Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65975 times)

AnybodyKilla

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #555 on: August 12, 2008, 01:25:42 AM »
so i have had the new iPhone 3G since thursday and its not really worth the upgrade if you anyone is planning on it... seeing as i am always around WiFi and the GPS is just ok.... but the Speakers are better... the calls seem better and the speaker for other stuff like music and games....

3G is really fast compared to edge...

to upgrade it would cost $199 plus tax plus an extra $10 for unlimited data and $5 for 200 text messages (compared to old iPhone plan) which equals about $360 for 2 years that plus the cost of phone $200 makes it a $560 upgrade. over 2 years

now saying all that i upgraded for free... friend traded me the phone for my old one since he wanted to use t-mobile ... unlocked my old phone for him and i kept the new 3G and i didnt have to get a new contract and still under my old plan.

but overall it is a great phone... just saying that if you have the original iphone its not that much of an improvement.... if you have never had an iPhone .... it is worth it... best phone on the market IMO

Im thinking of selling my Shine and picking up an iPhone within the next week. But its fuckin rape for us over here in Canada, data plans are brutal!!!

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #556 on: August 19, 2008, 02:07:29 AM »
i'm still happy w/ my OG Iphone...but the screen sensitivity is weak at times. Is it possible to adjust it? I need instructions on doing this if so.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #557 on: August 19, 2008, 11:50:54 PM »
Any word on how much the Blackberry Bold is going to be under a 3 year contract with Rogers? Im hearing $300-400, thats a fuckin rip off!!!

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #558 on: August 20, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »
Any word on how much the Blackberry Bold is going to be under a 3 year contract with Rogers?
I'm hearing $300-400, thats a fucking rip off!!!

Nah,I don't believe that.. with a 3 year contract it should be "free".
The most likely scenario is that it will be around 500-700$ without contract and close to nothing with a 3 year contract.
www.intomobile.com post updates from Canada,so you might want to check there.

Damn for real? Well its suppose to come out tommorow so we'll see. I might even pick it up even if its $200 on a 3-year which i honestly think is going to be the cheapest it will be. It looks fuckin sick, if its anymore im gonna pick up the iphone tommorow!!!

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #559 on: August 20, 2008, 02:45:13 PM »
I just got a Rogers Flyer in the mail and it says the Bold is $399 on a 3 year contract LMFAO. They can suck my dick!!!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #560 on: August 20, 2008, 03:23:40 PM »
i'm still happy w/ my OG Iphone...but the screen sensitivity is weak at times. Is it possible to adjust it? I need instructions on doing this if so.
no calibration or anything of that sort that i know of... but i have also never really heard of it loosing sensitivity... did yours lose sensitivity or just always been that way?

every iphone i have played with has worked fine... but im sure there is exceptions... if its really bothering you, set up and appointment with a apple Genious.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #561 on: August 20, 2008, 06:02:11 PM »
Just ordered me a iPhone 3G, should be here in 3-5 business days. Anything i should know about it? Yall gotta help me out with some shit like installing apps n shit!!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:11:32 PM by AnybodyKilla »

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #562 on: August 20, 2008, 08:36:38 PM »
Just ordered me a iPhone 3G, should be here in 3-5 business days. Anything i should know about it? Yall gotta help me out with some shit like installing apps n shit!!!

Installing Apps is really easy.  You need iTunes and you download them from the iTunes Store...
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewGenre?id=36&mt=8

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #563 on: August 20, 2008, 10:10:08 PM »

Installing Apps is really easy.  You need iTunes and you download them from the iTunes Store...

Propz man. I use iTunes for all my music too, so thats good. Anything else i need to know? I got the 6GB $30 data plan for mine. Does it say how much data ive used or how do i find out?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:17:02 PM by AnybodyKilla »

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #564 on: August 21, 2008, 09:13:43 AM »
no calibration or anything of that sort that i know of... but i have also never really heard of it loosing sensitivity... did yours lose sensitivity or just always been that way?

every iphone i have played with has worked fine... but im sure there is exceptions... if its really bothering you, set up and appointment with a apple Genious.

I've had this phone since last Nov. It was working fine up until the last couple months. The problem is occurs in mainly one spot (upper left corner) that is defective at random times. Ex. When I'm in the 'Now Playing' screen in the Ipod, I can't go back to my Playlist unless I fully exit to the Main Menu before returning back to the Ipod..The funny thing is that it actually works fine at times. I guess i'm gona have to take your advice and make an appointment to get this checked out..thankx man, i appreciate ur help!!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:18:01 AM by ANIKI »

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #565 on: August 21, 2008, 09:16:39 AM »

Propz man. I use iTunes for all my music too, so thats good. Anything else i need to know? I got the 6GB $30 data plan for mine. Does it say how much data ive used or how do i find out?

Yeah, it'll tell u in Itunes how much data you have used/remaining..6Gb is less than 1500 songs depending on the quality of ur songs.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #566 on: August 21, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »
I'm in the U.S. using AT&T's unlimited data download/transfer.

However, if you are limited to 6GB download/transfer, I think that is more than enough.  But then again, I have an OG iPhone... not 3G... so I'm not sure how much data I would burn through with the increased speeds.  I still don't think I would ever get close to 6GB/month on the phone.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #567 on: August 21, 2008, 10:52:28 AM »

There is a "Usage" screen that tells you how much data you've sent and received.  This screen is in Settings > General > Usage.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #568 on: August 21, 2008, 01:07:52 PM »

Yeah, it'll tell u in Itunes how much data you have used/remaining..6Gb is less than 1500 songs depending on the quality of ur songs.

I was talking about the data not the memorey, the memorey is 8GB's which is more then enough for songs. Thanks guys!!!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #569 on: August 24, 2008, 08:24:21 AM »
I just got a Rogers Flyer in the mail and it says the Bold is $399 on a 3 year contract LMFAO. They can suck my dick!!!

The BlackBerry Bold gets official on Rogers
http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/21/the-blackberry-bold-gets-official-on-rogers/

Sure, we've seen John Mayer's, done a hands-on, read reviews, gotten release dates and even listened to the painful Stewart Copeland-provided soundtrack, but today's the BlackBerry Bold's big coming out party on Rogers, and it can be all yours for just CA$399 plus a 3 year voice / data service plan totalling more than CA$45 a month. We should be seeing more countries come online later this week -- anyone taking the plunge?

That´s a rip off  :o,I can´t believe it. Ohhh well...  :-X :-\