Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 66057 times)

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #615 on: November 27, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
windows mobile is the shit  8) just recently had a lg ks20 with windows mobile 6 pro.Is there any update for Operating System   Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional? i want that shit lol  8) peace!

Al Bundy

« Reply #616 on: November 28, 2008, 06:20:05 PM »
windows mobile is the shit  8) just recently had a lg ks20 with windows mobile 6 pro.Is there any update for Operating System   Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional? i want that shit lol  8) peace!

here pimp

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=408323

Ares_Tha_Vicious

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #617 on: November 28, 2008, 06:47:47 PM »
shit...didnt know this was from a year ago....haahh new to this weak shit.
but ya, b4 the iphone all i had was shitty ass cell phones.so im more than happy with my 16gb iphone 3g

unless i have the E connection....my internet is FUCKING hella fast.basically as fast as my cable T3 connection on my comp

Al Bundy

« Reply #618 on: November 28, 2008, 08:47:01 PM »
shit...didnt know this was from a year ago....haahh new to this weak shit.
but ya, b4 the iphone all i had was shitty ass cell phones.so im more than happy with my 16gb iphone 3g

unless i have the E connection....my internet is FUCKING hella fast.basically as fast as my cable T3 connection on my comp

wtf? EDGE is slow as shit. ESPECIALLY compared to a T3 connection. T3's transfer rate is 44.736 Mbit/s while EDGE transfer rate is 59.2 kbits. big difference

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #619 on: November 29, 2008, 01:43:00 AM »
windows mobile is the shit  8) just recently had a lg ks20 with windows mobile 6 pro.Is there any update for Operating System   Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional?
I want that shit lol  8) peace!

Hope you have installed;

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/mobileshell/?en
^^^^^download ^^^^

Spb Mobile Shell 2.0 review
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AospAXcuh2Q&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AospAXcuh2Q&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:44:31 AM by tusken RAIDEr »

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #620 on: November 29, 2008, 02:02:14 AM »
I'm thinking of getting a newer Getro pcs ( My secondary phone /hustle unda line).
What's the dealio on the
MOTOROKR  Z6m.

Any feed back?

I just took a quick look over the specs.... and can tell it´s a average phone.  :P ;) Nothing special.
If it´s a brand thing,Motorola got a couple of new joints that´s tight;
Motorola Attila touchscreen handset sees daylight
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

An all-touchscreen handset (the first Motorola Windows Mobile handset without a hardware keypad), from Motorola, known as the Attila, has leaked on the Internet. By default, it looks to sport an Apple iPhone-like theme.

The is the first Motorola mobile phone to sport a trackball, for navigating around the Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional OS. Of course, nothing about pricing, announcement, or availability is currently known. Rumoured technical specifications are as follows:
Connectvity: Quad-band GSM, Tri-band UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA
Display: 2.8" touchscreen, with QVGA resolution
Extras: Wi-Fi
Battery: 1130 mAh

and

Motorola MOTO QA30 leaked
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

What is schedule to be Motorola's first slider handset, with full QWERTY hardware keyboard, has leaked. At some point, next month, it's schedule to appear on thr US-based Alltel. No information regarding price is available. Tech specs are as follows:
Connectivity: GSM, EVDO
Display: 2.5", QVGA resolution, shows up to 65 thousand colours
Camera: 2 MP
Memory: MicroSDHC expansion slot
Extras: 3.5 mm jack, USB and Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity

and

Motorola MOTOZINE ZN5
http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details.jsp?globalObjectId=242

MOTOZINE ZN5
is the first mobile phone to combine Motorola’s ModeShift Technology and KODAK Imaging Technology redefining the quality,
convenience and connectivity of mobile imaging devices.

Redefining Mobile Imaging
Simply slide the lens cover open to illuminate ModeShift Technology, transforming the full-featured mobile phone into an ultra-fast 5 megapixel camera,
complete with auto-focus, low-light optimization, and a bright Xenon flash.
ZINETM ZN5 is the only mobile phone to have KODAK Imaging Technology that can be instantly combined with
KODAK PERFECT TOUCH Technology for brighter, more vivid pictures on the spot which look noticeably better than pictures created without the technology.
Users can take advantage of multiple capture modes, including panorama,
which automatically stitches together continuous shots taken on the horizon line into a single, extended image1.

Snap and Share – Instantly!
No other phone from Motorola puts image capture first,
with a high-resolution landscape screen and one of the fastest click-to-click times available for 5 megapixel camera phones.

Auto-focus locks in less than one second and there are no delays when taking one photo to the next.
With one touch, users can view all their photos right from the home screen; no menus, no searching.
ZN5 is optimized to work with KODAK EASYSHARE Software and provide one-touch access to KODAK Gallery1
or other Web sharing sites2, by using ShoZu1 to easily move pictures off the device, allowing consumers to print, share and enjoy their photos whenever they want.  Share images with Edge or Wi-Fi connectivity 1,3 via Web sites directly from the device2
and display instant slideshows on your TV4 to friends and family with just one cable.
Printing photos via Bluetooth® Wireless Technology5 is easy with KODAK Picture Kiosks and KODAK All-in-One Printers.

Tell us All About it
In phone mode, ZN5 features Motorola’s proprietary CrystalTalkTM Technology to help users hear and be heard, even in noisy environments.
Stereo Bluetooth wireless technology enables pairing with compatible Bluetooth-enabled accessories,
such as Motorola’s stereo Bluetooth-enabled headsets as well as Bluetooth-enabled KODAK All-In-One inkjet printers5.

Code: [Select]
[b]Features[/b]
·ModeShift Technology
·5 megapixel camera, auto-focus, low-light setting, digital zoom
·Shutter speed: 1/60 – 1/1000 seconds in auto mode
·Multi-shot mode
·Capture modes: panorama, macro, multi-shot
·Editing effects: grayscale, sepia, negative, reddish, greenish, bluish,brightness, sharpen, contrast, blur
·Panorama feature automatically matches continuous shots taken on horizon line into single image
·Digital zoom lens
·Focal length: 5.56mm.  Aperture: 2.8/5.6
·Digital viewfinder
·CrystalTalk Technology
·SMS, MMS, IM, personal e-mail3
·Full HTML open source browser
·3.5mm A/V jack, FM radio, MP3, WMA
·Wi-Fi4 enabled/ WLAN: 802.11 b/g/i
·Windows Media Player® 11
·Video-C/P 15fps, MPEG4, H263
·TV out4

[b]Connectivity[/b]
·AutoPairing with Motorola/Kodak Bluetooth-enabled accessories,Stereo Bluetooth Class 2 wireless technology1 ,
High-Speed USB 2.0, Mobile Phone Tools3 and compatible Kodak Bluetooth-enabled accessories including Kodak EasyShare printers

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #621 on: December 02, 2008, 05:20:50 AM »
News;

Nokia N97 - Nseries with touch and QWERTY
Published by Rafe Blandford at 8:17 UTC, December 2nd 2008
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/8590_Nokia_N97-Nseries_with_QWERTY_.php

Nokia today announced the launch of  the Nokia N97. It is the first touch-enabled Nseries device and has a horizontal tilt-slide form factor. It transforms from a touch slate to a landscape QWERTY device. The device, which has an Internet and entertainment focus, runs on S60 5th Edition, has a customisable, widget-based, home screen and full support for Ovi services.

It features a 3.5 inch (360 x 640 resolution) touchscreen with haptic feedback, 5 megapixel camera (with Carl Zeiss optics and dual LED flash), A-GPS and compass sensors, comprehensive connectivity options (WiFi, tri-band HSDPA, Bluetooth and USB), and 32GB of internal flash memory. Read on for more.

The N97 is the most feature packed Nseries device to date and, by adding touch, it moves Nokia's high end Nseries into direct competition with touch devices such as the Samsung Omnia, LG Renoir, Apple iPhone and G1 Android Phone.

Here are first few hand-ons impressions: In the hand the N97 feels pleasingly solid, with an extremely impressive slide mechanism - it is obvious a lot of testing has gone into the hinge mechanism. In slide closed mode it is equally solid, with no give. The keyboard, while limited by design constraints, feels good, though as ever it's difficult to come to any final conclusions with prototypes. Subjectively, the 'feel' and the design of the handset screams high end with materials that can not be fully appreciated in pictures (it has that caress-ability x-factor).

It is a relatively large device, especially length-wise, but that's inevitable given the size of the screen and the inclusion of a QWERTY keyboard. There's the usual plethora of hardware features, including sensors (accelerometer, compass sensors and proximity sensors), integrated A-GPS, and connectivity options (tri-band 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth and USB). The large screen is a definite highlight - its widescreen 16:9 resolution is ideal for watching videos, but also works well for browsing the Internet. The touch screen is very sensitive, and there have been further refinements to the home screen to enable easier finger touch usage (the larger physical screen also helps with this). The UI can also be driven from the keypad using the D-pad on the left hand side of the keyboard, together with the on-screen softkeys and home key.

S60 5th Edition has been updated to Nseries specifications for the N97. Extras include UPnP, Internet Radio and Nokia Photos applications and we can expect to see a lot more in this area before the phone is released.

We'll report in greater detail in due course.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AD-elt8MN3I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AD-elt8MN3I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Key features of the phone:

Software:
Runs S60 5th Edition. You can read more about S60 5th Edition in our Nokia 5800 preview. However, the N97 will have the Nseries version of S60, which means there will be a number of extra applications including Internet Radio, FM transmitter, Home media (UPnP) and Photos.

The home screen can be personalised with Internet-aware widgets (based on WRT technology). Examples included in the press photos include weather forecasts, social networking (Facebook, Friendster, My Space) status summaries, and media collections. There are also indicators for time, profiles, email, application shortcuts and so on.

Text input is via on screen keyboard (full screen QWERTY, pop-up QWERTY and alphanumeric), as is standard on S60 5th Edition, or handwriting recognition or via the QWERTY keyboard.

Fully compatible with Ovi services including Maps, Music, Share and Games. Nokia Music store can be accessed from the device (touch optimised version) or from Nokia Music for the PC (an iTunes -Windows application). Nokia Maps now supports high resolution satellite imagery, 3D buildings (selected buildings) and richer map meta data. Pedestrian route finding and turn by turn, voice guided car navigation, are available as premium services.

Internet focus with WebKit based browser, comprehensive RSS feed support and runtime technologies including Flash, WRT (widget).

Introduces the social location (So-Lo) concept; the N97 has software that allows you to automatically update and share your location with friends and popular social networks.

'N-Gage compatible' device, which indicates that the N-Gage platform will be touch enabled by the release date of the N97.

The devices being demoed at Nokia World are running an early version of the software. In the six months leading up to the release date it is likely to evolve considerably.

Hardware:
Physical dimensions: 117.2 x 55.3 x 15.9 mm (18.25 mm at camera area), and weighs approximately 150g.

Tilt form factor with horizontal slide to reveal full QWERTY keyboard. The upper half of the device slides away from the bottom half and moves upwards in a diagonal direction. The slide is impressively smooth and when closed feels very solid in the hand (so much so its not immediately apparent it is a horizontal slide device).   

There are three keys on the front of the device: send and end keys and a home/menu key. On the left side of the device there is a slider lock and a microUSB port, on the top of the device is the power and 3.5mm audio jack and on the right hand side are the volume keys and the camera capture key.

3.5 inch, 360 x 640 (nHD) resolution resistive touch TFT screen with 16 million colours. The device can be driven using finger touch or stylus, or from the QWERTY keyboard.

Haptic feedback for screen touches. This is provided via general vibra feedback, as on the Nokia 5800.

5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics and dual LED flash. The camera is covered by a sliding lens cover similar to that found on the N85 and N79.

The camera is also used to record videos at VGA at 30 frames per seconds, but I've seen a demo of it recording and playing video back in a 16:9 resolution mode (also as on the 5800). The usual Share online application is present for uploading images and video to online services such as Flickr and Share on Ovi (available services likely to be expanded before launch).

Integrated A-GPS and compass sensor (magnetometer) means that the N97 'intuitively knows where it is' and this is used by Nokia Maps, and for social location; also embeds location information into images and video.

3.5 mm audio jack (also used for TV-Out) and built in stereo speakers. Music playback time of one and half days (36 hours). There's also an FM radio and FM transmitter.

microUSB jack (USB 2.0 HiSpeed) and supports charging over USB

32GB or 64GB of internal flash memory

microSD card slot with support for SDHC cards up to 16GB in size (giving total potential memory of 80 GB)

WiFi, 3.5G (tri-band HSDPA - 900, 1900 and 2100 Mhz), quad-band GSM and Bluetooth connectivity (various profiles including HID, SAP, A2DP and AVRCP).

1500 mAh battery (BP-4L - the same monster as that used in the E71, E90, 6650 and N800).

There is no stylus built into the phone, but one will be included in the box.

The Nokia N97 is expected to ship in the first half of 2009 (presumably in June) with an estimated price of 550 Euro before taxes and subsidies.

The N97 (117.2 x 55.3 x 15.9 mm) is larger than the 5800 (111 x 51.7 x 15.5 mm). Compared to the iPhone (112 x 56.9 x 12.5 mm) is a little taller, but slightly mm narrower. Quite impressive given the incluion of a QWERTY keyboard. N78 also shown.

Press release extract:

Nokia today unveiled the Nokia N97, the world’s most advanced mobile computer, which will transform the way people connect to the Internet and to each other. Designed for the needs of Internet-savvy consumers, the Nokia N97 combines a large 3.5” touch display with a full QWERTY keyboard, providing an ‘always open’ window to favorite social networking sites and Internet destinations. Nokia’s flagship Nseries device introduces leading technology – including multiple sensors, memory, processing power and connection speeds – for people to create a personal Internet and share their ‘social location.’

“From the desktop to the laptop and now to your pocket, the Nokia N97 is the most powerful, multi-sensory mobile computer in existence,” said Jonas Geust, Vice President, heading Nokia Nseries. “Together with the Ovi services announced today, the Nokia N97 mobile computer adjusts to the world around us, helping stay connected to the people and things that matter most. With the Nokia N97, Nseries leads the charge in helping to transform the Internet into your Internet”.

The specs looks good.....
32GB or 64GB of internal flash memory
  microSD card slot with support for SDHC cards up to 16GB in size (giving total potential memory of 80 GB)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ nice ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why phones get cancelled?
http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2008/cancel-phone-en.shtml

There are dozens of spy photos of various phones that can make your mouth water floating around the Web - astonishingly beautiful, with very robust feature packs and all-around likable they seem to have what it takes to become your next flame. But for some obscure and idiotic reasons (they must have gone crazy!) phone makers cancel them, occasionally at the very last moment. In this write-up we'll tell you why these seemingly illogical decisions aren't always unfounded and why vendors are less short-sighted and careless than they may seem from time to time.

Read the rest here;
http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2008/cancel-phone-en.shtml

Some cancelled phone´s;
Sony Ericsson G702 (BeiBei):

Sony Ericsson G902 (Paris):

Motorola's RAZR3 (Rubi)

Nokia 6210 Navigator

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 05:29:26 AM by tusken RAIDEr »

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #622 on: December 04, 2008, 05:06:34 AM »
News;

Land Rover Contracts with Sonim to Make Branded Phones
http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=3681

Land Rover and Sonim Technologies have entered into an agreement to develop and launch co-branded mobile phones.
A total of three phones are already in the works,
with two -- the Land Rover S1 (pictured) and Land Rover S2 G4 -- slated for launches in the first half of 2009, and the third following later in the year.
The phones will be rugged, submersible, and certified to withstand salt, fog, humidity, transport and thermal shock
and a 1.6-meter drop to concrete from any angle.
Land Rover and Sonim are working with designer Scott Wilson to create the products, which will use GSM-based radio technology.

more info at Land Rover »
and
more info at Sonim »

Nokia unveils three new accessories
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/12/03/nokia-unveils-three-new-accessories.html

Finally, it’s not just the uber-cool N97 Nokia has unveiled at their Nokia World. They also went out with three brand new accessories:
Nokia Home Music is a music device for home which brings internet radio, podcasts, and FM radio at the touch of a button.
It can connect to mobile phone, PC or a compatible digital music player.
Specs wise, there’s WiFi radio on board, and an array of connectors
— including standard 3.5mm headphone jack, 3.5mm line-in, USB, Ethernet, SPDIF Optical output, RCA line-out.

Nokia Internet Stick CS-10 - the Finnish giant’s latest HSPA modem that supports up to 7.2mbps in downlink and up to 2.0mbps in uplink speeds.

Finally, Nokia Extra Power DC-11 is an external battery for those that need an extra juice from time to time.
It features two separate charging connectors, allowing simultaneous charging of up to two devices via micro USB and/or Nokia’s 2mm charging interface.

And that’s about it. I like that Home Music system, especially. I could easily envision it sitting at the table in my room. Until next time, I’ll keep hating the wires…

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #623 on: December 04, 2008, 04:09:09 PM »

here pimp

PROPS MAN  MAYBE THIS IS GONNA FIX MY BUG ON MY PHONE  8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #624 on: December 04, 2008, 04:32:47 PM »

here pimp

a good way to make better use of your phone is to overclock the processor. my blackjack II is overclocked to 275 mhz and makes it run like a fuckin champ  8)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #625 on: December 06, 2008, 08:23:53 AM »

here pimp

a good way to make better use of your phone is to overclock the processor.
my blackjack II is overclocked to 275 MHz and makes it run like a fucking champ  8)

A friend of mine gave me his old Qtek 8300... which run WM5 standard.

I can see that you're pretty much on top of things when it comes to WM....  ;)
so do you know if there's a way for me to install WM6 or even 6.1 on it?

Al Bundy

« Reply #626 on: December 06, 2008, 05:09:40 PM »

here pimp

my blackjack II is overclocked to 275 MHz and makes it run like a fucking champ  8)

after a quick google search, no dice.

i'd suggest checking the www.xda-developers.com website since they have a ton of info on everything windows mobile.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #627 on: December 07, 2008, 05:19:18 AM »

here pimp

after a quick google search, no dice.

I'd suggest checking the www.xda-developers.com website since they have a ton of info on everything windows mobile.

I know about that site/forum... not really checked it though.  ;)
Will browse it and look for info. The phone is dope,shit got wifi and all.... but is small as a regular phone,not a brick like most if not all smartphones.  :-X :-[ :laugh:
But the OS (and UI) is dated.... anyway thanks,will do some research.
(by the way the phone is also known as HTC Tornado,i-Mate SP5,SPV C600)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #628 on: December 07, 2008, 05:24:57 AM »
It's all about the free phone ;D

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #629 on: December 07, 2008, 05:26:08 AM »
News

iFone x1 clone mixes Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 with the iPhone
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/12/06/ifone-x1-clone-mixes-sony-ericsson-xperia-x1-with-the-iphone.html
Here’s what happens when certain Chinese handset cloners makers use their imagination. A new device is created combining best of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 and the iPhone, or at least that supposed to be the idea here. However, we don’t see this as a best solution — if we could even argue something like that in a clone device — the iFone x1 lacks full QWERTY keyboard from Sony Ericsson’s smartphone and that’s one element I would love to see on the iPhone.

Anyway, the device is apparently running Windows CE and among other things sports
two SIM card slots, FM radio, some media player and who knows/cares what else.

A short demo video of iFone x1 in action
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ECHt2T-Qp0M&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ECHt2T-Qp0M&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;autoplay=0</a>