Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65957 times)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #450 on: May 12, 2008, 06:10:56 PM »
Sony Ericsson rumors;

More Sony Ericsson BeiBei leaked photos
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/05/11/more-sony-ericsson-beibei-leaked-photos.html

Almost a month ago we posted one of the first Sony Ericsson BeiBei leaked photos. As far as we know, the upcoming device will run the latest version of UIQ (3.3) on top of Symbian OS, and will also boast such things as some camera (we're not sure about the megapixel count), WiFi and Bluetooth. We would certainly like to see HSDPA on the list too, but we're not sure about that one either.

It's likely the Swedish-Japanese handset maker won't market the BeiBei as a smartphone — rather, they'll probably sell it to all round feature phone users, which want an extra function or two from time to time. They're already using the same/similar concept with the G700 and G900 models. In that sense, Sony Ericsson may have a winner with the BeiBei.

What follows are several photos of the upcoming device, as well as four screenshots. Enjoy!

Sony Ericsson P5 spotted once again
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

We've reported sightings of Sony Ericsson's unannounced P5 smartphone before, and can now show you more images of the device. From the images below, we can see a forward-facing camera, for video calling, a fast port connector on the side, M2 memory card slot, and five megapixel camera on the rear of the device.

The screen looks to be around 2.6”, and as you know, the P5 has the P1/M600-style rocker keyboard, although t looks a tad cramped, owing to the fact that it is not as wide as the M600, or the P1

Al Bundy

« Reply #451 on: May 12, 2008, 11:10:54 PM »
yeah you gotta sign up for the beta and they will send you a download link over text

You will need:
Mobile phone running Windows Mobile 5 or 6

^^^^ My current phone (N82) is running Symbian S60 3.1  ;) ^^^
So  :-\ :-\ :P :P :P ;) ;) ;) ;)

Nokia N82 with a 8GB memory card  ;)

So did you get Opera (not mini) for your phone yet?

Yeah, i got Opera on my phone. Shit is pretty weak tbh. Mini is the best.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #452 on: May 14, 2008, 05:29:20 PM »
Opera launches final version of its mini mobile browser

Norwegian web browser maker Opera have released the final Version of their Opera Mini Web Browser – version 4.1. Let us briefly recap the features the new version that the browser has:
It's up to 50% faster than Opera Mini 4.0
URL completions support makes address input a snap
Web pages can be saved for later off-line viewing
Quick access to the word or phrase you want in Web pages
Images, ringtones and other content can be downloaded without leaving Opera Mini

You can download Opera Mini 4.1 now, free-of-charge, from the official site here;

The peoples’ choice: the world’s favorite mobile Web browser
http://www.operamini.com/

Introducing Opera Mini™ 4.1.
Used by more than 44 million people — Opera Mini just keeps getting better.
Opera Mini enables you to take your full Web experience to your phone. Stay in touch with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, get your e-mail on the go, do your online banking. There are no limits — Opera Mini is the quick, easy and secure way to get any Web page you want.
After you download Opera Mini, get Opera 9.5 beta for your computer to synch your bookmarks
To download Opera Mini directly to your phone, please visit operamini.com using your existing phone's Web browser.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #453 on: May 15, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »
got a question for you chad my little brother wants to buy a N80,is it a good phone? i was reading the specs and it looks decent! what do you think of it?

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #454 on: May 15, 2008, 06:38:45 PM »
got a question for you chad my little brother wants to buy a N80,is it a good phone?
I was reading the specs and it looks decent! what do you think of it?

Nokia N80

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n80-1347.php

General   2G Network   GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network   UMTS 2100 UMTS 1900 - US version
Announced   2005, 4Q
Status   Available. Released 2006, April
Size   Dimensions   95 x 50 x 26 mm, 97 cc
Weight   134 g
Display   Type   TFT, 256K colors
Size   352 x 416 pixels, 35 x 41 mm
Ringtones   Type   Polyphonic (64 channels), Monophonic, True Tones, MP3
Customization   Download
Vibration    Yes
Memory   Phonebook   Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
Call records   Detailed, max 30 days
Card slot   miniSD (up to 2GB), hot swap, 128 MB card included, buy memory - 40 MB user memory
- 64 MB SDRAM
- ARM 9 220 MHz processor
Data   GPRS   Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
HSCSD   No
EDGE   Class 11, 236.8 kbps
3G   Yes, 384 kbps
WLAN   Wi-Fi 802.11g
Bluetooth   Yes, v1.2
Infrared port   Yes
USB   Yes, v2.0, Pop-Port
Features   OS   S60 3rd edition (Symbian OS , Series 60 UI)
Messaging   SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
Browser   WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML
Games   Java downloadable, order now
Colors   Silver, Black
Camera   3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, video(CIF), flash; secondary VGA videocall camera - UPnP technology
- Push to talk
- Java MIDP 2.0
- MP3/AAC/MPEG4 player
- Stereo FM Radio
- T9
- Voice dial/memo
- PIM including calendar, to-do list
- Built-in handsfree
Battery       Standard battery, Li-Ion 820 mAh (BL-5B)
Stand-by   Up to 192 h
Talk time   Up to 3 h

Hmmm,well it´s a couple of years old and runs a "old version" of Symbian. (S60 3rd edition,Symbian OS,Series 60 UI)
Which in my opinion sucks (slow,the UI is  :-\),but then again if you get it for around 100-200 $ without contract it´s a good deal.  ;)
The tweaks they have done the Symbian version you used to have and the one you got now is a big step forward.   ;) ;)
(S60 (Symbian) 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 1)

But it all comes down to the price,as you said the specs ain´t that bad... but it´s slow and the UI is a little "messy".

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #455 on: May 15, 2008, 06:43:35 PM »
he wanted to get that internet edition n80,i told him keep saving your money and buy a nokia n82! i know he wont be disapointed with it

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #456 on: May 15, 2008, 07:02:08 PM »
He wanted to get that internet edition n80,i told him keep saving your money and buy a nokia n82!
I know he wont be disapointed with it

The only difference between N80 IE and N80 (from what heard),
is that they fixed easier access to WLAN. (it is a bitch to get online using WLAN on N80)
They fixed this on our version  ;) ;) feature pack 1
I´ve played with N80 myself,I helped a friend tweaking it  :P ;). (giving him programs and what not).
Tell him to save his money for a N82,it´s better to put in a little extra money to get a phone he will be pleased with.
That said my d-pad (joystick is fucked  >:( :P),it hardly go left anymore :P >:( >:(.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #457 on: May 16, 2008, 09:27:49 AM »
HTC Touch Diamond Updated

HTC Touch Diamond
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/05/06/press-photo-of-new-htc-touch-diamond-shows-off-new-ui.html

http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/review/image/htc/touch-diamond-fpr/diamond-in-hand.jpg

HTC Touch Diamond – spring revolution

Many felt that HTC was supposed to roll out a milestone device towards mid 2008 – the thing is, they have already established the trend for releasing the hottest offerings in the middle of the year, just like it was the case with the HTC Touch (introduced in mid 2007).

I think most of those who are into the Windows Mobile market have been keeping a close eye on all announcements and reports (after the Diamond got outted) and have already made up their minds about it. For everyone else we have this write-up that will get you familiarized with the HTC Touch Diamond and why it is such a revelation for the Windows Mobile market.

The Diamond

It is a bit too early to judge the Diamond’s materials and build quality – the samples that are out there these days are prototypes and by the time it hits the stores some details and traits may well change. But as far as its design and looks go, it is pretty safe to make first conclusions already today.

One of the most important things about the Diamond is that being the size of the HTC Touch it packs in a completely overhauled hardware department. In fact, at 100x56x14 and 120g the HTC Touch is a tad bulkier than the HTC Touch Diamond (102x51x11.3mm) and even somewhat heavier (the Diamond weighs only 110 grams). But due to its rectangular shape it won't feel more pocketable than the HTC Touch; but all in all, its tiny dimensions and weight should negate its sharp lines.

In terms of looks the Diamond takes a lot of cues from the Nokia Prism and its convex surface. While this may be merely a coincidence, the HTC Touch Diamond definitely gains from design.

The idea of adopting some of the Nokia Prism’s traits is remarkable in that it makes a nice change from the cliched WM-powered communicator looks. Although, starting from the Touch Diamond, the very term “communicator” feels somewhat out of place – the fact is, this device is positioned as a feature phone, a smartphone at best, and it looks like one.

That’s the point where we should stop, at least for now. The bottom line is this: the Diamond’s design is quite enticing and in many ways versatile thanks to HTC’s trademark black color scheme and no-nonsense lines. The convex form a la the Nokia Prism may put some off, but these people won’t make all the difference for the Diamond’s sales.
TouchFLO 3D

Savvy people will readily claim that the Touch FLO, be it 3D or 2D, is nothing but an eye-candy shell supposed to cover up the standard sophisticated Windows Mobile interface that’s not very friendly to the user, especially if he or she is a novice. In some way it’s true, but a lot depends on how you view the device and what you expect from it.

Those who have spent plenty of time with Windows Mobile based devices won’t go crazy about the Touch FLO 3D, for it is just a software shell, although utterly elegant and snazzy. These professionals are very likely to replace it with some apps of their own, but we will expand on this in our review, and for now let’s see what newbies will find in the Touch FLO 3D.

HTC has been into the Touch FLO ever since the original HTC Touch – by an large, this term stands for a set of software enhancements that make the device more straightforward and some of its features and abilities more intuitive to use. Three models in the Touch series came armed with the HTC Home screen and the three-facet interface. But the HTC Touch Diamond utilizes a new version of this technology - TouchFLO 3D. With much experience with it, it’s hard to tell how convenient it is, but one thing is for sure – HTC has brought about an interface that’s heavy on the WOW-effect and can get a lot of users on the hook at first sight.   

Although the presence of the TouchFLO 3D can’t make the standard Windows Mobile interface retire completely, it has all the basics covered. This means that all users who are in the market for a phone that can make calls, send texts and check mail (and do some browsing), will be more than satisfied with what the TouchFLO 3D has to offer.
Specifications

Probably, this section should start off with the official specs of HTC Touch Diamond.
Dimensions: 102 x 51 x 11.3 mm
Weight: 110 g
Operating frequencies: GSM/GPRS/EDGE (900/1800/1900 MHz), UMTS/HSDPA (900/2100 MHz)
Platform: Qualcomm MSM7201A, 528 Mhz CPU, video accelerator
Display: 2.8”, touch-sensitive VGA (480x640)
Camera: 3.2 Mpix, autofocus, forward-facing VGA camera for videoconferencing
Bundled memory: 4Gb storage, 256 Mb flash
RAM: 128 Mb
Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, HTC ExtUSB (USB 2.0)
Navigation: GPS/AGPS
Battery: 900 mAh
Battery time: Talk time (GSM): 4 hours, standby time (GSM): 300 hours
Extras: G-sensor, FM-radio, ambient light sensor

For starters, some words for those market junkies out there – perhaps, the HTC Touch Diamond’s specs are nothing new for you, as they are almost completely identical to those of the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1. The thing is, they share the same platform, and that’s how come they are so similar, but that’s the reason why the XPERIA X1 adopts only a 3.2 Mpix camera, which isn’t Sony Ericsson’s credo these days.

The new platform has allowed the maker to utilize the video accelerator that’s used at least for the Diamond’s default applications like the TouchFLO 3D interface. Also going for the Diamond is its VGA display, despite it being so pocketable (previously such screens were only available with the HTC Universal platform and HTC Advantage). Its camera, however, shouldn’t be too different from what we saw in the HTC Touch Cruise and HTC TyTN II. While it is totally dated as far as the mobile phone market goes, it is still the man to beat in the Windows Mobile segment.

As of today it’s unclear how much RAM the Diamond carries onboard – different sources put it differently, even HTC’s official pages have it fro 128 Mb to 192 Mb. Current prototype pack in 128 Mb indeed, however we can’t rule out the possibility of the Diamond’s hardware supporting 192 Mb too. Anyway, regardless of how much RAM it actually comes equipped with, no user will feel a dearth of free memory with this phone.

The HTC Diamond comes packaged with 256 Mb of NAND flash and four extra gigabytes of storage. Also, it’s not for sure that several months into sales HTC won’t launch 8 and 16 Gb editions of the Diamond, which will be a reasonable thing to do. Plus, they might go for a storage-less variant that will boast a standard microSD memory card slot instead (as you remember, the Diamond’s current iteration has none).

As far as wireless connectivity goes, the Diamond has no bells and whistles, but that’s not something we’d expect it to put up – Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are already more than enough for most users.
Navigation, extras

The situation with the Diamond’s navigation abilities is somewhat vague. While it comes installed with a GPS chipset and support for A-GPS, it will ship only with Google Maps for navigation in Russia. I suppose there is no need to add that it’s not a full-fledged navigation app.

Of course, Google Maps can calculate routes too, but it will barely do if you are planning to use the Diamond as your pocket navigation system. We’ll expand on its navigation department some time later, but for now let us note that navigation here is more of an option that was tacked on as a tribute to the ongoing trend. The lack of navigation-savvy software in the box is also very easy to explain, especially in Russian and CIS countries, where HTC’s navigation-centric flagship, the Touch Cruise, has just launched and is gathering pace.

Almost all extras found in the HTC Touch Diamond have been employed by the maker one way or another in previous solutions; however this is the first device where they all come together. That is, the G-sensor technology that determines the communicator’s current position made its debut with the HTC Advantage, though under a different name – back then they were giving it a go; then the HTC Touch Dual came along and put it to better use, for instance it allowed muting a call by putting the device face down. Also the G-sensor will be used for the needs of the TouchFLO 3D.
Conclusion

That’s about time we wound up our story on the HTC Touch Diamond’s hardware. Back when the HTC Touch saw release, we were very careful with our forecasts, as we weren’t sure whether the mass-market would deem it overly complicated regardless of all UI enhancements. But as its sales suggests, the HTC Touch has garnered quite formidable following, as far as HTC’s history is concerned, it was one of their wildest successes, ushering in the series of touchphones along the way.

Truth be told, it’s so much easier to look into the future of the HTC Diamond – we can hardly think of some factors that can hamper it and mar its performance on the market. HTC has absorbed a lot of solutions delivered by other makers, and the best thing is that they are using them in the proportions they see fit.

Right now there is an interesting situation unfolding around the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1. While SE is experiencing some difficulties with software for this device and cancelling all previously scheduled release dates, HTC rolls out its latest and greatest Diamond, sporting a pretty much identical feature set in the sense of both hardware and software (while the TouchFLO 3D and the X1’s UI aren’t really twins, they seem somewhat resembling). Moreover, the Diamond goes up against not only the to-be-released Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1, but also the iPhone, offering a similar interface. While the iPhone went for style over substance, the HTC Touch Diamond’s UI is merely a tool making some features more straightforward, and inside Windows Mobile does the job in a convenient fashion with third-party applications and rich default functionality.

It’s safe to say that HTC has once again managed to shake up the market big time. And while they were on the modest side last year, this time around the HTC Touch Diamond is not only a revolutionary product, but also the proving ground for the maker’s new platform, which it will be running with in the near future.

Our first impressions of the HTC Touch Diamond are to come shortly. Stay tuned for more!

Loads of HTC Touch Diamond pics!
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/05/14/loads-of-htc-touch-diamond-pics.html

You want an HTC Touch Diamond? Sure you do, we do too. But, none of us are going to be fondling the HTC Touch Diamond anytime soon. So, in to order to help ease the pain, we present more pictures of the HTC Touch Diamond.
Enjoy.

As for the new TouchFLO UI…. Windows Mobile 6.1
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_vKsxOT3Lw&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f_vKsxOT3Lw&amp;hl=en</a>

^^^^updated ^^^^^

Another Update;

HTC expects to sell 2 million Diamond units this year
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/05/16/htc-expects-to-sell-2-million-diamond-units-this-year.html

I think we all (or at least most of us) agree the newly announced HTC Diamond rocks. It's not just the look of the device — it's also the specs (gorgeous VGA screen) and that ultra-cool UI that makes me want one. So I wasn't surprised to learn HTC plans to sell 2 million of these this year. As a matter of fact, they already got Taiwan-based Chunghwa Telecom — which BTW plans to sell a total of 200,000 HTC smartphones in 2008 — to order about 20,000-30,000 Touch Diamond handsets.

And if Taiwanese mobile operator wants 30K units, how much will be enough for Vodafones, Oranges, T-Mobiles, AT&Ts and Verizons of the world? For the record, Taiwan has a population of about 23 million people.

HTC has shipped a total of 2 million HTC Touch smartphones and pushing the same number of Diamonds doesn't sound like a problem. Any thoughts?

^^^ Damn I should have bought stocks in HTC a couple years ago ^^^

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #458 on: May 16, 2008, 06:09:32 PM »
thx for the help! he's gonna buy the N82.I told him that the N80 was too old and the camera sucked,well the camera isnt that bad but the one on the N82 fucking rocks!!! 30 frames per seconds video is pretty amazing for a phone! you don't need to buy a camera when you got that phone,the camera does the job and it does it quite well  8)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #459 on: May 18, 2008, 04:43:50 PM »
News

Samsung SGH-i900 is packed with high-end features - iPhone who?
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/05/16/samsung-sgh-i900-is-packed-with-high-end-features-iphone-who.html

The iPhone's design is easily recognizable around the world. There's no denying Apple's ability to churn out eye-pleasing creations that have tech-heads drooling for more clean lines and minimalist style. But, that doesn't mean we can't have Apple-like design and those high-end features that those Asians are so damn good at packing into a handset - all in an eye-catching package.

The Samsung SGH-i900 brings together the best of both worlds, and it does it in style. With a full-body, 3.5-inch (240×400) touchscreen and Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, the Samsung i900 gives Windows Mobile fans a chance to one-up iPhone owners. And, with a feature-set that includes HSDPA, WiFi, FM radio, 5 megapixel camera, TV-out, 16GB of onboard storage, microSDHC card slot, and Bluetooth 2.2 with A2DP - all packed into a 112×56×13mm package, the Samsung i900 easily outpaces the current iPhone's meager offerings. And, there's some sort of fingerprint-scanner/touch-sensitive navigation pad at the bottom of the display. Touch-sensitive navigation pads have proven more gimmicky than useful, but we'll hold off judgment until we get a change to put hands on this device.

That said, the shiny, metallic-finished Samsung i900 should drop in two variants -
one branded with Samsung and the other sporting Anycall-branding

Sony Ericsson video shows two new handset renderings
http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/18/sony-ericsson-video-shows-two-new-handset-renderings/

A video doing the rounds on the interblogs is apparently showcasing not one but two new Sony Ericsson handsets.
It's unclear just exactly what models we're seeing in the clip, nor do we know if they're prototypes or actual production versions, though they do bear a few similarities to the forthcoming X1.
One thing is for sure, Sony is definitely pushing the convergence angle on its new phones,
highlighting lots of multimedia, data sharing, and a suspiciously familiar chat app.
Check out another pic and the full video after the break.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IWUm7n-Q75Q&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IWUm7n-Q75Q&amp;hl=en</a>

^^^^updated ^^^

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #460 on: May 18, 2008, 04:47:07 PM »
thx for the help! he's gonna buy the N82.
I told him that the N80 was too old and the camera sucked,well the camera isnt that bad but the one on the N82 fucking rocks!!!
30 frames per seconds video is pretty amazing for a phone!
you don't need to buy a camera when you got that phone,the camera does the job and it does it quite well  8)

^^^ N80 ^^^
Don´t have auto focus  ;) :P :-\

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #461 on: May 20, 2008, 04:55:43 PM »
News

Samsung I900 spotted, pics and brief specs

We knew little about the Samsung I900, when it was announced, along with a plethora of other handsets a while back.
We now have the known technical specifications, and some live pictures to boot.

Technical specifications are as follows:
3.5G HSDPA connectivity
Windows Mobile 6.1 OS
3.5″ 240×400 pixels touchscreen, showing up to 262 K colours
5 megapixel autofocus camera, with front-facing camera for video calling
Memory: 16GB internal, with Micro SDHC card slot, supporting up to 8GB
1500mAh battery
Dimensions: 112x56x13mm
Extras: FM Radio, TV-Out, Bluetooth 2.2, A2DP and Wi-Fi

As you can see from the image above, it seems Samsung has opted not to add its own UI enhancements, like HTC have done

^^^^ nothing wrong with those specs  :o ^^^

Samsung F400 dual-slider announced

Samsung has announced the F400, a dual-slider handset, with ICEpower, from Bang & Olufsen, which we've seen in several handsets from Samsung before. We posted a brief hands-on session at Mobile World Congress a while back. It will first ship in France, later in the month, with Europe, Asia and the Middle East to get the F400 shortly after France.

Let's take a look at the technical specifications of the F400:
Connectivity: Tri-band HSDPA
 Display: 2.2-inch
Music features: FM Radio, with Band and Olufsen ICEpower amplifier, stereo speakers, and 3.5mm audio jack
Camera: 3 megapixels, with autofocus, and LED flash
Memory: Micro SD card slot, with 1GB card in the box
Extras: Bluetooth, and USB 2.0

ASUS rolls out the P560

ASUS has announced a new phone – adding to its ever-growing range of Windows Mobile-based handset.
It is expected to launch for €500 ($772), sometime in June

Let's go over the specs:
Connectivity: Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900Mhz GSM, Dual-band 3.6Mbps HSDPA
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
2.8” screen
Camera: 3.2MP with autofocus
Memory: 256MB ROM, 128MB RAM, Micro SD card slot
Extras: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, aGPS.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #462 on: May 21, 2008, 09:20:06 AM »
there is some place in middle east (bahrain) that got the n96,lucky bastard!!!!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #463 on: May 21, 2008, 09:53:47 AM »
there is some place in middle east (bahrain) that got the n96,lucky bastard!!!!

They always get the shit first  :-\ :-\ :-\
I hate slider phones,but like with N95 (last summer),the specs on this baby (N96) is out of this world  :o :o :o
-Built in FM transmitter  :o
-16 GB internal memory + memory stick slot  :o :o
-TV  :o
-Symbian 3.2  :o

...and the rest like GPS,3G,WI-FI,5mpx autofocus camera etc.
is no need to bring up anymore when it comes to a top of the line phone like this;
Nokia N96;

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #464 on: May 24, 2008, 05:55:50 AM »
did sony anounce a date for the psp phone? (if it's real!)