Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 66035 times)

Matty

Re: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)
« Reply #810 on: February 10, 2010, 09:27:27 AM »
if you hack the firmware on any device you NEVER do any kind of official update without knowing it is 100% safe first. that's just common sense hombres :bandit:

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #811 on: February 10, 2010, 10:22:37 AM »
if you hack the firmware on any device you NEVER do any kind of official update without knowing it is 100% safe first. that's just common sense hombres :bandit:

i never unlocked a phone before.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Al Bundy

« Reply #812 on: February 10, 2010, 11:36:51 AM »

did you ever backup your SHSH files with cydia on firmware 3.1.2? if so you can downgrade back to 3.1.2 but it will *NOT* downgrade the baseband. so basically you can jailbreak it again but can't unlock (i assume you're on AT&T so this isn't that big of a deal)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #813 on: February 10, 2010, 12:02:27 PM »

did you ever backup your SHSH files with cydia on firmware 3.1.2? if so you can downgrade back to 3.1.2 but it will *NOT* downgrade the baseband. so basically you can jailbreak it again but can't unlock (i assume you're on AT&T so this isn't that big of a deal)

no i didnt, yea i read that method up of downgrading unfortunately i cant do it.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #814 on: February 10, 2010, 12:31:38 PM »
ive herd that the 4.0 update is going to be crazy (like new stuff)

Al Bundy

« Reply #815 on: February 10, 2010, 12:43:11 PM »
Opera Mini Coming To The iPhone

Yes you hear that right and you hear it on FSM first. Althought we have a couple of browser alternatives in the appstore and Cydia, people always craved for Opera Mini or Firefox. Well, Opera Software, maker of the world’s most popular mobile Web browser, plans to reveal Opera Mini for iPhone in an exclusive press and partner preview during the 2010 Mobile World Congress (MWC).

Opera Mobile 10 beta 3 on Symbian S60 and Windows Mobile handsets
Opera Mobile 10 beta running on Android handsets
Opera Mini 5 beta, running on a variety of handsets and platforms
Opera’s cross-platform Widgets Manager beta, running on Windows Mobile and S60 handsets

We are thrilled to offer journalists and partners an exclusive preview of Opera Mini for iPhone during the year’s biggest mobile event. This is a unique opportunity to introduce the fast, feature-rich Opera Mini experience for the iPhone, and to showcase our latest beta releases of Opera Mobile and Opera Mini on other platforms and devices. Opera’s mission is to bring the Web to the world, and by making Opera Mini available on yet another platform, we are one step closer.

To hear more from Opera about the future of the Web, you can attend one of the speaking engagements during MWC

Monday, February 15, 2010
15:00 — Jon von Tetzchner, Vodafone panel discussion on “Mobile Web developments, W3C standards, using Web APIs and the live creation of widgets”, in Hall 7, Auditorium 1
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
14:00 — Håkon Wium Lie, panel discussion on “Mobile security in an IP world”, Hall 5
14:00 — Christen Krogh, presentation on “Creating a connected cloud for the perfect mobile storm”, Hall 5
15:45 — GSMA Awards ceremony, Opera Mini shortlisted for “Best Mobile Internet Service” and “Best Mobile Technology Breakthrough”, Hall 5, Level 3, Auditorium 1

Al Bundy

« Reply #816 on: February 10, 2010, 12:49:27 PM »
ive herd that the 4.0 update is going to be crazy (like new stuff)

about the only thing that I have seen about the new OS version is built-in backgrounding which can already be done with Backgrounder.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #817 on: February 10, 2010, 01:04:27 PM »
Opera Mini Coming To The iPhone

Yes you hear that right and you hear it on FSM first. Althought we have a couple of browser alternatives in the appstore and Cydia, people always craved for Opera Mini or Firefox. Well, Opera Software, maker of the world’s most popular mobile Web browser, plans to reveal Opera Mini for iPhone in an exclusive press and partner preview during the 2010 Mobile World Congress (MWC).

Opera Mobile 10 beta 3 on Symbian S60 and Windows Mobile handsets
Opera Mobile 10 beta running on Android handsets
Opera Mini 5 beta, running on a variety of handsets and platforms
Opera’s cross-platform Widgets Manager beta, running on Windows Mobile and S60 handsets

We are thrilled to offer journalists and partners an exclusive preview of Opera Mini for iPhone during the year’s biggest mobile event. This is a unique opportunity to introduce the fast, feature-rich Opera Mini experience for the iPhone, and to showcase our latest beta releases of Opera Mobile and Opera Mini on other platforms and devices. Opera’s mission is to bring the Web to the world, and by making Opera Mini available on yet another platform, we are one step closer.

To hear more from Opera about the future of the Web, you can attend one of the speaking engagements during MWC

Monday, February 15, 2010
15:00 — Jon von Tetzchner, Vodafone panel discussion on “Mobile Web developments, W3C standards, using Web APIs and the live creation of widgets”, in Hall 7, Auditorium 1
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
14:00 — Håkon Wium Lie, panel discussion on “Mobile security in an IP world”, Hall 5
14:00 — Christen Krogh, presentation on “Creating a connected cloud for the perfect mobile storm”, Hall 5
15:45 — GSMA Awards ceremony, Opera Mini shortlisted for “Best Mobile Internet Service” and “Best Mobile Technology Breakthrough”, Hall 5, Level 3, Auditorium 1

Best thing since sliced bread.
Now if only Apple could allow file sharing through bluetooth and battery swap without breaking it.  :P
...and maybe add at least 5mpx camera with flash.  :)

Pictures of 4th Gen iPhone?
http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml

Alleged pictures of a new iPhone aren;t exactly the most reliable of things, but you can make your own mind up about them.
If they prove to be correct then it looks like we're in for some more of the same from Apple, not that a radical re-design of the iPhone  is expected by many. Interestingly enough these pictures show the alleged 4th gen iPhone as being a little taller than its predecessors albeit within the same overall design.
Also notice the mysterious reflective surface highlighted in the picture;
some are wondering if it has a connection with video calls,
if so it would be the first time I can remember a handset having a forward facing mirror for such a purpose.
Obviously we'll be taking these images with a healthy grain of salt, but they're repectable at least and not completely out of the ball park of what can be expected come 28th June.

Al Bundy

« Reply #818 on: February 10, 2010, 01:36:57 PM »
Now if only Apple could allow file sharing through bluetooth and battery swap without breaking it.  :P
...and maybe add at least 5mpx camera with flash.  :)

iBlueNova will allow Bluetooth transfers on iPhone OS  8)

A removable battery would be nice & a 5 megapixel camera with flash would be even better

Al Bundy

« Reply #819 on: February 11, 2010, 02:06:51 PM »
So earlier today there was a little rumble in the unlock world,via Twitter, as a new exploit was rumored to be found for the new iPhone 3.1.3 firmware’s baseband 5.12. Sherif Hashim managed to crash the baseband, which in turn could possibly be used for an unlock.

A little while later MuscleNerd of the iPhone DevTeam, confirmed that it was a legit find.

What does all of this mean? Well, maybe an unlock for the early up graders of iPhone 3.1.3 that relied on the unlock and are now stuck. But, with the time it takes to actually develop it into an unlock, my guess is that no one will burn the exploit, and tip their hand to Apple this close to the release schedule for a new device and firmware. But, stranger things have happened.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #820 on: February 12, 2010, 03:23:35 PM »
Rumor;

Nokia Could Hit Back With A Mammoth 12 MPX camera , 720p-Shooting N8-00 Phone Next Week
http://gizmodo.com/5469603/nokia-could-hit-back-with-a-mammoth-12+mp-720p+shooting-n8+00-phone-next-week?

Nokia's slashing the number of smartphone models by half this year, but at least we know one of them will be a doozy,
if true: the N8-00 is rumored to sport a 12-megapixel lens and the new Symbian^3 OS.

That camera lens will be big news for Nokia, as it'll also shoot in 720p too, according to French site Tom's Guide.
The touchscreen will be a capacitive multitouch affair, and will go on sale in summer if it doesn't turn out to be too good to be true.

Interestingly, speculation is also claiming Nokia's going to do a major rebrand of its series, which could prove to be a further lash of the critic-whip if it does anything other than simplify matters.
Currently, it has all manner of series names and services, including XpressMusic, Classic and Navigator, but at MWC they're expected to announce a streamlined five main lines.

The C-series will be low-end candybars like Nokia's known for, the X-series will be multimedia and music-angled devices presumably all Coming With Music (if they don't kill off their music download service first).
The E-series will remain the business, QWERTY range; the N-series its more premium, upmarket line and finally the S-series will be even more luxurious and limited.

With any luck some of their new devices and strategies will be revealed next week at MWC, along with the inevitable gloating over their latest financial results. I really do want things to pick up for Nokia, honest—it'd please me so much to see them do something good next week.

Al Bundy

« Reply #821 on: February 12, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »
the UI doesn't look that appealing but I bet it will be a hell of a phone

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #822 on: February 12, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »
the UI doesn't look that appealing but I bet it will be a hell of a phone

yeah,it looks a little messy,with all those widgets.
SonyEricssons Satio,that's pretty much got the same specs. Runs Symbian as well.
Symbian touch screen UI 2009/2010
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3XSgj5fXO0I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3XSgj5fXO0I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #823 on: February 12, 2010, 10:16:32 PM »
aite celly experts
so someone told me a storm 2 has the bluetooth thing that plays muzik in the ride from your phone

anyone up on that program and know what phones are compatible?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #824 on: February 12, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »
aite celly experts
so someone told me a storm 2 has the bluetooth thing that plays muzik in the ride from your phone

anyone up on that program and know what phones are compatible?

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/accessories/music_gateway.jsp