Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65929 times)

AnybodyKilla

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #585 on: September 28, 2008, 08:12:56 PM »
Anyone on here have a Blackberry Bold? How you likeing it?

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #586 on: October 01, 2008, 03:54:17 AM »
News;

Apple now selling iPhone 3G unlocked in Hong Kong
http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/26/apple-now-selling-iphone-3g-unlocked-in-hong-kong/

If you can't get your goods into China via the front door, there's always the back.
Apple is now selling its iPhone 3G unlocked via its on-line Apple Store in Hong Kong.
The 8GB model sells for HK$5,500 (about US$694) or HK$6,200 (about $797) for the 16 gigger.
Already available since July 11th with a local Hutchison Telecommunications contract, this is the first time that Apple has sold its device unlocked in Hong Kong:
"iPhone 3G purchased at the Apple Online Store can be activated with any wireless carrier.
Simply insert the SIM from your current phone into iPhone 3G and connect to iTunes 8 to complete activation."
Unfortunately for the 1 billion mainland Chinese, the terms and conditions limit sales to those in Hong Kong only -- not that the gray market cares about T&Cs.
It'll be interesting to see if Apple extends the unlocking more broadly (presumably as exclusivity deals expire)
or if this is strictly a local phenomena, perhaps in direct response to having its WiFi and the imperialistic 3G
gutted from handsets sold under Apple's rumored China Mobile deal.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #587 on: October 14, 2008, 11:03:36 AM »
the HTC touch HD looks sick...im gonna have to trade in my diamond soon lol
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #588 on: October 21, 2008, 06:53:22 PM »
News;

SanDisk 16GB MicroSD Cards Arrive in Stores
http://gizmodo.com/5054598/sandisk-16gb-microsd-cards-arrive-in-stores?cpage=1&sort=ASC#viewcomments

While SanDisk has made no official announcements,
their 16GB MicroSD cards are popping up for sale at various internet retailers (at various prices, we might add).
Ranging from $80 to $220 (we'd go with the $80), prices will settle with more availability.
But we're pretty excited to toss an iPhone's worth of flash storage into any fancy smartphone we like.
Plus, whenever we pop a tiny MicroSD card into one of our gadgets, it always feels like we're in the future. [mymemory via internettabletalk Thanks tipsters!]

^^^^^ finally ^^^^

Sandisk to release a 128GB microSDHC card within 3 years
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/10/20/sandisk-to-release-a-128gb-microsdhc-card-within-3-years.html

Think that 16GB microSDHC memory card is cool? How about 32GB? Scrap that, how about 128GB? Well, SanDisk will release such a product within three years. That’s in 2011 for those of you who don’t want to count.

Such a memory card in your mobile phone would turn a handset into a portable disk drive. Apparently, 128 gigs is enough to hold 134 full-length Indian movies, close to 20,000 high resolution photos and 16,000 songs, or the same in any other combinations. Suddenly, all those phone with 8 megapixel cameras that can record videos in VGA resolution doesn’t look weird. Yeah, we need even more megapixels and way more bandwidth - read LTE!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #589 on: October 21, 2008, 07:10:09 PM »
I'm grabbing the Sony Ericsson C902 soon, fuck those computer smart phones.

kemizt

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #590 on: October 22, 2008, 10:10:13 AM »
I'm grabbing the Sony Ericsson C902 soon, fuck those computer smart phones.

itīs a nice phone....

Sony Ericsson C902 review: Cyber-touch
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_c902-review-290.php

Full steam into the megapixel chase, Sony Ericsson C902 is trying to show off its best before the 8 megapixel monsters start stealing the show.
The Cyber-shot pedigree, touch-controlled camera and metal outfit are true predator stuff and
now that we have a retail unit in our hands it's time to revisit our pre-release preview of the device and
see if there are any chinks in its armor that may turn predator to prey.

Key features:
5 MP autofocus camera with unique active lens cover and touch controls
Slim and stylish metal case
Smile detection, image stabilizer, geo-tagging (via cell-ID)
Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and HSDPA (3.6 Mb)
Media Center, Smart search, Manage Messages, extended TrackID
Enhanced user interface
Scratch resistant 2" TFT 256K colors display
FM radio with RDS
Bluetooth (with A2DP)
Basic multi-tasking support
Smart dialing
160 MB built-in memory, M2 card support

Main disadvantages:
Smallish screen
Images suffer excessive sharpening and purple fringing
Poor video recording capabilities
Slide-up lens cover collects massive amounts of dust
No office document viewer

Revisiting the C902 is also worth it as a taster of what's to come. It's been quite a while since our first glimpse, but Sony Ericsson didn't just sit on their hands in the meantime. The company made the very first announcement of an 8-megapixel cameraphone - the C905, which we previewed this summer. The other exciting prospect is the Walkman-meet-Cybershot W902.

Now, while the two sharpshooters above are yet to be baptized by fire, our Sony Ericsson C902 is right in the thick of action. The ironclad Cyber-shot is the thinnest 5 MP cameraphone on the market and that makes it quite an attractive deal.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #591 on: October 23, 2008, 12:43:33 PM »
News;

Sony Ericsson Hikaru Back on the Map
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/10/23/sony-ericsson-hikaru-back-on-the-map.html

Sony had reportedly put the brakes on surrounding a new device called thie ‘Hikaru’. It was an 8MP device that packed in a lot of features. Well, what should I notice today but more rumors popping up surrounding the Hikaru. Looks like the device will become a reality after all.

The Sony Ericsson Hikaru is a really high-end touchscreen camera phone. Look for it to feature at least 8GB of internal storage, and a slider to feature a QWERTY keyboard for your texting and emailing pleasure.

While full details, specs and pricing are of course unavailable, you can clearly see from the mockup above that the device looks pretty hot. When I first saw it, I thought to myself ‘Hmmm… sort of similar to the Samsung Instinct!’…. don’t you think? Somewhat similar in form-factor for sure.

I should note however that the image was created by the folks at Unwired View. The actual device will probably look somewhat similar to this… The folks at UR did a pretty good job on the mockup don’t you think?! Stay tuned for more news on the Hikaru!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #592 on: October 27, 2008, 10:24:02 AM »
News;

Casio's 8.1 megapixel W63CA with 480 x 800 pixel OLED flips out in Japan
http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/27/casios-8-1-megapixel-w63ca-with-480-x-800-pixel-oled-flips-out/

We had a chance to gaze through the wireframe of this 8.1 megapixel Casio W63CA Exilim cellphone back in August courtesy of the FCC's finest. Now check it in high-gloss, plastic flesh. The latest Japanese super-phone squeezes 480 x 800 pixel into a 3.1-inch OLED display. Let that sink in for a second... the very same 384,000 pixels on a display smaller than the 3.8-inch LCD heralded by the Touch HD. The camera features a wide-angle lens, 9-point auto focus, face detection, anti-shake, and a YouTube video mode that records VGA video at 30fps to microSD. All this in a Japanese-only flip measuring 110 x 50 x 17.4 ~ 22-mm when it launches in early November.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #593 on: November 08, 2008, 09:18:42 AM »
is there any price drop for christmas?

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #594 on: November 13, 2008, 11:33:21 PM »
is there any price drop for christmas?

I believe I read somewhere that LG KU990 has dropped heavly,due to a new model out on the marked.

Donīt know much about the phone,other that itīs a high end phone.  :P google it  ;)

It has been a little quiet lately...  :-\
and ohhhh I got a 16GB memory card in my N82 now  :)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #595 on: November 13, 2008, 11:36:06 PM »
Download Opera Mini 4.2 beta
http://www.operamini.com/beta/

Point your phone’s browser to mini.opera.com/beta to download the beta version of Opera Mini 4.2.

Opera Mini 4.2 beta installs next to any existing stable Opera Mini version on your device and will not overwrite any of your data.

Alternatively, you may download Opera Mini to your computer for a manual installation.
Standard
Opera Mini 4.2 beta JAR
(124 KB)
Standard
Opera Mini 4.2 beta JAD
(4 KB)
BlackBerry
Opera Mini 4.2 beta ZIP archive
(104 KB)
Palm (requires JVM installed)
Opera Mini 4.2 beta PRC
(316 KB)
New in Opera Mini 4.2 beta
Skins

Personalize Opera Mini by choosing a new colorful skin. We have reintroduced the popular skinning feature from Opera Mini 3.
Performance

Opera Mini 4.2 can use our newly established server park in the US. This means significantly faster page downloads for our users in the Americas and Asia-Pacific region. Users in the rest of the world will also experience faster page downloads since we’ve reduced the load on our other servers.
Video

We are working to make video content available on more phones through Opera Mini. If you have a new Sony Ericsson or Nokia phone, the chance is high that you can take Opera Mini for a spin on m.youtube.com.
Sync your Notes

The handy Notes functionality from the Opera Desktop Web browser just got more portable through Opera Link. All of your notes are available in Opera Mini directly from the Bookmarks menu.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #596 on: November 14, 2008, 05:27:05 PM »
i sold my n82 to my little brother and then i got the blackberry pearl for very cheap.i hate that phone with a passion.I've never been more disapointed in my life when i got the blackberry lol. 3 weeks later i sold it lol i wanted to throw it in the train tracks lol i got a new contract and they gave me lg vu.Pretty cool phone! came with cool application like a blacklist.kept it 3 months and here we are now!Getting a LGKS20 this wednesday! Windows Mobile 6.0 Pro  8) 8) im gonna write a review! gonna keep you posted,Peace Y'all!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #597 on: November 14, 2008, 07:27:10 PM »
i sold my n82 to my little brother and then i got the blackberry pearl for very cheap.i hate that phone with a passion.I've never been more disappointed in my life when i got the blackberry lol.
3 weeks later i sold it lol i wanted to throw it in the train tracks lol i got a new contract and they gave me lg vu.
Pretty cool phone! came with cool application like a blacklist.kept it 3 months and here we are now!
Getting a LGKS20 this Wednesday!
Windows Mobile 6.0 Pro  8) 8) I'm gonna write a review! gonna keep you posted,Peace Y'all!

I got blacklist application on my phone,but it don't work properly  :-\ :-\ :-\
I posted links to (must have) windows applications a couple of pages back....
I tried the Blackberry Pearl briefly,so can't really speak on it.
You didn't like N82? It's still one of the best on the marked.... far from perfect,but what is?  :P

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #598 on: November 14, 2008, 10:00:16 PM »
i sold it to my brother to help him more than anything,he had a limited budget so i decided to help him.i sold it to him for a good price.i wanted to try new things at the same time and if i dont find something i like well im byuing a new n82.I fell in love with the touch screen of the lg vu! thats why i wanna buy another touch screen.i know nokia has one in europe and asia,the date of release in north america is still pending!if it was available i would buy it for sure!

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #599 on: November 14, 2008, 10:13:07 PM »