Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65909 times)

Matty

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #525 on: June 25, 2008, 09:56:59 PM »
they're not. especially that Z series slider. one of the worst phones ever, in every sense!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #526 on: June 26, 2008, 11:36:17 AM »
they're not. especially that Z series slider.
one of the worst phones ever, in every sense!

I have only hold a dummy of it,that shit was mad plastic.
Anyway,I don´t really have that much experience with Motorola.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #527 on: July 01, 2008, 02:13:55 PM »
News;

Sony Ericsson working on a PSP phone, minus the Ericsson?
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/27/sony-ericsson-working-on-a-psp-phone-minus-the-ericsson/

Look, we've heard our fair share of;
PSP phone rumors,
and there's really no reason to trust this one any further than your average baseless musings,
but if Marketing Week's "sources in Japan and Korea" can be trusted, Sony's PSP phone could be hitting shelves as soon as Christmas 2009.
What does seem clear to these shady sources is that Sony won't be forking over the PlayStation branding to its
Sony Ericsson partnership,
and instead will build its PSP phone all by its lonesome.
Other "details" from "analysts" are slightly less legit-sounding,
with some stating it would be "relatively easy" to work phone features into the PSP since it already includes WiFi.
Um, ok. Still, reasonable or not, this is clearly a rumor that will never die -- until Sony builds the dang thing, in which case we can start talking up a sequel.

Review of GSM/UMTS-handset Sony Ericsson C902
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-c902-en.shtml

Impressions

Our C902 unit was loud enough be hear in most, even call-unfriendly environmnets. The reception quality of the C902 was quite good – we got strong signal levels in most places and didn’t notice any significant differences from other contemporary solutions. Also going for the C902 is its superb build quality. The C902 is a direct rival to the Samsung U800 Soul – in fact these two have a whole lot in common, that is: build quality, metallic accents on the back, relatively small yet decent display, pretty much basic functionality. However the Samsung’s offering packs in a 3 Mpix camera, takes away some value from it. Interestingly, these two phones are reactions of Sony Ericsson and Samsung respectively to the Nokia 6500 Classic’s great sales, although the latter doesn’t have metallic accents or tons of memory onboard and some other smarts and feats. But it got to the market much earlier than either of these two phones. It’s quite another matter, though, that the update of the 6500 Classic will arrive much later than the Samsung U800 and Sony Ericsson C902, so they won’t clash directly in view of price gaps that won’t get smaller over time.

The C902 will retail for around 370 Euro, which is a somewhat common price tag for a fashion-conscious phone that has just started shipping – the Nokia 6500 Classic’s sales kicked off at a similar price point. Don’t view the C902 as an imaging-centric solution, though, since it ends up behind the Sony Ericsson K850i, Nokia N82 and some other phones, let alone the Motorola ZN5 that will be second to none this way. It’s a phone, whose major trump is fashion and it leverages it well enough, adding decent build quality, robust functionality of A200 with a couple of neat touches and good battery time to the mix. The C902 will make a great buzzer with somewhat advanced features and mid-tier camera. In a certain sense it’s similar to the C702 that’s more of a ruggedized phone, rather than a cameraphone. On balance, the Sony Ericsson C902 is a likable product that won’t be overly popular, but will generate a fair amount of sales after a scheduled price cut in October.

read the full review here;
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-c902-en.shtml

Looks like iPhone and HTC is eating into the market.

Sony Ericsson issues second profit warning of the year, hopes to break even in Q2

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/30/sony-ericsson-issues-second-profit-warning-of-the-year-expects/

Although Sony Ericsson just churned out a rather impressive array of new handsets this month,
it seems the outfit is still having trouble securing record-setting profits.
Truthfully, it's struggling to break even, as evidenced by the second profit warning of 2008 that was issued last week.
SE is pinpointing "disappointing European sales of its mid- and high-end mobile phones" as the reason it will likely not see a profit in Q2,
and some analysts are suggesting that shipment delays and a dearth of low-end handsets also carry a share of the blame.
'Course, the hotly-anticipated Xperia X1 could certainly make for a lovely Q3, but only time will tell if enough folks shell out for it to make a difference.

MAC users supported SonyEricsson until iPhone came along,so Apple is clearly eating into their previous market.
Motorola´s RazR was the fashion phone to have a couple of years ago,but again iPhone beat took the crown,I suspect Motorola will be obsolete in a couple of years.
SE needs to jump on the Windows Mobile train ASAP (yeah,they got one phone,but that's nothing),before they're heading down drain like Motorola.

Speaking of HTC;
HTC Touch Diamond, Touch Pro coming to Sprint, Verizon?
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/07/01/htc-touch-diamond-touch-pro-coming-to-sprint-verizon.html

Just when we reported that the HTC Touch Pro in CDMA flavor has been spotted at the FCC, another news item caught our eye.
Apparently, Sprint and Verizon will get to carry both the Diamond and the Touch Pro.
And while we're not sure about the release date at this stage,
it seems to me both carriers are eager to announce the two smartphones as soon as they can.
After all, they do want all those people who are eager to sign up for any of the quite expensive iPhone plans.
And one thing is certain - neither the Diamond nor Touch Pro will be affordable and will require a decent plan.

Once again, our eyes our wide open for any HTC related announcement, so stay tuned…

AT&T announces iPhone 3G pricing details - Contract-free iPhone 3G coming for $599 and $699
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/07/01/att-announces-iphone-3g-pricing-details-contract-free-iphone-3g-coming-for-599-and-699.html

Helping to usher-in July's arrival for summer, AT&T has just announced their iPhone 3G pricing details. We've already known for some time that AT&T would be offering their iPhone 3G at $199 and $299 price-points for the 8GB and 16GB variants of the iPhone 3G, respectively. But, today's announcement sheds more light on the AT&T plans for the next-generation iPhone 3G - which launches on July 11, as if you didn't already know. And, as expected, the iPhone 3G will kick off sales at 8am (local time) at all AT&T stores.

First and foremost, AT&T will be offering the iPhone 3G for $199 and $299 to all existing iPhone customers, AT&T customers eligible for handset upgrades, and new-activation customers. Of course, a new 2-year contract will be required of anyone looking to grab an iPhone 3G for those low prices. The White iPhone 3G variant is only available on the 16GB model.

AT&T customers not in the running for a handset upgrade will be looking at paying AT&T $399 for the 8GB iPhone 3G and $499 for the 16GB iPhone 3G. And, AT&T wants us to know that any AT&T customer not eligible for an upgrade can simply wait out their contract and keep making timely payments until the upgrade offer rolls their way.

AT&T has posted buying-guides for existing customers and new customers alike. Find them here and here.

But, in perhaps the most surprising move from AT&T, the company has announced that they will be offering the iPhone 3G sans-contract in the future. That means a no-contract iPhone 3G is definitely in the pipeline. But, for $599 and $699 for the 8Gb and 16GB iPhone 3G variants, respectively, the contract-free iPhone 3G will cost a pretty penny - essentially the same as early iPhone adopters.

The iPhone 3G will also come with a nice little $18 upgrade fee for anyone jumping from a first-generation iPhone or other AT&T handset. New activations will require an additional $36 activation fee.

iPhone 3G rate plans start at $69.99 for 400 anytime minutes, unlimited nights/weekends, Visual Voicemail, Rollover, unlimited Mobile to Mobile calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Three-Way Calling, Caller ID, and unlimited data. The higher-end of the iPhone 3G spectrum offers unlimited everything for $129.99 on the AT&T Nation Unlimited plan. Calling plans offering 900 and 1,350 anytime minutes are also available for $89.99 and $109.99, respectively.

FamilyTalk plans will start at $129.99 for two iPhone 3G lines sharing 700 anytime minutes. FamilyTalk plans with 1,400, 2,100, 3,000, 4,000, and 6,000 shared anytime minutes range from $149.99 to $359.99. Each additional iPhone 3G line will add $39.99 to the FamilyTalk plans.

Unfortunately, SMS text messages are not included in any AT&T Nation, Unlimited, or FamilyTalk plans. Unlike MMS (picture/video messaging), SMS text messaging has found a huge market as a faster text-based messaging alternative to email, and as such, AT&T is asking that you pay more to get your text-on. A $5 spot nets you 200 SMS text messages, $15 gets you 1,500 messages, and $20 earns you unlimited text messaging ($30 on FamilyTalk plans).

Enterprise and Business customers can expect to pay more for bundled data plans. But, even with $45 iPhone 3G Enterprise data plans, business users are likely to save more on their voice plans.

See you in line!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #528 on: July 03, 2008, 01:57:49 AM »
News;

Sony Ericsson goes nostalgic for SE T610 with new Sony Ericsson Remi
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/07/01/sony-ericsson-goes-nostalgic-for-se-t610-with-new-sony-ericsson-remi.html

We love classic handsets as much as anyone else,
but it seems that Sony Ericsson is going the nostalgic route with their unannounced Sony Ericsson Remi.
It's still a rumor at this point, but the handset bearing the codename "Remi"
is apparently Sony Ericsson's remake on the tried-and true favorite, the Sony Ericsson T610.

The Sony Ericsson T610 was a huge hit for the handset manufacturer back in 2003,
so we can't blame the Japanese-Swedish for yearning for the good old days.
From the looks of the Remi,
Sony Ericsson has taken a page out of the T610's design playbook with a two-tone exterior and non-Walkman branding.

The Sony Ericsson Remi is apparently based on the Sony Ericsson W890 platform,
and so will feature a 3.2 megapixel camera and HSDPA.
But, the company has seemingly dropped the "W" (Walkman) branding for this nostalgic handset.
And, in keeping with the slim monoblock profile that we love seeing on the Sony Ericsson W890,
the Sony Ericsson Remi will be about 10mm thick!

More on the Remi as we hear it…

Microsoft updates Windows Mobile online portal
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/07/02/microsoft-updates-windows-mobile-online-portal.html

If Windows Mobile is your thing, then 2H 2008 is your time to revel in the flood of Windows Mobile love from Microsoft and carriers alike. And, to help give the consuming public a new way to educate themselves on Windows Mobile's strengths and features, Microsoft has updated their Windows Mobile online portal.Windows Mobile's new online presence brings a fresh new look at Windows Mobile 6.1 to the forefront. Users are greeted with an eye-catching design, suggestions for what WM handset best fits them, and a new "Total Access" feature that offers free ringtones, add-ons, and software (like Zumobi and Viigo).

Overall, the new Windows Mobile portal is worth a look, even if you think you know everything about Windows Mobile;
Windows Mobile online

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #529 on: July 07, 2008, 04:40:05 PM »
News;

Symbian using TAT to bling up their mobile phone UI
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/07/07/s60-using-tat-to-bling-up-their-mobile-phone-ui.html

The Astonishing Tribe (TAT) is a Swedish company that makes something called Kastor which is, to quote their website, "a powerful UI rendering platform." It's something that users can't go willy nilly and install on their own, but instead software that should enable the next generation of products to produce a whole lot of wow. One of their public relations people, Anna Lagerkvist, contacted me and let me know that TAT's technology is being used by Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Motorola, that they're designing the UI for Google's Android and that as of today their work will also be in future S60 releases.

TAT has a whole bunch of talented people, just look at some of these videos;
http://www.tat.se/conceptlab/
to get an idea of what they're capable of.

Not sure what to make of this,but hope the skins will be available for free download.
Looks pretty nice....  ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 02:04:36 PM by tusken RAIDEr »

h2k4

« Reply #530 on: July 07, 2008, 05:43:18 PM »
Thanks for always providing this info.  I'll be iphone 3Ging it come Friday but I can appreciate what all of these other phones companies can do.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #531 on: July 07, 2008, 05:53:30 PM »
True story. Whoever bought the iphone got ripped. I can do everything that the iPhone can do and more (except touch screen obviously) and this phone costed me absolutely NOTHING. I got iTunes with a hundred songs and can surf the net on EDGE. Oh yeah, the phone is hella small & pink biatch. Dipset.

Oh yeah, and I can do MMS. I still don't see that on the iPhone.

Your phone is pink. And gay.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #532 on: July 08, 2008, 02:16:04 PM »
True story. Whoever bought the iphone got ripped. I can do everything that the iPhone can do and more (except touch screen obviously) and this phone costed me absolutely NOTHING. I got iTunes with a hundred songs and can surf the net on EDGE. Oh yeah, the phone is hella small & pink biatch. Dipset.

Oh yeah, and I can do MMS. I still don't see that on the iPhone.

Your phone is pink. And gay.

I don´t know who you are,but for your information Bundy rocks a Windows Mobile powered Samsung now.  ;)

BlackJack II by Samsung (not sure if it´s this one  :P)
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=BlackJack+II+by+Samsung+(Refurb)&q_sku=sku1250141

Overview

Introducing the triple threat - the Blackjack(TM) II by Samsung. It's sleeker, smarter, and easier to use than ever. With Windows Mobile® 6, faster 3G downloads, a larger 2.4" display, and a stylish look, it's the device all other smart devices want to be. It supports multiple email programs and has AT&T Music and Cellular Video capabilities. Navigate easily with the front jog wheel. Roam internationally with quad-band GSM, or get ultra-fast downloads with tri-band HSDPA. Take pictures and video with the 2 MP camera, listen to music, and stay in touch with instant messaging. With a full QWERTY keyboard and GPS support, the Blackjack(TM) II truly has it all!
Included Features
Microsoft® Windows Mobile 6 Standard(TM)
AT&T Mobile Music and Cellular Video capable
Windows Media Player® 10 Mobile
Bluetooth® 2.0® wireless connectivity
Simultaneous voice and data capabilities
Quad-band world phone with tri-band UMTS/HSDPA
Slim design PDA with full QWERTY keyboard
2 MP camera with video recording
Microsoft® Direct Push for real-time email delivery
Microsoft Office Mobile® - Edit Word® and Excel®, view PowerPoint® files
Email - Xpress Mail, ActiveSync, and more
Synchronize your desktop and calendar wirelessly
Instant Messaging - AOL®, Windows Live®, Yahoo!®
GPS support for TeleNav Navigator
Hands-free loudspeaker and microphone
Large 2.4"color LCD screen
Video Share calling support
Fast loading HTML browser
Support for Mobile Backup
MEdiaTM Net capable
RSS Reader

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #533 on: July 09, 2008, 02:08:24 PM »
News

Sony’s PSP phone specs revealed? rumor
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

Rumours of a PSP phone from Sony – at first apparently going in the venture without Ericsson, but that seems to no longer be the case, have been going around for some time now. Nothing of the following specs is confirmed, so take it with a pinch of salt:
Connectivity: 3G – with video calling camera
Screen: 4.3-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio, TFT LCD, 480 x 272 pixel, 16.77 million colours
Camera: two megapixels
Memory: Micro SD and M2 slot, first seen in the K850
Extras: Web Browser, podcasting support, flight mode, Bluetooth, Java support, new Media browser
Battery life: 5 hours game time, 3 hours 20 minutes video call time, 9 hours 30 minutes talk time and up 400 hours standby time
Weight: 250 grams

^^^^sounds pretty boring if you ask me  :-\,but then again it´s just rumors  ;)^^^^

Business-styled Samsung i200 released Windows Mobile powered
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

Samsung, renowned for their stylish well-designed handsets has opted to do away with all that for their latest Windows Mobile-powered smartphone – the i200, sporting a very sober look. Still, it sports Samsung’s trademark slimness – coming in at 11.8 mm.

The technical specifications are as follows:
Connectivity: tri-band 900/1800/1900Mhz, and 3.6 Mbps HSDPA
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard Edition
Screen: 2.8”, QVGA resolution
Camera: 2 megapixels
Memory: Micro SD card slot
Extras: Bluetooth and USB 2.0 connectivity

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #534 on: July 10, 2008, 03:31:21 PM »
iphone software 2.0 has been leaked and the app store is up... from the looks and reviews form everything so far with mobileMe and everything else.... all i got to say is that tomorrow is the day the Apple iPhone took over.

GAME OVER!

and its not because of the new phone its like its always been because of the software... 2.0 killing them

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #535 on: July 10, 2008, 03:59:35 PM »
iphone software 2.0 has been leaked and the app store is up...
from the looks and reviews from everything so far with mobileMe and everything else....
all i got to say is that tomorrow is the day the Apple iPhone took over.

GAME OVER!

and its not because of the new phone its like its always been because of the software... 2.0 killing them

eeeeh,let me ask you;
what's the point of all this VS this talk?
Do I really need to pick?
Can't CMW´s; Music To Drive by be just as dope as Quik´s; Safe & Sound and the other way around?

I could probably ramble some usual shit like what features iPhone lacks and what not,
and you would reply with; what's the point of features if you can't figure out how to use them.
But what's the point?

I would rather have you and Ozir posting some non biased news,applications and what not instead.  ;)
iPhone is a great phone no doubt about that,but so is many of Nokia´s,SonyEricsson and HTC´s as well.  ;)

Don Seer

« Reply #536 on: July 11, 2008, 06:35:49 AM »
Got my iPhone 3G this morning after a 3 hour wait in line.. for a small town in the UK thats insane.. there were 80 people queuing.. i was around #30... had to get an 8 gig as the guy in front got the last 16.. i don't really need the 16 so wasn't too fussed...

mainly wanted it for the GPS and 3g/web stuff over anything else... especially the mobile web actually.

...  dont care about the camera as i have a canon 400d.. and i've got a good dv sony handycam too.. so dont need video rec either..

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #537 on: July 11, 2008, 07:27:42 AM »
^ah even the captain of this here vessel has seen the light...  8)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #538 on: July 11, 2008, 07:51:07 AM »

So you're saying that I was biased (or still is?)?
ehhhh?
What light?
There's a lot of pros and cons about iPhone like most other brands.
You know this as good as me,nothing is perfect.  :-\ ;) (or should know)
You can choose to close your eyes if you want,
but wouldn't it be more interesting if you could share news,applications and discuss cell phone's in general without making it a iPhone VS everybody?
I don't hold any grudge against you or Ozir,so it's really up to you guys if you want to join in or not.  ;)

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #539 on: July 11, 2008, 07:56:41 AM »

So you're saying that I was biased (or still is?)?
ehhhh?
What light?
There's a lot of pros and cons about iPhone like most other brands.
You know this as good as me,nothing is perfect.  :-\ ;) (or should know)
You can choose to close your eyes if you want,
but wouldn't it be more interesting if you could share news,applications and discuss cell phone's in general without making it a iPhone VS everybody?
I don't hold any grudge against you or Ozir,so it's really up to you guys if you want to join in or not.  ;)

i feel ya but there is no denying what apple is doing... apple was never a cell phone company and in under a year... they are kicking some major ass and you know the industry is a little shook...

and if they keep improving like this they will continue to taking market share....

i think apple knows that its all in the software... the hardware is the supplement.

other companies are barely starting to understand that  imo