MegaPixel camera, and several welcome improvements in the menu. All-in-all, the L310 is more of a mixed bag, considering its design, functionality and price.

Samsung L320 – Aqua still lives

As far as sales are concerned, the previous edition of the La’Fleur collection was topped by the Samsung E570 (Aqua), plus it turned out to have the longest lifespan. This handset stood out thanks to its quirky design, a bevy of color schemes and women’s love.

It would have been criminal not to roll out a follow up to this device, so Samsung did the right thing. The new phone goes by the name of “L320”, but it is not all that different from its predecessor, primarily in view of having a fully-fledged vertically laid out outer display. As far as other feats and smarts go, these two are pretty much identical, with the L320 sporting a 2 MegaPixel camera, RDS-enabled FM radio, music player, and the ability to bulk the built-in storage up with microSD cards. Aren’t they twin brothers? Pardon me, sisters.

The handset is about to hit the market, and its review will become available on Mobile-Review.com after February 15.

Samsung L170 – inexpensive candy-bar with ambitions

When slim is in, many people start being nicer to you, provided that you are a phone. While Nokia runs with its 6500 Classic, and Sony Ericsson is presenting its brand-new W890i, Samsung picks a different approach. Why do they need to enter the market with an expensive solution, when they can come up with a reasonably priced unsophisticated handset that will have all the makings of a luxury device? That’s the story of the Samsung L170 (given its index, does it aim at women? I suppose no, judging by what it has under the hood). Metallic accents in design, 10.7mm profile, radio and player onboard, but a baby display measuring 1.6 inches diagonally, landscape orientation and a resolution of 220x176 pixels (262 K colors); plus a 2 Megapixel camera added for good measure. All this makes the L170 an appealing solution with a relatively light price tag (175 Euro), and if it will go a few rungs down the pricing ladder, it will make a solid statement as a potential leader of sales charts. Look for it on the shelves in March.

Samsung J150 – The Glitter in Svelte

You thought the L170 was the cheapest candy bar clad in metal around? Well, it is official – you were wrong. In order to congest the market and push Motorola’s SLVR out of business, Samsung is releasing a really cheap entry-level device. While it is only 9.9 mm deep, other specs are little to no different from this segment’s standards – 1.9-inch display (176x220 pixels, 65K , TFT), 1.3 Megapixel camera, FM-radio, Bluetooth and a memory expansion slot for microSD cards. Think of yourself looking at a phone with these feats a couple of years ago – you would have said “wow”, but these days it is a budget handset retailing for 120-130 Euro.

Samsung J700 – The Beauty of Black Pearl

Who said that low-end models can’t be charming? Obviously, Samsung has a different point of view, which is the reason they have come up with an inexpensive phone showing off a mirrorish surface, and of course it comes in black. As far as its spec sheet goes, it so short that we could have easily overlooked it – the J700 retains an FM-radio, 1.3 Megapixel camera, 2-inch display (128x160 pixels), microSD memory card slot and a music player thrown in for good measure. The handset is quite compact at 99.5x48x14.9 mm. The J700’s release is scheduled for early March, and 130-140 Euro should definitely be able to buy you one.

Samsung L770 – Mobile Sophisticate

We have just been speaking about a phone decked out in a mirriorish finish, and what do you know – another model sporting this fancy design. There is nothing special to its technical specifications, for it is a UMTS-enabled phone from the previous generation packing in a 2 Megapixel camera, radio and other default features. Basically, it is here just to diversify the maker's range, despite having a pretty high index, which is more likely to indicate the L770’s price tag and the premium its owners will pay for design. This phone will be available in a variety of colors, right from the word go.

The L770 is set to go on sale in April and be freely available for 260-280 Euro.

Samsung E251 – gear up with music

One of the market’s most popular sliders was the Samsung E250, only because it looked so much like the Samsung D900, however it didn’t every try to hide its origins, being an entry-level solution to the bone, yet packed in an FM-radio, memory expansion slot and even a VGA camera. In an effort to prolong its lifespan, Samsung has added 1 to its index, a dedicated music key and.. well, that’s pretty much it. When it hits the shelves, the E251 will go for around 120-130 Euro, which is passable. Those who want to learn more about this phone should probably read our review on the Samsung E250, thankfully, the enhancements introduced in the E251 don’t make all that much of a difference.

Multimedia range

I won’t be covering the products of this range that have already debuted on the market, and will rather give you a handful of links to our in-depth reviews:
Samsung F490
Samsung G800
Samsung i450
Samsung F330
Samsung F250 (coming up next week)

I hope that you have put an eye on the small strange detail in the list above – it includes both music-minded solution and the imaging-heavy G800, while the maker’s new flagship is nowhere to be found. That’s because of Samsung’s new positioning model, although the G810 would have been better off in this category, rather than in the Infotainment range. The Samsung F250 opens the La’Fleur 2 line-up and turns out that it belongs to the Style class as well. This contradiction has been solved in a very straightforward way – they have rolled out two editions of the F250, the one with a fancy pattern on the casing is meant for women, whereas the other one is a music-ready offering. Moreover, to distinguish them in a big way, the maker has put tiny speakers into the F250 music edition’s box.

Samsung F400 –B&O’s music-minded marvel

When the Serenata (or Symphoy), the fruit of Samsung’s collaboration with B&O ,saw release, everybody liked its speakers and the sound quality they delivered, which turned this quirky phone into a potent music box. But given all oddities of the Serenata and it decidedly going against the average consumer’s common sense, it can only dream of becoming widely adopted. Back in September, one of Samsung’s managers said: “Serenata offers marvelous sound, but don’t expect its components to make it to mass-market solutions, they are way too expensive”. Thankfully, his gloomy predictions haven’t come true, as we are now having the pleasure of playing around with the Samsung F400, whose music department has been taken care of by B&O’s engineers.

The F400 employs dual-slider action – sliding it down will reveal two loudspeakers plus the B&O logo. Effectively, two speakers are not a must, for the distance between them is too insignificant to allow for a “stereo effect” of any kind. In the average Joe’s mind, two is always better than one, so the F400 comes with two speakers onboard. Regardless of whether you have earphones on or not, the handset delivers good sound quality.

What about other specs of the F400? It is a 3G device sporting a 2.2-inch display, with a QVGA resolution (262K, TFT), 3 Megapixel camera, with autofocus, slot for microSD memory cards and an RDS-enabled FM-radio. The F400 arrives in late March, with a price tag of 370-390 Euro. All-in-all, it is one of the finest phones Samsung has rolled out at 3GSM – a music-centric flagship in a way.
Business range

This range primarily comprises smartphones, bu,t for some reason, the Samsung D880 DuoS has made it into their ranks. I have to confess – the review was composed long ago, but I haven’t had time to publish it so far, and we will definitely make up for that in February. In my mind, the lack of a stand-alone DuoS range, and this phone’s positioning as a one-off solution is a tribute to carriers, who find these solutions no different from a disaster. Why would Samsung tease them for no reason? And Samsung is not teasing them, but still is offering the DuoS at its booth.

As for the rest of this range, below is the list of device we have already reviewed:
Samsung i780
Samsung i550
Samsung i560
Samsung i200 –Windows Mobile gone cheap

There is nothing special about the i200 – it is a threadbare candybar, featuring 3G connectivity, a conventional keypad, 2 Megapixel camera, Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard, and a microSD memory expansion slot. The handset also comes with an unusual screen diagonal of 2.3 inches, and QVGA resolution. The i200 is due this spring, no word on its price, but, it is said to slip below 200 Euro. Probably, some will find this solution of certain interest, as it seems to be a relatively cheap WM-powered smartphone, and its price tag is not of the least importance.
Infotainment range

The centerpiece of this range is, undoubtedly, the Samsung G810, but we won’t be writing even a word more on, the reason being that our hands-on impressions are available in a dedicated piece on this handset already today.

This range also includes the Samsung F700 – learn more about it here.

The Samsung F490 has received an update in the form of the SCH-W420, an offering for the Korean market that sports only a 2 Megapixel camera, yet comes bundled with mobile TV (T-DMB). This phone won’t be shipped to other regions, though.

Another phone of note is the folder-type phone, the W350, supporting satellite DMB signal. Curiously, the maker considers this handset’s 2.2-inch diagonal suited for watching videos, and what is more, consumers nod in approval as well. In this sense, beliefs shared by some many people that 2.2, 2.4 or 2.6 inch diagonals are insufficient for video fall apart. Of course, it is always great to enjoy bigger displays, but, if there are no other options, this one will have to do.

The last mobile TV enabled device on the agenda is the P960, boasting support for DVB-H, and housed in the slider-type form factor. At 102x53x16.5 mm, it packs in a diagonal screen size of 2.6 inches, and offers QVGA resolution. Its TV features also include PiP (picture in picture), but as for the rest, it is a typical Samsung-branded offering coming equipped with a 3 Megapixel autofocus-enabled camera, music player and other features. The question remains whether the P960 will see its commercial release, but I, for one, don’t think there is a good chance of that.

Roundup

Effectively, at 3GSM Congress, Samsung has revealed its plans for 6-7 months to come, which include the new flagship (Samsung U900 Soul), and leaders in specific fields – the Samsung G810 and Samsung F400 (imaging and music respectively). Our avid and savvy readers shouldn’t be confused by the wealth of offerings that re-debuted at this exhibition. In fact, Samsung is the only top manufacturer that is still into CEBIT, held in Hanover. I suppose this maker has a couple of models left in stock for that fair as well, especially as far as mid-tier devices are concerned. All in all, they haven’t introduced a multitude of sliders scheduled for summer 2008, nor have they rolled out the update to the Ultra Edition range (the whole range, rather than a sole flagship), plus a couple of other lesser solutions are yet to be announced. This year should see a ton of touchscreen-enabled handsets, as well as Samsung-branded solutions, running S60, the reason being that the maker is trying to grab a bigger market chunk in Europe, and basically all markets where Motorola’s influence is now fading. It is a sound goal, so let’s wait and see how it turns out

WOW,Samsung got a gang off new phones coming  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I found this one the most interesting,check the speakers  :o
Samsung F400 –B&O’s music-minded marvel

Nokia news

The Nokia 6220 classic, all 5 megapixels of it
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/02/11/the-nokia-6220-classic/

Why should Nseries devices get all the 5 megapixel, S60-packin' fun? Nokia thinks they shouldn't, popping out the generously-spec'd 6220 classic at Mobile World Congress today. At a suggested retail of €325 (about $471), the attractive candybar slides well under the N96's hefty sticker while hanging onto a Carl Zeiss lens with a 5 megapixel sensor -- and actually outdoes its pricier cousin by adding a xenon flash. It'll also include integrated AGPS, TV out, microSD expansion, FM radio, and HSDPA 900 / 2100 alongside quadband EDGE when it becomes available in the third quarter of the year.

The Nokia 6210 Navigator
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/02/11/the-nokia-6210-navigator/

The Nokia Navigator is back, and this time around, it's got enough 3G to satisfy pretty much everyone. Succeeding the 6110, the 6210 Navigator slider obviously puts an emphasis on providing directions to your destination, and a few nifty features help it excel at the task. First up, it features the just-announced Nokia Maps 2.0 app, which provides pedestrian in addition to the typical auto navigation -- a logical feature, considering this thing spends much of its life in your pants, not mounted to your windshield; secondly, it sports an integrated accelerometer that can keep the map updated at a reasonable rate while you're trolling about on foot ; third, the car mount is standard fare in the retail box, along with a 1GB microSD card. The S60 Third Edition handset also features an FM radio, Bluetooth 2.0, 3.2 megapixel camera, 120MB of internal storage, and -- get this -- can be used for navigation without a SIM card. Imagine that! It'll come in no fewer than four versions -- one with EDGE only and three with various flavors of HSDPA for different corners of the world -- in the third quarter for €300 (about $435).

The Nokia N96 redefines "high-end"
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/11/the-nokia-n96-redefines-high-end/

Rumored for a few weeks now as the N95's successor in waiting, the mighty N96 dual slider has gone all official on us at Mobile World Congress today. Though the phone it replaces is still a beast by any measure, the N96 pushes the envelope further by packing a solid 16GB of storage internally in addition to a microSD slot, something the N95 8GB lacks.
The 5 megapixel autofocus camera with Carl Zeiss Tessar lens carries over,
but there are now two LEDs doing flash and video light duty.
The 2.8 inch QVGA display will come in handy for the integrated DVB-H mobile TV tuner, while a 3.5mm headphone jack, A2DP,
and integrated stereo speakers should handle audio with aplomb.
Other features include WiFi, AGPS,
and morphing lights on the smaller second slide that hook the user up with
game controls when it's time to relax with a little N-Gage action.
Unfortunately, the first version of the N96 (and the only version announced thus far)
supports HSDPA only on the 900 and 2100MHz bands,
but we imagine the strength of the spec sheet should still be enough to sell a few
of these stateside when it launches in the third quarter for €550 (about $797).

Nokia N96 world exclusive hands-on
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FvUvuCOhwVM&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FvUvuCOhwVM&amp;rel</a>

Now we´re talking; 16GB of storage internally in addition to a microSD slot.
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
But fuck a "slide" phone,come with a "bar" phone and I´m sold.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Nokia N78, in European and North American flavors
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/11/the-nokia-n78-in-european-and-north-american-flavors/

The revamped Nseries lineup is coming fast and furious since the launch of the N81 and N82 late last year, and the latest candybar to get the updated industrial design is the N78, a midrange handset (by Nseries standards, anyway)
with an integrated FM transmitter setting it apart from the crowd.
Another notable feature is its picture geotagging capability,
made possible by the 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera paired with integrated AGPS.
Other than that, it's pretty much your average S60 Third Edition Feature Pack 2 piece with Bluetooth and WiFi,
though it's the very first Nseries model to be announced in both European and North American 3G versions simultaneously
 -- and if that's not progress, we don't know what is.
Look for it to start stocking shelves next quarter for €350 (about $507).

with an integrated FM transmitter setting it apart from the crowd.
^^^^^^dope feature ^^^^^^

Sony Ericsson News

Two for the Cyber-shot crowd: Sony Ericsson intros C702 and C902
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/10/two-for-the-cyber-shot-crowd-sony-ericsson-intros-c702-and-c902/

At its press conference yesterday, Sony Ericsson has unveiled two new members of the Cyber-shot family - C702 and C902. Let's briefly go through them, shall we:

Sony Ericsson C702 Cyber-shot
3.2 MP camera, auto focus, 2x digital zoom, video recording
aGPS, Google Maps and Wayfinder pre-installed, Geo tagging
Splash and dust resistant
2.2" 262,144 QVGA color screen
Size: 106×48x15.5 mm, weight: 105 grams

Sony Ericsson C902 Cyber-shot
5 MP camera, auto focus, 2.5x digital zoom, video recording with light, image and video stabiliser
Face Detection
2" 262,144 QVGA color screen
108×49x10.5 mm, weight: 107 grams

In addition, both devices support stereo Bluetooth (A2DP), FM radio, and HSDPA connectivity. As for the pre-installed software, whether you grab the C702 or C902 — somewhere in Q2 2008 when they hit "select markets" — you'll get PlayNow, TrackID, Java, NetFront web browser, RSS reader, picture blogging, and other standard apps already on board.

The Sony Ericsson W980
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/10/the-sony-ericsson-w980/

Just as we've expected, Sony Ericsson announced the latest addition to its Walkman family of handsets - W980. Created with "music in mind," the new Walkman clamshell is simply beautiful in its "Piano Black" color.

As for the specs, there's the quad-band GSM/GPRS radio, HSDPA, stereo Bluetooth (A2DP), 2.2" QVGA internal and 176×176 pixels external screen, dedicated music keys, 8GB of internal memory, 3.2 MP camera, auto rotate feature, FM radio, FM transmitter (very cool), Shake control, TrackID, SensMe, and much more. Available from Q3 2008 in select markets… Full release follows after the jump.

PRESS RELEASE - Sony Ericsson today revealed the W980, a Walkman phone that promises to get the most out of your music. Its unique audio enhancing technology, together with the Walkman on Top design, sees the W980 cement Sony Ericsson's position as a true market leader in the world of music on your mobile.

"The W980 Walkman phone really sets a new standard for music on your phone," said Ben Padley, Head of Music Marketing, at Sony Ericsson. "We wanted to design a leading music player that we could combine with a feature-packed phone, all the while pioneering an audio experience that always left you wanting more. The W980 will surpass all expectations."

W980 Walkman phone Created with music in mind
Clear audio experience - Superior sound quality lets you enjoy your music as it was meant to be heard
Walkman on Top - Intuitive music access and control,
Storage solutions - 8GB internal memory lets you store up to 8,000 songs

Be true to the original recording

The W980 Walkman phone is designed to allow you to listen to music as it should be heard. Clear stereo enables the music to sound like the original recording. Clear bass delivers distortion free sound even at higher volumes. These features combine with the premium headphones, the Stereo Portable Handsfree HPM-77, to deliver an incredible clear audio experience and music that sounds as true as possible to the original recording

Share your music with friends

The W980 Walkman phone has a built-in FM transmitter, which allows you to send whatever's playing on your phone to other devices with a built-in FM radio receiver. This gives you the ability to share your music with all those around you, whether through a friend's hi-fi or your car stereo.

Quality music is made for sharing with the W980. Unplug your headset, sit back and let the music flow through the integrated stereo speakers for all to enjoy. Select a track from the extensive music library – the W980 lets you store up to 8000 songs – or tune in to your favourite radio station and listen out loud. No need to plug in an FM Receiver, since this is on-board with the W980.

Build your collection every day

With the recent evolution of PlayNow arena, Sony Ericsson's popular over-the-air (OTA) and web download service being launched this May, you will be able to access up to 5 million tracks to maximise your music collection. The W980's TrackID feature, which can identify any track that you just can't put a name to, will be fully integrated into PlayNow arena. This makes the W980 a genuine gateway to great music, as you can download the track instantly once it has been identified.

Customise your sound

You can tailor the W980's Walkman player to the music that you're listening to. This latest Walkman phone provides a choice of eight equaliser presets, each of which contains a distinct profile that is suitable to a range of music. So whether you're listening to jazz, pop or heavy metal, you've can always choose the best sound for the song.

Control your music at your fingertips

The Walkman on Top feature on the W980 gives you the full functionality of a Walkman player without even having to open your phone. The entire Walkman player that would normally be displayed on the inside of your clamshell is also replicated on the outside of the phone, so navigation through your music library is effortless.

Balance and beat

Every music enthusiast knows that a great audio experience requires great quality speakers or headphones. The W980 Walkman phone comes with the new Stereo Portable Handsfree HPM-77; a headset that lets you enjoy music in powerful stereo sound. The HPM-77 also allows users to take their calls handsfree, and its sleek design and in-ear wearing-style mean that it's both comfortable and reduces background noise to the bare minimum.

Whether listening via the headphones or the stereo speakers, the W980 Walkman phone is a must-have for those who want an unrivalled music experience, which they carry with them every minute of the day. It is a UMTS/HSDPA 2100 GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 phone that will be available in selected markets from Q3 2008.

The Stereo Portable Handsfree HPM-77 will be available in selected markets from June 2008.

Other goodies include an FM transmitter
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nice feature  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sony Ericsson G700 and G900 revealed
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/02/11/sony-ericsson-g700-and-g900-revealed.html#more-16442

The new G-series from Sony Ericsson is launching today at Mobile World Congress Barcelona as the Swedish-Japanese firm's "touchscreen organizer" offering. Sony Ericsson is touting this pair of handsets as a "personal organiser in-your-pocket keeps your contacts, calendars, notes, pictures and favourite Web sites all in one place and just a fingertip away." By which we presume that the Sony Ericsson G700 and G900 will be pulling PDA-duty for the smartphone set.

Both the Sony Ericsson G700 and Sony Ericsson G900 feature a 2.4-inch touchscreen display that allows the user to write "sticky notes" directly on the screen (with the stylus, of course). As an added bonus, the "sticky notes" can be "pasted" to the homescreen, serving as a handy reminder whenever you glance at your Sony Ericsson G700 or G900's display.

The SE G700 will be holding up the lower-end of this "organizer" duo. With a 3.2 megapixel camera, Bluetooth (A2DP), TrackID, FM radio with RDS, Opera web browser, text-input and calendar features, the G700 is definitely a capable handset (even if it is the "lighter" of the two handsets).

Which brings us to the Sony Ericsson G900. The SE G900 does everything its less-accomplished sibling is capable of doing, but bumps up the camera's pixel density to 5 megapixels and throws a bit of WiFi in the mix.

Both the G-series handsets from Sony Ericsson will be sporting tri-band (900/1800/1900Mhz) GSM/GPRS radios with European-flavored UMTS on the 2100Mhz band. Expect a Q2 2008 release with the G700 launching in Silk Bronze and the G900 launching in Dark Red and Dark Brown

Sony Ericsson takes touchscreen mainstream with two phones set to simplify your life

10 February 2008The new G700 and G900 phones are designed to give back time. They place personal organiser features and easy finger-touch control within familiar form factors.

Barcelona, Spain – 10th February 2008 – Sony Ericsson today launched a new generation of phone: Touchscreen organisers with a broad appeal. The G700 and G900 phones are essential tools designed to organise the lives of all those with busy schedules to juggle, both at home and at work.
The G700 is here to help you live your life to the full. This personal organiser in-your-pocket keeps your contacts, calendars, notes, pictures and favourite Web sites all in one place and just a fingertip away. Touch and go.
The G900 has all the functions of the G700 with the added features of a unique new 5.0 megapixel Touch Auto Focus camera, touch photo album and editor. Perfect for those looking for a one-touch media experience combined with their organiser.

“Sony Ericsson is delivering touchscreen and innovative organiser capabilities to a wide audience without compromising on the size or shape of the phone. Both the G700 and G900 have regular keyboards and are no larger than a regular phone.” says Martin Winkler, Director Global Marketing and Head of Multimedia Web at Sony Ericsson. “These phones are ideal for users that are only interested in making their lives simpler. It’s not about technology for the sake of it.”

Sony Ericsson G700 phone
One-touch full organiser functions
Touch controlled Notes application - write and draw your memo's
Large 2.4" display with unique single touch control menu
3,2 megapixel camera
Compact size

Calendar is King
Access your calendar, reach family and friends and scribble and save your notes on your phone. With the G700, you can jot down a note on the screen with a stylus, just as you would with a pen on paper, and save it on your phone’s desktop to remind you - just as you’d stick a note on the fridge. You can even draw a map to the local shop or doodle personal notes to send them to your loved ones! Holding everything that is important to you wherever you go, the G700 is the most natural way to manage life. There’s no longer a need to have your home calendar separate from work – it works with you, the way you do.

Intuitively simple
With the G700 you can enjoy touchscreen text input, Web surfing, calendar and phone navigation. Want to contact someone at home? Just touch the relevant name in your phonebook and all of the various contact options will appear onscreen. It’s instantly intuitive messaging. You can even browse your photo album using the tip of your finger. The G700 also has dedicated keys for messaging, notes and a key lock on the side of the phone. All it takes is one press to unlock.

Sony Ericsson G900 phone
One touch media experience
5.0 megapixel camera with touch Auto focus and Multi-shot function
One- touch media and organiser menu
Large 2.4" display with single touch control menu
Wi-Fi™ for high speed data transfer and internet browsing

Print-quality photos to keep
The G900’s 5.0 megapixel camera lets you take print-quality photos and share them with friends and family straight away.

Frame your shot and decide where you want to focus the camera by simply touching the screen. Also, with Camera Multi-Shot, hold down the camera key and take as many pictures as you like. Great for taking photos of your kids as they dash around the garden! Scroll through all of the photos on your phone with touch control and even edit them there with the Touch photo album and editor.

Stay mobile
Got a moment to surf? Access your favourite Web pages when you’re in a Wi-Fi™ hotspot and view them on the large 2.4” display. Use the stylus or your finger to zoom-in or pan around the page. When you’ve barely got a moment to spare, get RSS feeds direct to your phone for the latest updates; news, football scores or whatever you are in to.

Organize with a personal touch
Touch, type or write… Everything comes naturally with the G900. Organise your schedule, touch and tap to make calls and jot down notes before you forget it. The G900 works your way to let you get more into your day. It’s the power of personal touch.

The G700 will launch in Silk Bronze and the G900 will launch in Dark Red and Dark Brown. Both are UMTS 2100 and GSM/GPRS 900/1800/1900 phones that will be available in selected markets from Q2 2008.

Legal Information
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant.
2) Talk and standby times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. games. Kit contents and color options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.

© Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2007.

The liquid identity logo, TrackID and PlayNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony, Memory Stick Micro and M2 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.

Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.

TrackID is powered by Gracenote Mobile MusicID. Gracenote and Gracenote Mobile MusicID are trademarks of Gracenote, Inc.

Bluetooth is a trademark or registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc.

Picture blogging is powered by Blogger. Blogger is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc. Google is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc.

Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.

Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Subject to change without prior notice.

Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications was established as a 50:50 joint venture by Sony and Ericsson in October 2001, with global corporate functions located in London. The company serves the worldwide communications market with innovative and feature-rich mobile phones, accessories and PC-cards, and it has R&D sites in Europe, Japan, China, India and America. Sony Ericsson is the title sponsor of the Women's Tennis Association, and works with the Association to promote the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour in over 80 cities during the year. For more information, please visit www.sonyericsson.com

Symbian Powered ^^^^^^, The black G900 looks nice.

More details on the Sony Ericsson Z770
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/02/11/more-details-on-the-sony-ericsson-z770.html#more-16441

10 February 2008The new Sony Ericsson Z770 is a powerful web enabled phone designed to keep you up- to-date with the latest headlines, your favourite website and your email inbox.

Barcelona, Spain – 10th February 2008 – Sony Ericsson today announced the launch of the new Z770, an elegant clamshell phone optimised for the web and benefiting from HSDPA data speeds. This classic-looking clamshell phone offers capabilities beyond expectation. It is designed to make it straightforward to surf the web or receive the latest news, and the ‘email set-up wizard’ makes it simple to access your inbox. The Z770 can also be connected directly to a laptop (via USB cable) and can be used as a modem.

“The Z770 is deceptively powerful for such a compact clamshell phone,” said Martin Winkler, Director Global Marketing and Head of Multimedia Web at Sony Ericsson. “It appeals to busy people who demand hassle-free email and high quality Web access on the move. These people need to be in-touch, need to be on top of their email, but don’t necessarily want a smartphone or PDA. The Z770 is the uncomplicated answer.”

Z770 phone – Gets you online with effortless style
Easy email set-up – for ultimate convenience
High-speed web access and intuitive navigation features for fast web browsing
Google™ Maps for Mobile – receive step-by-step directions on your screen to your destination

Style in your pocket
A compact, reliable phone that helps you juggle work, home, friends and family. With HSDPA technology providing fast data speeds, the Z770 provides multiple methods of communication whether it’s for a business matter or just staying in touch with the family. This phone combines up to 8.5 hours talk time with easy email set-up and fast internet access. This makes the Z770 a versatile phone for those that have a hectic lifestyle both at work and at home with the family.

Your inbox in your hand
The Z770 makes it easier than ever before to access your email. Even if you’re a technical novice you can access Web email (Hotmail, Yahoo etc) and retrieve mail, straight from your phone. And with Exchange ActiveSync™, you can even configure your phone to have work emails pushed straight to your phone, making it easier than ever to stay in touch on the move.

Choose how you want to get online
The Z770 gives you online access, however you choose to get there. Surf the web or retrieve email directly on your phone when you’re in a cab. And when you’re in the hotel lobby, connect the Z770 to your laptop (via USB Cable) and use it as a modem to access the web on your computer.

Once online, web browsing on the Z770 is easy thanks to the Magnetic Mouse Pointer that is controlled by the navigation key. The key changes the icon depending on its position on the Web page (i.e. from text input to pointer or to link). Plus, pan and zoom into an area you’re interested in for easy reading on the good-sized (2.2”) screen.

Stay up-to-date
The Z770 offers you all the information you need, right at your fingertips. Receive RSS feeds from news or entertainment websites as the action happens. Or simply click on the RSS tile, or ‘widget’, for instant access to your favourite webpage from your phone’s desktop (or standby screen). In addition, the Z770 has a useful built-in weather forecast application, allowing you to receive regular weather updates and plan your long weekend accordingly.

As well as receiving the latest news and weather forecasts, you can also keep loved ones informed about your own news. Snap a photo on the Z770 and upload it instantly to your own blog site.

Stay in touch in your car
You don’t need to hold the phone in your hand to get the best out of the Z770. With the Bluetooth ™ Handsfree HCB-150, also announced today, you can catch-up with your client or family in your car while staying focused on the road. The HCB-150 also features a convenient text to speech feature; the HCB-150 verbally alerts you who is calling. The HCB-150 has a talk time of up to 25 hours and 700 hours standby time- long enough to last for quite a few trips!

The Z770 is a UMTS/HSDPA 2100 and GSM/EDGE 900/1800/1900 phone that will be available in Vogue Red, Graphite Black and Exquisite Gold in selected markets from Q2 2008.

The Bluetooth™ Car Speakerphone HCB-150 will be available globally from Q2 2008

Legal Information
1) Assumes eAAC+ encoded files
Facts and features may vary depending on local variant.
Talk and standby times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. games. Kit contents and color options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.

The Liquid Identity logo, TrackID, and PlayNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony, Memory Stick Micro and M2 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.

Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.

TrackID is powered by Gracenote Mobile MusicID. Gracenote and Gracenote Mobile MusicID are trademarks of Gracenote, Inc.

Bluetooth is a trademark or registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc.

Picture and video blogging are powered by Blogger. Blogger is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc. Google is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc.

Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.

Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Subject to change without prior notice.

Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications was established as a 50:50 joint venture by Sony and Ericsson in October 2001, with global corporate functions located in London. The company serves the worldwide communications market with innovative and feature-rich mobile phones, accessories and PC-cards, and it has R&D sites in Europe, Japan, China, India and America. Sony Ericsson is the title sponsor of the Women's Tennis Association, and works with the Association to promote the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour in over 80 cities during the year. For more information, please visit www.sonyericsson.com.

FOR MEDIA INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Sony Ericsson Corporate Communications & PR
Mattias Holm: +44 208 762 6065
General Press: +44 208 762 5858
E-mail: press.global@SonyEricsson.com
Product images: www.sonyericsson.com/press
Mobile World Congress/Sony Ericsson website: http://www.sonyericsson.com/mobileworldcongress

Sony Ericsson Z770 – At A Glance

Music
Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP)
Media player
Music tones (MP3/AAC)
PlayNow™
TrackID™

Camera
2.0 megapixel camera
2.5x digital zoom
Photo fix
Picture blogging
Video recording
x-Pict Story™ (slide shows)

Internet
Fast Web access with HSDPA
Access NetFront™ Web browser
RSS feeds
Google™ Maps for mobile pre-installed

Communication
Polyphonic ringtones
Speakerphone
Vibrating alert

Messaging
Email
Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync®
Instant messaging
Picture messaging (MMS)
Predictive text input
Sound recorder
Text messaging (SMS)

Design
Navigation key
Picture wallpaper
Wallpaper animation

Entertainment
3D games
FM radio
Java
Video streaming
Video viewing

Organiser
Alarm clock
Calculator
Calendar
Flight mode
Notes
Phone book
Stopwatch
Tasks
Timer

Connectivity
Bluetooth™ technology
Modem
PictBridge
Synchronization
USB mass storage
USB support

Accessories
In-box:
Charger
Battery
Stereo Portable Handsfree

Optional:
Bluetooth™ Car Speakerphone HCB-150
GPS Enabler HGE-100
Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-PV703
Deskstand CDS-75

Facts and Figures
Size: 93 x 48 x 15.5 mm
Weight: 91 gramsColours:
Vogue Red
Graphite Black
Exquisite Gold
Screen: 262,144 colour TFT
Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels
Size: 2.2 inches
Phone memory: Up to 32
MB Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™) support
Talk time GSM: Up to 8.5 hrs
Standby time GSM: Up to 340 hrs
Talk time UMTS: Up to 4.5 hrs
Standby time UMTS: Up to 350 hrs

Availability and versions
Networks:
UMTS/HSDPA 2100
GSM/GPRS 900/1800/1900

<
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 03:33:03 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #398 on: February 11, 2008, 12:59:24 PM »
by the way iPhone now comes in 16gb and will have its SDK (Software Developers Kit) released by the end of this month... so lets see what new goodies the developers briing to the table... should be great

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #399 on: February 11, 2008, 03:26:26 PM »
by the way iPhone now comes in 16gb and will have its SDK (Software Developers Kit) released by the end of this month...
so lets see what new goodies the developers bring to the table... should be great

I posted it on the previous page  ;);
Apple kicks up iPhone storage to 16GB for $100 more

thought I’d say this, but this is the first time that I sincerely feel like getting rid of my iPhone 8GB. It’s just not as appealing as it once was.

Calm down. The only reason I say this is because my iPhone 8GB is no longer the big-kid on the iPhone-block. You see, Apple has just updated their iPhone (and iPod Touch) lineup to include a new 16GB version of the iPhone. That means we’re going back to the two-tier iPhone system that we saw with the 4GB and 8GB iPhones.

The new iPhone 16GB (and iPod Touch 32GB) will ding your wallet for an extra C-note ($100), but for double the memory it’s a bargain (that is, if you can call $499 a bargain). And, that is exactly what makes me want to get rid of my 8GB iPhone….and grab a 16GB iPhone.

Hey Apple! Let’s get an iPhone swap program going. Pretty please?

[Update]
Prices in the UK and Germany are £329 and 499 Euros, respectively.

I was hoping for a little more,like getting up there with the badest feature phones from Nokia,SE and HTC. (I´m talking about specs)
16GB is still a nice upgrade tho  ;)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 12:52:11 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #400 on: February 12, 2008, 12:06:28 AM »
isn't 8gb enough?? i'm keeping my 8gb, although i'm still waiting to get it back from repairs..

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #401 on: February 12, 2008, 01:05:05 AM »
isn't 8gb enough??

Well if you don´t any more,you don´t need it right  ;).
But I know I would like to have more memory,N96 is going in the right direction;
The Nokia N96 redefines "high-end"
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/11/the-nokia-n96-redefines-high-end/

N96 pushes the envelope further by packing a solid;
16GB of storage internally in addition to a microSD slot

^^^^^^^
That means at the moment it could add another 8GB
16GB memory cards is on the way so..... :P :P ;D ;D  (full specs for N96 on the previous page)

I got a 6GB card in my N82,packs about 1300 tracks.,not enough  :P

i'm keeping my 8gb, although i'm still waiting to get it back from repairs..

iphone? what´s wrong?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 01:08:07 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #402 on: February 12, 2008, 09:43:28 AM »
all the new phones looks promissing. 16GB of internal memory? damn thats tight!!!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #403 on: February 12, 2008, 01:26:48 PM »
all the new phones looks promissing.16GB of internal memory? damn thats tight!

that's all you got to say?  :o :o :P :laugh: :laugh:  ;) ;)
-N96 got 16GB of storage internally in  :o :o addition to a microSD slot[/color]  :o :o

-N78 and SE W980 both got a build in FM-transmitter:o :o :o

-SE XPERIA X1 a mad dope WM mobile.[/color]

-+ a couple of other 5MP Symbian SE phones.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #404 on: February 12, 2008, 02:00:36 PM »
lol @ your reply  ;) samsung is heating up the cell phone game,sony ericsson 2 and nokia you know they are already deep in the game,well sony too but their new phone is something good! well nokia their phones is outta this world!