Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65945 times)

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #660 on: January 13, 2009, 10:54:33 AM »
that 2TB sdcard is fucking amazing! no more music storage problems! i will be able to put all of my music cd's on it!

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #661 on: January 13, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »
Nokia Locate Sensor
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/01/09/nokia-locate-sensor-never-lose-anything-again/

Nokia Locate Sensor has just made its debut at CES 2009. The brainchild of the folk over at the Nokia Research Center, Locate Sensor is a prototype service designed to help ensure you never lose anything. You simply attach a physical wireless location tag (see photo gallery) to stuff such as your keys or wallet, and if you drop anything or it gets nicked from your pocket the accompanying Nokia Locate Sensor app points you in the direction of the item and even tells you how far away it is.

That’s not all it can do. Read on for the full details and to see a photo gallery of it in action.
The tiny Locate Sensor tag - the little green gizmo pictured below - can be attached and modified to be fixed to any sort of item you can think of, and the phone app will support up to 100 items. The battery powered tag runs for up to 18 months, but if the tag is made bigger it could accommodate a bigger battery and longer life, and similarly vice versa.

If you drop something the phone application is designed to automatically alert you and help you hone in on the object within a distance of up to 100 metres. It transmits a simple signal, and doesn’t use GPS, so it can be used inside and isn’t a battery killer.

Another smart use for Nokia Locate Sensor is that it can be tweaked to work the opposite way round - so if you have a tag on your person you can set it so that if your phone is lost or goes further that say 3 metres from you, it immediately disables the handset and re-enables it when it reenters your close vicinity.

It’s such a simple idea, the app works brilliantly, and it’s definitely one of the smartest little gadgets to make an appearance at CES 2009.

There’s no official word if Nokia Locate Sensor will leave Nokia Research Center and become a real product, but from what we saw of it we reckon it would make an awesome addition to Nokia’s product line-up. We’ll keep you posted.

What happens if you lose the locator?

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #662 on: January 13, 2009, 03:05:25 PM »
Nokia Locate Sensor
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/01/09/nokia-locate-sensor-never-lose-anything-again/

Nokia Locate Sensor has just made its debut at CES 2009. The brainchild of the folk over at the Nokia Research Center, Locate Sensor is a prototype service designed to help ensure you never lose anything. You simply attach a physical wireless location tag (see photo gallery) to stuff such as your keys or wallet, and if you drop anything or it gets nicked from your pocket the accompanying Nokia Locate Sensor app points you in the direction of the item and even tells you how far away it is.

That’s not all it can do. Read on for the full details and to see a photo gallery of it in action.
The tiny Locate Sensor tag - the little green gizmo pictured below - can be attached and modified to be fixed to any sort of item you can think of, and the phone app will support up to 100 items. The battery powered tag runs for up to 18 months, but if the tag is made bigger it could accommodate a bigger battery and longer life, and similarly vice versa.

If you drop something the phone application is designed to automatically alert you and help you hone in on the object within a distance of up to 100 metres. It transmits a simple signal, and doesn’t use GPS, so it can be used inside and isn’t a battery killer.

Another smart use for Nokia Locate Sensor is that it can be tweaked to work the opposite way round - so if you have a tag on your person you can set it so that if your phone is lost or goes further that say 3 metres from you, it immediately disables the handset and re-enables it when it reenters your close vicinity.

It’s such a simple idea, the app works brilliantly, and it’s definitely one of the smartest little gadgets to make an appearance at CES 2009.

There’s no official word if Nokia Locate Sensor will leave Nokia Research Center and become a real product, but from what we saw of it we reckon it would make an awesome addition to Nokia’s product line-up. We’ll keep you posted.

What happens if you lose the locator?

:P

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #663 on: January 31, 2009, 05:01:07 AM »
News

Sony Ericsson S001 is the best Cyber-shot phone; Too bad it’s a Japan-only device
http://www.intomobile.com/2009/01/30/sony-ericsson-s001-is-the-best-cyber-shot-phone-too-bad-its-a-japan-only-device.html

Cry if you’re not in Japan. KDDI scored exclusive deal with Sony Ericsson (NYSE: SNE) to carry the company’s Japan-only S001 Cyber-shot handset. The super powerful slider looks great, and among other things comes with a large 3.3-inch WVGA (480×800) OLED screen ensuring beautiful colors, 8.1 megapixel camera with auto-focus, flash, smile shutter and protective lens cover. In addition, there’s 3G radio on board, Bluetooth, as well as GPS

receiver. We couldn’t find WiFi on the list, but I guess that doesn’t mean much when you’re connected via cellular towers, like all the time.

As I said, it’s a Japan only device, which they [Japanese] can grab in either black, pink or green. All versions rock as you can see from the gallery bellow. I wonder when will Sony Ericsson figure we want such devices in the Western hemisphere, too…

i-mate to unveil new revolutionary Windows Mobile phone at Mobile World Congress 2009 next month
http://msmobiles.com/news.php/7994.html

i-mate is alive and kicking!

WHO IS I- MATE? Founded in 2001, i-mate (www.imate.com) is one of the world’s leading experts in the design, development and customization of Microsoft Windows Mobile powered mobile devices. Over the last few years the company has grown significantly, with product distribution across the Middle East, USA, Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia, Africa and Europe.

WHAT IS I-MATE ANNOUNCING? At MWC 2009 i-mate will be unveiling its brand new product – one which sees them break new grounds with a revolutionary mobile device that’s like nothing else.

Note: we will be at MWC 2009 on location, and we will bring first-hand reports from the i-mate! Since by now i-mate has been releasing several Windows Mobile phones, we deduce that this new revolutionary device from i-mate will also be Windows Mobile powered... but obviously we can't be sure yet.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #664 on: February 12, 2009, 06:18:54 AM »
News

Alcatel assembling a Lego (or Lego-esque) phone?
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/11/alcatel-assembling-a-lego-or-lego-esque-phone/

Can you guess what Alcatel's trying to do with this one? Yeah, Lego's products are some of the most recognizable in the world -- and while we can't tell if there's any official Lego brand tie-in here, we certainly wouldn't be surprised if there was in light of Lego's recent foray into the bleeding-edge frontier of consumer electronics. What we're looking at seems to be a render of a device Alcatel hopes to introduce in 2009, borrowing heavily from Denmark's favorite export to provide snap-on faceplates sure to bring a smile to any 6-year-old's face. We don't have any information beyond the screen cap, but there's no compelling reason to believe it's not real -- other than the fact that Legos don't make for the best phone ergonomics, we suppose. Theme devices like this tend to be more Modelabs' territory, but that's not to say Alcatel isn't perfectly capable of pulling this off, either. Next up: a Duplo-based DynaTAC, perhaps?

400 Games for SonyEricsson | 67.44 Mb 128x160, 176x208, 176x220, 240x320, 352x416
http://www.softnull.com/14527-400-java-games-for-sonyericsson.html

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #665 on: February 15, 2009, 12:35:16 PM »
News

Sony Ericsson announces the 8 megapixel W995 and the 12 megapixel Idou
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/02/15/sony-ericsson-announces-the-8mp-w995-amd-the-12mp-idou/

Sony Ericsson had the first press conference of MWC 2009 and used that opportunity to announce the W995, previously known as the Hikaru. The W995 is an 8 megapixel slider with 3.5mm headphone jack, stereo speakers, 2.6″ QVGA scratch-resistant screen, 118MB built-in memory, A-GPS with Google Maps and Wayfinder Navigator pre-installed, Wi-Fi and full PlayStation 3 compatibility. The phone also supports Sony Ericsson’s new Media Go service which allows you to easily transfer music, videos, photos and podcasts between your mobile phone and computer. This handset will be available in Progressive Black, Cosmic Silver and Energetic Red in select markets starting at the end of Q1 2009.

Sony Ericsson also unveiled the 12 megapixel Symbian-based Idou. The Idou will feature a Xenon flash, large 3.5″ 16:9 touchscreen and will be capable of “full media consumption”. The Idou does not have a model name yet and is expected to be available in the second half of 2009.

<a href="http://www.viddler.com/simple/c48867a8/" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.viddler.com/simple/c48867a8/</a>

Looks like SonyEricsson is back!
They got some killer phones coming  :o :P :) :) :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:51:03 PM by tusken RAIDEr »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #666 on: February 15, 2009, 10:45:04 PM »
looks amazing,killer specs but it's gonna be fucking expensive lol

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #667 on: February 16, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »
looks amazing,killer specs but it's gonna be fucking expensive lol

if it shit packs 64-128GB internal memory + expandable memory card slot (as it probably will).....
It's as good as mine  :P.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #668 on: February 16, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »
News

Nokia busts out its own 8 megapixel slider: the N86
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/16/nokia-busts-out-its-own-8-megapixel-slider-the-n86/

Whoa, Nelly! While Samsung is strutting its 8 megapixel Memoir and Sony Ericsson is letting us all in on the forthcoming 12 megapixel Idou, Nokia is getting even with its 8 megapixel N86. Amazingly, we saw that the suits in Espoo had this thing on the brain way back in 2007, but not until today have we seen a real live product. The N-series slider boasts a Carl Zeiss lens, AutoFocus, dual-LED flash and Symbian S60, not to mention a 2.6-inch OLED display, 8GB of internal memory, a 3.5 millimeter headphone jack, microUSB connector and Share on Ovi integration. We're left in the dark when it comes to pricing and availability, but we're hoping to hear more really, really soon. More shots are waiting in the read link.

HTC unveils Touch Diamond 2, Touch Pro 2!!!
http://www.intomobile.com/2009/02/16/htc-unveils-touch-diamond-2-touch-pro-2.html

Guess we all expected to see the HTC announcing Touch HD with full QWERTY keyboard at some point. I always thought it will be called the Touch Pro HD, and now I know I was wrong…

Anyhow, the Taiwan-based smartphone maker unveiled two new products - Touch Diamond 2 and Touch Pro 2, with former being a direct competitor to the company’s existing model - Touch HD.

Specs wise, both devices come with 512 MB of ROM, 288 MB of RAM, HSPA, Qualcomm (NSDQ: QCOM)’s MSM7200A 528 MHz CPU, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth. In addition, new devices also sport HTC’s new Straight Talk technology which wows to deliver an “integrated email, voice and speakerphone experience,” by including some sort of mechanical and acoustic design for high-fidelity voice and sound experience.

As for the differences, the Touch Pro 2 has a bigger screen (3.6-inch as opposed to Diamond’s 3.2-inch), but a lower-res camera (3.2 megapixels as opposed to Diamond 2’s 5 megapixels).

Size wise the Touch Diamond 2 measures 107.85×53.1×13.7 mm (4.25×2.09×0.54 inches) and has a weight of 117.5 grams (4.15 ounces) with battery; while the Touch Pro 2 has dimensions of 116×59.2×17.25 mm (4.57×2.33×0.68 inches) and weighs 175 grams (6.17 ounces) with battery.

The HTC Touch Diamond 2 is set to hit major European and Asian markets in early Q2 2009 with broader global availability coming later in the year. The Touch Pro 2, on the other hand, will be available across major global markets beginning in early summer.

PRESS RELEASE - HTC Corporation, a global designer of mobile phones, today unveiled two new flagship devices, the HTC Touch Diamond2 and HTC Touch Pro2. Integrating innovative simplicity with unique style and an intuitive interface, the devices balance function, form and cutting-edge technology to personalize the communication and mobile Internet experience.

“The HTC Touch Pro2 and HTC Touch Diamond2 introduce a mobile communication experience that simplifies how we communicate with people in our lives whether through voice, text or email,” said Peter Chou, president and CEO, HTC Corp. “HTC is delivering the latest, cutting-edge sophistication in a broad portfolio of mobile phones that improve how people live, work and communicate.”

HTC TOUCHFLO 3D INTEGRATED WITH WINDOWS MOBILE

The HTC Touch Diamond2 and HTC Touch Pro2 utilize HTC’s latest TouchFLO 3D interface. TouchFLO 3D has been more deeply integrated into a customized version of Windows Mobile 6.1 to deliver more consistency throughout Windows Mobile applications and menus. Focused on making navigation easier and more intuitive, TouchFLO 3D brings important information to the top-level user interface, including quick access to people, messaging, email, photos, music and weather. As part of this improved Windows Mobile integration the touch focus areas have been enlarged to be more finger-touch friendly.

BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER

With the HTC Touch Diamond2 and HTC Touch Pro2, HTC is introducing a new people-centric communication approach, providing a single contact view that displays the individual conversation history of contacts regardless of whether voice, text or email were used. This can be viewed from the contact card or the in-call screen during a phone conversation, ensuring the latest communication contact-by-contact is always at hand.

SIMPLIFYING HOW PEOPLE ACCESS THEIR INFORMATION

Continuing its commitment to making the mobile Internet easier and more enjoyable, the HTC Touch Diamond2 and HTC Touch Pro2 introduce HTC’s Push Internet technology. HTC Push Internet alleviates slow downloading and rendering of Web pages on a mobile phone. Users can preselect their favorite Websites to get immediate access to them when needed.

HTC TOUCH DIAMOND2

The HTC Touch Diamond2 is the next step in the evolution of the successful HTC Touch Diamond. Crafted to fit perfectly into the hand, the Touch Diamond2 evolves the compact design and iconic style of the original HTC Touch Diamond. It incorporates a larger 3.2-inch high-resolution wide-screen VGA display for a greater viewing area in a design just 13.7mm thick. The phone also includes a new touch sensitive zoom bar for even faster zooming of Web pages, emails, text messages, photos or documents.

Leveraging HTC’s TouchFLO 3D experience combined with a people-centric communication approach and HTC’s new Push Internet technology The Touch Diamond2 offers an advanced touch experience that is optimized for one-hand use.

With fifty-percent better battery life, a five mega-pixel auto focus camera, expandable memory, gravity sensor and an ambient light sensor, the Touch Diamond2 brings the most sophisticated capabilities to a broad consumer audience looking for the professional benefits of a smartphone without sacrificing size, looks or functionality.

HTC TOUCH PRO2

Designed for business professionals, the HTC Touch Pro2 is architected with distinct style and strength while delivering the most powerful productivity experience available on a mobile phone. Leveraging HTC’s TouchFLO 3D, people-centric communication and Push Internet technology, the Touch Pro2 features a high-resolution 3.6-inch widescreen VGA display for an expanded viewing area and large finger-friendly QWERTY keyboard. With improved battery life, expandable memory, a touch-sensitive zoom bar as well as gravity, proximity and ambient light sensors, the Touch Pro2 is optimized for touch as well as heavy email use.

INTRODUCING HTC STRAIGHT TALK FOR HTC TOUCH PRO2

The new HTC Touch Pro2 leverages voice in a new way to create one of the most sophisticated communication experiences found on a mobile phone. HTC’s new Straight Talk technology delivers an integrated email, voice and speakerphone experience. Users can transition seamlessly from email to single or multi-party conference calls and turn any location into a conference room.

In addition to the new simplified calling experience, Straight Talk includes an innovative mechanical and acoustic design that features a sophisticated speakerphone experience similar to those found in corporate boardrooms. Straight Talk delivers a high-fidelity voice and sound experience enhanced by asymmetric speakers and advanced noise suppression with full duplex acoustics. When the Touch Pro2 is flipped over it automatically turns into a conference room speakerphone system.

Availability

The HTC Touch Diamond2 will be available to customers across major European and Asian markets in early Q2 2009 with broader global availability coming later in the year. The Touch Pro2 will be available across major global markets beginning in early summer.

Samsung I7410 Projector Phone
http://www.gadgetvenue.com/samsung-i7410-projector-phone-02161332/

Mobile Phones with projectors built in seem to becoming more mentioned over these last 12 months. Samsung have now launched the Samsung I7410 (W7900 for Koreans) which boasts a tiny little projector inside which is capable of providing a screen larger then 50″.

I do like the idea of having a projector in my mobile phone as there is enough storage there to store plenty of movies and presentations on, but yet I can never settle and actually watch a film due to the 2 - 3″ screen size that smartphones tend to have. Now that projector phones have the capabilities to throw a large screen it suddenly makes watching movies on your phone more of an option.

The Samsung I7410 comes equipped with a TI DLP Pico Chipset to throw the image. It uses a bright LED to create the light source which in turn gets thrown on to the wall. With the light source being a bright LED it’s not going to be the brightest of images and probably almost unusable in bright light. However, hide your self in a room or throw a smaller 15 - 20 inch screen on to a nearby wall then you should have an ample image to view.

Samsung I7410 Features

* DLP Pico chipset technology
* 5 megapixel camera
* High-resolution color OLED touchscreen
* Intuitive flick navigation to view presentations and photo slideshows
* Ultra-contemporary sleek and lightweight design
* Built-in audio speakers

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #669 on: February 16, 2009, 03:55:07 PM »
News

Sony Ericsson announces the 8 megapixel W995 and the 12 megapixel Idou
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=152903.msg2113828#msg2113828
<a href="http://www.viddler.com/simple/c48867a8/" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.viddler.com/simple/c48867a8/</a>

video presentation of SonEricsson´s new killer phone

Matty

« Reply #670 on: February 16, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »
nokia going down long term. that new SE looks really nice. might be between that and a newer iphone by the time i get a new device. played with the 3g iphone recently and must say it is extremely extremely nice. only thing that would stop me getting the current model is the terrible camera and video capture.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #671 on: February 17, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »
News

GSM Association sets 2012 target date for universal cellphone charger
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/17/gsm-association-sets-2012-target-date-for-universal-cellphone-ch/

Well, this is certainly interesting. Just a couple of days after a top European Union commissioner mused about the need for a universal cellphone charger, the GSM Association has now come out and announced that it and 17 of its partner companies are indeed working on such a solution, and that they plan to have a common format in place by 2012. That rather ambitious date will be a bit easier to meet considering the group's choice of connector, micro-USB, which has already gained quite a bit of acceptance as a common format. The use of micro-USB apparently won't be firm requirement by 2012, however, with the GSMA simply saying that the "majority" of new phones sold by then will support what they're describing as the universal charging solution (or UCS), which itself will have to meet a number of strict requirements in order to be broadly compatible. Of course, while everyone including the likes of Nokia, Motorola, LG, Samsung, and Sony Ericsson have signed on with the GSMA, there are a few big names absent, not the least of which, unsurprisingly, is Apple, so there's certainly still quite a ways to go before we have a truly universal standard.

About fuckings time  :P

Matty

« Reply #672 on: February 17, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »
or maybe an android phone they will probably get the best apps hands down.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #673 on: February 17, 2009, 10:14:42 PM »
nokia going down long term.

that will take some years

that new SE looks really nice. might be between that and a newer iphone by the time i get a new device.
played with the 3g iphone recently and must say it is extremely extremely nice.
only thing that would stop me getting the current model is the terrible camera and video capture.

Too many limits on iPhone for me to jump on the bandwagon for now.
-no Bluetooth A2DP Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) + can't share files over bluetooth in general  :P
-Can't change battery (I currently got three with me all the time  :P)
-The camera issue is on some stone age shit  :P

So I'll wait  :P

or maybe an android phone they will probably get the best apps hands down.

That could be,but damn so far all the Android powered phones I've seen is butt ugly.
Both HTC and Samsung presented a couple of new ones the other day,they was so ugly/boring that I didn't bother to post them here.  :P

anyway for the fuck of it,here's one of HTC´s new Android powered phones;

HTC Magic, running on Android announced for Vodafone
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

Network operator Vodafone has announced the HTC Magic, which is the second mobile phone to run on Google's open-source Android Operating System - the first of which being the G1, which is a T-Mobile exclusive. Unlike the G1, the Magic has no hardware QWERTY keyboard, so you'll have to soley rely on the on-screen keyboard for texting, e-mailing, and so on.

Other than that, the G1 and Magic share many of the same features. The Magic will first be available in the United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, France, and Italy. It'll be available in the UK from April, with the other listed countries sometime after. As for the price, it's only known that it'll be available in Spain, on contract, with the device's pricing ranging from €99-€199, depending on the tariff. Known features are as follows:
Connectivity: Quad-band GSM, HSDPA
Display: 3.2", 320 x 480 pixels
Camera: 3.2MP, Autofocus
Memory: 192MB RAM, 512MB ROM
Extras: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, Webkit Web Browser
Processor speed: 528 MHz
Dimensions: 113 x 55 x 13.65 mm
Weight: 118.5 grams, including battery
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:33:33 PM by tusken RAIDEr »

DJDMC

• Lil Geezy
  • Exit DJ's..Enter CJ's...
« Reply #674 on: February 19, 2009, 04:52:25 AM »
There is a new version of the iPhone, totally better, able to SMS photos too now!
Yukmouth - The West Coast Don.... GO COP THAT SHIT!!!!!